KaitSith is NOT an Amazon yet - Level 3

KaitSith

Also, I am still not a Viking Warrior, Valkyrie, nor Dathomiri Witch. BTW, the quick-and-dirty Google images search for those made my eyes bleed, they did not live up to anything that I saw in my head.

Onwards!

GOOD NEWS:

• This challenge is going to go fantastically, unlike the previous, because our car was finally fixed yesterday.
  • Mr. Sith and I are heading to the courthouse and getting married on May 4th, because Nerds.
  • Then we are going to an all night Star Wars themed dance party at the local goth club with all of our friends and family, because Nerds.
  • Then we are probably, maybe, could be... possibly having a thing that looks like a wedding in November for those who refuse to dress up and go to the goth club and dance in celebration of our undying love for Star Wars each other.

Out of self pity and all-around grumpiness, I refused to start this challenge until the car was fixed.

So, Hi y'all.  I'm fashionably late to this challenge.

I HAVE 3 GOALS:

1. LOOK FABULOUS AT MY STAR WARS COSPLAY DANCE PARTY. You can't stop me. 

- Ride my bike.

- Theme park walking on the weekend.

- Salad everyday.

- Get enough sleep.

2. SAVE MONEY TO PURCHASE FABULOUSNESS FOR STAR WARS COSPLAY DANCE PARTY.  My brother-in-law is going to rock a Yoda Onesie but that's not my life. I will be a great and terrible Empress of the Sith and all will bow to me... and buy me drinks.

- Can't do a Spending Freeze because April is the MONTH OF BIRTHDAYS.  KidSith, Mr. Sith, and I all celebrate our birthdays in April.  

- Sell Paintings?

3. Be creative everyday and do not go crazy planning all the wedding things.

- Painting a day challenge on Instagram.  Sell whatever paintings to feed the Wedding Budget's endless hunger.

- DIY / Handmake all wedding decor.

- Do not try to make wedding look like Pinterest Wedding.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, KaitSith said:
  • Mr. Sith and I are heading to the courthouse and getting married on May 4th, because Nerds.
  • Then we are going to an all night Star Wars themed dance party at the local goth club with all of our friends and family, because Nerds.
  • Then we are probably, maybe, could be... possibly having a thing that looks like a wedding in November for those who refuse to dress up and go to the goth club and dance in celebration of our undying love for Star Wars each other.

^ Simply awesome :)

Fashionably late arrivals happen, glad to see you made it! :D

9 hours ago, KaitSith said:

Do not try to make wedding look like Pinterest Wedding.

Truly the greatest of all wedding challenges, best of luck to you with that, and with this challenge. May the Force be with you. :)

• Like 1

Rebel Death Knight

Level 3 : Progress [ = _ _ _ ]

Challenges: [4] Current / 3 / 2 / 1

15 hours ago, Hymnusal said:

^ Simply awesome :)

Fashionably late arrivals happen, glad to see you made it! :D

Truly the greatest of all wedding challenges, best of luck to you with that, and with this challenge. May the Force be with you. :)

Thank you! That is definitely the biggest challenge.

This week's round up:

I only have 3 goals with flexibility on how to reach them.  I was very rigid in the last challenge and that made it difficult for me to meet goals and feel good about myself.  I need help with Goal 2/ saving money category, so if you like to brainstorm I will love you forever. (I am not above bribing people with art. )

Just to recap my goals are:

Spoiler

1. LOOK FABULOUS AT MY STAR WARS COSPLAY WEDDING CELEBRATION DANCE PARTY. 

2. SAVE MONEY TO PURCHASE FABULOUSNESS FOR STAR WARS COSPLAY DANCE PARTY. 

• Can't do a Spending Freeze because April is the MONTH OF BIRTHDAYS.  KidSith, Mr. Sith, and I all celebrate our birthdays in April.  
  • Sell Paintings?
  • If you have a suggestion for this goal then tell me!

In order to be successful I have to be flexible

I can meet these 3 goals in a myriad of ways, as long as I am flexible and working on one goal a day.  

Goal #1 will be successful daily if  I do any of these things, but doing them all together is a Multiplier Bonus!

• Ride my bike.
  • Cut out all sugary drinks and only have water.
  • Theme park walking on the weekend.
  • Green veggie with each meal or Salad meal everyday.
  • Get enough sleep. 

