Hello My Fellow Nerds!

Greetings!

I am into ALL THE THINGS!

For work, I am a scientist. The rest of my time is spent with leading stuff at my church, running, karate, music (I sing and play guitar), photography, writing, reading, and travel. I have interests in practically anything outdoorsy (from hiking and horseback riding to whitewater rafting and archery), but don't have a ton of extra time to pursue those things except on vacation. So far I've been to 11 countries and way too many states, and have studied several languages (though I wouldn't consider myself fluent in any except English). Oh, and if you bring up anything Harry Potter, Star Wars, Sailor Moon, or Chuck, I will love you forever. ;) My alter ego is Sarah Walker from Chuck.

Goals... my fitness goals are to continue advancing in rank in karate, and get faster in running. I am considering adding in strength training, so I would be a total noob in that area. I'm also considering a sprint tri, just to shake things up. And maybe parkour, because it looks awesome. Life goals... I am looking at the possibility of moving to another state this year, and moving to another country within a few more years. Life is too short to not go adventuring. :D 

Nice to meet you all!

• Like 3

Hey hey! What kind of science do you do? Man, you're doing all of the things I want to do! I'm currently trying to teach myself tagalog, play the guitar, and am saving up to go to Colorado!

I'm looking forward to seeing you on the forums

sent from my phone whilst exploring new dungeons

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

On 3/17/2017 at 5:41 AM, KQ 5 said:

For work, I am a scientist. The rest of my time is spent with leading stuff at my church, running, karate, music (I sing and play guitar), photography, writing, reading, and travel. I have interests in practically anything outdoorsy (from hiking and horseback riding to whitewater rafting and archery), but don't have a ton of extra time to pursue those things except on vacation. So far I've been to 11 countries and way too many states, and have studied several languages (though I wouldn't consider myself fluent in any except English). Oh, and if you bring up anything Harry Potter, Star Wars, Sailor Moon, or Chuck, I will love you forever. ;) My alter ego is Sarah Walker from Chuck.

Goals... my fitness goals are to continue advancing in rank in karate, and get faster in running. I am considering adding in strength training, so I would be a total noob in that area. I'm also considering a sprint tri, just to shake things up. And maybe parkour, because it looks awesome. Life goals... I am looking at the possibility of moving to another state this year, and moving to another country within a few more years. Life is too short to not go adventuring. :D 

Nice to meet you all!

Wow, you sound like you have been busy. I am sure you will have strength training figured out in no time, if you put the same level of focus into it that it seems you have put into the rest of your life.  Welcome

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

The only challenge is I'm not online every day... ;)

Mr.Six - I am a 1st dan (black belt). I still have quite a ways to go for my 2nd degree, but I'm working toward it!
Red1263 - Chemistry. I'm currently working in quality control/analytical, because that's where the jobs are. But probably my favorite is organic chem. I also have a degree in biology but have never used it out in the "real world". :)
Elastigirl - YASSSS! :D
Bean Sidhe - Thanks so much!

• Like 1
The only challenge is I'm not online every day... [emoji6]

Red1263 - Chemistry. I'm currently working in quality control/analytical, because that's where the jobs are. But probably my favorite is organic chem. I also have a degree in biology but have never used it out in the "real world". [emoji4]

You don't have to be online everyday. So long as you keep us updated whenever you can, we'll be here to support you.

I'm glad you got something with your bio degree. I also have one but I couldn't do anything with it. No counselor at my school prepared me for any alternative career paths. But I commend you on O.Chem, that was my worst science. I could never wrap my head around it. Physics is where I excel at [emoji14]

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

Greetings!

I am into ALL THE THINGS!

For work, I am a scientist. The rest of my time is spent with leading stuff at my church, running, karate, music (I sing and play guitar), photography, writing, reading, and travel. I have interests in practically anything outdoorsy (from hiking and horseback riding to whitewater rafting and archery), but don't have a ton of extra time to pursue those things except on vacation. So far I've been to 11 countries and way too many states, and have studied several languages (though I wouldn't consider myself fluent in any except English). Oh, and if you bring up anything Harry Potter, Star Wars, Sailor Moon, or Chuck, I will love you forever. [emoji6] My alter ego is Sarah Walker from Chuck.

Goals... my fitness goals are to continue advancing in rank in karate, and get faster in running. I am considering adding in strength training, so I would be a total noob in that area. I'm also considering a sprint tri, just to shake things up. And maybe parkour, because it looks awesome. Life goals... I am looking at the possibility of moving to another state this year, and moving to another country within a few more years. Life is too short to not go adventuring. [emoji3] 

Nice to meet you all!

Awesome! [emoji16]

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 4:50 PM, Red1263 said:

I'm glad you got something with your bio degree. I also have one but I couldn't do anything with it. No counselor at my school prepared me for any alternative career paths. But I commend you on O.Chem, that was my worst science. I could never wrap my head around it. Physics is where I excel at emoji14.png

Haha, and here physics was my worst subject in my majors! LOL

Thanks everyone else for the welcomes!

Haha, and here physics was my worst subject in my majors! LOL

Thanks everyone else for the welcomes!

Man, where were you when I needed some tutoring?

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler