Myrik trains with The Rascals

Myrik

Myrik comes to in a clearing surrounded by large evergreens.  He flexes his muscles to make sure everything is working right before slowly sitting up.  As he sits up his head begins to swim and he nearly falls unconscious again.   After what felt like a life time Myriks head stops spinning he is able to get a good look around him.  The clearing is only 50 yards across with nothing of note between the trees.  Myrik slowly climbs to his feet looking for any landmarks he can head towards to find out where the hell Ryujin sent him.  Myrik makes his way towards the tree's and climbs one of the taller ones to get a better vantage point.  From the top of the tree Myrik can see a city a few mile away.  Myrik spends the rest of the day journeying to the city, taking care to avoid the indigenous creatures and patrols.  Myrik arrived at the edge of forest just as the sun sets to see the city that is towering before him come to life as thousands of lights turn on all at once, not the flickering incandescent lights Myrik was use to but steady bright lights of every color under the rainbow. As Myrik makes his way down the eerily disserted sidewalk into the heart of the city his eyes are assaulted by hundreds of neon lights.   In the Distance Myrik sees a large building with a large illuminated sign  

Horizon.png?attachauth=ANoY7cp15ENItD30J

Before Myrik can reach the building he is yanked into an alley by a brutish man with pointy ears and 3 inch yellowed tusks that protrude over his upper lip.  "Give me all money Breeder before I geek ya" The man growls in Myrik's face.  Before Myrik can react a sound like that of thunder reverberates through the air and the brutes body slumps against Myrik.  A man materializes from the shadows further down the alley.  "Hoi chummer you wanna get bagged?  Let's get inside before more Grunge show up."

Okay that's enough story time now for my goals for the month

Goal I

Exercises  

1. Be able to do 5 Pull ups in a row.  I have been stuck at training level of 3 pull ups and Max of 4.  I would like to get past the 4 mark and start getting better.
    • I will have to do research on ways to improve this
  2. Maintain the 150 minute of intense activity

Goal II

Assassin skills

1. Build my throwing knife target
  2. Learn to throw from 5, 10, and 15 feet with accuracy.
    1. Watch Youtube and practice as often as I can

Goal II

Clean up redux

1. Cleanout my closet
  2. Clean Garage
  3. Clean Spare room
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, Myrik said:

Assassin skills

1. Build my throwing knife target
  2. Learn to throw from 5, 10, and 15 feet with accuracy.

Following for this badassery.

• Like 1

Current Challenge: TBD

Past Challenges: Road to Redemption  Spartan! 006 Triwizard Wonder (1/2) Bourne Foundations Storyteller

"Come stay a while and listen" - Deckard

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf 

6 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Good story though. Looking forward to more of it. Nice goals, deceptively simple. Following to see you beat the crap out of them.

Thanks, I'm having fun writing so this is a good outlet for it also because I get to share with awesome people.   Figured keeping it simple this month would be good with the fact that I am on Night shift for half the challenge and getting the Garage and Spare room squared away while may seem like I easy task can be quite daunting. 

Also I edited the original story to make it flow better, and keep something's mysterious.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Myrik said:

Figured keeping it simple this month would be good with the fact that I am on Night shift for half the challenge

Ew, yeah, good call. Good luck with the garage and spare room cleaning - is that something you will have to do quietly to avoid waking other people up now? 

Manarelle the Level 55 Amazon Assassin

Gryffindarling and Sith Acolyte, somehow.

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

15 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Ew, yeah, good call. Good luck with the garage and spare room cleaning - is that something you will have to do quietly to avoid waking other people up now? 

Well i get up at 3 or 4 in the afternoon on my off days so i have a good 3 hours to work on the garage and spare room before the kiddos go to bed.

• Like 2

So today I turned 34.  Went to church with the Fam came how did some adulting (mowed the backyard), had lunch and did a workout (see below).  Didn't get any work on the Garage or spare room this week.  I did draw out my plans for my throwing knife target, so that will get built this week hopefully.

Workout 

Standard warmup (Squats x10, Pushups x10, Lungs x10, Jumping Jack x30, and Arm circles front and back)

Mini Challenge work: 

Renegade Pistol Squats, Can't go as deep as the guy on the video can but could get 2 done.

Reverse Warrior, This one hurt so good, especially when i did my left arm up.

Revolved Half moon, this one i felt in my legs and a little in my obliques.

Rotational Pushup, did 4 of these and they felt good might add them to my normal rotation of pushups

Reverse Lung, these didn't look like they would be hard but i was wrong, my body is use to forward lunges doing them reverse made my legs work  i did 4 of them.

Normal Workout stuff

Pull ups 2/2

Hanging leg raises 5/5

Uneven pushups 10/10

Pistol Squats 4/4

Dead hang 30 seconds

• Like 2

bec5d3b50a25f136aa19064b2971e9dd.jpg

I was also surprised at the difference between a forward and reverse lunge. You wouldn't think it would make a difference, and yet... Good luck with building the knife throwing target! That sounds like so much fun. 

• Like 2

Happy belated birthday! 

Is the throwing Knife target like a bullseye or a human figure? 

• Like 1

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

7 hours ago, Jonesy said:

Happy belated birthday! 

Is the throwing Knife target like a bullseye or a human figure? 

Its going to be a bullseye style so I can learn to throw the knives and have them stick consecutively.

• Like 2

Did a few of the workouts from each of the past few days i missed.  These night shifts are killing me, at least this weekend is my last set of nights until the end of April.