Goal #2 needs some help  I usually just do a spending freeze, where we all agree to stop buying non-essentials and it always works because of the mindset.  It feels like a fun challenge vs a 'we are too broke to buy the things that we want and can't' sob-fest.

For Goal #3 I am focusing on creativity, bootstrapping an art business, and creating all my wedding decor. Mr. Sith and I will be going to the Courthouse then having a celebration in November, so we have time for decor. As long as I am working daily on one thing for Goal #3 I will be successful, again, doing all of them is a Multiplier Bonus!

• Painting a day challenge on Instagram.  Sell whatever paintings to feed the Wedding Budget's endless hunger.
  • DIY / Handmake all wedding decor.
  • Do not try to make wedding look like Pinterest Wedding.

Round UP!

This week I am so thankful to have my car back.  It made me even more dedicated to being flexible.

Goal 1 Success:

Veggies or salad daily, getting more sleep.

I scheduled time to research gyms in the area.  A friend from work and I are going to check out the gyms next week.  We can commit to 2 days a week together at the gym before work.  If Mr. Sith gets the kiddo ready and on the bus/takes him into school then I will not have to wake up any earlier than usual and can spend that time at the gym.  Mr. Sith's work schedule should match up for two days that he can do this a week. 

Goal 2 Success:

Combed through our budget and made a plan until July, but April is going to be hard.

Goal 3 Success:

Painting every day and planning wedding stuff while being realistic.  We are scouting all the least expensive venues and trying to figure out what is important and what is a compromise for the wedding in November.

• Like 1
On 3/22/2017 at 10:03 AM, KaitSith said:

Also, I am still not a Viking Warrior, Valkyrie, nor Dathomiri Witch. BTW, the quick-and-dirty Google images search for those made my eyes bleed, they did not live up to anything that I saw in my head.

Onwards!

GOOD NEWS:

• This challenge is going to go fantastically, unlike the previous, because our car was finally fixed yesterday.

Out of self pity and all-around grumpiness, I refused to start this challenge until the car was fixed.

So, Hi y'all.  I'm fashionably late to this challenge.

I HAVE 3 GOALS:

1. LOOK FABULOUS AT MY STAR WARS COSPLAY DANCE PARTY. You can't stop me. 

- Ride my bike.

- Theme park walking on the weekend.

- Salad everyday.

- Get enough sleep.

2. SAVE MONEY TO PURCHASE FABULOUSNESS FOR STAR WARS COSPLAY DANCE PARTY.  My brother-in-law is going to rock a Yoda Onesie but that's not my life. I will be a great and terrible Empress of the Sith and all will bow to me... and buy me drinks.

- Can't do a Spending Freeze because April is the MONTH OF BIRTHDAYS.  KidSith, Mr. Sith, and I all celebrate our birthdays in April.  

- Sell Paintings?

- Painting a day challenge on Instagram.  Sell whatever paintings to feed the Wedding Budget's endless hunger.

- DIY / Handmake all wedding decor.

- Do not try to make wedding look like Pinterest Wedding.

Welcome back! Waiting until the car was fixed to start a new challenge is legit - stupid vehicles. 

I'm super happy for you guys and your Star Wars wedding. My greatest disappointment as a parent is that the offspring waited a DAY to be born and is not a May 4 baby. I will remind her of this disappointment for the rest of her life (because that's how you raise a functional adult). 

Here's an early wedding present!

giphy.gif 

Congrats to all three of you - it's wonderful! 

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, shadowmoonsedai said:

Welcome back! Waiting until the car was fixed to start a new challenge is legit - stupid vehicles. 

I'm super happy for you guys and your Star Wars wedding. My greatest disappointment as a parent is that the offspring waited a DAY to be born and is not a May 4 baby. I will remind her of this disappointment for the rest of her life (because that's how you raise a functional adult). 

Here's an early wedding present!

giphy.gif 

Congrats to all three of you - it's wonderful! 

OMG THAT IS THE BEST GIF EVER!

KidSith was also supposed to be born on May 4th, but decided to do too many flips and tied a knot in his umbilical cord.   Let's be adults those parents together.

• Like 1
On 3/27/2017 at 1:03 PM, KaitSith said:

OMG THAT IS THE BEST GIF EVER!

