Norgaard: Flipping the pancakes upside down

Norgaard

So last challenge I got sick and missed more than half of it. This time we turn things around, or try to ;)

As usually I start today monday, and end sunday in 4 weeks (the sunday start mess things up for me :D

Again I changed the goals up a bit to reflect more what works best for me.

Lifestyle:

G1: Focused exams study time: So around the end of this challenge I have 3 exams lined up, and I need to focus on them.

3/5 weekdays I need to allocate 1 hour of priories study time (no phones // tv anything to interrupt.

and 1 weekend day I double up to 2 hours.

Fitness:

G1: Daily handstand (at least 5 attempts pr day

G2: pike/head2toe//SSGM 5 times pr week

G3: 10 minute of hip openers 5 times pr week ( Weighted butterfly/frog pose/pancake/cossaq squat)

G4: Nail a set of 3 tuck to tucked shoulder stand to tuck on the rings.

(I have struggled a lot with those, going fine reverse but its hard from the tuck to the t.shoulderstand. However I seemed to crack the code on the last 2 trainings, and hope it keeps going like that. If I get this in good time then im working to improving the hight of the rings.

W1:

0/3 Weekday study

0/1 Weekend study

3/5 Piking

3/5 Hip opening

3/7 Handstand

W2:

0/3 Weekday study

0/1 Weekend study

0/5 Piking

0/5 Hip opening

0/7 Handstand

W3

0/3 Weekday study

0/1 Weekend study

0/5 Piking

0/5 Hip opening

0/7 Handstand

W4

0/3 Weekday study

0/1 Weekend study

0/5 Piking

0/5 Hip opening

0/7 Handstand

Total:

0/12 Weekday study

0/4 Weekend study

0/20 Piking

0/20 Hip opening

0/28 Handstand

0/1 Tuck to shoulder stand for 3 reps

Be like water my friend

2 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Hello again! Looks like another solid challenge, and good luck with the exams! May I ask what the SSGM fitness goal is? I'm not familiar with that.

Following for the awesomeness!

SSGM = Stride stand good morning. 

Almost like a single leg good morning, but the back foot is just slightly supported.

33 minutes ago, LouCarJo said:

What do you do for the handstand?  Kick up to a wall/wall walk/freestanding?

Well depend if I got time or just fooling around.

If I fool around I either kick up with my back against the wall and play around, or kicking up freestanding to try to get balance.

If Im doing a propper session I use the majority of the time with cartwheeling into a handstand with chest against the wall and work from there :).

• Like 2

Be like water my friend

So far I have done handstand all 3 days, and worked on pike and pancakes :).

However this week have been busy with work stuff, so haven't studiet yet, will try to get an hour in, and then 2 on friday to catch up for the one I missed so far :)

• Like 1

Be like water my friend

Here is the first attempt of the 3 reps tuck to tuck shoulder stand.

These are progressing nice atm!

I was able to do 1 rep first workout after the new year, but that was all luck and haven't been able to make one till last week. However then I got 2 in a row, and today almost 3.

However it as you can see need a lot of cleaning up :)

• Like 2

Be like water my friend

3 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Nice work, that is impressive! You might see that it needs cleaning up, but don't discount the fact that you can actually do them.

I dont! im very happy about it, but I can't wait to see how they look at the end of the challenge :)

• Like 1

Be like water my friend

On 24/3/2017 at 6:57 PM, Manarelle said:

No time like the present to catchup! Even if you do 5 minutes today, it's still 5 minutes more than you had before. You've got this!

yeah I need to rewrite the goal for next week as well, because we are at an internship thing right now there  we have to do home assignment, so Ive done like 8 hours of things, but just not purely exams :)

• Like 1

Be like water my friend

20 hours ago, mom2sjm said:

If only it were this easy...

how-to-study-for-exams-o.gif?w=809

good luck catching up on your studies this weekend!

yes that would have been so much easier I caught up most of it but not all :(

anyway did again 2,5 of the tuck to tuck shoulder stand, however the rings was set up higher than usually, which freaked me out at first ;)

• Like 2

Be like water my friend

22 minutes ago, Manarelle said:

Nice work! That is a significant distance higher than before. Did that contribute mentally to the difficulty of the shoulderstands? 

well at first yes, however, I finally "unlocked" the move, so it actually didn't feel more difficult to be higher up, which I thought it would

• Like 1

Be like water my friend

Thanks, hopefully it will look great at the end of the challenge!

However I did a ring workout yesterday, and I wasn't probably hydrated and haven't eaten enough, only managed two reps and those was a struggle!!

the hip work is slowly getting there, I have a strain or something similar in the crotch area around my adductors, so for a long time I haven't been able to do much, but I slowly getting some ROM back which is awesome!!!.

I need to focus more on my handstands the next week - this week I've just been kicking up for the 5 dailies just to cross it off :(

• Like 1

Be like water my friend

god damn im so bad at updating this.

So I haven't got to study as much as I liked last week, but we just got the cases for the exams, so hopefully I will be a very good study boy and get these exams down.

have 3 exams the next few weeks :).

The hip and forward fold + handstand work goes well :)

Still have pain when doing to much lateral rotation of the right hip :( I want that to go away!

• Like 1

Be like water my friend

9 hours ago, Norgaard said:

god damn im so bad at updating this.

So I haven't got to study as much as I liked last week, but we just got the cases for the exams, so hopefully I will be a very good study boy and get these exams down.

have 3 exams the next few weeks :).

The hip and forward fold + handstand work goes well :)

Still have pain when doing to much lateral rotation of the right hip :( I want that to go away!

You'll get there! Be patient with yourself, pain and stretching takes some time. Good luck on the exams, sounds like it's going to be a busy week. You've got this! 

• Like 1

Manarelle the Level 55 Amazon Assassin

Gryffindarling and Sith Acolyte, somehow.

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

So short update.

Studying have been good so far. I clocked in at least 2 hours pr day the entire week.

The training have suffered though.

I have been limbering a bit myself in the 3 yoga classes I teach, and then I done soe hip motions, but not very structured. Not enough sleep and food have given a bad ring workout :( but Ill try again tomorrow :)

• Like 2

Be like water my friend