Kitana:The Upward Spring

Kitana724

Spring is on the horizon...well, here in Western NY we actually have a foot of snow on the ground, but I can still sense it coming. And it is a fitting theme for my RESPAWN challenge this month.

f466cf291c7979fb060d2e0978423e8e.png

MAIN QUEST #1: Live a healthy life by getting to a healthy weight (Current progress: lost 10 pounds last year following a nutrition plan from a nutritionist. Lots another 10 in the first 6 weeks of 2017, but I got off track and the scale is climbing again...RESPAWN!)

Challenge goals to help my on my quest:

1) Complete a daily yoga workout. Through my adventures this year, I started a yoga goal in Feb to complete 30 days of yoga, which worked for about 2 weeks and I got off track. I want to spend everyday of this 4 week challenge completing a yoga workout (as an important supplement to my current program). I hope to build strength and flexibility, and I appreciate the mindfulness around movements and breath. As a therapist, I often promote mindfulness, and it's good to practice what I preach!

2) Level up on the NF Academy diet. This means for the first two weeks of the challenge, I will have veggies at lunch and dinner (I'm pretty consistent with this, but not 100%). I also want to shift my mindset to focus more on vegetables and whole foods in general, but this is the current marker of success. The second half of the challenge week will involve cutting out bread and pasta (not difficult for me) and eating a vegetable at every meal (have to problem solve breakfast...).

3) Consume less than 100g of Carbs per day. This is a tough one...but I notice my body feeling better when I eat less carbs, and I generally eat less calories this way too (but still a healthy amount of calories). It also makes me more aware of what I'm eating.

ca.jpg?w=474

NON-FITNESS QUEST: Turn this house in to a home...stead. So in my epic quest not to have to work when we have kids (God willing, next year?) I am hoping to get some secondary income from homesteading. In our first year, this means vegetable garden and LOTS of chickens...

Challenge goals to help me on my quest:

4) Build a chicken coop. We have 24 chicks being delivered this week (yes, I will update lots of cute chick pics) and possibly another batch next week if my sister has success incubating us some baby chicks. The original plan was that I would build a 8'x16' coop, but my husband has agreed to partition off part of the barn instead, which just means putting up two walls, cutting a door, and building nesting boxes and roosts. That will take some time, and it must be done by the beginning of May so the chickadees can make their way out of the kiddie pool in our basement...

Also, if someone knows programming at all, I'd love to be able to program this song to play when my automatic chicken coop door opens in the morning. (WARNING: VERY CATCHY AND VERY STRANGE AND WILL MAKE YOU LOVE THE INTERNET EVEN MORE)

I'd also love to come up with a brand/name for our little homestead (2.5 acres). Any ideas would be much appreciated.

I will be tracking these quests daily in my bullet journal, as well as updating here at least once a week (sorry, i'm not a great forum person. I'm hoping my chick pics will motivate me to post!)

Looking forward to seeing all of your progress as well. For the Rebellion!

~ Kitana: Elite Human Ranger tacking and destroying all barriers to healthy, fulfilling life ~

"Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." 1 Co 9:25-27

CHICKENS! I love chickens!  

*regains composure*

I dig this challenge, @Kitana724. The Academy is a good place to start working your way back up the success ladder. I've also found that eating less carbs makes me feel better, which is why paleo and keto agree so well with me. I hope this challenge yields good results! I'll be around to watch and cheerlead

Life is full of hard times and good times. Learn from everything you can.

Swinging_Jarnbjorn: Lv 1 Asgardian Ranger

Focus Up! My current challenge.

Loss As A Motivator

Updates!

Yoga has been really great this week. It's been a stressful work week, and honestly a stressful home week, so it's been nice to spend the quiet time in the morning. Also nice to do yoga to the moon and the rising sun (that sounds like a band name).

Diet has been much better since my mulligan. Hitting both goals every day (carbs and veggies). I've been looking into Intuitive Eating for some clients, and I've been practicing some of the skills myself. It's been helping me stay on track.

As far as chickens go...they have arrived! And they are cute as ever. Besides some pasty butt (yes, that is apparently a thing) no issues yet. I've managed to keep them alive for 24 hours so far. As far as the coop, no real progress as my husband has me roped into helping figure out the car situation this weekend. I'm hoping to at least get some measurements set and price out the lumber by the end of the weekend.

~ Kitana: Elite Human Ranger tacking and destroying all barriers to healthy, fulfilling life ~

"Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." 1 Co 9:25-27

m7wZSj4.jpglJG5K5D.jpgvkJqsYA.jpg1EBkr47.jpg

I have been unable to get Chicken Attack out of my head all week. It has become a thing in our house now - we will randomly start singing or say "Go Chicken Go!" to each other. You have ruined my life! Go chicken, go! [emoji14]

You could also watch the same guy do a chicken yodeling video...But it's definitely not as catchy. We were trying to come up with a phrase to use to call the chickens in when we give them treats and stuff to get them back to the coop. 'go, chicken, go' might be the winner [emoji6] IMG_20170326_172116.jpgIMG_20170326_171649.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk