Anathema Is Feeling Much Better, Thank You!

Anathema

It's been a tough last 6 months in Anathema-town. Lots of health issues, some wonky brain stuff, injuries, all the not-funs. And a few started and abandoned Challenges because the depression brain weasels were driving. Feeling much better now . . . foot injury on the mend, doctors figured out my meds, etc. Amazingly (I know, you never would have guessed!) combo of depression and injuries led to couch potatoing, drinking too much, eating too much. So the Blerch was winning. But the Blerch will be vanquished! Here's how:

Food goal 1: Modified paleo. My version lets me have a small amount of dairy (tea with milk is one of the cornerstones of my existence!) and legumes (hummus is my friend). Otherwise, stick with the paleo guidelines--no grains, no sugars, no processed food, etc.

Food goal 2: 750 calorie a day deficit. I have done this before--it's challenging but doable. Plan is to keep on top of my FitBit stats, log EVERYTHING I eat when I eat it, not try to remember at day's end, and be a little OCD about it. If I'm 100 calories over at day's end, take a slightly longer walk. That kind of thing.

Exercise goal 1: Run or other cardio 4 times a week. Walking doesn't count unless it's a massively long or difficult walk/hike, since I walk a ton anyway so it's really not an additional boost. Going out dancing does as long as I dance a lot rather than standing on the sidelines gossiping!

Exercise goal 2: Strength training at the gym 3 times a week. 

Life goal 1: Professional networking. I've slacked off on my industry networking stuff, and it's really good for me to do, especially in these uncertain financial times. Working on freelance gigs counts to this goal, as I have one that I've seriously let slide.

Life goal 2: Set a morning schedule and stick to it. I fare so much better when I have a routine. Here's a go at it, I'm sure it'll morph as the Challenge goes on, but it's a start:

GYM DAYS:

6 am: Get up

6-6:30: Drink tea, read the paper, etc.

6:30-7: Personal admin (balance bank account, pay bills, review personal email)

7-7:15: My 15 minutes a day of tidying

7:30-8: Get ready to leave

8-8:30: Help Joe w his admin stuff

8:30: To the gym

RUN DAYS:

6 am: Get up

6-6:30: Drink tea, read the paper, etc.

6:30-7: Personal admin (balance bank account, pay bills, review personal email)

7-7:15: My 15 minutes a day of tidying

7:30-8:15: Go for run

8:15-8:45: Shower, get dressed, etc.

9: Leave for work

INCENTIVE: $1 per goal each day deposited into a special "rewards" account. At the end of the Challenge, I could have over a hundred bucks to put towards my tattoo fund.

Level 9 * Eladrin Scout

Clan: Mek'het   *   Covenant: Invictus

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered.

An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered."

––G. K. Chesterton

On 3/17/2017 at 4:49 PM, Anathema said:

Going out dancing does as long as I dance a lot rather than standing on the sidelines gossiping!

You can dance if you want to.  We can leave your friends behind.  'Cause your friends don't dance, and if they don't dance... well, they're no friends of mine.

• Like 1

My Battle Log 

I'm on Strava for my running now.

Check out Kick! too.  You unlock gear with your progress on Strava.