Thank you for allowing me to join the Rebellion!  Leia Cruz here, starting over my fitness journey once again...this time as a middle ager, and it is a lot harder!!  Looking forward to getting some support via these forums.  I need something new to motivate me and get me off the couch.  I am a 46 year old educator who is a nerd at heart.  I'm not a gamer, but I love a good sci fi book or movie series.  My faves are Star Wars franchise and all of the Tolkien-based movies.  Give me a starship or a hobbit hole, and I am a happy girl.  I recently started cutting carbs and have set a goal to eat Paleo for a month.  Hoping to get food ideas here as well as "hacks" because I am on the lazy side when it comes to cooking.  I have lost 10 lbs since November, but have set a lofty goal to lose 10 more by the end of the school year.  (May 31st).  

• Like 1

A woman's place is in the Rebellion.

Welcome! It sounds like you'll fit in very well. Also, if you want updates on your thread(s) go up to the top and hit the follow button for yourself. Sorry if you've already done it, it said one anonymous member, so I had no idea. For some reason it thinks you don't want to follow your own thread :/

Hope you have a great time here!

If you ever feel scared to do something really fun, just do it. Do it today. then say "What the hell did I just do."

Today I completed the Beginners Bodyweight Workout for the 2nd time.  I had to modify some of the exercises due to a knee injury, but overall felt good.  I was able to do the plank on my toes instead of knees.  

Posting my stats and beginner pics.  I bought this Tshirt on my honeymoon.  I want it to fit better, even be slightly too big.  The shorts I can put on, but can't sit in them let alone workout in them.

Weight: 193.4

Waist: 41"

Push ups: 10 on knees

Plank: 15 sec on toes

March 25 2017.JPG

March 25 2017 side.JPG

A woman's place is in the Rebellion.