A Sherkasta goes Undercover

As some of you know, Snuggles was accepted into the Blue Water Academy for Higher Learning.(Grad School)to better support this goal, Snuggles will be going undercover to better understand how the school works and what she needs to succeed at becoming a world class Assassin. Because of this transition, this challenge will be a bit light as she will be working in the light of day instead of the shadows of night. She will need to transition how she sleeps, eats and gets to work.

Snuggles has made improvements to her physical therapy, but there is still a ways to go. Her fitness goal is to continue to develop her Physical Therapy into a daily habit. For this challenge she will aim for 4 days/ 1 full set, 3 days some PT.

• Trunk Rotation 10 times

• Bridge 10 times

• Spinal stretch, Hold for 15 seconds 3 times both sides

• Dog to Camel pose 10 time

• Quadriceps Stretch, Hold for 15 seconds 3 times both sides

• Shoulder Rolls, forward and backward, 10 count each

Week #1 of my challenge = .75(STR) & .75(DEX) bonus slice of cake or pie

Week #2 of my challenge = .75(STR) & .75(DEX) bonus slice of cake or pie

Week #3 of my challenge = .75(STR) & .75(DEX) bonus slice of cake or pie

Week #4 of my challenge = .75(STR) & .75(DEX) bonus slice of cake or pie

tumblr_o24verYn1K1szaybjo1_500.gif

Fruit Ninja Returns:

Pretty simple, eat 2 serving of Fruits daily. This will be tracked with a green star on her calender.

A.  = 24 days during the challenge = 2(CON)

B.  = 20 days during the challenge = 1.5(CON)

C.  = 16 days during the challenge = 1(CON)

D.  = 12 days during the challenge = .5 (CON)

fruit-ninja-fail-o.gif

Snuggles final challenge may be the hardest. For this challenge she must work on improving her mind. She has gotten a bit lazy and is spending far too much time watching shows and not reading. For this challenge she is going to decrease her TV time and increase her reading/audio book time. This goal will be move developed after accessing where she stands at the end of the first week.

Week 1 - Track how much TV I’m watching, what kind (show vs. movie)and when am I watching 1 (WIS)

Week 2 - Cutback TV time to no more than 2 TV shows or 1 movie a day. (Exceptions are allowed for movie night when I can watch 2 movies)

Week 3 -

Week 4 -

tenor.gif

Builder Goals-

• Continue to track healthy habits

• Take time to write 2 times a week

• Take 5 minutes, 3 times a week to meditate

• Walk 7 out of 10 times to/from work

• Follow healthy eating from past goals

• Practice lock picking 30 minutes weekly

Pass- Gain 1 (WIS)

Fail- Lose 1 (WIS)

• Like 2

Khajiit Assassin in Training

“Even the word Hopeless...isn't void of Hope."

Day 0 Prep: 

Snuggles has been prepping for the coming challenge. She went foraging for a variety of fruit to enjoy this week. A covert mission to Wolfram & Hart, LA Branch netted her the Source Books. With these she will be able to summon any book she wants and should help facilitate greater reading. Her final project is to get her living space cleaned and prepped for Physical Therapy and Meditation. This first week should be manageable with the prep work done so far. 

• Like 1

On 3/18/2017 at 9:21 AM, Love_Of_Snuggles said:

They don't start until late September. The wait may kill me, lol!

Dude, the waiting game suuuuuucks. Hang in there, though, you'll slay them when they start.

Yay for prep work done! Gonna be a productive challenge!

Manarelle the Level 56 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

Week 1 has started strong. I have acompleted both Fruit and full sets of physical therapy for both days. I need to get in and log my TV time though. I haven't decided if I will log the amount of time I read or how much I read. We shall see! 

• Like 1

Midweek Report: I've done great logging my TV time and only missed 1 serving of fruit this week. I have done some physical therapy every day, but only 2 days with a full set. As for builder goals, I had 1 meal that had less than a serving of meat and have been good about the veggies and water. I haven't done any meditation yet, but I have been pretty good at writing. I have also taken the bus twice this week, but I'm giving myself 1 extra ride as I am slowly taking my things home from work rather than trying to clear out my locker all at once.

The main thing I have noticed is that my TV watching tends to be less about watching TV and more about just zoning out. I think a simple transition from turning the TV on when I get home or get up to turning on a book on tape may yield great rewards. I have been doing some research and my library has a large selection of downloadable audio books available and I have already created a reading list.

My week 2 lifestyle goal will be cutting back my TV time to no more than 2 TV shows or  movie with the exception of movie night where my friend and I generally have a double feature.

• Like 1

Week 1 report: Snuggles was a bad, bad Puddy Tat this week. Not only did she fail to do 4 full sets of physical therapy, she didn't meditate, practice her lock picking, practice her healthy eating habits (except eating 2 servings of fruit) and worst of all, she only walked 3 times this week. Although she managed to keep up with her dishes, there is a pile of clean laundry on her meditation pad and misc. crap all over the floor making physical therapy easy to skip.  She managed to prep fruit for the week, but never prepped her lunches, making it easier to just order out. After reviewing her TV tracking, she is even more disheartened. With 40 hours spent in front of the TV, she is seeing a very unflattering view of herself.

Week II will be a bigger challenge than originally anticipated. She has tonight off so, even though she has plans with a friend to watch the 2nd Lord of the Rings movie, the rest of the evening will be dedicated to the following “To Do” list

·         Put away clean laundry

·         Pick up all misc. crap and put away.