Wrist Curl Chin Ups  - 4

warrior I 5 seconds each side

Warrior II 5 seconds each side

Wide push up 10

one legged back lever 5 seconds

one arm push up 2 each arm

Hanging leg raises - 5

Half Boat 5 seconds

Hollow body hold 10 seconds

Alligator pushups - 10

Army Crawl 10 feet

Arm circles 15 each way

assisted pistol squats 5 each side

• Like 1
On 3/31/2017 at 8:08 AM, Manarelle said:

Hey, everything ok? You're being uncharacteristically quiet. Hope it's for good-busy reasons. 

YEah everything is good, just been really busy with life.  Works been weird the last few days spending time with family and such.  I'll try and get a recap post for the last few weeks up soon.

• Like 1

Alright update time I'll start in reverse starting with Yesterday:

Sunday 2 April: Started out great got up went to church, got a message from someone interested in buying my old video card.  Met with the person sold the card and on the way home my car threw a belt.  The one that goes to my alternator, So I drove to Sears to get it looked at and fixed, luckily it was the less expensive thing.  Only needed the belt replaced and a new battery.  The other option would have been much more expensive because I would have needed a new alternator.  But yesterday ended on a better note, I got a refund check from my mortgage company for my Escrow so that helped cover the car repair.

Saturday 1 April:  This day was pretty good went to see Ghost in the Shell it was enjoyable but not great.  Wife had a Mom's night out so I had to get both girls to bed, my Little Bunny fought bed time for a good 1 and a half wanting her mom.  The rest of the night was good though.

Friday 31 March: Grocery shopping and 13th age game night. Nothing much happened that day

Wednesday and Thursday work 1330 to 2130 Weird stuff happened very odd work days

Tuesday: Can' remember what I did this day other than Community Group on Tuesday night.

Monday:  Monday was FUN /s.  I got off work Monday morning at 530 am came home and tried to sleep.  slept for about 4 hours and woke up after that and did some adulting in the form of lots of yard work.  Mowed my front yard sprayed it for weeds mowed part of my back yard until the batteries died charged them while I planted a rose bush and ran to Home depot to buy Rose bush feed and tree feed for my trees in the back yard, made a mistake and bought a feed with a systemic and used it on my fruit trees ( no eating fruit this year :( ).  Finished mowing the lawn and relaxed the rest of the day because I had to, right knee started hurting.

So that's my week in a nut shell.  I have been writing more of the story for Myrik and the rascal's might get it posted tonight.

• Like 1

Wow, busy week. Glad the car repair was the easier option, and that it was covered by the escrow check. Boo for no edible fruit this year. I'm not sure what a systemic is and why it makes the fruit bad to eat, though? I should probably look into that, although my cherry blossomed too early for pollinators to get to it, and there's something wrong with my apple tree, so it's not an urgent issue. ( :( ) Hope this week is going less oddly and a lot more smoothly for you!

So i forgot to mention that last week my oldest tripped and fell in the backyard in the grass.  She complained that her arm hurt but could move it and play like normal so we didn't think to much of it until the next night when she woke up cry because her elbow hurt.  So we took her into the Dr.  got an Xray but couldn't see much due to swelling so they put her in a splint until today when they did a second x-ray.  Turns out she has a tiny buckle fracture near her elbow so she will be going in for a cast on Wednesday.  The worst part is she will have it on for her Birthday later this month.  So her party has been canceled and we will be doing a family outing to Dave and Busters at her request.  Yesterday the Family and I went to The Houston Museum of Natural Science and saw the Mummies of the world exhibit and The Gladiators Exhibit.  My oldest loved the mummies but thought the Gladiators were boring.  So tonights workout was going through the last few days mini exercises and trying new things.  Tried the Goddess Pose and that isn't happening anytime soon.  The Gracie Drills and Grasshoppers are going to be added to my normal workouts.  Well that's it for now.   Hope you all have a great weekend.  

• Like 1

So I'm going to post this now since this weekend will be interesting but more on that later...

I haven't gotten around to making my knife target so that will be redone next month.

I will be cleaning out my closet today when I get home and will be cleaning up part of the garage. 

My workout goal is still on going, I will do a PR test for pull ups tomorrow.

So the reason my weekend is going to be interesting is my Bio-Dad and his wife are coming to visit.  I didn't have a relationship with him growing up and even after I was an adult didn't have one until my first daughter was born.  So this weekend has the potential to be trying on me.  But we shall see.

As for the story I will continue it next month.

• Like 1

I hit 5 and half pull ups twice today, once at 2am when i couldn't sleep and then again this afternoon, felt really good.

So my bio-dad and his wife got in today, it went well, they are staying at a local hotel so that gives them and me room.  Tomorrow we are taking the lil ones to do an agg hunt and then spending the afternoon at the Kemah boardwalk.

• Like 1
On 3/16/2017 at 4:27 AM, Myrik said:

Be able to do 5 Pull ups in a row.  I have been stuck at training level of 3 pull ups and Max of 4.  I would like to get past the 4 mark and start getting better.

On 4/14/2017 at 9:10 PM, Myrik said:

I hit 5 and half pull ups twice today, once at 2am when i couldn't sleep and then again this afternoon, felt really good.

10e4cce337a1eda1de54303c6f55a923110f3e84e5b908682d51d30674626d15.jpg

Impressive work! Glad to hear your biological dad got a hotel; it's probably good for both of you to have that space. Hope the weekend is going well, and grats on the pull-ups!

Thought i should also add in I wound up cleaning the garage.  it's not 100% yet but it is a 100 times better than it was.   So now the only real carry over to this month is building my target for my throwing knives and learning to use them reliably. 

• Like 1