Erza Scarlet recovers

Erza Scarlet

Day 16: 3/3/17

Strength:

Didn't go, OK will definitely go tomorrow. :redface:  (When I have assignments to do I just tend to drop any other activities I had planned to do. Will be meeting a tutor tomorrow so I can go after meeting). 

Diet:

Done, but really craving chocolate Lindt bunnies. They're everywhere in the shops. :( Guess I got to hold out until Easter ends and then they'll be gone haha. 

Education:

1/4 

House:

Not yet. But now the carpet looks really bad. :/ Should probably do it soon (do have until the end of the week yes, but it will probably be even worse by then).

I'm in my final year of Uni and this is the last month to get assignments done, so forgive me if I end up ranting and dumping all my stress on here :lol:. Trying to get these quests done and assignments at the same time is tough, but I'll try my best.   

About me

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4#5

Current: #6

On 3/22/2017 at 10:52 AM, Erza Scarlet said:

Hey guys, I kinda just abandoned my last challenge and then skipped the next one. I fell into a really bad depressive episode so I didn't have any energy - never mind motivation - to work on the challenges (or get out of bed really). I'm feeling a bit better now, so hopefully I can do this one. I wouldn't say it's the last time I get one of these episodes, they tend to come and go in cycles. Also I'm nearing the end of my degree, so I'm experiencing a ton of stress between doing my assignments and thinking about life after graduation. 

fairy tail GIF 

(You guys must get so sick of my FT gifs and pics lol, I should probably try to mix them up with non-FT gifs in the future). 

You made it back and are still fighting! You're doing great. :) 

(There's no such thing as too many FT gifs. It's such a gif-able show!)

Welcome back! We're cheering for you! 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Day 17: 4/4/17

Strength: Finally went back to the gym today :redface: Kind of thought I would if I brought my gym clothes with me to the meeting 

One Arm Dumbbell Snatch - 3x3/per arm. 14kg. New exercise for me, but wasn't actually that hard.

Barbell Deadlift - 4x5 60kg. Can lift more, but last time I did I got so tired I couldn't do the rest of the workout properly, so I decided to drop back down to 60kg for now and maybe try working my way up slowly again.

Assisted Dip - 4x5. 59kg - tough but I managed to push myself through the last reps. 

Assisted Chin-Up - 4x5. 50kg - tough but I did it, may need to keep at this weight longer though.

Wall Slide - 2x10 - could do it all, but I think I kinda cheated because my arms weren't fully against the wall (though I did try)

Diet:

Really want that Lindt chocolate bunny :( But I'm managing to stay away from it for now.

Friend asked if I wanted to get a two pizza deal with him. I felt bad saying no to the point I considered buying one and just not eating it lol. In the end I just kind of avoided the question *facepalm*. Least I managed to not have any pizza though, so I guess that's good.

Education:

1/4 -  I also showed this assignment to my supervisor, who basically said I need to rewrite it again. *Sigh* I think all my tutors hate me lol.

House:

Didn't hoover yet and the carpet has gotten really bad. Should get round to it soon, procrastination ftw. :lol: 

• Like 1

About me

14 minutes ago, Erza Scarlet said:

Really want that Lindt chocolate bunny :( But I'm managing to stay away from it for now.

Avoid the bunny! I'm a bit late, but here I am following your challenge :)

• Like 1

Level 19 Jedi/Assassin in-training. 

Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 16 | 17 | 18 |

"Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not." - Uncle Iroh

2 hours ago, Erza Scarlet said:

Diet:

Friend asked if I wanted to get a two pizza deal with him. I felt bad saying no to the point I considered buying one and just not eating it lol. In the end I just kind of avoided the question *facepalm*. Least I managed to not have any pizza though, so I guess that's good.

Props for avoidance! Maybe you can just let that friend know you're trying to eat healthier? Go out to a different place?

2 hours ago, Erza Scarlet said:

Education:

1/4 -  I also showed this assignment to my supervisor, who basically said I need to rewrite it again. *Sigh* I think all my tutors hate me lol.

LOL! I don't think so!! They just want you to push yourself cause they know you can do better! :o)

3 hours ago, Erza Scarlet said:

House:

Didn't hoover yet and the carpet has gotten really bad. Should get round to it soon, procrastination ftw. :lol: 

Ugh, yes. I'm here right now. Cleaning is the worst.

