[CAT TAKEOVER] Coco P Loco kitteh's up

Coco P Loco

Today's the day that I finally stop lurking in the shadows, embrace the Rebellion, and join in my first ever quest.

So why not add cute kitties :)

58ce3ae41ed0e_PrincessLeiakitty.jpg.a85b73837417343cf0acbd8296fb1662.jpg

Quest: Lose weight & get strong
1. Eat right - Track calories and macros - Up protein intake and reduce carbs
2. Workout - Follow plan (3x Strength, 2x Cardio per week)
+ increased steps in daily walks

(current daily average = 4600 | Week 1 daily target = 5500 | Week 2 daily target = 6500 | Week 3 daily target = 7500 | Week 4 daily target = 8500)

58ce3ae1052fe_kittywithweights2.jpg.3b4105bf859cd084046d6db28fc42b2d.jpg

Quest: Ninja moves
3. Five mins daily handstand practice 

(planks, wall walks, hollow body, crow pose)

58ce3adfd5540_Handstandingkitten.jpg.eb3d2c59a838ba4075968e57b71c7915.jpg

Quest: Speak Hindi
4. Five mins daily Hindi practice on Memrise

58ce3ae2e08ec_Languagekitty.jpg.6f05aff93309db7610501c2d3c8741a3.jpg

Time to get cracking!

• Like 4

Current Challenge

Backstory | Challenge 1 | Challenge 2 | Challenge 3 | Challenge 4 | Challenge 5

"We are what we believe we are." - CS Lewis

5 hours ago, Skomenk said:

Good luck! Why not introduce yourself? :D

Thanks Skomenk :D

I intended to get my intro up yesterday, but life got in the way... Prioritised my quest and hit my goals though!! 

5 hours ago, Inazea said:

Ohh, a Leia kitten! Nice goals, I love studying languages. :) Good luck!

Thanks Inazea! I definitely need it with the Hindi... Been learning it on and off for 10 years now with little progress. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Day 1 progress:

1. Tracked my calories / macros - too low in protein and too high on carbs... The added challenge of being vegetarian 

2. Strength workout completed as scheduled 

3. 7970/5500 steps completed - smashed it! 

4. Namaste - 10 minutes of Hindi completed on Memrise 

• Like 4

Current Challenge

Congratulations on getting off to an amazing start on your first challenge!

• Like 1

"Destiny is important, see, but people go wrong when they think it controls them. It's the other way around." - Terry Pratchett

Lift: 1 of 24                                             Eat Right: 1 of 42                              Stay Sane: 1 of 42   

So my introduction is finally up for those interested in my backstory!

On 20/03/2017 at 4:56 PM, CJ the (soon-to-be) Mighty said:

Congratulations on getting off to an amazing start on your first challenge!

Thanks!

21 hours ago, Dagger said:

Great start!

conspiracy-cat-meme_133183078969.jpg

Lol - if only it were that easy :)

Day 2 progress:

1. Tracked my calories / macros - too low in protein and too high on carbs, but getting better

2. Cardio workout completed as scheduled 

3. 7232/5500 steps completed on a working day! Woo Hoo!

4. Namaste - 15 minutes of Hindi completed on Memrise on the way to the office

• Like 2

Current Challenge

40 years old - 24hrs.... A glass of wine in hand (first in 3 months) to take me through the 20 seconds of fear /pain.... And now I'm signed up for Rings & Handstands! An early birthday present to myself! 

Wooooooo hoooooo! 

Go me! 

:D

Update on days 3 to 6 coming soon, but in India it's gone midnight so I'm off to sleep now. Goodnight all...  zzzzzzz

• Like 3

Current Challenge

A hugely busy week at work, followed by a lazy day on Friday has kept me from posting my progress.

This week has been a challenge - my best friend was in town, and we have a habit of hitting up Starbucks when she's here. I need to make a shift from high sugar, high fat frappuccinos to their tea infusions (which I love) and low-fat versions of their coffee drinks. The only good thing is that this is only for a few days each month... We also go out to eat, but I'm getting better at seeking out healthy options.

