• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DarK_RaideR

[DarK_RaideR] Road to Glory, Chapter 2: The Mudder and other challenges

379 posts in this topic

Continuing from Chapter 1, my quests going forward are the following:

• Nutrition: Batch cook some time during the weekend. Use the Zone Diet guidelines for quantity and ingredients. Prepare my own breakfast and lunch for the five days of the working week. Dinner and weekend food is not tracked, so I get to enjoy something with the SRLF and maintain my social life.
  • Coffee: It's summer so I can't go with hot tea only. Coffee is allowed, but breaking the habit of a morning coffee at work earns me money in savings, as described below.
  • Workouts: Nothing new here, 3 Crossfit workouts during the week. Things will however get highly competitive due to my new reward system, outlined below.
  • Life Goals
  1. Continue Bullet Journalling. It works
  2. Spend at least one hour every day working on my thesis and nothing else. I know there's no room for variance, life events etc because I'm leaving none. If I can't do it, I'll mark it a fail. Zero flexibility means I can't relax and take this easy.
  3. Purge. I need to clean up my living space. First step is CDs and clothes. Besides purging, I'm looking to sell these in hopes of aiding my financial situation. Thanks to @Teros for the inspiration here.
  4. Plumber. Find a damn one that will show up, manage to have enough money and get the damn toilet fixed
  5. Tires. Inspired by @Rurik Harrgath, change the ancient tires of my dreadful car before I die in a fiery car crash explosion.

The wrestling narrative will continue as well. For those who haven't been following this, I’m playing Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 and doing the Road to Glory challenge, essentially creating a newbie 18 year old alter ego in some backyard wrestling promotion as I try to headline the Main Event of a big promotion’s Pay Per View event. Technical details and rules can be found here. I am using the game’s database of characters, but set in 1997. Considering the first TEW was set in 2005, it's pretty early in that universe and if played well, I should have the chance to rise together with the game's most famous characters.

This challenge will run from April 3rd until my return from Ireland on July 10th. My aim is to maintain good habits and train for the Ireland Tough Mudder on July 5th, which I'll be running with fellow nerds @Jarric and @Miw_Sher. Other than that, I'll be looking to compete in any events or crossfit competitions that come up, namely Compete Live Athens if it happens during that time.

Just like the last few challenges, to add extra motivation and work towards a major life goal, I will be setting money aside according to my progress in order to buy a motorcycle.

- Batch cooking for the coming week earns me 1 Euro

Not having a coffee at work earns me 1 Euro in savings instead of said coffee

- Every day of Bullet Journalling earns me 1 Euro in savings

- For every day where I spend at least an hour working on my thesis, I get to save 1 Euro

- Managing to sell my CDs or clothes earns me the equivalent amount in savings

- Workout earnings are calculated as the difference between male athletes below me from male athletes above me on the day's Whiteboard. For example, ranking 12th out of 30 earns me (30-12)-11=7 Euros. Even a single workout can mean massive savings, so I better not skip those. Also, I gotta be super competitive and not merely make it through the WOD. Time to kick performance up a notch.

Tracking spreadsheet

12 people like this

Diary Archive

Previous Chapter (January 1997 - December 2004)

January 2005: Where to begin

February 2005: The end of guilt

March 2005: Stig of the Scorpion

April 2005: There's no justice, there's just us

May 2005: A death in the family

June 2005: Talk to me

July 2005: The test of endurance

August 2005: Summer cut

September 2005: Less people, more expenses

October 2005: Pack of lions

November 2005: Turns and half turns

December 2005: Return of the beast

January 2006: Like a chimney

February 2006: Some heads are gonna roll

March 2006: Options to choose from

April 2006: The league of extraordinary wrestlers

May 2006: Gotta build on solid ground

June 2006: The song remains the same

July 2006: Protection and safety

August 2006: Fast healing

September 2006: It's all about the ladies

October 2006: Basic mathematics

November 2006: Fine tuning

December 2006: Iron like a lion

January 2007: Roster shakeup

February 2007: Long time coming

March 2007: Lightning strikes twice

April 2007: One hundred shows

May 2007: The end of an era

June 2007: Theory of relativity

July 2007: Who's the face that runs the place

August 2007: Fashion statement

September 2007: Strength in numbers

October 2007: Dream job

November 2007: Holiday

December 2007: Endings and beginnings

January 2008: Friends with benefits

February 2008: Rushed decisions

March 2008: A complete mess

April 2008: Blink and you'll miss it

May 2008: Master and disciple

June 2008: Slaying the dragon

July 2008: Departures

August 2008: Separate ways

September 2008: And the heat goes on

October 2008: Nobody's irreplaceable

November 2008: Unexpected villains

December 2008: Another year gone by

January 2009: Great expectations

February 2009: Two's company

March 2009: World gone crazy

April 2009: Change of plans

May 2009: Publicity

June 2009: Get in the ring

July 2009: Terror rising

August 2009: Don't lose your cool

September 2009: Endings and beginnings

October 2009: Battle for Europe

November 2009: Clear the air

December 2009: Season finale

January 2010: It's a new year, yes it is

February 2010: Fallout

March 2010: The Ultimate Challenge

April 2010: X rated

May 2010: Double bookings

June 2010: Signings and pairings

July 2010: Terror rising

August 2010: Hotter than Hell

September 2010: Live on TV

Back to the Future (Oct 2010, W1, Ep01)

Back to the Future (Oct 2010, W2, Ep02)

Back to the Future (Oct 2010, W3, Ep03)

Back to the Future (Oct 2010, W4, Ep04)

October 2010: Battle for Europe

Back to the Future (Nov 2010, W1, Ep05)

Back to the Future (Nov 2010, W2, Ep06)

Back to the Future (Nov 2010, W3, Ep 07)

Back to the Future (Nov 2010, W4, Ep 08)

November 2010: Reach for the Sky

Back to the Future (Dec 2010, W1, Ep 09)

Back to the Future (Dec 2010, W2, Ep 10)

Back to the Future (Dec 2010, W3, Ep 11)

Back to the Future (Dec 2010, W4, Ep 12)

December 2010: End of the World

NextGen Wrestling

NextGen Wrestling (or NGW, for short) was founded on January 1997 in Greece by two men, Leo Harrison and John Silver. Friends since training, they decided the European and UK circuit was too focused on old-school technical wrestling or drunken bloody brawls and wanted somewhere to showcase their own high flying style without having to go as far as the States, Canada, Mexico or Japan. South East Europe was chosen as a virgin territory that would provide little competition and since John Silver was moving back to his home country, he let Leo Harrison be the company's owner while he would be the booker to run it. With barely $1.000 as starting capital and two more wrestlers besides owner and booker, NGW held its first show in January 1997 as a backyard wrestling group in front of eight people.

NGW grew from Local to Small size within the first five years since its creation and managed to achieve Regional size by the end of 2004.

The Roster

large.CVFP_WhiteMale_009.jpg

John Silver (Entrance theme)

Born in 1979, John Silver is NGW's booker and the only Greek on the roster, which is slightly surprising for a company based in Greece. Due to his small size, he bases most of his offense on fast aerial attacks and isn't above letting the larger members of the roster beat him when they need to. He has never managed to win any NGW titles yet.

large.586a28e8e845f_LeoHarisson.jpg

Leo Harrison (Entrance theme)

Leo Harrison spent his teenage years between wresting rings and rave parties. He's taken the experience from the latter and used it to create the persona of a happy-go-lucky party animal who's not afraid to hit extremely risky moves, though he's since painted a few darker undertones to it. Leo is the owner of NGW and while he's a great character overall, he's gradually become more and more of a negative influence backstage, which is assumed to be linked to potential drug issues. Leo has stated in interviews that he suffers from pre-match nerves which get worse the more he's pushed up the card, something that's kept him from abusing his power and allowed others to be in the main event spotlight instead. He has however held the NextGen Championship on two occasions.

large.58779810acdd1_VivJacobs.jpg

Viv Jacobs (Entrance theme)

Viv "The Violence" Jacobs is one half of the Lesbians with Attitude team together with Corrine White. Hired in August 1997, the duo was NGW's first tag team and a bold step away from the fragile, scantily clad stereotype of women in wrestling. Unlike her partner, Viv turned out to have somewhat of a potential and worked on improving herself, which helped her stay with NGW long after her troublemaking partner departed. Shortly after joining, Viv also signed with the now defunct Ultimate Combat Ring and soon won the UCR  Women's Title. She has yet to capture championship gold with NGW.

