Hymnusal enters the arena

Hymnusal

It looks like you are doing well overall, though I don't know the exact numbers.

What kind of push-ups do you do?  I do er, diagonal (not sure what they are called) push-ups myself.  I can't do a real push up yet, and doing it on a slant is easier on my back than knee push-ups.

Orc ~ Level 4 ~ Michaela's Profile

1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7

Strength 8 • Dexterity 3 • Stamina 4 • Constitution 7 • Wisdom 3 • Charisma 3

1 hour ago, Meushell said:

What kind of push-ups do you do?  I do er, diagonal (not sure what they are called) push-ups myself.  I can't do a real push up yet, and doing it on a slant is easier on my back than knee push-ups.

I'm doing knee push ups at the moment, I would do diagonal, but I haven't been able to find anything around the apartment that doesn't move around or feel awkward pushing off of. :P

Rebel Death Knight

Level 3 : Progress [ = _ _ _ ]

Challenges: [4] Current / 3 / 2 / 1

End of Day 26

April 12th

-    Reading and meditation ✓

-    Brushing/flossing ✓

-    No fitness scheduled for today

-    Knife skills ✓- Tomato, cucumber, onion, peppers, rosemary chopping, it made the onion slicing so much easier and I successfully minced rosemary! Maybe a bit chunky, but minced :)

April 13th

-    Brushing/flossing ✓

-    Fitness ✓ - Dubstep dance party warm up, 2 rounds BBWW, Yoga cool down

-    Knife skills - nope, nothing to cut up today :)

• Like 1

Rebel Death Knight

End of Day 28

April 14th

-    Brushing/flossing ✓

-    No fitness scheduled for today - but did go for a 40 minute walk with the husband :)

-    Knife skills - nothing to do

April 15th

-    Brushing/flossing ✓

-    Fitness ✓ - 1 rounds BBWW

-    Knife skills - nope, nothing to cut up today :)

Hymnusal is kind of stunned that I'm still here. Boo-yeah!

• Like 1

Rebel Death Knight

Post challenge retrospective:

Quest(s): Kick @$$ like Hymnusal & Reverse Tooth Decay

Floss and brush teeth after supper each day (diet goal) => This should mean that I am brushing and flossing every day and will prevent me from evening snacking (such a nasty villain!)

One point per day out of 28 days to get % grade.

Grade:

28/28; 100%

What did you do to help your success?

The sticker chart on the mirror in the bathroom was a constant visual reminder of the task that needed doing. :)

What would you do differently next challenge

Perhaps switch the focus to the snacking habit, brushing only helped to a point, but there were still lots of opportunities to snack and I certainly took them.

Continue this goal next challenge?

No, this goal is complete! I've created a brushing and flossing routine that I believe I can now keep to. I will re-evaluate if the habit slips, but for now I think we have laid a great foundation.

Quest(s): Kick @$$ like Hymnusal & Learn to Cook

Find online tutorials on the proper use and care of kitchen knives and practice cutting vegetables with these techniques (diet goal) => This should make me so much cooler with pointy things and help with my slowness preparing food (which is my biggest deterrent, blah to time consuming tasks)

50% of grade just by learning to cut vegetables and then count all of the times that I could have practiced these new techniques against the number of times I actually practiced them for the rest of the grade.

Grade:

100% - Learned to chop, slice, dice, and mince! Learned a neat trick to roll herbs and lettuce leaves for cutting. Learned how to use a tomato knife.

10/12; 83.3% - only forgot to practice the new techniques when there was opportunity twice.

91.65% overall

Educated myself early in the challenge so I would have lots of chances to practice.

What would you do differently next challenge?

Nothing, I'm fairly pleased with the progress.

No, this goal is complete! I actually know how to use the knives I have in the kitchen now and I think the effort to practice will be less now that I have a good foundation.

Quest(s): Kick @$$ like Hymnusal & Clear my Mental Fog

Set aside time Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday to work out - even 10 minutes will count as a win, but I need to start somewhere (fitness goal) => This will give me better fitness like Hymnusal and I hope that the exercise will help me to sleep and concentrate better

This is a lot of exercise to add in since right now it is 0 times a week, plus I'm not even sure this rough plan will work for me, so I'll say 3 times a week with each week worth 25% of the grade.

Grade:

3/3, 3/3, 4/3, 4/3; 100%

Invited my husband to join me, even if he didn't join all of the time, having him supporting helped.

Not try to start with a 0 to 100 miles an hour mentality. I changed the rough plan to accommodate for it once I realized it wasn't going to work, but it really stressed me out until I did so. Baby steps are the way to go.

Yes. I plan to continue and build on it a bit.

Quest(s): Likeness with Christ & Clear my Mental Fog

Get up earlier each day to read scripture and meditate on a key theme or verse from the reading (life goal) => Meditating on God's word should bring better clarity and draw me closer to him

Read scripture is worth 50%, meditation is worth 50%. One point per day out of 28 days to get % grade.

Grade:

27/28, 28/28; 98.2%

Adapted the times of day as I realized that certain times don't work for me. Try changing the way I meditated to be more creative until I get used to it.

Allow myself to adapt sooner. If it isn't working, it isn't working, no reason to push it when there might be another way.

Yes. Because of all of the flux around this challenge I don't feel it has ingrained itself as a habit yet.

Since all grades are over 75% I gain a level (woooooo!)

giphy.gif

And now I need to contemplate what's next! I think I have some ideas to carry to the next challenge, and I think I will stay a rebel for at least another round since I'm still not sure what path I am on (Druid, Ranger, or Adventurer?)

• Like 2

Rebel Death Knight

On 4/12/2017 at 1:37 PM, Hymnusal said:

I'm doing knee push ups at the moment, I would do diagonal, but I haven't been able to find anything around the apartment that doesn't move around or feel awkward pushing off of. :P

Yeah, diagonal can be awkward on the wrong surface.

Great job on your challenge! (Your celebrating Kermit is oddly fascinating to watch.)

I'll probably stay in the Rebel category too. I figure I should do two in a row at least before moving on to another category. 

• Like 1

Orc ~ Level 4 ~ Michaela's Profile

1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7

Strength 8 • Dexterity 3 • Stamina 4 • Constitution 7 • Wisdom 3 • Charisma 3

On 2017-04-17 at 7:19 PM, Meushell said:

Great job on your challenge! (Your celebrating Kermit is oddly fascinating to watch.)

On 2017-04-17 at 8:23 PM, Erza Scarlet said:

Well done on completing the challenge! :) 

Thanks! ^_^ I hope to see you guys in the next challenge too! I've started my new thread :)

• Like 1

Rebel Death Knight