KidSith was also supposed to be born on May 4th, but decided to do too many flips and tied a knot in his umbilical cord.   Let's be adults those parents together.

Done and done, hahaha. 

I cannot WAIT to see pictures of your wedding, omg. I think I'm more excited for that than I am for the offspring's first birthday.

• Like 1

Round UP!

We were waylaid by a horrible cold that I still haven't kicked and it is making everything difficult.  We still managed to sign up for an art show on April 22nd and spend all of Saturday outdoors and walking around without it feeling like exercise. Win!

Goal 1 Success:

I've been eating all the salads! I've been sleeping like a champ! (Thanks illness for those 20 hours and losing an entire day!)

Goal 2 Success:

April is only 4 days in and its already hard. Why budget, why?

Goal 3 Success:

Painted daily even with the illness, but nothing wonderful has come out yet.  Fine tuning and adjustment is happening soon.

On 4/4/2017 at 11:06 AM, KaitSith said:

Round UP!

We were waylaid by a horrible cold that I still haven't kicked and it is making everything difficult.  We still managed to sign up for an art show on April 22nd and spend all of Saturday outdoors and walking around without it feeling like exercise. Win!

Goal 1 Success:

I've been eating all the salads! I've been sleeping like a champ! (Thanks illness for those 20 hours and losing an entire day!)

Goal 2 Success:

April is only 4 days in and its already hard. Why budget, why?

Goal 3 Success:

Painted daily even with the illness, but nothing wonderful has come out yet.  Fine tuning and adjustment is happening soon.

I don't know what this cold is but I have it and The Husband has it and one of our roommates has been to urgent care three times because it's just wicked. Kudos to you for still reaching for your goals! 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, shadowmoonsedai said:

I don't know what this cold is but I have it and The Husband has it and one of our roommates has been to urgent care three times because it's just wicked. Kudos to you for still reaching for your goals! 

THIS THING IS STILL LINGERING AND I PROBABLY STARTED THE PLAGUE!  But, I did have crazy fever dreams and a fantastic story idea about how the Philosopher's Stone created the first vampire.

I did almost nothing that reached any goals after that/ this week.  I live on cough drops and ice water in a surly daze, like Grumpy Cat, but with more Halls/Ricola/insertcoughdropofchoice here.  COMING UP: THERE IS KIDSITH'S BIRTHDAY AND AN ART SHOW AND A WEDDING OH MY! I'd ask for reinforcements but it sounds like you guys are holding on as best you can, too.

5 minutes ago, KaitSith said:

THIS THING IS STILL LINGERING AND I PROBABLY STARTED THE PLAGUE!  But, I did have crazy fever dreams and a fantastic story idea about how the Philosopher's Stone created the first vampire.

I did almost nothing that reached any goals after that/ this week.  I live on cough drops and ice water in a surly daze, like Grumpy Cat, but with more Halls/Ricola/insertcoughdropofchoice here.  COMING UP: THERE IS KIDSITH'S BIRTHDAY AND AN ART SHOW AND A WEDDING OH MY! I'd ask for reinforcements but it sounds like you guys are holding on as best you can, too.

I don't know how much I can do from Michigan but you have my axe! 

Legit, I'm 100% with you on the cough drops and ice water. I finally finished off my bottle of postpartum 800mg motrin - I will miss that prescription. It was my favorite. 

• Like 1
On 4/12/2017 at 2:02 PM, shadowmoonsedai said:

I don't know how much I can do from Michigan but you have my axe! 

Legit, I'm 100% with you on the cough drops and ice water. I finally finished off my bottle of postpartum 800mg motrin - I will miss that prescription. It was my favorite. 

Yay ibuprofen!

In other news -- Hot Topic has Sailor Moon themed stuff in ALL SIZES.

Someone has to tell Mr. Sith that we are changing the wedding theme.. I can have all of my own Sailor Scouts as bridesmaids and my middle school dreams have come true!

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, KaitSith said:

Yay ibuprofen!

In other news -- Hot Topic has Sailor Moon themed stuff in ALL SIZES.

Someone has to tell Mr. Sith that we are changing the wedding theme.. I can have all of my own Sailor Scouts as bridesmaids and my middle school dreams have come true!

giphy.gif

You could totally do, like Sailor Jedi. That's a thing, right?

• Like 1