large.JoeyBeauchamp-2.jpg

Joey Beauchamp (Entrance theme)

Oxford University alumni Joey "The Breeze" Beauchamp was hired by NGW on March 1998, desperate to get out of an area that had little to offer for his wrestling career. A year later, he defeated Leo Harrison to capture his first NextGen Championship. He would go on to beat him again for the title on March 2000 and become the first ever two-time NextGen champion, as well as a third time in December 2000. Joey has never looked back, remaining as one of the top heels in NGW ever since and even putting on some extra muscle in May 2001. He and Geena the Warrior Princess have been dating since Juy 2002.

large.588505b4d6c38_RedDragon.jpg

Red Dragon (Entrance theme)

"The Welsh Warrior" Red Dragon joined NGW on September 1998, realising his cruiserweight style would never get him anywhere in a hardcore company like Men of Steel Combat, where he was signed at the time. A fan of the japanese super junior style, he naturally became friend with Golden Scorpion when the latter joined NGW. He is mostly remembered for a video of his performance during NGW's December 2001 show going viral over the internet, securing him and the company some much needed exposure at the time. It is believed that this incident led to him becoming NextGen Champion on the next show, something he only held on to for three months.

large.5885064ac845f_AlabasterLivingstone_alt.jpg

Nelson Frye (Entrance theme)

Nelson Frye met John Silver during the latter's UK holiday on Christmas 1998 and immediately, a strong friendship was forged. Frye debuted for NGW in January 1999. Nelson became NextGen Champion in June 2001 but lost the title the next month to Golden Scorpion. This however was enough to get the attention of now-defunct Ultimate Combat Ring who signed him immediately and even gave him the UCR World Combat Championship in December 2002. Nelson won NextGen gold again in June 2002 and got his revenge by beating Golden Scorpion while retaining the title for 16 months, losing it only to Tommy Cornell the night of the latter's debut.

large.GeenaPrincess.jpg

Geena the Warrior Princess (Entrance theme)

Geena the Warrior Princess bases her amazon character around popular TV series Xena. She joined NGW on January 1999 and kept taking parallel bookings for CWWF (defunct) and WWA in Canada while also touring Japan with BHOTWG. With a busy schedule, minor attitude problems and others outshining her at the top, Geena has not yet been able to grab any titles. Behind the scenes she's been dating Joey Beauchamp since July 2002.

large.58886a1858892_HakonKristiansen.jpg

Petter Eriksson (Entrance theme)

Petter Eriksson is a large Norwegian brawler that joined NGW in February 1999. Petter also joined the now-defunct ALPHA from its creation in January 2001 until its demise in November 2002. He's climbed the ranks and has now settled into being one half of Fitness Fury, NGW's top heel tag team with partner Miss Information. Taking up the role of the big brawler next to his smaller technician partner, Petter further enhanced his performances by putting on a significant amount of muscle by May 2003. Two months later, Fitness Fury captured their first tag team gold.

large.KeithAdams-1.jpg

Keith Adams (Entrance theme)

"Rock Solid" Keith Adams is a decent all arounder who works as a policeman during the day. Once his two jobs overlapped and he stopped a match in order to arrest a known criminal he spotted in the audience. Of course it made headlines, while at the same time making it practically impossible to present him as a villain. He joined NGW on January 2000 and struggled to make his mark while also toning his physique. Despite posessing talent, consistency and a strong work ethic, Keith Adams hasn't yet managed to win any titles in NGW.

large.588c549203879_GoldenScorpion.jpg

Golden Scorpion (Entrance theme)

Nicknamed "The Gold and Black Attack", the exciting masked japanese high flyer known as Golden Scorpion joined NGW on March 2000 and became popular overnight, thanks to his skill and attire. He's been a regular touring Japan with BHOTWG and now-defunct WLW. Golden Scorpion became NextGen Champion in July 2001 by defeating Nelson Frye and dropped the title to Red Dragon in January 2002 but beat him for it three months later. He has been dating Golden Delicious since April 2004.

large.58a018acc38b3_AdamMatravers.jpg

Adam Matravers (Entrance theme)

Sheffield's own "Mile High" Adam Matravers is a talented all-round worker, particularly adept at high flying.  Only a year in the business when he was signed by NGW on January 2002, his trainers had already singled him out for high praise, noting that his work ethic, in ring skill and excellent look will carry him a long way in the business onto becoming one of the crown jewels of European wrestling. Soon after his debut, he was paired with Robert Howard to take advantage of their great tag chemistry.

large.58a018de48814_FrankVanHeer.jpg

Frank De Pain (Entrance theme)

Frank De Pain is a young high flier who's small for a wrestler, so he uses that to his advantage by getting great "sympathy heat" fighting bigger wrestlers. He also has talent to spare and unlimited potential. Frank joined NGW on January 2002, followed soon by his tag team partner Ruud Van Anger in November 2002 to form underdog team "Double Dutch" and become the first ever NGW Tag Team champions in December 2002. He is dating Laura "Miss Information" McKenna.

large.CVFP_WhiteMale_092.jpg

Robert Howard (Entrance theme)

Robert Howard is American, but he was trained in Japan and it shows in his hard hitting style. The Louisiana native is  6' 5", weighs 294lbs and it's all muscle and bone. Robert loves the hardcore wrestling style and usually pushes his brawling to the point of blood, foreign items and insane dives from crazy heights. He joined NGW in January 2002 and was soon teamed with Adam Matravers thanks to their chemistry. Billed simply as Matravers&Howard, he does the brawling while his partner brings the flashy aerial offense.

large.58a01a52c79dd_ViperMcKenna.jpg

Miss Information (Entrance theme)

Laura McKenna works under the catchy alias of "Miss Information", mainly as a wrestler but she's also good enough on the mic to fill in as manager too. She's a quite technical wrestler and was trained by the well known "British Samurai" to be very solid in her performances. Her quick wit and biting humor helps both on the microphone and backstage, having earned her the nickname of "Viper" McKenna. She joined NGW on May 2002 and started dating Frank De Pain shortly after, but on screen she's always around Petter Eriksson thanks to their awesome chemistry, whether she's managing him or they're teaming up as NGW's premier heel team "Fitness Fury". The team has gone on to become NGW Tag Team Champions in July 2003.

large.58a019e464276_RichardBlood.jpg

Richard Blood (Entrance theme)

The Hawaian Richard Blood has spent most of his life on the West Coast of the States. He's quick, he's strong, he's charismatic but he's been kept down by the lack of oppoprtunities, usually wrestling in Japan under a mask or doing the evil foreigner routine in the US. His chance for something better came when he joined NGW on May 2002, but he has been unable to win any titles so far.

large.58bc503735f13_MaximumDestruction.jpglarge.58bc50353c722_MaximumCarnage.jpg

The Elimination Agents (Entrance theme)

The Elimination Agents are a young promising tag team of brawlers who can pull off both babyface and heel characters. Genocide Agent and Suicide Agent have little experience teaming up but youth, potential and distinctive facepaint are on their side, leading to their signing in November 2002.

large.58bc509b02e81_HenrickVanBon.jpg

Ruud Van Anger (Entrance theme)

Ruud Van Anger joined NGW on November 2002. He teams up with childhood friend Frank De Pain as Double Dutch and though Ruud is nowhere near as good as his partner, they have decent experience as a team. The duo became the first ever NGW Tag Team Champions on December 2002.

large.58ca36456a5ce_MaratKhoklov.jpg

Marat Khoklov (Entrance theme)

The gigantic Marat Khoklov from Russia is a man well over 400lbs of muscle and menace. The former bodybuilder has some freakish strength and surprising athleticism to go with his size and looks, which means he can do much more than the average monster heel who simply demolishes smaller wrestlers. He joined NGW in October 2003 and has dominated the scene.

large.58ca360d7f335_BritishSamurai.jpg

British Samurai (Entrance theme)

Coming down to the ring in appropriate garment and weilding a pair of nunchacks, British Samurai may not be that great on the mic but he's solid in the ring and has a great grasp of psychology and the fundamentals. He's also the trainer and mentor of Laura "Miss Information" McKenna. Looking to not only utilize him in the ring, but also to train her and be the company's Road Agent in the future, NGW signed him on November 2003.

large.58ca3c83cc05e_TommyCornell.jpg

Tommy Cornell (Entrance theme)

"Rough Justice" Tommy Cornell is a young Englishman who had a tryout with Supreme Wrestling Federation, the biggest company in the world and impressed his opponent enough to comment that he was better than many others who have been wrestling for years. He's got the total package, perfect in every little thing and was a surprise when he agreed to join NGW on November 2003. On his first night, he defeated Nelson Frye to end his 16 month title reign and capture the NextGen Championship.

large.58ca34309c70c_EddieChandler.jpg

Eddie Chandler (Entrance theme)

"Fabulous" Eddie Chandler is trained in Canada, meaning he's got both the charisma and the in-ring skills on a very good level. Sadly for him, both major promotions in Canada revolve around the families of their owners, the Stones and the DeColts, so he was never meant to shatter that glass ceiling. No longer satisfied with playing second fiddle to the family heroes, Eddie took his chances and joined NGW on March 2004.

large.CVFP_AsianMale_086.jpg

Akio Koruba (Entrance theme)

Akio Koruba may be very young, but he's got potential written all over him. His strikes are impressive and stiff, usually setting opponents up for his array of devastating knee hits, while he's got the charisma to play cocky characters thanks to his habit of talking with a slight stiffness in his upper lip. He joined NGW on March 2004.

large.58ca3627b320a_GoldenDelicious.jpg

Golden Delicious (Entrance theme)

Golden Delicious is both skilled and promising for the future, but her homeland of Australia tends to favor rugged hardcore brawlers. NGW snatched her before some Japanese all-women's promotion could, signing her in March 2004. She has been dating Golden Scorpion since April 2004.

large.58ca3411bb23d_BeastBantom.jpg

Beast Bantom (Entrance theme)

18 year old rookie Beast Bantom (real name: Martyn Staddon) is an enormously powerful man. At 320lbs and 6'8" he is not somebody to be taken lightly. Debuting in 2004, his savage attack style was noticed early and earned him the nickname of "The Master of the Powerbomb". He joined NGW shortly after his debut, in September 2004.

large.CVFP_WhiteMale_015.jpg

Giovanni Bruno (Entrance theme)

The Italian Giovanni Bruno is 6ft tall and weighs 247lbs. Equally versed in portraying babyfaces or heels, he has a knack for comedic characters, the annoying habit of ending every sentence with 'know what I mean?' and a ton of potential. He joined NGW in September 2004.

large.Griffin.jpg

Griffin (Entrance theme)

Swedish wrestler Griffin is somewhat of a veteran. Already past 32 years of age, he came into the sport late and therefore has been unable to build a reputation that would match his age. He has an interesting technical wrestling style and has been able to showcase it in NGW since September 2004.

large.58ca36469cf36_MarihitoMasuko.jpg

Marihito Masuko (Entrance theme)

All the way from Japan, Marihito Masuko is a visually stunning wrestler who debuted in 2000.  He already has an exciting arsenal of high flying moves and some decent technical skills, although his skills with basic moves leave something to be desired. He joined NGW in September 2004.

large.58ca3c9724f0d_PeteyBarnes.jpg

Petey Barnes (Entrance theme)

"The X Factor" Petey Barnes is a young, talented high flier, who is memorable for his prematurely whitened hair. A flashy but not exceptional high flier, Petey has a way to go before he will be considered among the UK's elite. He joined NGW in September 2004.

large.58ca3c9d999b3_RipperLeStat.jpg

Ripper LeStat (Entrance theme)

Ripper LeStat (real name: Stephen Cuthill) is nothing short of impressive visually, though meant with a creepy tone to it. He's used that to perform as the vampiric Ripper LeStat character and it's caught on, mainly thanks to his incredible charisma. He joined NGW in September 2004.

large.58ca367ea7550_ChristopherLister_alt1.jpg

Toby Juan Kanobi (Entrance theme)

Christopher Lister works under the alias of Toby Juan Kanobi and has so far escaped lawsuits by making his character that of an obsessive sci-fi fan. He usually teams with a similar character named Jed High, but he joined NGW on his own in September 2004. He's already quite popular and as a worker he's improving with every match.

large.58ca3b3f8f3c0_LukeCool.jpg

Travis Cool (Entrance theme)

Performing either as Travis Cool or Luke Cool, this youngster can play a cocky heel or stupid pretty boy band character with equal ease. He has some good all round skills for such a young man and it seems he could become a big name given a few years to develop his potential. He joined NGW in September 2004.

large.58ca35d0585e8_JimmiAddams.jpglarge.58ca35e1ce609_KalvinAddams.jpg

The Evil Henchmen (Entrance theme)

In case you couldn't tell, Jimmy and Kalvin Addams are twins. The English rookies team up as the comic duo of the Evil Henchmen (even referring to themselves as Evil Henchman #1 and Evil Henchman #1), two incompetent lackeys constantly unable to thwart the babyfaces plans.

large.58ca3a638b60c_HerschelTheHammer.jpg

Herschel the Hammer (Entrance theme)

Herschel The Hammer is a big Austrian brawler who has been oddly overlooked by the EWCW promotion since it was created, with no obvious reason why.  He's had a chance with UCR but that ended with the promotion's collapse, leading him to join NGW in September 2004. His main method of attack is his power, which allows him to lift people with ease and throw them around like rag dolls pretty much at will. An odd fact about him is that he likes to take part in play-by-mail wrestling games and as of January 1997, is actually the handler of the World Champion of the game he plays, a title he has now held for over two months and doesn't look likely to lose any time soon.

large.58ca3cadb2e49_InkyTheSquid.jpg

Inky the Squid Boy (Entrance theme)

Inky The Squid Boy is a talented masked high flier from the US, who has found some success on the independent circuit where he has been developing his skills. He is known for his high risk attacks, distinctive mask, and his trademark of blowing black mist in people's faces.  He also works some shows for RPW in the States, taking the time to visit friends and family while he is back home. Inky joined NGW in September 2004. Three months later he got into an incident when police stopped him for speeding and spent the night in a jail cell.

large.58ca35cf29d11_JeriBehr.jpg

Jeri Behr (Entrance theme)

Beautiful rookie Jeri Behr is a young female fighter from Sweden who has a great look, and is rapidly improving in the ring. A keen gymnast, who represented her country as a teenager, she uses some of those skills in the ring and could develop to be a major female player in NGW. She joined the company in September 2004.

large.58ca363557466_KaluOwusu.jpg

Kalu Owusu (Entrance theme)

Kalu Owusu is a rookie powerhouse from the Ivory Coast who is noted for his surprising agility for such a big guy. A straight ahead brawler, his no-nonsense style is the sort of thing that is hugely respected in Japan, which is where he hopes to compete once he has built up his reputation first. The first step towards that was joining NGW in September 2004.

large.58ca365ecb834_StigSvensson.jpg

Stig Svensson (Entrance theme)

Stig Svensson is an all-rounder from Norway, who has the total package of a great look, charisma, and competent in-ring skills. UCR had him perform as the masked "Captain Hero" but he's been wrestling under his real name since joining NGW in September 2004.

large.58ca3a1f71b3b_HarleyNeill.jpg

The Juicer (Entrance theme)

Neil Taylor is a very good athlete, who specializes in bloody hardcore brawls, hence his name as "The Juicer". His hardcore nature actually hides the fact that he's a decent worker.  He has had a number of wild brawls with Psycho (Ernest Flores) in Men of Steel Combat in the UK that have been considered among many MOSC fans as some of the best matches in the promotion of recent years. He joined NGW in September 2004.

large.JacobBailey.jpg

Jacob Bailey

Jacob Bailey is NGW's head referee. He has been with the company since its inception, minus a three year period from June 1997-200 when he was imprisoned for driving over the speed limit.