• Like 1

2018 ~ Trophy Guide and Roadmap.

2016 Journey: June | July failed | August failed | October respawn/failed

2017 Adventure: January respawn | February | March | April/May | June | July | Horizon 2017 Dawn year recap
Quest: January respawn | February | May

What do we say to the god of procrastination? "Not today."

Great work going to the gym and saying NO to the rabbit. That rabbit doesn't want you to be mighty. Can you use beast mode to just start cleaning the carpet? Doesn't matter if you finish it or not, just that you start.

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the artist

On 4/5/2017 at 3:55 PM, Grayspeed said:

Avoid the bunny! I'm a bit late, but here I am following your challenge :)

Thanks, Grayspeed :) 

On 4/5/2017 at 6:39 PM, Lilmissbri said:

Props for avoidance! Maybe you can just let that friend know you're trying to eat healthier? Go out to a different place?

LOL! I don't think so!! They just want you to push yourself cause they know you can do better! :o)

Ugh, yes. I'm here right now. Cleaning is the worst.

Haha yes that's probably the best thing to do instead of avoiding the question. Just me being socially awkward. :lol: And aww thanks I like to think so! Cleaning sucks, uggh. :P 

On 4/6/2017 at 11:53 AM, Harriet said:

Great work going to the gym and saying NO to the rabbit. That rabbit doesn't want you to be mighty. Can you use beast mode to just start cleaning the carpet? Doesn't matter if you finish it or not, just that you start.

Very true, the rabbit is evil. :P That's a good idea, otherwise I'll never do it haha.

• Like 1

About me

Day 20: 7/4/17

Strength: Forgot to update this quest, will do it now: 

Bulgarian Split Squat - 4x5 A lot easier, was just out of breath more than anything.
One Arm Dumbbell Row - 4x8 18kg :)    
Barbell Bench Press - 4x5 36kg Tough, but doable.
Hanging Scapular Retraction - 2x12 Wrists didn't feel like they were dislocating today, so that's good. :P But I didn't do great with this, I had to stop halfway through the second set to rest. I think I have really bad grip strength, it's something I'll need to work on.  

Diet:

Done 

Education:

1/4

House:

Nope

About me

Day 21: 8/4/17 - 3 weeks done! :D 

Strength:

Rest

Diet:

Done, but that tub of gummy sweets is still there. Barely any of them are gone. Arghhh I don't know how my flatmates can be so slow at eating sweets, if this was me or back in my parent's house we'd have them gone in a day. :lol:... Yeah probably a good thing I'm not eating them. :P 

Education:

3/4 modules today! And they were different from the other assignment I've been doing so I technically managed to do 4/4 this week. :) I'm kinda half wondering if I should start aiming for 4/4 per day rather than in a week, though, because my deadlines are approaching really fast... 

House: 

I kinda forget today was the last day of the week (in the challenge's timetable), can I clean tomorrow and pretend I did it today? *Shh* :P

• Like 1

About me

On 2017-03-22 at 11:52 AM, Erza Scarlet said:

Devote some time to each module's assignment per week. (I have a habit of only focusing on 1 or 2 modules and then forgetting about the rest until it's too late).

On 2017-04-03 at 10:45 PM, Erza Scarlet said:

Total modules out of the week: 2/4. Damn. It's just so easy to focus on one module and forget about the rest. *Sigh* 

Could you maybe assign a day of the week for each module (Monday - Module A, Tuesday, - Module B, etc) or are the assignments handed out such that it won't work well that way?

• Like 1

Rebel Death Knight

Level 3 : Progress [ = _ _ _ ]

Challenges: [4] Current / 3 / 2 / 1

I'm following your story eagerly for the climax: the moment you vacuum the carpet. I'm waiting... I want to read that the deed is done and the carpet is sparklingly clean (what do you mean carpets don't sparkle? Stop making excuses!)

• Like 2

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the artist

On 4/10/2017 at 5:20 PM, Hymnusal said:

Could you maybe assign a day of the week for each module (Monday - Module A, Tuesday, - Module B, etc) or are the assignments handed out such that it won't work well that way?

