Erza Scarlet recovers

Erza Scarlet

Hey guys, I kinda just abandoned my last challenge and then skipped the next one. I fell into a really bad depressive episode so I didn't have any energy - never mind motivation - to work on the challenges (or get out of bed really). I'm feeling a bit better now, so hopefully I can do this one. I wouldn't say it's the last time I get one of these episodes, they tend to come and go in cycles. Also I'm nearing the end of my degree, so I'm experiencing a ton of stress between doing my assignments and thinking about life after graduation. 

fairy tail GIF 

(You guys must get so sick of my FT gifs and pics lol, I should probably try to mix them up with non-FT gifs in the future). 

Anyway, on to the challenge:

Strength:

I'm on Level 6 now of NFA, will be working on that. Also, that article NF made on grip strength may be useful for climbing, so I may try that out too.

Diet:

Since I was in a really bad state, my diet flew out the window. I'm going to have to recover from that by weaning myself off junk and fast food.

Week 1: No chocolate or gummy sweets

Week 2: '' and no crisps 

Week 3: No junk or fast food 

Week 4: ''

Education:

Devote some time to each module's assignment per week. (I have a habit of only focusing on 1 or 2 modules and then forgetting about the rest until it's too late).

House:

Hoover hallway carpet once a week (the carpet gets filthy so easily). I don't really care about dirt, but I live with different people so I suppose it's fair to try keep the house a little tidy.

• Like 2

About me

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4#5

Current: #6

Hey, just popping in to say Hi and I wish you great strength... I know how hard it is to make good habits with depressive episodes. They come and wipe out your progress and you feel like you're back at square one. But you're not, because every time you start again you're training your emotional muscles. Stay hopeful! 

• Like 2

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

Hey, just popping in to say Hi and I wish you great strength... I know how hard it is to make good habits with depressive episodes. They come and wipe out your progress and you feel like you're back at square one. But you're not, because every time you start again you're training your emotional muscles. Stay hopeful! 

I do feel like I've gone back to almost square one again, especially with diet, but I guess it's good to look at the positives. Thanks, Harriet.

• Like 1

About me

Looking good so far! A miss here or there is still progress in everything else.

• Like 2

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  

Day 5: 23/3/17

Strength:

Not scheduled for today (I will go back to the gym eventually lol)

Diet:

Did it, but dear God all these chocolate Easter Eggs and chocolate bunnies (especially Lindt) in the shops do not help haha. They all look so nice. *drool* 

Education:

1/4 - also I went to see one of my lecturers to look over one of my assignments. The amount of changes he suggested basically means I have to re-write the whole thing again. :sorrow: This is the fourth time this has happened. Ughhh. Oh well, gotta keep trying. Hopefully I will get there eventually.    

About me

True, shiny colourful easter chocolates look so so pretty and tempting. Hmmmm... maybe you can dress up vegetables in gold foil and ribbons? Eh, maybe not. Oh, that's a real bummer about the assignment. Keep trying is the right attitude though, good luck with the next round :)

• Like 1

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

Day 6: 24/3/17

Strength: Finally went back to the gym today! Felt kinda nice to be back. :) 

Bulgarian Split Squat - 4x5 First time doing these. I wobbled a little, but overall good form. Was a little sore afterwards from not having done squats in a while.
One Arm Dumbbell Row - 4x8 Decided to go back to 16kg so that I could keep good form and didn't exhaust myself so much that I couldn't do any more of the exercises well (like what happened in my last challenge).  
Barbell Bench Press - 4x5 Lowered back to 32kg too to keep good form and not get too exhausted. Also was first day back so I suppose it was best not to push myself too much.
Hanging Scapular Retraction - 2x12 First set was doable, but I had to stop twice in the second set. My hands got so sweaty too it was difficult to hold onto the bar. But er... is it normal to feel like your wrists are dislocating from your hands? :blink: I heard lots of cracking too lol. I might just need to work on my grip strength. 

Diet:

Chocolate still looks so nice, but I resisted. :P 

Education:

1/4

About me

ERZA SCARLET!?!?!?!?!?! I saw you reply on one of the challenges I follow. I am in love with Erza and I love Fairy Tail. 

I will be following you now.

Don't mind me.

and no, I'm usually not this weird. XD

• Like 1

2018 ~ Trophy Guide and Roadmap.

2016 Journey: June | July failed | August failed | October respawn/failed

2017 Adventure: January respawn | February | March | April/May | June | July | Horizon 2017 Dawn year recap
Quest: January respawn | February | May

What do we say to the god of procrastination? "Not today."

Day 8: 26/3/17

Strength:

Supposed to go to gym today, but legs are still sore and my workout involves my legs so might leave it today (maybe if my legs are better tomorrow I can go then to make up for it).

Diet:

I didn't realise it was a new week so I had crisps :hororr:, no chocolate or gummies though.

Education:

3/4

House:

Didn't do.

• Like 2

About me

On 3/26/2017 at 9:15 AM, Erza Scarlet said:

I didn't realise it was a new week so I had crisps :hororr:, no chocolate or gummies though.

Small victories!!

• Like 1

2018 ~ Trophy Guide and Roadmap.

2016 Journey: June | July failed | August failed | October respawn/failed

2017 Adventure: January respawn | February | March | April/May | June | July | Horizon 2017 Dawn year recap
Quest: January respawn | February | May

What do we say to the god of procrastination? "Not today."

Day 11: 29/3/17

Strength: Did go to gym today :P I found today's exercise quite strenuous and tiring, maybe it was because of a lack of sleep and good diet. Hopefully I can get better at it in the coming weeks.

Barbell clean: 4x3 30kg. First time doing this, so took me a while to understand it, but I got there. :) 

Barbell back  squat: 4x5 40kg.  

Barbell push press: 4x5 (was supposed to do this, but was too tired from everything else) 

Supposed to do pull ups, but can't do those yet, so I did assisted chin-ups again: 4x5. Tried 45kg but was too tiring. I tried 50kg and just about did it. 

Seated External Rotation: 2x12 8kg. My form is off on this... I have to keep jerking my arm up, will have to keep working on it.

Diet:

Done

Education: 

1/4

• Like 1

About me