Alumni and Honorable Mentions

large.586a32530084c_StevieStoat.jpg

Stevie Stoat

NGW Original Stevie Stoat was also the first ever NexGen Champion. However, a series of injuries and backstage tension with Tony Mahr led to his release just 8 months after he joined the company.

large.586a32543392c_TonyMahr.jpg

Tony Mahr

Finnish powerhouse Tony Mahr was an NGW Original and at the time, the company's top villain. He captured the NextGen title from Stevie Stoat right before Stoat's departure and held onto it for almost a year, establishing himself as an unbeatable monster thanks to his few words, menacing muscles and "No Mahr!" submission finisher. Soon after his title loss, his performance began to dwindle and on January 2000 he was caught drinking alcohol in the locker room before a show. After previous alcohol issues with Phil Templeton and K'Lee Hawkins, management displayed zero tolerance and fired him on the spot. Less than six months later, Mahr was involved in a steroid scandal, which might explain how he was able to pack that much muscle in his short, stocky frame.

large.5872abfd4adb6_AngryGilmore.jpg

Tom Gilmore

At the tender age of 19, Tom "Angry" Gilmore joined NGW in June 1997 while already under a developmental contract with the top company in the world, Supreme Wrestling Federation, which speaks volumes of him. His performaces helped put NGW on the map during its infancy, but his job with SWF as well as Japan tours with BHOTWG meant his stock rose faster than NGW finances could keep up with at the time, so he was let go amicably before he could capture championship gold.

large.5877980d290c4_CorrineWhite.jpg

Corrine White

"Angry Butch" Corrine White is one half of the Lesbians with Attitude team together with Viv Jacobs. Hired in August 1997, the duo was NGW's first tag team and a bold step away from the fragile, scantily clad stereotype of women in wrestling. Corrine caused all sorts of backstage problems and never seemed to improve her already limited skills, which led to her release in December 2000.

large.5877b917c425e_HugoLopes.jpg

Hugo Lopes

Hugo Lopes is a cruiserweight from Portugal. Hired in August 1997, he seemed to be loaded with potential. He also joined the now defunct Ultimate Combat Ring, capturing the UCR European Title in September 1999. Hugo had some good matches but blew his own chances when John Silver had enough of his complaining, push requests and wage raises, firing him in December 2000.

large.5877980f80b9c_PhilTempleton.jpg

Phil Templeton

"Irish Fire" Phil Templeton was the first true heavyweight hired by NGW back in August 1997. Soon, he was revealed to have alcohol problems and despite the initial supportive patience, he was released in January 1999 after causing an injury while wrestling intoxicated. Phil went through a dark depressive phase that saw him put on fat and break up his marriage, but he still wrestles for NGW occasionally as a jobber on one-night deals, especially thanks to his awesome chemistry when fighting John Silver and Leo Harrison.

large.KLeeHawkins_zps3032c981.jpg

K'Lee Hawkins

K'Lee Hawkins (whose real name is indeed Kelly) flew in from Newcastle on July 1998 to debut for NGW but was piss drunk by the time the plane touched ground. With Phil Templeton's alcohol addiction already a problem, he was fired on the spot before ever officially going out in front of an NGW crowd.

large.588c5473432a0_TurkishDelight.jpg

Kirk the Turk

Whether wrestling as "Kirk the Turk" or "Turkish Delight", fans have come to love him and dub him "Cringe Valley Superman". First appearing in September 1999, he's never officially joined NGW but remains a steady jobber on a series of one-night deals.

large.589981c97e39a_RahabadLawal.jpglarge.589981caa3cfc_RashidLawal.jpg

The Nigerian Hit Squad

Calling themselves "The Nigerian Hit Squad' brothers Rahabad and Rashid Lawal (can you tell who's who?) have been teaming up since December 2000, when they made their first appearance for NGW. They have never been official members of the roster, but they are the first to call if a tag team needs two big bad villains to beat for the show.

large.58a019c938c3d_SuperFalcon.jpglarge.58a019bb2916b_DarkFalcon.jpg

Super Falcon/Dark Falcon

Portugese wrestlers Super Falcon and Dark Falcon (obviously one being the nemesis of the other) are friends that they trained together. They were signed by NGW on January 2002 but fired just three months later when they actually fought each other and revealed their terrible chemistry.

large.58bc505cbece6_KarenBilous.jpg

Karen Bilous

Karen Bilous, also known as "The Pain from Ukraine" was signed in November 2002. Strong, fast and tough as nails, she also competes in various bodybuilding and powerlifting competitions in her home country, which speaks volumes of her dedication, work ethic and crossover fame. She was amicably released just 3 months after joining, without any official explanation as to the reason.

large.58bd2f2650c8f_WaelHossam.jpg

Wael Hossam

Wael Hossam is an Egyptian wrestler who uses a very old fashioned amateur wrestling style, mastered to perfection to the point where he is unbeatable on the mat. He debuted for NGW on December 2002 as a one-night jobber, but was impressive enough fighting Geena the Warrior Princess and displaying wonderful chemistry in doing so. He has been steadily showing up since, although he hasn't been officially signed, but it is believed he might make it if he continues to impress.

large.58a018c34c0e2_AiyaMurata.jpg

Ai Okasawa

5'2" Ai Okasawa had signed with now defunct Ultimate Combat Ring, but her potential made NGW management sign her up as well on January 2002. She's gone on public record saying she hates wresting smaller people than her, which is pretty much anyone who's not a child or midget. Ai bulked up to remedy the issue but was soon after sidelined when she sustained an Upper Lumbar Spinal Cord Rupture while wresting for BHOTWG, which combined resulted in her release from the company in October 2003.

large.5872abdaf3a77_NeilFearn.jpg

Neil Fearn

18 year old Swiss referee Neil Fearn joined NGW on June 1997, after head referee Jacob Bailey was arrested for speeding and sentenced to serve for 3 years behind bars. Neil wasn't exactly great as a referee and never really got any better, which led to him being fired shortly after Jacob Bailey was released and returned to the company.

1 person likes this

GL power abuse alert. You cheat :P

3 people like this

Following!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 person likes this

On 3/27/2017 at 9:10 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

GL power abuse alert. You cheat :P

Says the man who's been using his powers to extend his challenge thread over multiple challenges and hide this one till it was ready ;) 

4 people like this

I am confused but here of course,

Also,

Griffin's entrance theme is HELLOWEEN FAVORITE CHARACTER CONFIRMED *_________*

[edit to note that Leo's Lunatic Calm flashed me firmly back to 00's Matrix Days and was quite excellent]

1 person likes this

I finally got a plumber to come on Thursday. This week I'm trying to track down an electrician. Good luck!!

1 person likes this

Following along man.

I'm hoping I get a chance to read this thread soon where I can stick some audio on, because I'm certain those entrance themes will be excellent.

1 person likes this

Cindy XXX on Saturday, this week's workouts were nothing but pullups, pushups and squats. A big hello to everyone following already.

17 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Says the man who's been using his powers to extend his challenge thread over multiple challenges and hide this one till it was ready ;) 

Fun fact: When I first made this thread, I ticked both "Upon posting..." Hide and Lock boxes before hitting post, so theoretically it should be posted hidden and locked already. 5 users, ordinary nerds with no GL or admin powers were somehow already following it.

13 hours ago, shaar said:

Griffin's entrance theme is HELLOWEEN FAVORITE CHARACTER CONFIRMED *_________*

[edit to note that Leo's Lunatic Calm flashed me firmly back to 00's Matrix Days and was quite excellent]

For some reason, I expected you'd be one of those who'd listen to the songs and make comments :D

Griffin's theme made sense and it's also a subtle nod to Chris Jericho choosing that name after hearing Helloween's "Walls of Jericho" album ;) Leo Harrison started off as a raver character and since mine already had Prodigy, I went for Lunatic Calm.

3 people like this

January 2005: Where to begin

large.CVFP_WhiteMale_009.jpglarge.586a28e8e845f_LeoHarisson.jpg
Hitting Regional size at last brought about a myriad of changes and decisions. Of course, all of it was discussed with Leo after the holidays, which I spent honing my Basic wrestling skills. Wrapping up things from before, I made his goal of not going into debt, on the contrary I made more money than I began with. Along the same lines, as far as the goal of not falling in rankings goes, not only did I make that, but I managed to climb from 23rd to 22nd. Confident in my management skills, Leo kept his original hiring limitations (age, law issues and MMA Crossovers) and gave me two new things to chase. The first is to not fall below Regional size after 32 months. Assuming the competition remains scarce and there's no battles, this one should be easy. The second is to not be in debt after 2 years, which mainly means I gotta control expenses as the roster grows and we expand to new territories.

Speaking of territorial expansion, next stage is Cult size and that requires us to be equally popular in two territories, so we'll keep working South East Europe while we also build our name elsewhere. Fortunately, our shows so far have had some spillover effects, meaning people around Europe know NGW, mainly in Italy, France, Central and Eastern Europe. Scandinavia and Iberia (that's Spain and Portugal) are further away and our popularity is lower there. In choosing an area to focus, I checked the reverse spillover first. Apparently, doing shows in Italy, France and Eastern Europe will not provide any spillover popularity for NGW in its home area of South East Europe, so I decided our secondary focus will be Central Europe. That way, regardless of where each show is held, progress in one territory will spill over to the other as well. Not to mention that Central Europe is exactly that, central, meaning spillover fame affects all of Europe. Then there's recent signings like Herschel the Hammer and a multitude of local jobbers I can utilize. Central Europe it is.

large.58bd2f2650c8f_WaelHossam.jpg

As a result of our recent growth, I finally reached out to Wael Hossam and offered him a steady job with NGW. His performances have been impressive so far and I'd like to have him with us when doing shows in Central Europe as well. While many fans have been praying for this to happen months now, Wael's signing will go down in my books as the milestone for two other things. First is downside, a standard now that we've hit Regional size. Simply put, downside is a guaranteed payment in case a wrestler isn't used in a show. Of course, I negotiate and try to keep it lower than the actual pay for making an appearance, but it's something to keep in mind for future hirings and contract renewals. Fortunately, most of our stars were signed under 10 year contracts, so they'll keep showing up with raise requests but no mention of downside yet. The second reason for this signing to be historic is our brand new drug testing policy. Now that finances allow, I decided to medically test every new signing (Wael's results came back clean, by the way) while also implementing a basic testing policy of random samplings after shows. Sure, it allows people to slip through the cracks if they're lucky and it won't catch light users, but it's the best I can do for now and better than nothing.

large.58e1f2ac3b3e3_MarkStanford.jpglarge.58e1f2ab13af4_TaraGreen.jpg

Medical testing only applies to active wrestlers though. Another big step I took was hiring announcer Mark Stanford and color commentator Tara Green. Not that a commentary duo is necessary when we don't do televised or Pay Per View shows yet, but it'll enhance the quality of our DVDs. Meanwhile, the two of them will have plenty of time to get used to working with each other, so by the time we make it to Cult size, I'll already have an experienced duet to run commentary. Mark is somewhat of a negative influence backstage, but he's skilled and I've got plenty of great characters to cover his influence. Tara is pretty good on the mic too, good enough to also take bookings as a manager, but for now I'm keeping her off of that.

I wasn't the only one hiring people though. EEWW have been employing Tommy Cornell for a while now, but I didn't mind because they're smaller and in case our bookings clashed, I knew Cornell would show up. The problem though is EEWW are members of a cross-promotion group called the Hardcore Alliance. As part of their talent exchange program, they loaned Tommy Cornell to a company down under called Youth Energy Pro Wrestling. YEPW is bigger than NGW is at the moment and it looks like Cornell will not be available for our first ever show as a Regional company. It goes without saying that I can't have our champion missing, so this basically forced my hand. As soon as Cornell is available to work an NGW show again, he's dropping the NextGen title.

large.58a018de48814_FrankVanHeer.jpg

Frank De Pain beat me in our little gains competition. While I spent the holidays working on my basic wrestling skills, Frank hit the weights hard and returned buff enough to now classify as a Lightweight. Hopefully this will allow him to sometimes wrestle Small opponents and better display his fighting style. The real question here is what happens with his friend and tag partner, Ruud Van Anger.

large.58ca365ecb834_StigSvensson.jpg

Stig Svensson may be one of the older active wrestlers on the roster right now, but he sure is no grumpy old man. His spot-on impressions of various colleagues had the enture locker room rolling on the floor laughing, creating a pleasant atmosphere before the show and alleviating much of the stress involved with performing in front of a massively larger audience.

large.58a01a52c79dd_ViperMcKenna.jpglarge.58ca35cf29d11_JeriBehr.jpg

I'm not sure if Laura "Miss Information" McKenna was on the prowl for more potential allies again, but she seemed to have a lot of fun fooling around with Jeri Behr. The two had a great time and their mood was infectious, spreading positivety around the backstage area.

large.58ca3411bb23d_BeastBantom.jpgvslarge.CVFP_WhiteMale_015.jpgvslarge.58ca3a638b60c_HerschelTheHammer.jpg

vs

large.58ca3c9d999b3_RipperLeStat.jpgvslarge.58779810acdd1_VivJacobs.jpgvslarge.58bd2f2650c8f_WaelHossam.jpg

Like I said, the audience was way bigger this month, 2.600 fans to be exact. I told wrestlers everybody would have a spot in our first Regional show, which explains why the pre-show began with a six way match that featured regular members of the roster. Some may have thought it was a decision of celebration, but the real motive is I wanted to experiment. Does Regional income allow for a profit in the "worst" case scenario where I use the entire roster for a show? And if so, by what margin? Shows in Central Europe will damage our account for a while until popularity there picks up, so we need to make enough when performing at home. Anyway, back to the show, Wael made a strong debut as a legitimate athlete, emphasizing his amateur wrestling background and winning the six way match by defeating Giovanni Bruno thanks to his Camel Clutch finisher. Typical move for a middle eastern themed character, I know. Match was an E+ (32/100) and Wael rightfully won after being head and shoulders above everyone else in terms of performance, even veteran Viv Jacobs who subty switched to an Arch Competitor gimmick. Both Giovanni Bruno and Ripper LeStat were really off their game, which dragged the bout down and was a major disappointment for both hopeful youngsters.

large.58a018acc38b3_AdamMatravers.jpglarge.CVFP_WhiteMale_092.jpg

vs

large.58a018de48814_FrankVanHeer.jpglarge.58bc509b02e81_HenrickVanBon.jpg

vs

large.589981c97e39a_RahabadLawal.jpglarge.589981caa3cfc_RashidLawal.jpg

vs

large.58bc503735f13_MaximumDestruction.jpglarge.58bc50353c722_MaximumCarnage.jpg

In similar fashion, the match that followed was a four way tag elimination match. Nigerian Hit squad was recruited for the occasion, since I'm also considering offering them a contract and Elimination Agents were pulled from obscurity. It all came out an E+ (35/100), with the Agents eliminated first, then the Nigerian Hit Squad and finally, Double Dutch.

large.586a28e8e845f_LeoHarisson.jpgvslarge.58ca34309c70c_EddieChandler.jpg

Leo needed a victory and he got it, but considering how I want to keep him away from the main event scene, it was during the pre-show and pretty cheap too, by countout to be exact. Eddie Chandler has some distance to go still, but this was a decent D- (37/100) match alright.

large.58a01a52c79dd_ViperMcKenna.jpgvslarge.58ca36469cf36_MarihitoMasuko.jpg

In Cornell's absence, I put Petter Eriksson in the main event. Miss Information would be his manager, but since I'm paying her anyway for an appearance, I had her also wrestle Marihito Masuko in a pre-show match in hopes it would teach him a thing or two. Wasn't bad, E+ (32/100) there and we were ready to kick off the actual show.

large.CVFP_AsianMale_086.jpgvslarge.58ca3c9724f0d_PeteyBarnes.jpg

Akio Koruba opened the show with a D (44/100) promo, proving he's got the talking skills to go far. His opponent for the night was Petey Barnes and they warmed up the crowd with a somewhat underwhelming D- (38/100) match that Akio won thanks to his killer K.O. Kick.

large.KeithAdams-1.jpgvslarge.58ca3b3f8f3c0_LukeCool.jpg

Veteran Keith Adams took it from there, in hopes of taking youngster Travis Cool... to school (gosh, that was a terrible unintended pun). The two shared the stage for a nice D (46/100) promo before wrestling a D- (37/100) match that went to Keith Adams after Cool tapped out to the Arrested Development.

large.GeenaPrincess.jpgvslarge.Griffin.jpg

Geena the Warrior Princess versus Griffin sounded way more promising in comparison. After an intense D (42/100) intro angle, they hit it off for a nice D (45/100) bout. The action was good but crowds haven't taken Griffin in yet, so the heat wasn't there. Still, Geena came out on top after an Amazon Plunge and it felt like everything was right in the world.

large.588505b4d6c38_RedDragon.jpgvslarge.58ca3a1f71b3b_HarleyNeill.jpg

Red Dragon from Wales versus the Juicer from London's East End, this was an all-UK match for those who keep an eye out to other promotions as well, mainly Men of Steel Combat where both men have worked in the past. They did tap into all that potential during their D (44/100) segment, then carried out a poor match of flyer versus brawler. D- (40/100) for that and a victory for Red Dragon, not much to say besides that.

large.58ca360d7f335_BritishSamurai.jpgvslarge.58a019e464276_RichardBlood.jpg

Moving on to the big names, British Samurai is no master of the microphone, so I skipped the talking and had him wrestle Richard Blood without the fancy part. Nothing went wrong here, but it was nothing special either, a decent D (47/100) match that had Midcard written all over it.

