• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Lightning

Lightning's quest to be BatGirl

Goal 1-- Librarian

Had my second interview for the library job. I've now met with 4 people and spent a total of 3 hours interviewing for a part-time job. Had to take a computer test and alpha-numeric test too. Now I have to hope my references say good things about me.

I'm getting better at transcription work too. I did two more audio files and I'm learning some short cuts. I think I'll continue to work on this even if I do get the library job.

Goal 2-- Crime Fighter

Combines some bodyweight exercises with kettlebells for a solid workout. Can't remember exactly what I did for reps and can't find my exercise log.  Was something like this...

3 sets of each:

20# clean 5 reps

static lunges 10 reps

15# TGU

push ups 8 reps

44# single leg deadlifts 6 reps

30# figure 8s

Goal 3-- Purple Leotard

All good here with tracking, sugar, and grains. I did sneak a bite of my son's breaded chicken nugget but I'm not being that strict.

Bonus Goal--Superfriends

I added 4 exercises to the assassin mini. King pose, Knee push ups, knee planks,and another one I can't remember. :) 

• Like 5

Geeez, I'm struggling to keep up with NF. Starting to think a battle log would have been better but, challenges feel more motivating.  I'll skip the individual day updates and sum up the week...

Goal 1-- Librarian

Had a great 2nd interview for one of the library positions. Also found out that my neighborhood library is looking for some part-time help so I applied there too. My library just needs basic circulation help so it's low-level stuff (which means low pay) but, I'm trying to get my foot in the door.  I'll take anything to get going.

Completed some transcription files this week. I am SO slow. If the library thing doesn't pan out I'll spend the money for a food pedal. It lets you rewind, stop, and fast forward audio while keeping your hands free to type. 

Goal 2-- Crime Fighter

I completed 3 strength workouts and a couple of evening walks. I'm enjoying messing around with different kettlebell and bodyweight exercises. I know following a set of regular exercises would be better but, I just want to keep moving. 

Goal 3-- Purple Leotard

As usual, food is where I falter.  I'm doing OK but not great.  Going to make an effort to have a perfect week of tracking. Shark Week always make the sugar demon worse. I should do better with that this week too.

Bonus Goal--Superfriends

Did 4 days of Assassin mini.  I found a new exercise I like called the z-jump. It's kind of like running through tires on an obstacle course. I'm going to do these as a fun warm-up.

• Like 3

Double posting so I don't have one HUGE post...

This week I'm going to focus on self-care.  I have a blocked ear canal that is making it very hard to hear out of my right side. I need to ramp up the liquids and spend some time in a hot shower. I also have a coupon for a hot stone massage so I'm going to schedule that before the coupon runs out. I'm also going to spend 30 minutes each day either napping or meditating. I can feel the anxiety building in me as I think about going back to work. I'm going to be pro-active and shake off the nerves because it becomes a real problem.

I'll make sure I stop in to see everybody this week.  Please know that I'm following!

• Like 3

Sounds like you've had one heck of a busy week/weekend! Grats on the second interview, and 100% agree a foot pedal would help. I had to do just a short 17-minute transcription for work and the stop start keyboard mouse click type aaaaaaaaaaaah part was so annoying. Self-care is a great goal, especially when applying for jobs. Hope your ear gets better soon, and good catch on stopping the nerves/anxiety before it can build. You've got this! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lightning said:

Double posting so I don't have one HUGE post...

This week I'm going to focus on self-care.  I have a blocked ear canal that is making it very hard to hear out of my right side. I need to ramp up the liquids and spend some time in a hot shower. I also have a coupon for a hot stone massage so I'm going to schedule that before the coupon runs out. I'm also going to spend 30 minutes each day either napping or meditating. I can feel the anxiety building in me as I think about going back to work. I'm going to be pro-active and shake off the nerves because it becomes a real problem.

I'll make sure I stop in to see everybody this week.  Please know that I'm following!

Yay self-care!!  Good for you seeing the impending anxiety and taking steps to defuse it now.  Job searching is exhausting.  

Also, I feel you with the struggle to keep up with NF.  It is difficult for me to find the time to make my OWN posts, much less to keep up with everybody else.  I'm glad to be able to watch everybody's progress as they go and cheer them on as I'm able, but I wish I had a bit more time to squeeze in more support posts.  Anyway, just to say I hear you on that one. :)

• Like 2

On 4/3/2017 at 5:16 AM, Lightning said:

I have a blocked ear canal that is making it very hard to hear out of my right side. I need to ramp up the liquids and spend some time in a hot shower.

Lemme know how this goes. Both of my ears (but especially the left) get blocked or are full of ear wax quite frequently. But I drink a lot of water and that hasn't really changed anything. hm.....

