Assassin-e Street

Anim07734

og.jpg

Welcome to Assassin-e Street!

As part of our ongoing training to become better assassins, we'll be spending the next month here, learning about new exercises and revisiting some we already know.

To join the fun, just enter your name into the lesson planner and start trying out the exercises posted each day.  You can join at any time and a new lesson will be posted each day!

Log the number of exercises you attempt for each episode (not reps performed) to increase your score.  Any legitimate attempt counts.  Exercises don't have to be performed on the day they're posted (you can always catch the reruns!).

Basic Rules:

- This mini-challenge will run from 18March through 15April and is open to any who wish to participate.  Just add your name to the lesson planner.  You may sign up at any time.

- You're encouraged to try new things and reach outside your comfort zone, but please be aware of your own abilities.  Some exercises will be more advanced than others.

- Scores will show diminishing returns (EG the first exercise is worth more points than the second, which is worth more than the third, and so on).  Perform at least one exercise from each daily lesson to maximize your score.

- If you have any questions, please ask!

Normal Mini-Challenge Rules:

- Mini-challenges are not mandatory, feel free to ignore this one if you don't want to participate.  

- Don't let mini-challenges hinder your own goals.

- If you're not sure how to register something, post it here.

- Keep it simple!

- Don't hurt yourself!

• Like 15

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

Today's lesson is brought to you by the letter R!

Ernie_and_an_R.jpg

Perform as many exercises as you can from the Rr sheet and log them on the lesson planner!

• Like 6

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

Ooh new exercises to try! 

Well I did have "Make a man out of you" stuck in my head from your thread. Now I have the sesame street theme stuck in my head. Lol 

• Like 6

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

Fitocracy  GoodReads

HFC for Life!

Today's lesson is brought to you by the letter M!

hqdefault.jpg

Perform as many exercises as you can from the Mm sheet and log them on the lesson planner!

• Like 4

It's funny that this is this month's mini. I'm doing the Darebee Dailies as part of my personal challenge (still need to make my thread!!!!) to come up with new and interesting exercises.  Also I watched a thing on Sesame Street this morning.  Coincidence?  I think not!  (Yeah, probably for the first.)

• Like 4

Snickie | Level 25 Female Human

Assassin-ish | Level ??? | tall skinny female stick figure

STR med | AGI low | DEX high | CON med | WIS ??? | CHA ???

Current Challenge: Snickie Builds a Solids Foundation

Top right down arrow > Account Settings > Signature

YAYSSS! I love this theme! TRY ALL THE THINGS! (Except the stuff I KNOW I can't do, of course. Renegade pistol and russian dip I am looking at you! SOMEDAY!!!)

• Like 5

Assassin extraordinaire!!

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

Today's lesson is brought to you by the letter A!

hqdefault.jpg

Perform as many exercises as you can from the Aa sheet and log them on the lesson planner!

• Like 3

For Rr, I ran.  For Mm, I tried Muscle Ups, Melting Heart, Mariachi, Mountain Climbers, Mixed Grip Pull-ups, MDL, and Monkey.  I don't have monkey bars at the gym, so I couldn't do those.  Most the poses, I couldn't get close to them, but I tried real hard!  Mixed Grip Pull-ups could be a good build towards One-handed pull-ups.  The Muscle-Ups were the hardest to get a solid attempt.  I don't have the strength to get above the bar on my own.  The exercise is on my "To-Do" list, but I need to start with a weight-assist or lowered bar to build up my strength for the transition between Archer Pull-ups and Muscle Ups.

Looking forward to Aa!

• Like 3

World 5 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2020 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

Spoiler

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 5 Level 5 Stats: STR 144.0 | DEX 152.25 | STA 145.5 | CON 146.0 | WIS 149.0 | CHA 141.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

What a fun challenge! Just a couple questions about "legitimate attempts" - if we know an exercise is out of our league, are modifications acceptable (ex. Assisted renegade pistol squat) or should we just try and fail at the original exercise? 

"You can have what you want, or you can have something better"

Character Page                Current Challenge    

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

PACT challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

To set an example for my patients and my family.