large.JoeyBeauchamp-2.jpgvslarge.58ca3627b320a_GoldenDelicious.jpg

Joey Beauchamp is known for his talking skills, so it wasn't hard for him to be ultra sleazy with Golden Delicious and carry her through a D+ (50/100) angle. Again, she may have skill and potential, but Golden Delicious still needs to establish herself with the fans before they care for her matches. Working with Joey may have done just that though, she had a chance to show what she can do against top talent and despite losing clean after a Breeze Block, she certainly came out of the D+ (53/100) match looking strong.

large.58ca367ea7550_ChristopherLister_alt1.jpglarge.5885064ac845f_AlabasterLivingstone_alt.jpgvslarge.58ca35d0585e8_JimmiAddams.jpglarge.58ca35e1ce609_KalvinAddams.jpg

While all four men have the entertainment skills to do a nice angle, I didn't exactly know how to script this hot mess so I let them work it out between them beforehand. D- (40/100) was the result and I won't complain. The match that followed did steal the show though, C (62/100) match of the night thanks to the amazing performances of T.J.K. and Frye who of course won as well.

large.58ca36456a5ce_MaratKhoklov.jpgvslarge.58ca3cadb2e49_InkyTheSquid.jpg

Marat's victim for this month was Inky the Squid Boy. Size difference was there, Inky's flying and comedy skills kept the bout watchable and he certainly taught Marat a thing or two as he's the better wrestler. D+ (50/100) and another victory for the gigantic Russian.

large.588c549203879_GoldenScorpion.jpgvslarge.58ca35cf29d11_JeriBehr.jpg

Semi main event was Golden Scorpion versus Jeri Behr in what promised to be a match packed with action and impressive flying spots. Scorpion helped Jeri through a  D (44/100) segment, then worked with her through a  D+ (51/100) match all the way until his shady win, assisted by a handful of tights. Had to make Jeri Behr look strong despite the loss and tainting Scorpion's win did just that, serving to display that he had a hard time beating her.

large.58886a1858892_HakonKristiansen.jpgvslarge.58ca365ecb834_StigSvensson.jpg

As mentioned previously, Petter Eriksson was thrust into the main event. His opponent was NGW's top babyface and the man who'll beat Cornell for the title as soon as possible, Stig Svensson. In Cornell's absence, I had them go all out for the best match possible, which exhausted Petter by the end. Still, it came out a C (62/100) and Stig picked up momentum thanks to his big win. Gotta make it look believable when he finally becomes the next champion.

Despite Cornell's absence, the show came out a C- (58/100) and 4 workers were tested afterwards, adding an extra $6.000 of expenses ($2.ooo fixed plus $1.000 per worker tested) but still leaving us with a $5.355 profit. Now, to see what next month in Germany brings.

4 people like this

On 2017-03-15 at 6:03 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

Tires. Inspired by @Rurik Harrgath, change the ancient tires of my dreadful car before I die in a fiery car crash explosion

I always knew I lived on this earth to one day be a cautionary tale for others!

5 people like this

15 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

As a result of our recent growth, I finally reached out to Wael Hossam and offered him a steady job with NGW. His performances have been impressive so far and I'd like to have him with us when doing shows in Central Europe as well. While many fans have been praying for this to happen months now,

I kept thinking Wael was kind of getting ripped off having to lose all them time to crappy opponents. So glad you signed him!

15 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Geena came out on top after an Amazon Plunge and it felt like everything was right in the world.

Oh yeah!

2 people like this

Day 1: Monday, 3 April

• Nutrition: Low on cash and waiting for my payday on the 10th so there won't be much batch cooking till then.
  • Coffee: Had a coffee at work, so fail and no money saved.
  • Workouts: Had to skip class.
  • Life Goals
  1. Continue Bullet Journalling. I did. It's awesome
  2. Spend at least one hour every day working on my thesis and nothing else. Somehow I found time during a low swing at work to spend over an hour reading court decisions. Success!
  3. Purge. I should mention I donated some clothes to the animal rescue Easter bazaar on Sunday
  4. Plumber. Also on hold until payday
  5. Tires. No progress

Savings: 2 Euro for BuJo-ing and and Thesis Progress

11 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I always knew I lived on this earth to one day be a cautionary tale for others!

Your barbarian crossfiting has been an inspiration to many already.

7 hours ago, Xena said:

I kept thinking Wael was kind of getting ripped off having to lose all them time to crappy opponents. So glad you signed him!

He's proven himself but I couldn't afford him at the time. Now that the company's grown and I'm doing shows elsewhere, he's officially on board

6 people like this

February 2005: The end of guilt

large.58ca3b3f8f3c0_LukeCool.jpglarge.58ca34309c70c_EddieChandler.jpg

Like many others before him, Travis Cool made the decision of moving closer to his workplace. Eddie Chandler almost did the same, choosing Spain instead. I'm guessing he wants to be close to the other side of the pond in case he ever gets booked across the ocean.

large.CVFP_WhiteMale_092.jpg

Robert Howard got signed by BHOTWG for their next tour of Japan. This might create a slight problem with bookings, as he'll not only miss shows himself, but will indirectly keep his tag partner Adam Matravers away from the action. We'll see how that plays out.

large.58ca3a1f71b3b_HarleyNeill.jpg

After the initial signing spree, the tide has reversed and it's time to slowly thin the herd once more. First victim was the Juicer, as he was deemed too expensive for what he's bringing to the table and what he's managed to achieve so far. Left to look for a job at some hardcore promotion where he'll fit in much better, he was released amicably and sent off with best wishes for his future career.

large.CVFP_WhiteMale_009.jpg

I may have lost the bet with Frank De Pain, but I too managed to put on muscle instead of fat during my bulking cycle. Now classfied as a Lightweight, I will hopefully look more menacing, be more powerful inside the ring and taken more seriously as a competitor.

large.58ca36469cf36_MarihitoMasuko.jpglarge.58ca360d7f335_BritishSamurai.jpglarge.JoeyBeauchamp-2.jpg

Marihito Masuko and British Samurai were the backstage heroes of this month. The former organized (and won) a pre-show videogame tournament, while Samurai created a fun atmosphere by pulling a hilarious rib on Joey Beauchamp. Fortunately, Joey saw the humor in it and joined the laughter with the rest of the locker room.

large.58ca35cf29d11_JeriBehr.jpgvslarge.CVFP_WhiteMale_015.jpg

Our first ever show in Central Europe took place in the city of Bremen, Germany. 266 people showed up, a decent start compared to the numbers NGW's first ever shows did. The pre-show began with Jeri Behr defeating Giovanni Bruno thanks to her impressively athletic Standing Moonsault finisher. The match was an E- (18/100) and lacked a certain flow, making it feel lacking in the middle, but at least it was in the pre-show and both rookies were consistent enough to get through it.

large.58ca34309c70c_EddieChandler.jpgvslarge.58ca363557466_KaluOwusu.jpg

Kalu Owusu was pulled from obscurity after his backstage confrontation with Marat Khoklov that had left him in a terrible morale tailspin. Feeling like he should start building his name in Central Europe, I gave him a spot (and loss) in the pre-show against Eddie Chandler, who also used the opportunity to switch to a slightly cockier gimmick. E (26/100) here, Kalu got a paycheck after a while and Eddie seems to have found himself under his new gimmick.

large.58bc503735f13_MaximumDestruction.jpglarge.58bc50353c722_MaximumCarnage.jpgvslarge.58a018de48814_FrankVanHeer.jpglarge.58bc509b02e81_HenrickVanBon.jpg

Also making an appearance after some time in the shadows, the Elimination Agents hit their Total Elimination tag finisher to pin Ruud Van Anger for a pre-show victory over Double Dutch. Frank De Pain seemed to be slightly off his game, or at least hid it well enough, as opposed to a terrible Genocide Agent, resulting in an E (25/100) match. Despite Frank's bad night, Tommy Cornell vouched for him and suggested I should push him in my future booking.

large.586a28e8e845f_LeoHarisson.jpgvslarge.58ca3c9724f0d_PeteyBarnes.jpg

Final match of the pre-show, Leo Harrison defeated Petey Barnes with a PRIDE Driver in the best worked match of the pre-show, a D- (37/100).

large.58ca3627b320a_GoldenDelicious.jpgvslarge.58bd2f2650c8f_WaelHossam.jpg

Golden Delicious opened the show with an E (27/100) speech, before being interrupted by a debuting Wael Hossam. The man did his best inside the ring, but the overall in-ring action was sub par at best, a D- (36/100) match to start the show with a victory for Golden Delicious after a Melbourne Surprise.

