[Cat Takeover] J3nn’s Steady Purrformance

J3NN

Here we go for round 2... I couldn't resist the cat takeover. I learned so much from my first attempt. I think my goals are much more manageable and measurable this time. I will of course continue to sing because it makes me happy, and I will be working on my mastermind group work but I couldn't figure out how to track it yet since it's so new so I'll save that for a future challenge.

What I've got going right meow:

6733-heathered_white-z1-t-kitten-my-swol

1. Kitten my swole on
    1. Two trainer led 1 hour workouts per week (8 pts)

2. Update Food diary daily (28 pts) (Only counts if calorie intake is less than 1800 calories)

Grading

A=  28+/36

B= 27/36

C= 18/36

D= 9/36
      1ced811067efa43ac53fc4060e9e690a.jpg

2. Purrfect Rhythm

1. One 1 hour workout per week with Fitness Marshall (4 pts)

2. One session per week practicing Austin Powers dance (4 pts)

Grading

A= 7+/8

B= 6/8

C= 4/8

D= 2/8

a9822652173c2ee0749bc54343388fa9_image-b
    3. Purrformance Review
      1. Post updates on progress three times a week (12 pts)

2. Create a tracker in my bullet journal to track my challenge, and my emotions and experiences so I can apply some deductive reasoning to figure out what’s working for me. Points for every day updated (28 pts)

Grading

A= 31+/40

B= 30/40

C=20/40

D= 10/40

Here's what I'll be tracking in my BuJo

1. Trainer led workout (2x)

2. Update Food diary (7x)

3. Fitness Marshall workout or 1 hr substitute(1x)

4. Austin Powers dance practice (1x)

5. Post updates on forum (3x)

6. Track in journal (7x)

7. Daily

1. In bed by 9:30

2. Mood :)) :) :| :( :((

3. Headache

4. Stomachache

5. Muscle Pain

6. Water

7. Work/Meeting balance

8. Hunger

9. Ate out

10. Read

So that's me this round, off to a purring start...

• Like 8

J3NN

Current Challenge || Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

I never asked by the way - how did last challenges dance off go?

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 1

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

I never asked by the way - how did last challenges dance off go?

Oh my, it was an utter fail, I couldn't get motivated to dance, I did one session and that was all. Going for four this time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

J3NN

Current Challenge || Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Yey!  Challenge Two buddies!

I think your goals sound great, and tracking your mood etc. in your bullet journal sounds like a great way to monitor how things are or are not working for you.  Awesome job! [emoji3]

I also think you need to buy the 'kitten my swole on' tshirt [emoji6]

Maybe I'll buy it as a reward if I do good on this challenge!

• Like 2

J3NN

1 hour ago, J3NN said:

Just a quick post to share my tracker. I'm as ready as I'm gonna be, let's meow this!4950019a53021ca448790f74b28f5f8c.jpg3f4c08ea2e085d1efceb182cb9f09dab.jpg

Off to a good start, let's see what I can learn this time. Wishing you all the meowy best.

Love your tracker... You've inspired me to work on one for my BuJo :)

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Backstory | Challenge 1 | Challenge 2 | Challenge 3 | Challenge 4 | Challenge 5

"We are what we believe we are." - CS Lewis

Oh my, it was an utter fail, I couldn't get motivated to dance, I did one session and that was all. Going for four this time.

Oh! :( sorry to hear That, but at least you are climbing towards that goal

• Like 1

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

4 hours ago, J3NN said:

Off to a good start, let's see what I can learn this time. Wishing you all the meowy best.

Love the tracker. And I wish you all the meowy best too!

• Like 1

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

Progress update: 

Now, what was I tracking again? :)

Trainer (2x week) - done this week, arms Tuesday, legs today... Ow. But so good.

Food diary (daily). - five days in, five days done. Each day under 1830 calories.

Fitness Marshall workout (1x week) - not yet, that's my third workout and will be Sat or Sun.

Austin Powers dance (1x week) - not yet, this weekend.

Progress (3x week) - this is check in number two, I'll do another by Saturday night - although the Sunday may be more meaningful.

BuJo Tracking to find trends (7x) - 5/5 so far.

The good this week, the workouts make me feel so much better, and hurt so...uhm good? I used to take this class but I'd been off the wagon for 8 months. I've been back for two weeks and it already feels like habit again. I just don't get the same connection out of a straight gym workout. The class has about a dozen people, is led by a trainer, and is body/5lb. weight circuits for thirty minutes, with some other things and stretches thrown in for another 30 minutes. I just love it, Even though it's all stuff I can do at home/alone, I just don't have it in me. Paying for the class (even though it ends up being free if I do all the work), having peers and most of all the trainer caring make it easy for me to go. I haven't figured out how to do all that for myself. The workout really helps clear my head, and I've needed that a lot this week. I prepped meals on the weekend to make it easy to come home and have dinner easy to fix, so that's good too. 