• Like 1

On 03/04/2017 at 8:12 AM, Lightning said:

Goal 1-- Librarian

Had a great 2nd interview for one of the library positions. Also found out that my neighborhood library is looking for some part-time help so I applied there too. My library just needs basic circulation help so it's low-level stuff (which means low pay) but, I'm trying to get my foot in the door.  I'll take anything to get going.

Completed some transcription files this week. I am SO slow. If the library thing doesn't pan out I'll spend the money for a food pedal. It lets you rewind, stop, and fast forward audio while keeping your hands free to type.

Good luck with the library positions! I don't know if it's the same where you live, but it can be worth going for the low-pay jobs both for the relevant experience and more importantly for the access to "inside" jobs, ie. jobs that are only available to employees initially. And if it's close to home you will have low commuting time and costs, which is always a plus!

I know it is a typo, but I can't get the image of a "food pedal" out of my mind. Very Pavlovian. I want one.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2017 at 6:22 PM, traaki said:

Also, I feel you with the struggle to keep up with NF.  It is difficult for me to find the time to make my OWN posts, much less to keep up with everybody else.

I also really struggle to keep up with NF - being part of the FB group, the academy, here... I love reading about other people's progress and feeling able to support people but there's only so much time.

Also, I definitely switch up my workouts - just keeping a list of 15 moves and trying to get through the 15 throughout a fortnight - making sure I cover each body part every fortnight but leaving some flexibility really helps keep me from feeling stuck!

• Like 3

Goal 1-- Librarian

GOT THE JOB. :adoration: I'm crazy excited.

@juliebarkley I did exactly what you mentioned. I went for a position lower than what I am qualified for in the hopes that I was a great candidate but not too over qualified.  

Goal 2-- Crime Fighter

Thought I was going to tank on this but I got in 3 strength and some walking last week.

Goal 3-- Purple Leotard

Meh. Not tracking but doing okay with sugar and grains. Had both at a birthday party but my "normal" food days are pretty solid. 

Bonus Goal--Superfriends

Think I did 1 set of exercises for the mini. 

Not keeping up with NF at all. Pretty sure I'm going to move to a battle log soon. Whenever I do get on the computer I look for transcription work and don't make it to the forum. I was getting pretty good at transcription and would like to continue doing a couple files a week. Not sure how to do it all!

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Lightning said:

Goal 1-- Librarian

Goal 2-- Crime Fighter

Thought I was going to tank on this but I got in 3 strength and some walking last week.

Goal 3-- Purple Leotard

Meh. Not tracking but doing okay with sugar and grains. Had both at a birthday party but my "normal" food days are pretty solid. 

Bonus Goal--Superfriends

Think I did 1 set of exercises for the mini. 

Not keeping up with NF at all. Pretty sure I'm going to move to a battle log soon. Whenever I do get on the computer I look for transcription work and don't make it to the forum. I was getting pretty good at transcription and would like to continue doing a couple files a week. Not sure how to do it all!

First - W00 on the job.

Second you just said you did 3 strength and some walking, and a set of exercises for the mini - how is that NOT keeping up with NF at all? That's a ton of NF stuff! May not be all you want to achieve, but it's not nothing!! 

• Like 3

That's fantastic! You rock!

Not to worry about not updating you thread much. You were still doing the stuff; that is the more important part. But I hope you keep up the 4-week challenges for selfish reasons. I don't follow the battle logs at all but do try to follow the challenges, and I'd like to be able to keep rooting for you.

• Like 2

On 2017/04/03 at 2:12 PM, Lightning said:

When I did transcription work I used a foot pedal machine and it really fastens things up!

23 hours ago, Lightning said:

Woot! Woot! So happy for you! Hope it will be amazing and you'll enjoy yourself tremendously!

23 hours ago, Lightning said:

Wow, on top of everything else that your doing, you still got to train? Wow! :loyal:

• Like 2

20 hours ago, juliebarkley said:

That's fantastic! You rock!

Not to worry about not updating you thread much. You were still doing the stuff; that is the more important part. But I hope you keep up the 4-week challenges for selfish reasons. I don't follow the battle logs at all but do try to follow the challenges, and I'd like to be able to keep rooting for you.

Both has been working for me. ;) Just saying... Details go in battle log. Gifs are in the challenge. Hehehe.

So, the loss of my cat Bear and starting my new job really Flooded my mental capacity. But, I have been a little lost without NF so I'm trying a MAJOR reboot.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Batgrl said:

So, the loss of my cat Bear and starting my new job really Flooded my mental capacity. But, I have been a little lost without NF so I'm trying a MAJOR reboot.

NOO! I'm so sorry. I'm glad your back, but I'm so sorry to hear about your cat.