freck

giphy.gif

HI

HELLO

GREETINGS

Let's cut to the chase, shall we? 

~~~THE CHALLENGE~~~

WHOLE 30

Yep, it began yesterday, so it goes through zero week, though not all of my goals do.

It grade like so
X/30 per challenge

Track protein and calories here. This is important. I need this goal because apparently when I do not have it, things go horribly wrong.

I spent about a month basically dirty bulking SO

Whole 30 will also be a gentle cut. Whatever.

Avg week calorie goal: 1300-1400

Protein goal: Not graded for zero week because I need time to figure out how to do it with Whole 30 better, but will be aiming for 95g+ at week 1. (After the whole 30 I'm adjusting protein up, but I didn't wanna rock the boat too much, especially with a cut happening).

Grades like so
X/1400 per week
X/7 per week

Keep lifting. I barely need this goal, I do it even when I don't want to when I'm not tracking so I think this is just branded on my soul now.

3-4x per week, basically per the program. Doing 3 right now since due to back rehab there's just less to do, but will be bumping it back to 4 eventually.

Grade like

X/3 per week

Back Rehab

Do the thing 2x a day, try try try

I've been falling off the wagon since it feels pretty decent lately. Guys I drove 10 hours alone yesterday and my back only complained just a little during the driving, and not at all today. \o/

Also get 7k steps a day for the walking part of back rehab.

X/14

X/7000 (avg over week)

Write things

Goal: One complete short story by end of challenge. No word limit, can be flash fiction if I want to go there (I never do).

Ideastorm twice a week

Write a little bit daily (no time or word limit I think they freak me out)

X/2

X/7

Annnd that is all this go round. Momentum building time.

tumblr_mzx0kfC51l1qicfexo1_500.gif

• Like 8

Challenge Threads

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Hey lady. Miss you. Imma try to pop in more often and quit being shitty bout cheering on your awesome :D 

rAR6slw.gif

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, RedStone said:

Hey lady. Miss you. Imma try to pop in more often and quit being shitty bout cheering on your awesome :D 

rAR6slw.gif

Shush, ain't nothing shitty about your cheering. You cheer most excellently.

giphy.gif

• Like 5

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

20 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Shush, ain't nothing shitty about your cheering. You cheer most excellently.

15 minutes ago, ixaera said:

What Urgan said~

(you're the shark. It's a chiropractic hug. Cause that's a thing that happens in the wild.)

bLG5UzF.gif

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

ugh 10 hours driving with a sore back, you have my sympathies. 

I like your nice straight forward yet to the point get shit done challenge. 

I was a fair bit concerned about the possibility of a big step back due to it, but there wasn't a way around it. It wouldn't have been significantly better stuck in the passenger seat if I had found someone to come with me, so I just sucked it up. I wasn't as close to my uncle as my siblings were (they are much older and spend time with them when they were young, where I did not), but I have some good memories of the guy and while he could be a callous dildo sometimes, he was also (probably secretly lol) the type of person who rescued too many animals and was intensely kind when it really mattered. so, he'll be missed and I'm glad I went, even if it was a giant pain.

• Like 2

Challenge Threads

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

I've been writing more lately too, it's quite cathartic.

Also O HAI

• Like 2

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

12 minutes ago, ixaera said:

I was a fair bit concerned about the possibility of a big step back due to it, but there wasn't a way around it. It wouldn't have been significantly better stuck in the passenger seat if I had found someone to come with me, so I just sucked it up. I wasn't as close to my uncle as my siblings were (they are much older and spend time with them when they were young, where I did not), but I have some good memories of the guy and while he could be a callous dildo sometimes, he was also (probably secretly lol) the type of person who rescued too many animals and was intensely kind when it really mattered. so, he'll be missed and I'm glad I went, even if it was a giant pain.

Sorry for your loss, but

Image result for walk it off

(for the back pain part)

• Like 4

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

week 0.1 & 0.2 check ins

Monday

Whole 30 observed (at the expense of calories and protein)

Embarrassed to track the calories here, but I said I would: 755 (I didn't log anything til I got home, and while I was hungry, I just assumed I was around 1200-1300)

Protein: 33g

No lifting this Monday

Back rehab: I was in the car all day, so I was only able to do one cycle of ice

Steps: No clue because my FitBit had died, but probably not enough

Write things: No time

Tuesday

Whole 30 observed

Cals: 1378

Protein: 87g

(much better)

Lifts:
Volume bench & row day

Bench

Warm up

1x3 45 lbs

1x3 55 lbs

1x3 65 lbs

5x5 78 lbs

T-Bar Row (chest supported)

5x5 55.5 lbs (assuming bar is 45 from here out)

One-arm Standing Press

3x10 15 lbs 

Incline DB Fly

3x10 24 lbs 

(thanks whoever gave me this idea, it worked!)

Cable tricep pushdown

3x9 43 lbs (dumbbell wedged in the weight thingie hack)

Preacher db curls

3x10 24 lbs