The bad this week is work. Not enough hours, too much unknown, too much multitasking, not even progress. I've been tracking the work/meeting balance - meaning how many hours of my work day are spent in meetings. So far it's been about 50% of time. With that balance, I should be still making some progress on the major projects, but I havne't moved the needle at all, little dumb things keep zapping my minutes until they're all gone and it's time to go (to they gym thankfully). Also, my laptop is having issues and I've been fighting that all week in some of those minutes.Gah, technology!

The ugly this week is that I had my first migraine in months... It was a mild one, thankfully, but something triggered it and I thought I was doing better, not worse, so that's disappointing. I've also had headaches every day since the migraine, and stomach aches as well, but not today, thankfully. 

So, that's where I'm at... Good, but not great.

• Like 4

J3NN

2 hours ago, J3NN said:

The good this week, the workouts make me feel so much better, and hurt so...uhm good? I used to take this class but I'd been off the wagon for 8 months. I've been back for two weeks and it already feels like habit again. I just don't get the same connection out of a straight gym workout. The class has about a dozen people, is led by a trainer, and is body/5lb. weight circuits for thirty minutes, with some other things and stretches thrown in for another 30 minutes. I just love it, Even though it's all stuff I can do at home/alone, I just don't have it in me. Paying for the class (even though it ends up being free if I do all the work), having peers and most of all the trainer caring make it easy for me to go. I haven't figured out how to do all that for myself. The workout really helps clear my head, and I've needed that a lot this week. I prepped meals on the weekend to make it easy to come home and have dinner easy to fix, so that's good too.

I'll freely admit that my only motivation for doing this at home is "otherwise I need to put clothes on".

But then I still use NerdFitness to keep me accountable. :)

The bad this week is work. Not enough hours, too much unknown, too much multitasking, not even progress. I've been tracking the work/meeting balance - meaning how many hours of my work day are spent in meetings. So far it's been about 50% of time. With that balance, I should be still making some progress on the major projects, but I havne't moved the needle at all, little dumb things keep zapping my minutes until they're all gone and it's time to go (to they gym thankfully). Also, my laptop is having issues and I've been fighting that all week in some of those minutes.Gah, technology!

The ugly this week is that I had my first migraine in months... It was a mild one, thankfully, but something triggered it and I thought I was doing better, not worse, so that's disappointing. I've also had headaches every day since the migraine, and stomach aches as well, but not today, thankfully. 

So, that's where I'm at... Good, but not great.

Sorry to hear you are having a tough time at work. :( You seem to be doing fantastically on your challenge though, so I hope that that helps balance things out!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, J3NN said:

The good this week, the workouts make me feel so much better, and hurt so...uhm good? I used to take this class but I'd been off the wagon for 8 months. I've been back for two weeks and it already feels like habit again. I just don't get the same connection out of a straight gym workout. The class has about a dozen people, is led by a trainer, and is body/5lb. weight circuits for thirty minutes, with some other things and stretches thrown in for another 30 minutes. I just love it, Even though it's all stuff I can do at home/alone, I just don't have it in me. Paying for the class (even though it ends up being free if I do all the work), having peers and most of all the trainer caring make it easy for me to go. I haven't figured out how to do all that for myself. The workout really helps clear my head, and I've needed that a lot this week.

There is nothing wrong with preferring to workout with other people and a trainer. Do what works and what makes you happy. :)

Of course, if you want to be able to work out at home too, I'd start figuring out what it is about going to the class that motivates you and makes you want to do it, and see if you can apply that at home.

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

More cats, woo! Your bujo page is awesome.

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 47

2021 challenges:  46 | 4748 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | |

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Spent the last 4-5 hours meal prepping. I'm exhausted and really doubting the Sanity of it all. But breakfast and lyndon for the week ate 90%prepped, tomorrow's dinner is cooked and thursday dinner is prepped. No excuses this week. And in theory I'll now have free time.

Everything else is going good, I'm hitting the mark on everything and with this, I have the progress updates on the week so now I can collapse.

Hope you're all doing well!

• Like 3

J3NN

Prepping is though at first. However, after having skipped two weeks of it I truly miss it.

• Like 1

@J3NN I'm also spending 4-5 hours meal prepping and that's for one person household :apthy: it's supposedly get better as you learn which to cook first/can be cooked together but at this point it's a labor intensive chore. Hang in there though! We'll get to youtube 2 hours/week meal prepping level someday!