Days 3 to 6:

1. Food tracked. Improving carb to protein ratio.
  2. Workouts & rest days completed as planned - Step count (Target 5500 per day this week) - 3: 9357, 4: 8701, 5: 10050, 6: 7665
  3. Daily Handstand practice progressing nicely. Some days my arms feel like jelly (that's English Jello), but the wall walks are progressing nicely, as are the hollow body rolls. During crow pose, I'm balanced more on my hands than my feet with only my big toes touching the floor for minimal support. On my rest day, I did wrist and hand stretching exercises.
  4. Memrise daily Hindi completed. नमस्ते! ग्यारह बजे पर, हिंदी सीखती हूँ |

Plenty of planning for next week is a must... I'm expecting disruption to my routine:

• My team are launching our new learning platform and content to the 4000+ advisors in our Customer Service centre - this is the culmination of 6 months of hard work
  • I'll have to travel to Pune for a few days for part of the launch
  • I'll be staying in a hotel with no access to my healthy home food and my exercise equipment
  • I think that the most impact will be on my step count... I'll have to make a conscious effort to walk
  • I'll have to search for healthy options in the cafeteria and say no to junk

• Like 3

Current Challenge

3 hours ago, Coco P Loco said:

Daily Handstand practice progressing nicely. Some days my arms feel like jelly (that's English Jello), but the wall walks are progressing nicely, as are the hollow body rolls. During crow pose, I'm balanced more on my hands than my feet with only my big toes touching the floor for minimal support. On my rest day, I did wrist and hand stretching exercises.

Nice. Very nice.

Handstands is certainly something I want to learn.

And it sounds like you have a plan for your disrupted coming week, and that will help with follow through!

• Like 1

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

Have you taken a look at the rings and handstands program yet? How do you like it?

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Day 7 (yesterday):

1. Food in order - it's my birthday weekend, and even though I'm splurging a little, still eating plenty of veggies and protein 

2. Cardio workout nearly killed me... Due to the excessive heat in Mumbai this weekend. Steps: 5696 

Might struggle with the new target of 6500 today coz I've been lazy again! 

3. Ninja moves practiced, and taken time to start going through the NF Rings and Handstands superpack... Will change up a few things in my Ninja practice next week

4. Hindi done and dusted

Made a tracker in my BuJo to keep a check of everything... Will try to upload a pic soon.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Day 8:

1. The last day of 'birthday splurge', back to clean eating tomorrow... Taking the birthday cake into work so I don't polish it off myself!

2. Workout done, Steps: 6799/6500

3. Ninja moves practised and adjusted things in my workout to incorporate some moves from Rings & Handstands

4. Hindi practise done!

Here's my quest page in my Bullet Journal with my trackers :)

Picture2.jpg.061c1d885e2aad032d9cd9d21d8a3799.jpg

• Like 2

Current Challenge

1 hour ago, Coco P Loco said:

Picture2.jpg.061c1d885e2aad032d9cd9d21d8a3799.jpg

Oh, that looks pretty and clean. I'm a sucker for simple and clean designs. (Apparently it might be a Swedish thing since Swedish design items often go by those principals. :P)

• Like 1

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

Day 9:

1. Food back on track - everyone in the office loved the cake that my SIL gave me. 

2. Cardio done. Steps didn't count properly :( 

I rely on my phone for step tracking, but for some reason it just didn't want to count yesterday... Maybe because of the heat (31°C at 9am today), I get it... I don't want to do anything either! 

However, I went for 2 rounds of the compound where I live, and so that's at least 4000 steps, and in the evening at work I went down and walked in the garden for 15 minutes too... So marking it as complete

3. Handstand practice modified and done. 

Now researching purchase of rings here in India... Amazon is my friend

4. Hindi practise done and I can now name random body parts. I particularly like kan (ear), and cummer (waist - I guess it's where the word cummerbund comes from!)

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Day 10:
Work was chaos, though our Mumbai launch went really well! There was a huge turnout - we were expecting far fewer to show up.