See I have four set assignments due in May (one for each module). Therefore every time I update here that I've down an assignment, what I mean is that I've made progress on the ones I need to do. So I won't be handed out any more. I just need to do all four assignments before their separate deadlines in May. What I tried to do recently was just aim to do a bit of each per day, but I might give your idea of one module per day a try. I'll fiddle around and see what works. :)  

About me

On 4/10/2017 at 5:40 PM, Harriet said:

I'm following your story eagerly for the climax: the moment you vacuum the carpet. I'm waiting... I want to read that the deed is done and the carpet is sparklingly clean (what do you mean carpets don't sparkle? Stop making excuses!)

Hahahaha, this made me laugh so much. :D You'll be happy to know I did get it done! In fact, it's sparkling so much it looks like diamonds. :P Your beast mode idea worked and I got it done, thanks for the help! :) 

• Like 1

About me

Day 22: 9/4/17

Strength: Decided not to rush things and just slowly work on improving.

Barbell clean: 4x2 35kg. Did 2 reps instead of 3... hmm... maybe I shouldn't have increased the weight... 

Barbell back  squat: 4x5 50kg. Tried better form.  

Barbell push press: 4x5 22.46kg. Thought I would be able to lift more, but I guess not. My grip strength isn't great and I think that's important for push presses. 

Assisted chin-ups again: 4x3 (instead of 5 reps because too hard). 45kg though, so that's good. 

Seated External Rotation: 2x12 8kg. This is strange... I can do this if I jerk my biceps, but otherwise I have to stay on 6kg. I find this easier with my right arm too. 

Diet:

Done

Education:

2/4

House:

Finally hoovered! Harriet's beast suggestion helped me to finally get it done. :redface: 

• Like 2

About me

Day 23: 10/4/17

Strength:

Rest

Diet:

Errrrr, so guys I got kinda freaked out today. For some reason I started craving really badly, to the point I was literally jittery. I'm serious. My hands and head were twitching and I couldn't concentrate on any of my assignments. If anyone saw me they probably would've thought I was on crack - or psychotic, maybe both lol. I ended up having some chocolate because I was too freaked out by myself and basically wanted to cry with how much I was craving chocolate (haha embarrassing :redface-new::redface-new::redface-new:). The shaking did stop, but I felt very sick after eating the chocolate. In fact, I kinda felt better as soon as I took one bite, but my brain rather than my appetite just wanted to eat the rest. Is it normal to get that jittery?? Really freaked out... 

Education:

Like I mentioned above, I couldn't concentrate so I got nothing done. :( 

House:

Well... it doesn't need hoovering yet, so that's good. :P 

About me

Day 24: 11/4/17

Strength:

Rest

Diet:

Ended up having my leftover chocolate (I know, I should've thrown it out yesterday after I left the rest). It made me feel even more sick though so I definitely won't be having any more. Was tempted to get pizza because I'd already eaten chocolate, but stopped myself and had a proper dinner instead. So good on that front. 

Education:

Felt sick from yesterday and chocolate I ate today, so I didn't get anything done. :/ 

House:

Already getting a little dirty (I know, my carpet is weird), but acceptable for now. :P 

• Like 1

About me

12 hours ago, Erza Scarlet said:

Diet:

Errrrr, so guys I got kinda freaked out today. For some reason I started craving really badly, to the point I was literally jittery. I'm serious. My hands and head were twitching and I couldn't concentrate on any of my assignments. If anyone saw me they probably would've thought I was on crack - or psychotic, maybe both lol. I ended up having some chocolate because I was too freaked out by myself and basically wanted to cry with how much I was craving chocolate (haha embarrassing :redface-new::redface-new::redface-new:). The shaking did stop, but I felt very sick after eating the chocolate. In fact, I kinda felt better as soon as I took one bite, but my brain rather than my appetite just wanted to eat the rest. Is it normal to get that jittery?? Really freaked out... 

That is scary!! Don't be embarrassed! Cravings happen. You didn't binge or lose control. You had enough to keep ya stable and balanced. That's a good thing! :) I'm sorry you felt so sick though! Yuck. Maybe some fruit next time? Natural sugars instead of chocolate sugar?

• Like 2

2018 ~ Trophy Guide and Roadmap.

2016 Journey: June | July failed | August failed | October respawn/failed

2017 Adventure: January respawn | February | March | April/May | June | July | Horizon 2017 Dawn year recap
Quest: January respawn | February | May

What do we say to the god of procrastination? "Not today."

