• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Koaladle

Koaladle

That is a bummer. But now your house is fucking magnificent. I don't know if you are like me, but when my house is too messy I start to get anxious. When the house is clean I feel significantly calmer and more zen. 

Is that your dog, did your dog really poop on him? LOL Please tell me this is true. 

9 hours ago, MikeWazowski said:

*attempted to gif on phone and failed, affirming gif coming later*

4 hours ago, ixaera said:

wait.gif

2 hours ago, Koaladle said:

HOLDING YOU TO IT. O.O

NWFDC1q.gif

sam-waiting.gif

tumblr_mo80ujE24n1sv3cpqo1_500.gif 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Koaladle said:

Heimdall is unpredictable with other dogs, and just did not like my friend's malamute AT ALL. Despite our careful introductions, our buddy found everything about the other Very Good Boy offensive and we just couldn't get him to be calm and friendly. We finally decided that I would reserve a hotel room and the two of us would stay out there with her fluff and my husband would watch Heimdall. It definitely didn't work out according to plan and I am just so disappointed. Well, we're having a great time together and we have a great room with a killer view, but I was so looking forward to showing off my cooking skills (a skill learned as an adult) and drinking tea on the couch. Plus, I spent all yesterday working my ass off to have a welcoming home. Just kind of a bummer is all. 

It happens. I visited a friend of mine in Charlotte a couple of years(?) ago and she is the mom of a big ole rescue mix with no manners. He was probably about 3 when they rescued him, and he's got SOME training down but oh boy does he LOVE visitors. Forever. And ever. And ever. He's a big sweetie but I was New Visitor for over 24 hours so I could barely move or talk because this big ole dog was trying so hard to have 100% of my attention (just a pat on the head was NOT enough, I had to hug him, literally hug him, constantly, to get peace lol)

Poor girl ended up boarding him so we could do anything at all inside the house. :( 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

That is a bummer. But now your house is fucking magnificent. I don't know if you are like me, but when my house is too messy I start to get anxious. When the house is clean I feel significantly calmer and more zen. 

Is that your dog, did your dog really poop on him? LOL Please tell me this is true. 

Yes, actually; a clean house makes me relax a ton and it DOES look magnificent. Now that we're in a smaller bedroom, I think I'm going to move the contents of my former Koala Cavern into the larger, eventual smol human habitat. I can figure out what to do with all that when we need to move everything around again, but we both like being in the smaller bedroom and since we don't use it as a hangout spot, it doesn't need to be large--might as well make kids share a room in a larger area.

Not my dog, just the best dog-shame I could find. My dog looks like this a lot of the time

No automatic alt text available.

....and like this when right before activating....

LASER EYES

19 hours ago, MikeWazowski said:

Gif was going to be this one:

giphy.gif

But @Koaladle actually posted it on my thread a couple hours ago, so instead my backup:

giphy.gif

About literally every idea you've ever had.

@ixaera and @Taddea Zhaan sorry to keep you waiting - haven't logged onto the laptop all day.

When they think like you:

63595202687254014661467392_giphy.gif

When your gif game is on point:

tumblr_nb8oixLlii1s9q9dro9_r1_250.gif

19 hours ago, ixaera said:

Poor girl ended up boarding him so we could do anything at all inside the house.

I can definitely imagine. Rescues can be so loyal and sweet, but when you adopt them a little older it can be a challenge to teach them manners. She did get to see my view of Heimdall this afternoon before she left: I followed the normal coming-home routine, and as usual within three minutes of walking in the door he was already napping. 

tired-dog.gif

SO AN UPDATE:

Due to a late night, I am basically made of exhaustion and will not be going to the gym today. I need to get my sleep back on schedule, so the goal will be to stay awake for the next three hours and get to bed early. The fun is done and it is time to get back to normal. Boring, well rested, normal. I will be coloring, hanging out with the buddy, and watching Netflix until blessed sunset when I can dive face first into the pillows of mine own bed. How I hope for ten hours of outstanding sleep! 

6358311554460030921982644899_tumblr_nvwl

• Like 6

Right... so I was waiting to process all of that weekend (which was not very fun) and it actually went so badly and we are so incompatible that it looks like this friendship is over for good.

