• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Luciana Valerosa Culming

Artists unite March/April challenge

Hi again NF artists,

We're going to follow the challenge schedule for now. So we have from March 19 to April 15 to post 28 pieces of art. (still deciding about zero week)

Arkham phrased it so nice for us: "Together we will try to post a combined amount of 28 pieces of art."

I don't mind, what materials you want to use. In the spirit of the Loft it can be crafts, drawings, paintings, sculpting, traditional and digital art - And of course anything artsy I couldn't think of at the moment. Just have some fun and challenge yourself to do a little more art then last month. If you haven't done any art for months, but want to get back into the creative prozess, you're right here.

I'm going to mark this post for the guys and gals, who have been hanging around or have an artsy goal this challenge:

@erosan@BlackTezca@Starpuck@UnquietBones@MrsFeanor@Neeko@Kelliestrasza@StarRuby@Pyrorazor, @StarRuby, @Rosie's Riveter, @RedStone, @Tash, @Volki, @MiaulinTheCat, @Lord Pakku, the Unhinged; @kellie.eugenia, @Miw_Sher, @LivingDeadGirl, @KaitSith, @Arkham,

edit: If anyone doesn't want to be marked every month, I'll take you from the list.

If you know anybody else, who could be intrested, just give them a call. Looking forward to seeing some lovely art. :applouse:

And there will be some artsy topics to chat about again this month. I'm trying to find some new stuff this time. This time for real or I should stop promising that. ;)

• Like 3

Now that I'm done with my course work I have so much more time to art!! Going to a wedding this week in Florida (maybe I'll do some sketching there!) Meanwhile I decided to do a little illustration for my friends that are getting hitched. I may deepen the shading here and there if I have time before leaving tomorrow, but this is the piece, and I will get a frame down in Florida :) 

x2qiTAs.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you for including me! I am finishing one painting every day for a month, so I will have a lot to share!  

This is my favorite painting from last month:

Latest WIP on a piece I worked on last challenge: 

orsinandsybilwip2_by_artisticallystrange-db34c3p.jpg

Currently like how it's coming out and I got farther a long since this progress.  Let's see what I get finished!

• Like 1

@BlackTezca I like the pose and composition of the scene so far. Although you're not finished with her, her hair and other details are already appealing to me. One thing though: I think there could be something wrong with his eyes. Of course the left eye is a little smaller because of the half profile, but I think the Iris is a little to small. First I thought, the white part over the Iris was too big, but then I realised he is slightly looking downwards. It's a tricky expression.

I'm doing Fotogramms at the moment, but I won't post any of them until I scanned them, chose the best and digitally corrected these. I'm still really busy, so the next step might take me a bit. I'm not skilled in digital art and therefore using photoshop or similar tools always takes some time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

@BlackTezca I like the pose and composition of the scene so far. Although you're not finished with her, her hair and other details are already appealing to me. One thing though: I think there could be something wrong with his eyes. Of course the left eye is a little smaller because of the half profile, but I think the Iris is a little to small. First I thought, the white part over the Iris was too big, but then I realised he is slightly looking downwards. It's a tricky expression.

Huh...His eyes were bugging me for a while and that might be why!  I'll need to go back and fix that a little!  Thanks!

Another WIP I am working on; a quick black and white image to give me a break from the other, more detailed piece I was working on:

yandere_chan_wip_by_artisticallystrange-db43k1e.jpg

Yandere-chan from Yandere Simulator!  enjoy!

i have been in a black hole of time lately. i have no idea when i finished some of my recent work, or even if ive posted pictures of them already.
heres two today. if youve seen my pin already, just chalk it up to me being narcissistic and fishing for further compliments, like a newborn father who keeps showing ...... newborn father?
pictures... of my newly acquired potatofaced baby
to people
i dont even know what im writing about anymore. heres a tie pin that im hoping to win a schoolwide competition with. i know the other entrants, so i dont know how likely i am to win, but only time will tell.
539907_10155117190795768_204838047912402
enameled silver, anodized titanium, pearl (the colours are much better in real life. the titanium is a rich purple with gold linework, and the enamel has more depth and a bit more green.. idk about this camera)

and heres a ring i made today!! super pleased with this one
17626216_10155117190770768_2349046943622

the school year ends on the 20th for me, so i should actually have a few completed projects for this month!

Annnnd she is done:

yanderechan_by_artisticallystrange-db48jla.jpg

Also some stupid lyrics I made in relation (Parody of "Hellfire" from Hunchback of Notre Dame with the POV from Yandere-chan)

Spoiler

Oh dearest Father,
You know I am a decent girl 
With good grades that you are rightly proud

Oh dearest father,
You know I'm so much better than
The common, vulgar, boring, gossiping crowd

So tell me, dearest mother
Why I see him standing there
Why his smold'ring eyes still clench my soul

I feel him, I see him
The sun caught in his raven hair
Is blazing in me out of all control

Like fire
My fire
This fire in my skin
This burning
Desire
Is turning me to sin

It's not my fault
I'm not to blame
It just my senpai has these
Witches in my way!

It's not my fault
If in God's plan
That he made these evil insects
Try to take away my man!

Give me strength dear mother!
I will not let the sirens take him away
Cause then my fire with sear them flesh and bone
Be only mine dear Senpai!
And else they'll face the fires of Hell!
And then you will be mine and mine alone

(song pauses, Yandere-chan walks past giggling school girls watching her Senpai)
Girl 1: I heard Kyoko has a crush on him!
 Yandere-chan: (speaking to herself) What? That bimbo?
Girl 2: Oh yeah and with looks like hers no way he'd resist!  He's hers.
Yandere-chan: (speaking to herself)...Unforgivable...I'll have him! I'll have him even if I have to murder everyone in this school!

My fire
Dark fire
Now Senpai, it's your turn
Choose me for
Your Desire
Be mine or they will burn

I'll have mercy for him...
But I won't have mercy for them...
Cause he will be mine
Or they will burn!

@BlackTezca That's some really beautiful art. I also like that you're drawing your characters in different situations. Any plans for the next challenge?

@all I won't set up a new thread for April/May. I haven't been around the last two challenges and somehow it feels odd to set this thing up, when I'm not posting anything myself. I hope to got back into creative stuff, when I hand in my paper. But there is another accountability group this time for people who like to create stuff. So maybe... CU