New Beginnings...I'm going on an Adventure!!!

Hadassah

I'm just starting this new adventure...a bit ill-prepared...but no time to start like the present, eh? So, here I am...jumping into  this challenge (head first). 

Here are my goals/quests.

1.(diet)  Drop down to 3 glasses of pop/soda per week.

Yes, I said "week" because I dropped it down to one a day...and it's slowly progressed in the worst way...I'm drinking at least 1-2 glasses a day. It used to be a lot worse...

2. (diet) Eat more veggies and fruit.

Kind of sound a little big...but I do try to eat at least 1 veggie with supper everynight. I'd like to increase my veggies and eat more, whether part of a meal or snack. Fruit, I need to grab for this when I'm really needing something sweet.....trying to break the chocolate/cookie/chips habit. Also would like to incorporate some fruit in my breakfast.

3. (fitness) Walk at least 10 minutes 3x per week. 

The weather is finally getting a little warmer and where we recently moved to is where I first grew up and walked around the whole town with my great grandmother. I'd like to pick this habit back up. ;) 

4.(life) Get sleep habits in check. Be in bed by 11 and up by 7.

I don't sleep well most nights (probably due to bad eating habits and in turn health issues). I've recently started taking melatonin to help me sleep...but still having some issues. Hopefully better eating habits, less pop, exercise, and trying to sleep better will help with the weight, health, and sleepless nights. 

• Like 3

Hi and good luck! Last challenge I tried adding more veggies as one of my goals ( eat veggies with at least two meals per day) and it worked mostly. It wasn't even that I didn't want them, because I like veggies, it was just that when I was out and about and didn't prepare ahead of time it was hard to get them. I hope yours goes well!

• Like 1

Hey! Those seem like some pretty smart and measurable goals to me. I'm glad to hear you aren't putting off this challenge because you didn't feel prepared. I bet some of the best adventures have been had by terribly unprepared people :adoration: You've got this Hadassah!

• Like 1

Rebel Death Knight

Level 3 : Progress [ = _ _ _ ]

Challenges: [4] Current / 3 / 2 / 1

Almost the end of the first week...goals are going well!!! Beginning of the week through the middle, I'm not sure if it was change in diet or the change in medications, but I had absolutely no energy. I feel really good today!!! My sleep patterns have been straightening out a bit, definitely making better choices and having more fruits and veggies. The walking...I think I did it all in one day when I had gone shopping the other day plus visiting a dear friend in the hospital. It was quite a ways from the parking lot just to the hospital let alone navigating to find the room. Pop is dwindling. I had my 3rd one for the week, today. I'm not terribly strict, gung-ho paleo, but I've made a lot of changes that are doable. More meat, veggies, and fruit. I make a conscious effort and decision to reach for those for snacks. I also have kept some dairy in my diet. But definitely have cut out breads, cereals, rice, grains, and pastas. I've actually not really craved them which is surprising to me. One more day this week, then bring on week 2!

• Like 1

Round 1, Week 1 is in the books!!! Yay!!! I will have some days coming up that will be VERY challenging. My mom is coming to visit for my great grandmother's 105th birthday party! If it were any other party, I wouldn't but I have to share a piece of cake with my great grandma! It will not be a very big piece, but she's 105! Not very often in your lifetime do you get to celebrate such a milestone like that with someone. I know mom will want me to make her a couple different dishes that I know she loves. I will incorporate as much paleo as I can this week as well as start going to workout at our local community center. :) I've made out menu plans so hopefully that will help alot this week too! 

On 3/25/2017 at 11:40 PM, Hadassah said:

Round 1, Week 1 is in the books!!! Yay!!! I will have some days coming up that will be VERY challenging. My mom is coming to visit for my great grandmother's 105th birthday party! If it were any other party, I wouldn't but I have to share a piece of cake with my great grandma! It will not be a very big piece, but she's 105! Not very often in your lifetime do you get to celebrate such a milestone like that with someone. I know mom will want me to make her a couple different dishes that I know she loves. I will incorporate as much paleo as I can this week as well as start going to workout at our local community center. :) I've made out menu plans so hopefully that will help alot this week too! 

It sounds like you're making amazing progress! Say happy birthday to your grandmother for us (you know, those nerdy internet fitness people! actually, maybe don't that might creep her out). 105 is amazing! Hope she has a fantastic celebration :)

• Like 1

Rebel Death Knight

These past 2 weeks I fell down. I've picked myself up at times...but there's been a lot going on. I've had to put this new lifestyle on hold until this coming Monday. My great grandmother had a fantastic birthday celebration! She waves like the queen. lol She's so cute! but that week was crazy because my mom had come in and the day of my great grandmother's party, my grandpa was admitted to the hospital. My mom left for home on Tuesday and her flight was very delayed and she lost her luggage...she did get it back a few days after she got home. My grandpa had fought cancer for 13 years. They discharged him and sent him home with hospice that Thursday, and he passed away early Saturday morning. We were all out at his farm the day before he passed to spend what time we had with him and to be there for each other. This week we are having the visitation and the funeral and then this Sunday is our Easter Sunrise service with breakfast to follow....My mom and my dad are on their way back here (driving this time) and will be staying with me and my husband. So....yeah....I plan on getting back on track after we get through all this. I'm a pastor's wife (and definitely a geek! lol)..and if you are a christian or spiritual person and believe in the power of prayer, please pray for our family. We've laughed, we've cried, we've loved, and we just need a lot of prayers to help us get through this difficult time in our lives. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Hadassah said:

if you are a christian or spiritual person and believe in the power of prayer, please pray for our family. We've laughed, we've cried, we've loved, and we just need a lot of prayers to help us get through this difficult time in our lives. 

Absolutely, make sure you give yourself the space to mourn and to breathe through all of this. You will be in my prayers.

• Like 1

Rebel Death Knight