1. The day got off to a good start and I ate healthily, but after the launch I was completely exhausted.  I ended up with a Starbucks Frappuccino (Valencia Orange Cocoa flavour), and then on the way to Pune (4 hr journey by car, after a 9 hour shift in the office), I caved and ate McDonalds! I have to point out that during a night trip to Pune is the only time I ever eat such stuff! I had a Vegetarian Junior Maharaja Mac, and I don't regret it!
  2. Workout went wonderfully - Tuesday was a strength day. Walking happened - I clocked 6658 Steps. It will be more challenging in Pune, as I don't have my dog (Coco) that needs to be walked several times a day!
  3. Ninja-tastic!
  4. Hindi done :)
  • Like 2

Current Challenge

Day 11:
It's been a 'wading through treacle' day…
1. Eaten pretty well considering I'm away from home 
2. Did my workout in my hotel room, but did not walk enough… like at all… it's been 39°C / 102°F
3. Ninja moves - did wrist stretches and some hollow body practices, as I appear to have strained my shoulder slightly on the journey to Pune yesterday (heavy bags :( ). I'll have to take it a little easy on the ninja front for the next few days.

4. Hindi-ed up - kicking it in the नितंबों (nitambon = buttocks, my new word of the day!) 

• Like 1

Current Challenge

7 hours ago, Coco P Loco said:

it's been 39°C / 102°F

That is very hot. I totally get not walking much. Does it cool off at night?

On 30/03/2017 at 7:35 PM, Dagger said:

That is very hot. I totally get not walking much. Does it cool off at night?

Yes, it's somewhat cooler at night. Unfortunately, I only spent one evening in Pune and that was spent in a planning session at work followed by dinner with my team, so the walking suffered!

Day 12 - Thurs 30th Mar:
Woke up soooooo late! I never get a chance to sleep in at home, as Coco wakes me up. The last few days have really taken it out of me.
1. Yummy lunch - food in the Pune office is so much better than in Mumbai.

2. Rest day, so no workout. Slightly better than yesterday on the steps front, but way off target: 3196/6500

3. Ninja moves: wrist and hand stretches only - resting my shoulder

4. Hindi done

This was the final day of the 90-day fitness program I've been following... I've lost 10lbs, inches all over, and more importantly gained strength, started sleeping better, stopped drinking, and started to tidy up my diet.

Day 13 - Fri 31st Mar:
1. Chinese in the office for lunch... :|

2. First day of my new strength workout. I'll do this 3 times this week, then change it up for next week. Steps target met: 6583

3. Ninja moves - added Handstand mobility, balance and strength moves to my workout

4. Hindi done :)

The stress of the week has taken my eating somewhat off track. Meal prep this weekend is important, so I don't stray any further.

I rewarded myself for completing my last 90-day program successfully, by going shopping! Bought some new walking shoes (sandals really - but from the Skechers On-The-Go range), as I've been walking around in flip-flops on my daily walk until now. My feet will thank me :)

I will also, hopefully, purchase gymnastic rings this weekend!

• Like 2

Current Challenge

2 minutes ago, Coco P Loco said:

This was the final day of the 90-day fitness program I've been following... I've lost 10lbs, inches all over, and more importantly gained strength, started sleeping better, stopped drinking, and started to tidy up my diet.

Congratulations on a job well done! :D

• Like 1

Halfway!!!! :D

Day 14 - Sat 1st April

1. Back on track with the eating - still looking for ways to increase the protein in my diet, without upping the fats too much = lots of legumes, including roasted as a snack or for crunch in a salad, and puréed & added to my breakfast oats!!!
  2. Today was a rest day which I think I really need as I've been feeling really tired the last few days. I seem to be fighting off a little cold. Steps completed: 6888/6500. I've struggled with getting enough steps in this week… will have to make more of an effort next week. I think I'll have to block some time on my calendar each day to go out for a walk during office hours.
  3. Ninja practice complete
  4. Hindi completed
  • Like 2

Current Challenge

Day 15 - Sun 2nd April

1. Food on track
  2. Cardio + Core workout done, though I struggled my way through with a slight headache and jelly limbs. I think I was a little dehydrated, as I didn't drink water before heading out for my morning walk with Coco. Felt better after copious glasses of water (and a cup of coffee). Steps: 7941/7500
  3. Ninja moves - took it easy in the morning as I was feeling a little blah, 5 mins completed
  4. Hindi done

Overall, a good weekend!

• Like 2

Current Challenge