large.58ca3a638b60c_HerschelTheHammer.jpgvslarge.58ca3cadb2e49_InkyTheSquid.jpg

Local man Herschel the Hammer received a hero's welcome during his C- (54/100) entrance. I gave the fans what they wanted to see, Inky pulled off a few flashy aerial attacks and then fell victim to a dominating Herschel in under ten minutes and an E+ (33/100) match.

large.CVFP_AsianMale_086.jpgvslarge.58a019e464276_RichardBlood.jpg

German fans don't really know Akio Koruba yet, as opposed to Richard Blood who's been around longer, so their segment got an E (28/100) only, but seeing them in action was better despite the crowd's relative indifference. It'll take some time to build a fanbase here too, for now the two fought an E+ (31/100) match and in the end Blood rolled up Koruba for the quick win.

large.58a018acc38b3_AdamMatravers.jpglarge.CVFP_WhiteMale_092.jpgvslarge.58ca35d0585e8_JimmiAddams.jpglarge.58ca35e1ce609_KalvinAddams.jpg

Lucky for me, Robert Howard was available on the date of the show, so he and Adam Matravers challenged the Evil Henchmen to a fight in an E- (23/100) segment. As if the cold crowd wasn't enough, Henchy #1 seemed to be off his game and the two Henchmen's wrestling skills seemed to have vanished, resulting in a lukewarm E+ (30/100) match that went to the babyfaces.

large.JoeyBeauchamp-2.jpgvslarge.KeithAdams-1.jpg

The night's Storytelling match introduced German fans to the classic tale of brash youngster Joey Beauchamp against policeman Keith Adams. I think the two were a little stressed by the crowd's silence, so despite Joey winning clean with a Breeze Block, things only got to a D- (39/100) level.

large.58ca360d7f335_BritishSamurai.jpgvslarge.588505b4d6c38_RedDragon.jpg

British Samurai versus Red Dragon finally seemed to do the trick. The two put up a decent D (47/100) match that ticked all the boxes, all the way to the submission finish with a Samurai Secret Stretch.

large.58ca36456a5ce_MaratKhoklov.jpgvslarge.58ca36469cf36_MarihitoMasuko.jpg

As popular as the hometown hero Herschel the Hammer is, there's no denying Marat Khoklov's dominance. The Russian behemoth destroyed the flamboyant Marihito Masuko in a D (46/100) match, dominant all the way to the Russian Legend Powerbomb that sealed the youngster's fate. However, once the two returned backstage, Marat declared his admiration of the Japanese high flyer, suggesting I should consider pushing him in the immediate future.

large.588c549203879_GoldenScorpion.jpgvslarge.CVFP_WhiteMale_009.jpg

Me and Golden Scorpion shared a segment. While I'm satisfied at it being a D (44/100), his performance was good while mine was severely underwhelming. At least our match finally got the crowd going, a nice athletic bout that made it to a D+ (51/100) before I got counted out.

large.58a01a52c79dd_ViperMcKenna.jpglarge.58886a1858892_HakonKristiansen.jpgvslarge.58ca367ea7550_ChristopherLister_alt1.jpglarge.5885064ac845f_AlabasterLivingstone_alt.jpg

If not for the main event, the fight over the NGW Tag Team titles would have been hands down the match of the night. Champions and challengers produced an entertaining D (43/100) angle, then fought it out in a dramatic C (60/100) bout that claimed TJK as a casualty. The man sustained a Grade II Hamstring Contusion and will be out for 26 days, which fortunately is less than the time left to our next show. Not that he'll mind much though, because when the bell rang, Toby Juan Kanobi and Nelson Frye were the new NGW Tag Team champions.

large.58ca365ecb834_StigSvensson.jpgvslarge.58ca3c83cc05e_TommyCornell.jpg

Capitalizing on momentum from their predecessors, Stig Svensson and Tommy Cornell cut an amazing C (63/100) promo where Stig not only kept up with Cornell, but managed to come across so well he marginally looked better than him. At last the crowd was on fire and the two men had a great C+ (67/100) match that ended with a bang when Stig hit his finisher to finally beat Cornell and become the new NextGen champion. Just as I planned last month, when Cornell no-showed our event. Choice and consequence.

5 of our workers were tested after the show, costing us $7.000 and leaving us with a $17.327 loss overall. I think we'll need to include less talent in future Central European shows, at least until we've become popular enough over there to attract a sufficient number of fans. Money aside, my plan of making an impactful first show in Germany was deemed a success as the result was a C (62/100). Great matches aside, the show included a change of both titles after long reigns, so I'm assuming it'll catch fans' attention as they look to see what happens next.

5 people like this

4 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Just as I planned last month, when Cornell no-showed our event. Choice and consequence.

That'll learn him.

2 people like this

Inky.  Inkyyyyyyy.  You can do better.  We believe in you.

2 people like this

What I'm really looking forward to is Markat Khoklov taking the championship, then really playing up his heel character, then some face taking him down and serving some sweet, sweet justice.

3 people like this

Day 2: Tuesday, 4 April

• Nutrition: Low on cash and waiting for my payday on the 10th so there won't be much batch cooking till then.
  • Coffee: Had a coffee at work again, so fail and no money saved.
  • Workouts: Had to skip class.
  • Life Goals
  1. Continue Bullet Journalling. I did.
  2. Spend at least one hour every day working on my thesis and nothing else. Stayed up late and got two solid hours of work. Read the rest of the material I had gathered, now I have references and directions what to look up next.
  3. Purge. Visited a second hand shop but apparently they don't buy from civilians. Also sorted out a few more CDs, I'm slowly re-listening to them while driving to figure out which ones I'll keep
  4. Plumber. Also on hold until payday
  5. Tires. No progress

Savings: 2 Euro for BuJo-ing and and Thesis Progress

Finally put up the tracking spreadsheet for this challenge, edited the original post to add the link.

17 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That'll learn him.

Not really aiming to teach Cornell, his time around is limited before he jumps to a bigger company. However, I can't have the champion missing shows because he's working elsewhere, so I played it safe and put the title on a more solid, devoted worker.

16 hours ago, shaar said:

Inky.  Inkyyyyyyy.  You can do better.  We believe in you.

Inky effectively shot his own foot when he got in trouble with the law. Not hiring people who've had problems with the law is a solid owner goal since day one, my hands are tied.

8 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

What I'm really looking forward to is Markat Khoklov taking the championship, then really playing up his heel character, then some face taking him down and serving some sweet, sweet justice.

You and @EricMN, apparently.

3 people like this

March 2005: Stig of the Scorpion

large.JoeyBeauchamp-2.jpglarge.58886a1858892_HakonKristiansen.jpg

Strong finances and popularity growth do, with mathematical precision, lead to increased pay demands from workers. This month I had to deal with both Joey Beauchamp and Petter Eriksson, both of which I was able to talk down to more sensible requests. Joey jumped from $547 to $737 per appearance (instead of the $800 he initially asked for) while Petter went from $527 to $717 (as opposed to the $780 he requested).

large.58ca3627b320a_GoldenDelicious.jpg

Golden Delicious signed up with newly founded FFLL in Mexico, which of course showed up days after Great White North Championship Wrestling in Canada went bankrupt. I checked show dates and there's no clash, which is all I care about. FFLL is too small yet, so no worries about them stealing Golden Delicious. Given their family friendly style too, risk of injury is low. Can't take advantage of her popularity over there, but at least she'll pick up some experience.

large.58ca3b3f8f3c0_LukeCool.jpg

Apparenty Travis Cool caught someone's attention and he was invited to a wrestling talk show. Among other things, he mentioned he enjoys wrestling people who are smaller than him, as he believes it fits his style. Something to keep in mind, though admittedly Cool is not one of the largest guys around anyway.

large.58ca3cadb2e49_InkyTheSquid.jpglarge.58ca3c9724f0d_PeteyBarnes.jpglarge.58ca3411bb23d_BeastBantom.jpglarge.58ca35e1ce609_KalvinAddams.jpg

Work migration continues, with Inky the Squid Boy, Petey Barnes, Beast Bantom and Evil Henchman #2 all moving to South East Europe. Henchy #2 especially must have been super busy packing and unpacking, because he forgot to shake hands upon entering the locker room this month, which landed him on wrestlers' court and earned him the usual sentence of buying drinks for everyone after the show.