Spoiler

I was trying to de-escalate this conflict while explaining what was out of line, but there are some people who choose to be defensive instead of apologize. If they can't stop to listen and understand, there is no saving the relationship. I checked with level-headed people, being careful to explain events using just the facts; still, the things that happened were way the hell out of line. She escalated to cussing and insults, so it was pretty clear that coming to an amiable resolution was not going to happen. Not sure how I feel about it--I'm sad for the person I knew, but relieved to be free of who she became. Just.... really disappointing. We were friends for almost 25 years, but this weekend really showed that those long conversations about trauma and my recovery were not going to be taken seriously. I have spent most of my weight-loss journey over the last couple years just wrangling my mental and emotional health and those victories are too dear to sacrifice for someone who is thoughtless to my boundaries.

bye-felicia.gif

This coincides with Shark Week; day one has been spent mostly in bed thanks to the ever-classic combination of dizziness and nausea. When I woke up this morning, the thought of drinking water made me gag and thus I am just in survival mode. Now that I have space for my barbell in the house I am a REALLY looking forward to lifting (no creepy old guys!!). The sooner this mess is over, the BETTER. Just having a hard week overall. 

giphy.gif

Not back in routine yet, though I did meet up with my gym buddy yesterday for a walk and happy hour. 

Felt like this <3

giphy.gif

Goal: get laundry and dishes done tomorrow, get as much decent sleep as I can tonight, try to move on. Hopefully I'll only have one day in bed this SW, because there is work to be done and too much free time is not what my brain needs right now. Time to LET GO!

1*viGNI5S681ySnVShlZQuCw.gif

• Like 4

<3

Letting go of a toxic friendship hurts but it's the best thing you can do. Sometimes it helps to remember the toxicity doesn't have to be about who they are, but about compatibility like you said. I had to do something similar about a year ago, and it's a bit like grief, but the relief was well worth it.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, ixaera said:

<3

Letting go of a toxic friendship hurts but it's the best thing you can do. Sometimes it helps to remember the toxicity doesn't have to be about who they are, but about compatibility like you said. I had to do something similar about a year ago, and it's a bit like grief, but the relief was well worth it.

The other main women in my life all told me that after talking to them about what happened, they had to yell out their frustrations. That was just a huge wake-up call; these are very laid back, tolerant people, so that they needed to vent those stories out makes me realize things were much worse than I was allowing myself to admit.

ANYWAY!

Cramps are totally under control today, which means gym date, chores, lifting, and getting back in routine. VERY EXCITED to get things back together. Will update tonight. :D

leslie-knope.jpg

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Koaladle said:

so that they needed to vent those stories out makes me realize things were much worse than I was allowing myself to admit.

I think that's a common mistake. I let a friendship that was hurting me go on probably at least two years longer than I should have, in part because I loved her and wanted things to be like they were before, in part because I have a hard time "being mean" even at detriment to myself. Sometimes I let it become so normal, and I would let the good moments outshine a lot (A LOT) of bad moments in a desperate effort to keep the relationship, but things are definitely better now than they were before, hopefully for both of us.

• Like 4

Spoiler
21 minutes ago, ixaera said:

I think that's a common mistake. I let a friendship that was hurting me go on probably at least two years longer than I should have, in part because I loved her and wanted things to be like they were before, in part because I have a hard time "being mean" even at detriment to myself. Sometimes I let it become so normal, and I would let the good moments outshine a lot (A LOT) of bad moments in a desperate effort to keep the relationship, but things are definitely better now than they were before, hopefully for both of us.

We were family growing up, so breaking up a friendship is like breaking up with my mom, aunts, and cousins BUT she crossed a lot of lines (not unreasonable, intuitive lines for the average person), tried to deny things happened, and then tried to make up excuses when she finally admitted something happened. It was shocking that my boundaries, to which even my husband complies, were violated. What was worse was that she tried to make me the bad guy about other stuff--which included being Sober Mom when she was making bad calls. Frankly, I don't want to be friends with someone who would rather I leave them to the wolves. I am just not comfortable taking that risk, considering what it's taken for me to come back from assault. I would rather be a buzzkill than an accomplice.