·         Take out all trash

·         Prep 5 lunches and snacks for work

·         Clean desk off

·         Vacuum room

·         Clean and organize night stand

·         Other cleaning as I determine…

• Like 1

·         Put away clean laundry  Done

·         Pick up all misc. crap and put away.  Done

·         Take out all trash   Done

·         Prep 5 lunches and snacks for work  Snacks yes, but will be going to bed early so I can do lunches tonight before work. 

·         Clean desk off   Done

·         Vacuum room   Done

·         Clean and organize night stand  Cleaned and organized the top, but not inside.

·         Other cleaning as I determine... 

I also did 5 Minutes of Meditation and 1 full set of physical therapy. 

• Like 2

denEkCv.gif

ahh.  we all have a bad week now and then.  Looks like you are bouncing back!  Good luck with week 2.

my son got a lock picking set and is busy practicing.  He might make it to the next lock pickers meet up now that his confidence is growing.

• Like 2

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28

Hey You -- looks like you were able to get back on track pretty quickly. Love it. As you know  my last week was also pretty messy. I was gonna write you a letter (calligraphy style) last week, but obviously I'll be putting that back on the to-do list! Hey what about the car-body-hood story? You okay?

Keep up the good work, dear! Love ya!

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

Week 2 Update: Snuggles faced very rugged terrain this week and did not meet her goals. She did do some physical therapy every day, but will only manage 3 full sets. After getting caught in the bog of Dalencry (Funk) she spent far too much time watching TV. Foraging this week was also a struggle. Much of what she found was moldy or past good eating. This goal has taken a positive turn though. Although she only managed 1 serving of fruit a day last week, she found a new place to forage and now has a lovely selection of good fruit to eat.

Builder goals went better this week. She will manage 3 times meditating and walked 6 of the 7 required time to work. She spent some time practicing her lock picking and has been very diligent in logging her food. She has slipped a bit with healthy eating, but is confident that next week will improve.

Now that she has escaped the bog she will be taking several days to rest and prepare for her undercover mission. She will need to prep several meals and snacks, get all necessary paperwork in order for her mission, CLEAN HER ROOM, and spend as much time as possible out and about in the day light. She will also be going to the local stylist to fully prepare for her undercover mission. The rough look has worked, but now she must transform herself to fit her new role.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear the past week did not go easily, but congrats on sticking to the daily fruit and at least some pt! Here's to a much better week, and hopefully smoother terrain. May I ask what you're intending to do at the stylist? I've been debating a significant change, but I'm not sure that doing so in the middle of job hunting is the best plan. 

• Like 1

Reflections on week 3:

Last week was a lot more challenging that I thought it would be. My biggest struggle was just trying to sleep well. I finally managed to hit a good pattern Friday night and have done well over the weekend. I had terrible luck with fruit last week. I purchased 4 different items throughout the week and found each of them was bad when I got home. I did manage to get some good fruit yesterday so this week should go better. Additionally, my diet was less than ideal. Several days I did well, but several I ate way too much, ate bad food or skipped meals. I did some meal prep yesterday so I'm hoping for a better week this week. Finally my TV watching was a mixed bag. Some days I did very well, but several were very bad. I think this was mostly because I was sleeping so poorly and now that I have a good pattern, I can start planning other activities around work. 

My physical therapy suffered the most as I didn't do any the entire week. It is my desire that this change for the next week. There is a health and wellness room at work I want to reserve for daily physical therapy and I will be checking in daily to create some accountability. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

On 4/10/2017 at 9:42 AM, Love_Of_Snuggles said:

There is a health and wellness room at work I want to reserve for daily physical therapy and I will be checking in daily to create some accountability. Fingers crossed!

This is a brilliant plan, and I'm glad they have that at work! Sorry to hear last week wasn't a good one - sleep problems impact so much of life, and it seems like it's not easy figuring out what impacts sleep. Hope this week is going better? 

On 4/12/2017 at 7:22 AM, Manarelle said:

Hope this week is going better? 

Thank you Manarelle. Sleep finally evened out and I just got permission today to use one of the small conference rooms for my PT, which I did today. I've done better with my TV time, but will be putting it in my next challenge as well. I've halved my TV time, which I'm very proud of, but would like to try to incorporate more activities into my daily life. 

How was your challenge? 

• Like 1

Eh, it was a weird month. I learned a lot to more forward with, but I wouldn't say I was successful at any of my goals. 

Grats on halving your TV time, that is a hard habit to break! Glad to hear you're sleeping better, too, and get to do PT at work. Overall, how do you feel you did? 

• Like 1

On 4/15/2017 at 6:09 PM, Manarelle said:

Overall, how do you feel you did?

I didn't succeed at my first 2 goals, but I didn't fail at my last one. I gathered a lot of data and will use it to set up my next challenge. I also learned a lot and, now that I am settled in my new job/hours, I have a better handle on how to approach the next challenge. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Love_Of_Snuggles said:

I didn't succeed at my first 2 goals, but I didn't fail at my last one. I gathered a lot of data and will use it to set up my next challenge. I also learned a lot and, now that I am settled in my new job/hours, I have a better handle on how to approach the next challenge. 

Great attitude to have, and you've got a solid foundation to build on now. Looking forward to the next challenge!

• Like 1