Jakkals

I had a bad last challenge, and my brain is not really cooperating.

I wanted to do all sorts of things, but I know myself well enough and are aware that while I am in this condition I am lucky if I just cope with life. 

So for this challenge I will only do one big thing at a time.

And I will start tomorrow with an Input Deprivation Week.

For one week:
  • No reading books.
  • No reading blogs.
  • No reading newspapers.
  • No going on Facebook (even just to post).
  • No watching TV (shows, sports, news, anything).
  • No watching movies.
  • No listening to talk radio.
  • No going on Reddit.
  • No going on Twitter.
  • No information input – only output!

My evenings has become consumed with Youtube, Quora and Facebook. I have done it before and I have wanted to do it for a while now. I will however allow myself to read in the mornings and at night in bed. 

I am not sure kicking off a challenge by telling people I would not be around is a good thing, but I will see you next week. 

• Like 6

Level 8 : Wizard Blacksmith 

[ STR 6 | DEX 6 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 10 | CHA 4 ]

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast

and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has

ordained that you shall live.

-Marcus Aurelius

On 14-3-2017 at 9:33 PM, Jakkals said:

I am not sure kicking off a challenge by telling people I would not be around is a good thing, but I will see you next week.

And thus we will wait here and see you check in next week. And if needed we will wait another week after that!

tumblr_nope0vsMEt1u7n015o1_500.gif

Hope you have had a good week!

... a little odd in the head ...

And I am checking in. A bit late, but it is fine.

The Input deprivation week did went well. Not perfect, but it never is. I also did not accomplish as much as I wanted too, but that is OK too.So tonight were the first night I were on Facebook, I seemed to have lost to urge to check everything.

It has not been a very good weekend. We had visitors on Saturday, I like the people but I dislike the constant group discussions. I did have a short private conversation, and that were fine.

But on  Friday I was trying to get something from my scrap pile, I put a small piece of floor grating on it's edge and it it fell onto my thumb. And as luck would have it in the worst way possible. It was extremely painful, my nail is blue and I would probably lose it and it started bleeding Saturday morning and is bleeding again now.  I still cannot bend my thumb and my weekend were spend watching youtube video's. And to add insult to injury my wallet was stolen from my car during Friday's lunchtime. I  got my first money of the year and kept out some of it to buy things I need and now it is gone.

The next thing I am doing is intermittent fasting. This is a fancy way of saying I am skipping breakfast. My very sugary cereal breakfast every morning is not good for me. I will see how this turns out.

• Like 4

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

-Marcus Aurelius

Oh man what a weekend! Hope your thumb heals quickly. At least most of the time, if you loose the nail, it will grow back. The patrol group here picked up a wallet that was stolen out of a house this weekend. That just sucks that yours was stolen. Hope you didn't have any ID or such difficult things to replace in it, but then, your bank cards was probably in it? Hope you get everything sorted.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Thanks for the concern. I have been a bit too absent over the past week.

My brain is fine for a change, I am pleased  with my equanimity in spite of everything, I must be doing something right.

But even so I am in a deep depression. It will take a while to get out of this one. I have got no plan of attack yet, just getting through my days is difficult enough. And I had an unpleasant incident with my father this afternoon that drove me into suicidal thoughts. Anger is an emotion. 

My Thumb still hurts a bit. It is a lot better, it has been bleeding on and off throughout the week, but it seemed to have stopped for now. When I push the nail now I got some frothy blood and bubbles under the nail. It is funny. It maybe will help a lot if I did not work as if nothing were wrong with it.

And one of the employees arrived at work this morning smelling like he has been drinking all weekend. I asked some of the senior guys to talk to him about it. I like the guy, but he has turned into a Monday-morning-absent problem.

The goal for the week is to sit on the floor as much as possible. It will help me to stretch my hip. The pain is not that bad most of the time, but putting on my left sock and shoe is something I dread. Some stretching will do me good.

• Like 3

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

-Marcus Aurelius

Ben Franklin complained about not being able to get any work out of his employees in the afternoon because they came back from lunch drunk. You're in good company. 

Dont really have any words of comfort for the depression except to say that you are not alone.

• Like 2

Is there a challenge?

I apologize for being absent. It will probably stay like this for the near future. 

I have good hours every now and then, but so little energy it is not really funny. Showering is a chore, making my bed is even worse. 

And I have installed Tetris on my computer. That was not a good idea. I have now uninstalled it. 

And my thumbnail is almost loose. Only one side is still stuck. 

I haven't been on Facebook for a week. Voluntarily. Youtube soaks up my time. For some reason I have started watching PGA. 

And last week I ran out of fuel three times. Once I did manage to get to the gas station. The other two times I had to walk. I have now pumped the bicycle tires.

Human. Sort of.  

• Like 2

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

-Marcus Aurelius

Depression sucks. When you've got it, there isn't anything you can really do to get rid of it. 

But it does pass eventually. So hang in there.

I was in a place a lot like you're describing a few years ago. I don't know exactly what's changed,  but it's been a while since it got debilitating or I missed work or something because of it. So, there's hope it can get better. 

I know clinging to anger had a lot to do with it for me. 

• Like 1

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

On 4/11/2017 at 1:18 PM, elizevdmerwe said:

Hang in there Jakkals. Things will turn around. Bicycle is good exercise. How are the dogs and cat doing?

I have taken the bicycle to work a few days this week. It may sound exciting, but it is downhill all the way and takes around seven minutes. And it upset my father. 

The dogs are fine. They do get their walks twice a day, I sometimes think they are spoiled too much, but the walks do me good. 

The cat is almost the same. The cancer is progressing very slowly, it will take a while before we have to make a decision. He slept on my lap for most of the afternoon.

On 4/14/2017 at 2:08 AM, Curl Brogo said:

But it does pass eventually. So hang in there.

I know clinging to anger had a lot to do with it for me. 

I think the unreasonableness of the anger is one of the worst things. I know it is not me, it is my brain but to get it to stop is almost impossible. I am almost seeing a rhythm to it, I have good and bad times. 

But it will pass. I have been through worse.  

===============

End of challenge.

I did not expect to accomplish much, and I were not disappointed. 

MY Facebook habit is gone, I have no urge to go there. I still have a Youtube and Quora problem. 

On to the next challenge.

• Like 5

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

-Marcus Aurelius