12 hours ago, Erza Scarlet said:

Day 24: 11/4/17

Strength:

Rest

Diet:

Ended up having my leftover chocolate (I know, I should've thrown it out yesterday after I left the rest). It made me feel even more sick though so I definitely won't be having any more. Was tempted to get pizza because I'd already eaten chocolate, but stopped myself and had a proper dinner instead. So good on that front. 

Education:

Felt sick from yesterday and chocolate I ate today, so I didn't get anything done. :/ 

House:

Already getting a little dirty (I know, my carpet is weird), but acceptable for now. :P 

You're doing great! Having some chocolate every so often instead of every day is ultimately what you need to aim for. It is possible to have withdrawal symptoms with food, especially sweets, as they trigger dopamine release, which makes you happy. You can get your brain off it and teach it that it can get it's happy elsewhere but it takes a lot of effort. Keep it up! 

For strength training, there are many, many different schools of thought. Fewer reps at a higher weight is totally a thing! I would be careful about "jerking" - you could risk tearing a muscle. The best way to develop muscles is control - when you focus on controlling the motion, you activate the large muscles AND the small, stabilizer muscles. Finding it easier with your right hand is also a thing - try working on getting your left arm so that it works as well as the right.

It seems like you've been doing good, consistent work with your modules! A day off every now and then isn't terrible. :) 

Caaaarpet, aaagh. I'm pushing to have all of my carpet replaced with either tile or laminate because eff carpet. 

I'm at work so I can look up gifs but this is the place where I'd insert a cute Happy "Aye sir!" gif. You've earned it! 

• Like 1
On 4/12/2017 at 1:35 AM, Erza Scarlet said:
On 4/10/2017 at 1:40 PM, Harriet said:

Hahahaha, this made me laugh so much. :D You'll be happy to know I did get it done! In fact, it's sparkling so much it looks like diamonds. :P Your beast mode idea worked and I got it done, thanks for the help! :) 

giphy.gif

Huzzah for clean carpets! :D

I hope you're feeling better and didn't actually get really sick from chocolate 0_0!

• Like 2

Rebel Death Knight

Level 3 : Progress [ = _ _ _ ]

Challenges: [4] Current / 3 / 2 / 1

On 4/12/2017 at 6:14 PM, Lilmissbri said:

That is scary!! Don't be embarrassed! Cravings happen. You didn't binge or lose control. You had enough to keep ya stable and balanced. That's a good thing! :) I'm sorry you felt so sick though! Yuck. Maybe some fruit next time? Natural sugars instead of chocolate sugar?

That's true, thanks. I had some bananas but those didn't work. Maybe I'll try honey if it happens again? I know that has natural sugars in it... thanks for the suggestion. :) 

On 4/12/2017 at 6:15 PM, shadowmoonsedai said:

You're doing great! Having some chocolate every so often instead of every day is ultimately what you need to aim for. It is possible to have withdrawal symptoms with food, especially sweets, as they trigger dopamine release, which makes you happy. You can get your brain off it and teach it that it can get it's happy elsewhere but it takes a lot of effort. Keep it up! 

[...]

I'm at work so I can look up gifs but this is the place where I'd insert a cute Happy "Aye sir!" gif. You've earned it! 

Thanks, that makes sense. I guess I was just following the program so I felt bad switching from what it said to do haha. Oh really? OK, might be time to stop jerking my arm then... Yeah I think it's because my right arm is my dominant one, I guess I just need to keep practising with my left arm at a lower weight. And thanks, I just need to make sure I don't procrastinate so that my 'day' off doesn't become a 'week' off. :P Hahaha yeah carpets are a pain, though they do feel nice on the feet, but is it worth the cleaning? lol. Yayyy Happy ftw! XD   

On 4/15/2017 at 7:13 PM, Hymnusal said:

giphy.gif

Huzzah for clean carpets! :D

I hope you're feeling better and didn't actually get really sick from chocolate 0_0!

Go clean carpets! :P Thanks, I am. I didn't vomit, but my stomach felt really sore. Guess I've learnt my lesson hahaha (but it's actually a good sign, because normally I could eat double if not triple the amount I ate and not feel sick, so I guess it's kind of progress heehee). 

About me