But even then, that's just deflecting from the real issues, where she was so far in the wrong my ladies were seething with rage.

I'm out, because friendship is an evolving relationship; you don't get to rest on good deeds from a decade previous.

I am going to shut the laptop and move my tattoo-shop-reality-binge into the kitchen. The dishes have gone absolutely bonkers and it's past noon. OFF TO WORK!

• Like 3

On 3/18/2017 at 2:08 PM, Koaladle said:

Got involved with my husband's active hobby (German longsword,

German Longsword! German Longsword!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Exhale. 

Three weeks of unusual chaos was enough of an interruption in my routine to throw me off. I've spent the last week focusing on a couple main health things to get myself functioning again: drinking water and getting enough sleep. For the first time in months, I've slept at least 7.5 hours of sleep 6 of of 7 days (had a sleepless night before Husband's tournament), and my hydration has gotten back on track. I had a food prep day today, put the kitchen back together, and ran a couple loads of laundry. I didn't have enough time to make it to the gym, but I was on my feet all day--I'll take that. 

Ugh, this challenge just isn't going as well as I'd hoped. I'm going to get focused back up in the morning and see what I can do about working on my old morning routine. 

43 minutes ago, Koaladle said:

Exhale. 

Three weeks of unusual chaos was enough of an interruption in my routine to throw me off. I've spent the last week focusing on a couple main health things to get myself functioning again: drinking water and getting enough sleep. For the first time in months, I've slept at least 7.5 hours of sleep 6 of of 7 days (had a sleepless night before Husband's tournament), and my hydration has gotten back on track. I had a food prep day today, put the kitchen back together, and ran a couple loads of laundry. I didn't have enough time to make it to the gym, but I was on my feet all day--I'll take that. 

Ugh, this challenge just isn't going as well as I'd hoped. I'm going to get focused back up in the morning and see what I can do about working on my old morning routine. 

Sometimes we need to just refocus. Start with sleep. Sleep is good. MMM... sleeeeep....

• Like 1

I finally ran that race...

Spoiler

and had a horrible time. Even ignoring that I found the organizers distasteful, the course was a there and back mess, on sand that was neither packed nor level most of the way (unless you ran in the surf, but at least packed sand was a promise made by the organizers), there were thousands of participants with a narrow amount of space to run, and people let their dogs poop and dig holes on the course while people were running. To make matters worse, there was no divider between the to and fro. To have a level surface with enough space to move faster than a walk, I had to dodge runners coming the opposite way. Horrible, awful experience. -.- It took an hour to run a 5k. GRUMP GRUMP GRUMP

tumblr_n8rh8ux64w1raq635o2_500.gif

and a great weight has been lifted. I'm going to take tomorrow off due to the holiday and the fact my calves are aching (stupid sand), but I'm going to get back on the wagon. Depression be damned, I want my routine back and I'm not going to let anything interrupt it until vacation in June--but even then, there's going to be a lot of walking involved. 

tenor.gif

Anyway, I'm going to look back at my goals from January and base my reboot on that. No focus on weight loss; just clean eating, tracking food, working out. If I focus on weight, I'll get wrapped up in it and no good comes of that. TIME TO TRY AGAIN!

• Like 4

Just now, Blocky said:

I knew nothing good comes from running!

I enjoy it AS LONG AS THERE ARE NO PEOPLE. I'll probably stick to my virtual races with Hogwarts Running Club. :) A little running with the lifting sounds like a good way to fight DOMS.

• Like 1

Wow, that sounds like a very mismanaged race, and not particularly safe either...

A little running with a good dose of strength training sounds like a good plan. I'll probably do something similar once I can jog again.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Koaladle said:

Anyway, I'm going to look back at my goals from January and base my reboot on that. No focus on weight loss; just clean eating, tracking food, working out. If I focus on weight, I'll get wrapped up in it and no good comes of that. TIME TO TRY AGAIN!

Sounds like good goals to me!

• Like 1