Not really trying to progress on curls and I'm adding reps but the 15 lb bells are still in the 4 rep range. Might suck it up and buy those magnets Urgan mentioned for this...

So lifting weirdly unaffected yesterday by the poor eating choices (aka not doing it). Got lucky.

Back rehab: only one set of the PT, it's tougher when I go to the office, need a better system

Steps: over 10k, without really trying--this is easier at the office

Write things: was just insanely busy, so no :(

Whole 30: 2/30

Cals: 1067 (should tick into an acceptable zone by week's end)

Protein: 1/7

Lifts: 1/3

Back rehab: 1/14

Steps: ????/7000 (may just average this over 6 days since I just don't have any numbers for Monday)

Imagine things: 0/2

Write things: 0/7

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Here to follow! 

I know your eating can affect your lifts but how does it differ between normal eating and a whole30? 

• Like 1

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

1 hour ago, Jonesy said:

Here to follow! 

I know your eating can affect your lifts but how does it differ between normal eating and a whole30? 

Dunno yet! I might have an answer for this by the end maybe, but I'm also cutting so I definitely don't expect to progress as quickly. Calories are king when it comes to lifting power, so I would expect any affect it had on lifting to be utterly outweighed and masked entirely by the cut.

I can say

(click for TMI)

Spoiler

It's good for the poops

• Like 5

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

week 0.3

Whole 30 observed

Cals: 1551

Protein:110g

I thought that was going to be harder. (that's what she said)

Lifts: N/A today

Back rehab: Both sets completed, feeling some sciatica crap today

Steps: over 8k

Write things: Oh CRAP I forgot, I got all absorbed in other things, spent a lot of time this evening doing elliptical then store then cooking then dishes and wtf then it's already 9 what is this sigh, gotta stop failing before the challenge starts eh

Whole 30: 3/30

Cals: 1228 (I got dis)

Protein: 2/7

Lifts: 1/3

Back rehab: 3/14

Steps: ????/7000 (may just average this over 6 days since I just don't have any numbers for Monday)

Imagine things: 0/2

Write things: 0/7

Ok gotta prioritize the writing stuff. I think about stories pretty regularly but actually writing them down??? Wow no

• Like 2

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

11 hours ago, ixaera said:

I thought that was going to be harder. (that's what she said)

Image result for giggles

• Like 2

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

4 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

"whole 30 observed"

It does sometimes feel a bit like a religion, but in a good way. :applause:

Glad it wasn't as hard as you thought it was going to be. ;)

It's still hard. I want a whole bag of jelly bellies right now. lol

this is the hard part though. I'm hoping by day 30, bags of jelly bellies sound less appealing.

1 hour ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

I keep reading and not posting that I am following. 

I AM FOLLOWING. 

I mean, cuz duh. 

I am following yours too! (ofc) and gosh dang if I don't almost always do the same thing (on multiple threads) lol

• Like 2

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

8 hours ago, ixaera said:

It's still hard. I want a whole bag of jelly bellies right now. lol

this is the hard part though. I'm hoping by day 30, bags of jelly bellies sound less appealing.

I found some Harry Potter themed jelly belly the other day that had flavours like "dirt" and "vomit"... I tried them and they were fricken disgusting (the vomit tasted like vomit... and then my brain was all like "It's vomit... but it's not my vomit. Which means it's someone elses vomit...). Not really relevant to your thread but I figured why not....

• Like 3

Neutral Gargoyle Warrior with a dash of Ranger/Monk/Adventurer. Now LEVEL 9!  My Instagram

STR 78, CON 31, DEX 1, INT 21, WIS 13.5, CHA 4

Meet lifts: SQ 175kg, B 112.5kg, Dead 215kg.   Gym lifts: SQ 185kg, B 132.5kg, Dead 220kg

Nerd Stuff: Sci Fi TV, Sci Fi + Fantasy Books, Classic Space Lego, Warhammer 40K...

6 minutes ago, Blocky said:

I found some Harry Potter themed jelly belly the other day that had flavours like "dirt" and "vomit"... I tried them and they were fricken disgusting (the vomit tasted like vomit... and then my brain was all like "It's vomit... but it's not my vomit. Which means it's someone elses vomit...). Not really relevant to your thread but I figured why not....

bahahahaha

Bean Boozled, right? I picked up a box because I don't know why and nearly every bean was one of the ick flavors. Just my luck. Did you notice that the bad flavors didn't really seem to linger?

• Like 2

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

1 minute ago, ixaera said:

bahahahaha

Bean Boozled, right? I picked up a box because I don't know why and nearly every bean was one of the ick flavors. Just my luck. Did you notice that the bad flavors didn't really seem to linger?

I didn't notice because most of the beans were a burning cinnamon flavour which just overpowered the dirt/vomit flavour...

• Like 4

Neutral Gargoyle Warrior with a dash of Ranger/Monk/Adventurer. Now LEVEL 9!  My Instagram

STR 78, CON 31, DEX 1, INT 21, WIS 13.5, CHA 4

Meet lifts: SQ 175kg, B 112.5kg, Dead 215kg.   Gym lifts: SQ 185kg, B 132.5kg, Dead 220kg

Nerd Stuff: Sci Fi TV, Sci Fi + Fantasy Books, Classic Space Lego, Warhammer 40K...