Last but not least, Tommy Cornell's loan ended and he returned to the company. While away though, he did mention NGW during an interview, once again boasting about singlehandedly carrying the company on his back. The man's literally building his own case against him and while he's too good to fire before he leaves on his own accord, I know neither me nor anyone else in the locker room will really be sad to see him go.

large.Griffin.jpgvslarge.58ca363557466_KaluOwusu.jpg

Back home for this month's show, some 2.800 people bought tickets and those who came early for the pre-show had to sit through a terrible E+ (34/100) match between Griffin and Kalu Owusu, which ended in the veteran forcing the youngster to tap out to his Figure Four Leglock. Never knew Griffin's finisher, but for a technician this is as oldschool as it gets. Despite his loss, Kalu was impressive enough to make Marat Khoklov say the boy's going to be a star.

large.58ca3cadb2e49_InkyTheSquid.jpgvslarge.CVFP_AsianMale_086.jpg

Desperately in need of a victory, Inky the Squid Boy got it in a pre-show match against Akio Koruba after his trademark Black Mist that allowed him to lock in the Tentacle Wrap. I figured fighting Inky would give Koruba valuable experience and it was a pleasant surprise to see this match get a D+ (48/100).

large.GeenaPrincess.jpgvslarge.58ca35cf29d11_JeriBehr.jpg

Geena the Warrior Princess in the pre-show, how far we've come. Truth is, I'd ran out of time booking the main show but didn't want to keep Geena completely out of it. Her newbie opponent was the reason I chose this match to be moved to the pre-show, as well as in order to give Geena a chance to shake off the ring rust. Despite the lack of crowd reaction since the arena was stil filling up, Geena and Jeri had a decent D (44/100) match that went to the Warrior Princess thanks to some extra help from a handful of tights.

large.586a28e8e845f_LeoHarisson.jpgvslarge.588505b4d6c38_RedDragon.jpg

Show kicked off with two veterans warming up the crowd. Leo Harrison and Red Dragon had a solid D- (40/100) match before Leo grabbed the tights to hang on for the pin and earn a much needed victory. In hindsight, since I want to keep Leo on the bottom half of the card, maybe it would be better to have him beat jobbers in the pre-show whenever he's booked to win, instead of defeating regular members of the roster in the main show. Something to think about.

large.58ca360d7f335_BritishSamurai.jpgvslarge.58ca3627b320a_GoldenDelicious.jpg

As good as he is backstage and in the ring, British Samuai is dreadful on the mic so I had Golden Delicious fly solo for the promo, which was a nice D- (40/100). Her ice cool opponent then came out and wasn't shy to use underhanded tactics in order to secure a victory after a nicely worked D (46/100) match.

large.JoeyBeauchamp-2.jpgvslarge.58ca34309c70c_EddieChandler.jpg

Here's where things start to get interesting. Eddie Chandler had enough charisma and skill to roll with Joey "The Breeze" Beauchamp's lines, the two cranking out a D (44/100) segment before the fisticuffs began. I already knew both are good inside the ring, but what I didn't know before is that they have excellent chemistry fighting each other, which brought the match up to a C- (54/100) before Joey followed a familiar pattern for the night, winning thanks to a handful of trunks.

large.CVFP_WhiteMale_009.jpgvslarge.58ca3b3f8f3c0_LukeCool.jpg

I took up center stage next to introduce the brand new NGW Young Lion title. Inspired by the Japanese term for young, nameless generic rookies who'll lose to established talent for years before they're allowed to introduce some character and maybe pick up a win, this title is my way of emphasizing that NGW is a company promoting hopeful youngsters. It's also another toy to keep things interesting in the midcard now that the company has grown in size. I get to give more people opportunities and experiment with how young hopefuls carry themselves as champions while the audience is occupied with believing this is an indication of a future champion, which on some occasions might be true. Either way, the only rule that applies for the NGW Young Lion title is that competitors must be under 30 years of age. Travis Cool came out and demanded a shot at the title. I pointed out we're both under 30 and the stage was set after a D- (39/100) promo. Fifteen minutes of decent D- (41/100) high flying action later, I hit the Silversault to pin Cool and become the first ever NGW Young Lion champion. Playing it safe until I decide the next champ and while the decision made me feel a little selfish, I reminded myself that in the more than 7 years that NGW's been around, I've never won the NextGen or Tag Team title.

large.58ca36456a5ce_MaratKhoklov.jpgvslarge.58ca3c9724f0d_PeteyBarnes.jpg

Like a lamb to the slaughter, Petey Barnes walked into his match with Marat Khoklov as the crowd chanted "Marat's gonna kill you". Happy to deliver, Marat Khoklov took some high flying hits that didn't seem to even move him from his position, then simply caught Petey mid-air and began slamming him around for about ten minutes before he pulled off the Russian Legend Powerbomb to finish a D- (41/100) bout.

large.58ca367ea7550_ChristopherLister_alt1.jpglarge.5885064ac845f_AlabasterLivingstone_alt.jpg

vs

large.58a018de48814_FrankVanHeer.jpglarge.58bc509b02e81_HenrickVanBon.jpg

vs

large.58a01a52c79dd_ViperMcKenna.jpglarge.58886a1858892_HakonKristiansen.jpg

vs

large.58ca35d0585e8_JimmiAddams.jpglarge.58ca35e1ce609_KalvinAddams.jpg

I know Nelson Frye can deliver one hell of a match, but after teaming with equally talended Toby Juan Kanobi and showing excellent chemistry, I put the NGW Tag Team titles on them and for this month, I elevated their match to nearly semi-main event status. Their main opponents were former champions Fitness Fury, but I also threw Double Dutch and the Evil Henchmen into the mix so I'd keep things fresh and let them pick up some valuable experience in the ring. It came out a C- (55/100) and of course this team wouldn't lose the title in their first defense. I'm left thinking about Double Dutch though. With TJK&Frye as champions, something that looks like it'll last for a very long time, babyface teams will have a limited role. Double Dutch have teaming experience on their side, but as other teams get on the same level, chemistry will be a more decisive factor and unlike Matravers&Howard, Double Dutch don't have that magic spark. Not to mention that Frank De Pain is way more talented than his partner, which is holding him back.

large.58ca3c83cc05e_TommyCornell.jpgvslarge.KeithAdams-1.jpg

Left behind after his title loss, Tommy Cornell tried to pick up some steam and did so after defeating Keith Adams. The two fought it out in a good C (60/100) match that could only reasonably end via submission. Guilt Trip versus Arrested Development, the two reversed each other's holds and slid through moves with ease, chain wrestling using great transitions. As expected though, it was "Rough Justice" Tommy Cornell that came out victorious in the end.

large.58ca365ecb834_StigSvensson.jpgvslarge.588c549203879_GoldenScorpion.jpg

Newly crowned NextGen champion Stig Svensson had his work cut out for him, a tough first defense against "The Gold and Black Attack". I know both men are insanely talented and popular, but I admit I had my doubts whether they'd be able to outshine a Cornell match. As if hellbent to prove me wrong, they got the crowd going wild and wrestled a superb C+ (70/100) match all the way to the finish, when Stig kicked out of a Scorpion Stinger and mustered all his remaining strength to hit his own finisher and retain the belt.

Thanks to an amazing duo of final matches, the show was classified as a C (64/100) and after paying the expenses for having 2 workers tested, I was left with a $14.333 profit. That's nearly ten thousand more than the previous show we did in the area and it's largely because I was able to put on a show without using the entire roster. Since we're not televised yet, repetitive booking only matters if the same matchup has been overdone in the same area, meaning I can repeat bookings if I alternate between Central and South East Europe. The roster is already large enough, I'm keeping main eventers front and center while alternating the rest between shows. Depending on how it all works out, I'll evaluate the results and make any necessary adjustments at the start of the next year.

3 people like this

5 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:
14 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You and @EricMN, apparently.

All of this. Plus some sweet Giant on Giant brawler action.

large.58ca36456a5ce_MaratKhoklov.jpg.c13 VS large.58ca3411bb23d_BeastBantom.jpg.80c0

For example...

Build a compelling angle and you'll mark me like a 30-something housewife at a Back Street Boys concert.

3 people like this

2 minutes ago, EricMN said:

large.58ca36456a5ce_MaratKhoklov.jpg.c13 VS large.58ca3411bb23d_BeastBantom.jpg.80c0

For example...

Build a compelling angle and you'll mark me like a 30-something housewife at a Back Street Boys concert.

Clash of the Titans!

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, EricMN said:

For example...

10 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Clash of the Titans!

It's all about whether Beast Bantom will climb the food chain fast enough before Marat Khoklov jumps to a bigger company (or retires). Having a bloated roster full of talented people doesn't help his chances, but I won't spoil what happens next. I already introduced the Young Lion title and Beast Bantom is barely 18 or 19 years old at that time...

3 people like this