Yraen Gets Smarter

Yraen

Goal One

For those unaware I am a high school drop out. It made it difficult for me to find a job last challenge so I need to get my GED so I can get a better job. This goal is to study for at least one hour everyday, and to take the test towards the end of this challenge. 

Goal Two

This is the same as last challenge, to read my Bible and pray everyday. This challenge I'm adding not missing any church services barring emergencies. I made some good progress last challenge but I still have a long ways to go. I'm at a turning point in my life and I don't know what the Lord wants me to do. I need to read His word, speak to Him, and fellowship with His people so that I can draw closer to Him and hopefully figure out what He wants from me in life.

Goal Three/a

I've decided to start focusing on improving a couple of lifts at a time rather then try to get better at everything at once. This challenge I'm focusing on improving my squat and overhead press. I'll be weightlifting three times per week, doing full body workouts with at least two exercises each for my legs and shoulders and one exercise each for my back and chest with a focus on big compound movements. What else I do in my strength workouts will depend on the time and energy I have, but I want to try and do a lot of grip and neck work. 

Goal Three/b

Much as I hate it cardio is important for overall health so I need to do some of it. I'm going to do some sort of cardio three times per week. This can be running, jumping rope, or some sort of strongman gpp conditioning work. Doesn't really matter what so long as my heart is thumping and I'm breathing hard. 

Goal Four

Diet goal. Eat less then 100 grams of carbs per day. Pretty simple. I'm also going to try to cut grains down to once a week at the most. This will be hard.

Those are my goals this time around. I'll take my measurements and all tomorrow.

• Like 2

Following along again, I like your goals, they are straightforward and achievable. You got this.

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Great S.M.A.R.T. goals. Looking forward to the challenge

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

On March 19, 2017 at 3:14 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following along again, I like your goals, they are straightforward and achievable. You got this.

Thanks Tank. 

On March 19, 2017 at 3:48 PM, Elastigirl said:

Great S.M.A.R.T. goals. Looking forward to the challenge

Thanks. I'm looking forward to this one too.

Took my measurements today

Neck 16
Chest 44.5
Shoulders 51
Waist 35
Bicep 15
Forearm 12.5
Hips 41.25
Thigh 24
Calf 16.5

Worked out after that

5x5x135 Squat

5x5x95 OHP
2x5x40 dumbbell lunge
2xTri-set rear delt raise, lateral raise, front raise 8, 6, 4. 
3x5x185 Bent over row
3x5x45 Weighted Pushups
3x5x50 Neck curl
3x8x50 Neck extension
2 15 second plate pinches 25 pounds
2x5x20 reverse wrist curl

Not very good but I got it done.

Went swimming with a couple buddies in the early evening and had a pretty good time.

Carbs are well under 100. All other goals met.

• Like 2

Found you!  Your goals are right on target.  I love how clear they are.  So, swimming is cardio, right?  The good kind of cardio, that is.  Fun!!!

• Like 1

suzyQlou * Ranger    

Old Challenges: #1(2015) * #2 * #3(push ups) * #4 * #5(food) * #6 * #7(2016)* #8(nerdiversary) * #9 * 10(animal) * Battle Log * 11(2017) * 12(garden) * 13 * 14(biking) * 15 * 16  * 17  * 18 * 19(2018) * 20(2019) * 21

On March 21, 2017 at 10:48 AM, suzyQlou said:

Found you!  Your goals are right on target.  I love how clear they are.  So, swimming is cardio, right?  The good kind of cardio, that is.  Fun!!!

Great to have you here! Swimming is cardio yes.

Didn't get my studying or devotions done yesterday. Carbs where good.

Got a workout in today. Not feeling 100% so I took it a bit easy

3x5x135 Squat

3x5x95 OHP
1x10x90 Hip Raise
1 Tri-set rear delt raise, lateral raise, front raise, 10,8,6 20 pounds
2x5x45 Weighted pushups
2x4 Pull-ups
2x10x20 Reverse wrist curls
2x10x40 Wrist Curl
2x12x35 Neck Curls
2x15x35 Neck Extensions

Carbs good, study and devotions done, and I made it to church tonight. Not too bad a day all in all.
Something I forgot when I set my goals was that my church is having revival next week. Still going to try to make every service. 
  • Like 3

Just so you know...I'm still thinking of you.  Hope the challenge was a good one...even if you were working on it offline :) 

• Like 1

suzyQlou * Ranger    

Old Challenges: #1(2015) * #2 * #3(push ups) * #4 * #5(food) * #6 * #7(2016)* #8(nerdiversary) * #9 * 10(animal) * Battle Log * 11(2017) * 12(garden) * 13 * 14(biking) * 15 * 16  * 17  * 18 * 19(2018) * 20(2019) * 21

5 hours ago, suzyQlou said:

Just so you know...I'm still thinking of you.  Hope the challenge was a good one...even if you were working on it offline :) 

Thanks SuzyQ. Sorry I stopped checking in. Got really busy then just forgot.

Despite not being on the forums I had a pretty good challenge. I didn't really track so I can't say for certain but I'm going to say I met my goals better on this challenge then about any other I've done. 

To take it week by week, the second week was extremely busy, I was commuting an hour each way to work, putting in 8 hours each day, getting home, grabbing a shower and a quick bite to eat, then going to church for revival services. I made it to each one and I couldn't be more glad I did. I don't know how ya'lls churches are but where I go, when someone is at the altar praying everyone gathers round them. I hate crowds and being surrounded and more then once I let that stop me from going down. Well the Lord's been helping me with stuff like that and I actually went down to the altar and prayed in three of the services. I got a lot of help every time. It was just an amazing revival. Three men at our church, one of them my best friend, got sanctified(again don't really know what ya'll believe but our doctrine), and everybody got a lot of help. Best week I think I ever had.

Third week was good. Got in some great workouts, worked a little, devotions every day, just a good week.

Forth week wasn't the best. The devil really started fighting my and I could till that I my relationship with God was set back a ways. Still there where good times in it. I went on Thursday to test for my GED and while I haven't gotten official scores I know I passed and the unofficial scores had me at 78 out of 80. Then on Friday night I went to the best concert of my life! Aaron Watson and Kevin Folwer. They both put on amazing shows and I had the best time. And I got to meet them both and get their autographs! 

Like I said this was my best challenge that I remember. Again sorry for skipping out.

• Like 2

Sounds like a great challenge. Hooray for being busy and going to work and church and doing awesome on the GED. You really are taking big steps froward.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

I think what you got was way more important than checking in on the forums.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

That sounds like an excellent challenge!  Not just a pretty good one.  I like reading about your church experiences.  It is wonderful to see how God is present to you as you set goals to be present to Him.  Work and school all looks on track, too.  I'm proud of you for following through and taking the GED.  As silly as the system in, having that piece of paper is just going to open doors for you.  And you'll blast right through those doors, Ranger style!

Oh, yeah.  Thanks for introducing me to Aaron Watson and Kevin Folwer.  I admit I had to google them...and now I'll have some good country twang in my head all day.

Hope zero week is fighting back against any struggles in week four.  I like zero week.  It's full of hope for the future!

suzyQlou * Ranger