To no longer feel inferior or held back because of my weight.

To gain more confidence and be proud of my appearance.

Starting Weight: 290 lbs

Main Quest: Reach my Ideal Body Weight of 190 lbs

Today's lesson is brought to you by the letter H!

sesamestreet_letterh_garden.png

Perform as many exercises as you can from the Hh sheet and log them on the lesson planner!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

What a fun challenge! Just a couple questions about "legitimate attempts" - if we know an exercise is out of our league, are modifications acceptable (ex. Assisted renegade pistol squat) or should we just try and fail at the original exercise? 

There are no modifications this time around.  We want you to try new things and expand your horizons.  You may surprise yourself. :playful:

What counts as a legitimate attempt is up to you, but you should be going outside your comfort zone to see how much you're truly capable of.  Just don't go so far outside your known abilities that you hurt yourself.

• Like 4

Phew, I worked through the list trying or doing almost all of them.  I couldn't remember the alligator push-up and it wouldn't load the video on my phone at the gym :-(.  Oh well, I can do them for no credit anyway!

Assisted Squats, Assisted Pullups, Archer Pullups, Arm and Leg Lift Plank, Arm and Leg Lift Side Plank, Around-the-World Pullups (assisted and will keep doing these), Arm Pressure Pose (hahaha, not even close, but I tried it), Arm circles, Aztec Pushups (these were tough and I only did a few, but I'll be adding these to my regular workouts to get better and stronger), Army Crawl, Assisted Pistol Squats, and Advanced Shrimp Squats.

Looks like I have some of Hh covered in my regular workouts, but that is a long list of head scratches.  I'll need to research.

• Like 2

World 5 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2020 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

Spoiler

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 5 Level 5 Stats: STR 144.0 | DEX 152.25 | STA 145.5 | CON 146.0 | WIS 149.0 | CHA 141.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

1 hour ago, Anim07734 said:

There are no modifications this time around.  We want you to try new things and expand your horizons.  You may surprise yourself. :playful:

My boss stepped away while I was waiting for a lengthy upload to complete, and I managed to get a few of the yoga poses I wasn't sure about before he came back. I'm so grateful that my other co-workers are used to me doing odd stretches/exercises. :) (That said, a few of those were instantly "nope, not going to try" reactions.) 

• Like 4

Manarelle the Level 54 Amazon Assassin

Gryffindarling and Sith Acolyte, somehow.

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

Today's lesson is brought to you by the letter W!

W_Lecture_-1.JPG

Perform as many exercises as you can from the Ww sheet and log them on the lesson planner!

• Like 1

Sorry I'm late for class! My mum forgot to wake me. I'm here now and will work on getting the homework I missed turned in ASAP. 

;)

• Like 4

2018 ~ Trophy Guide and Roadmap.

2016 Journey: June | July failed | August failed | October respawn/failed

2017 Adventure: January respawn | February | March | April/May | June | July | Horizon 2017 Dawn year recap
Quest: January respawn | February | May

What do we say to the god of procrastination? "Not today."

tumblr_n6x5y0cjz91s2wio8o1_500.gif

tumblr_n6x5y0cjz91s2wio8o2_500.gif

Cookie monster may not be ready but i am!!  

I looked over the letters of the day, book marked them actually because I have a personal goal this week to move every hour on the hour.  I love picking ideas from these lists to mix up what I had been doing which was just getting up and walking around and/or busting out some pushups.  I've already done seven!!  

FUN!!!!!!

• Like 4

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 27

current challenge

Today's lesson is brought to you by the letter O!

Z

Perform as many exercises as you can from the Oo sheet and log them on the lesson planner!

• Like 2

Today's lesson is brought to you by the letter C!

hqdefault.jpg

Perform as many exercises as you can from the Cc sheet and log them on the lesson planner!

• Like 1

Today's lesson is brought to you by the letter L!

2Q==

Perform as many exercises as you can from the Ll sheet and log them on the lesson planner!

Today's lesson is brought to you by the letter S!

hqdefault.jpg

Perform as many exercises as you can from the Ss sheet and log them on the lesson planner!

• Like 2