Past Challenges: 1 ▸ 2 ▸ 3

21 hours ago, Kimnara said:

@J3NN I'm also spending 4-5 hours meal prepping and that's for one person household :apthy: it's supposedly get better as you learn which to cook first/can be cooked together but at this point it's a labor intensive chore. Hang in there though! We'll get to youtube 2 hours/week meal prepping level someday!

Hi there! This morning as I was still having to assemble everything to pack in my lunch, and slice my avocado and add lime and what not, it felt like I wasn't saving any time at all.

I was... sort of. Because instead of eating processed foods, I'm eating healthy options that I made, so it will be better for me long term. But it's surely not as convenient as a Belvita breakfast cookie or prepackaged salad from the grocery store. Sigh.

Thanks for the pep talk! Good luck with your adventure too!

• Like 2

J3NN

Hi everyone,

Check-in time!  Progress update (tracking to date, not the full challenge): 

Trainer (2x week) - 4/4 

Food diary (daily). - 13/13

Fitness Marshall workout (1x week) - Still not yet, but I have done two alternative workouts that my trainer lets me count, so I'm counting them.

Austin Powers dance (1x week) - not yet, I clearly suck at this 

Progress (3x week) - This makes 5/5, I still have 1 to do tomorrow to stay on track

BuJo Tracking to find trends (7x) -  13/13

The good - I'm doing good, consistently tracking and loving the simplicity of tracking in my BuJo so that's been a huge win for me. I've been having problems with my sciatic nerve, but last night my trainer had me spend half of the workout stretching it out. Today I woke up and the pain was gone. I hadn't realized how much it was wearing on me, it was such a relief to be able to walk around without pain. BONUS: Had my goal review meeting with my Mastermind Group today, it was AWESOME! Many days I still feel like a kid sitting at the grownup table, trying really hard to be mature and fit in, but all the while feeling completely out of my element and wishing it would end. Today, with my group, I felt like I was at the table that everyone else wishes they were at. We had mature, grownup conversations. We set goals. We shared dreams. We made plans. It was great. 

The bad - the sciatic pain was bad from Sunday until today, five days of walking around with a limp and favoring the leg, and it hurting even when I wasn't moving was just no fun. My workouts were hampered, but I worked through them, and I"m glad I was able to keep with it. The real bad this week was that last night during class the trainer announced that her companies contract was not renewed and that she's no longer able to teach us. :( Apparently they're hiring her in some way and she'll be back in a week, but that's a workout without her, and there's no guarantee that they'll work out a deal, though they seem like it's likely. She's the only reason I committed to getting back in the gym and after three weeks it's already becoming routine (in a good way) and something I look forward to. I can't lose her!

The ugly... This Austin Powers dance just isn't happening. Tomorrow is my birthday. My goal was to learn the dance before my birthday and do it as my birthday dance. SO much for that. I have some mental block against this. I'm not sure I want to unpack it. I think I need to let this one go.

I can't believe we're half way there this weekend, it feels like time is flying. I'm doing much better this time around. I think the BuJo is part of my success, and now that I'm exercising, it's giving me the energy I didn't have to keep up with the other stuff. My Food diary is going well, and I've lost  6 pounds in the three weeks we've been in class, so that is definitely something to celebrate too. giphy.gif

• Like 1

J3NN

A smaller check-in. Today, I finally did a Fitness Marshall workout. I had fun. Flailing is carido too, because let me tell you that what I was doing wasn't dancing but I sure worked up a sweat and the hour went by so fast. It was awesome rested a playlist on YouTube and I started with some stretches from my trainer, then did 7 or 8 Fitness Marshall dances and finished with a stretch cool down video I found that I actually really liked. It was just shy of an hour workout and now that I've done it I think I'll be more inclined to do it more often. 

In the meantime, it's my birthday so we're listening to the waves at Pacific Beach after dinner and a great sunset. Tomorrow he's doing a team time trial EARLY, and then we'll spend the day with friends and family at the beach I hope. Then back to work on Monday... C'est la vie

• Like 1

J3NN

4 hours ago, J3NN said:

A smaller check-in. Today, I finally did a Fitness Marshall workout. I had fun. Flailing is carido too, because let me tell you that what I was doing wasn't dancing but I sure worked up a sweat and the hour went by so fast. It was awesome rested a playlist on YouTube and I started with some stretches from my trainer, then did 7 or 8 Fitness Marshall dances and finished with a stretch cool down video I found that I actually really liked. It was just shy of an hour workout and now that I've done it I think I'll be more inclined to do it more often. 

Wait what? Is this Fitness Marshall thing a dance exercise routine? Tell me more, and did I understand it right you used Youtube? Link please in that case. :D