Hi, Ashy Pearl here !

Hi everyone !

I'm new here, I found the whole Nerd Fitness thing last Friday and joined kinda for fun, because I was bored at work. But I've been back at my character sheet on Monday and saw all the potential this had for me to change a lot about myself.

I'm a French girl, I work at the reception in a big corporation and live not far from work with my boyfriend and our ferret. Now that it's finally sunny again, I started walking again while playing pokemon go. Instead of taking the bus to work, I walk 10 minutes (minimum) per day and when I get back home I bike for 5 minutes. It's pretty much all the sport I do.

I'm overweight (85kg for 171 cm) and would like to get healthier. I've overcome so many obstacles in my life already :social anxiety, depression, agoraphobia... I've overcome all of that and I'm only 24. But now that my mind in somewhat healthy, I want to do the same with my body. Enough having pain in my knees or my ankles because of my weight, enough being disappointed when I want to put on a pretty dress, enough feeling like I could be and do so much more.

I hope I can find here what I'm looking for, we'll see I guess :)

Have a nice day/evening/night !

• Like 1

Hi KitsuNeko and thanks for your welcome message :)

I don't think I have started a challenge yet, I have no idea what that is. So far I've begun organizing my epic quests so that I can determine the lifelong habits I want to develop and deconstruct them.

I'll go check around on the forum when I have some free time later today, do you have some specific topics you would advise me to read?

Have a nice day ! :)

Hey @Ashy Pearl!  Welcome, have you had a chance to have a look around the forum and get your bearings yet?  There's a huge amount of content so it can be a bit daunting and confusing to begin with. 

The 4 Week Challenges that @KitsuNeko mentioned are totally separate from your character or your Epic Quest, they are a great tool for helping you reach your goals (for your epic quest) by cutting them down into bite-sized chunks.  You pick 3 goals that you want to achieve over the 4 weeks that will help you to reach your overall goals.  For instance if one of your goals was to lose 10kg (for example), one of the things you might have identified would help you to achieve that could be cutting out soda so you might make that one of your 3 challenge goals.  

The idea is to keep it really simple and not to try and change too much at once.  The idea is that if you make small changes and stick with them over 4 weeks then they become habit, that's the point at which you then pick the next thing you want to change.  You can make you challenge thread into a story featuring your character if you want and you can earn XP (or award yourself points: strength, wisdom, stamina etc) by completing the challenges. 

I'll come back and post some links once I'm on my laptop. :) 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Here is the link to the page with all the info about the 4 Week Challenges.  Of course you don't need to take part in the challenges at all...  Lots of people find that keeping a Battle Log works better for them.  The Battle Log is just your own space to keep track of your progress, you can use it for anything at all: your workouts, your food diary, your novel starring your character...  You get the picture.  :) 

If you need any info on anything just tag me to ask.

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Hi everyone and thank you so much for your welcoming words!!

@malikash, your words touched me deeply, thank you so much

@Guzzi Hi! I've been around the forum and well there's so much stuff it's hard to know where to look.

I looked into the 4 weeks challenge and it looks a lot like what I've already done on my character sheet : I've put my lifelong goals (walk everyday, stretch everyday, meditate everyday, avoid getting unfairly angry or avoid buying sweets from the bakery)

As an example, here's what I wrote:

"Walk (at least) 10 minutes per day, YEAR 1, MONTH 1, WEEK 1".

In the report log, I write each day if I did it or not. I'm initially supposed to gain 14 XP (2 per day) but if I only do it 5 days in the week, I'll get 10 XP. Then I'll do the same for week 2, etc. for as long as I can, so that I can keep a track of my progress.

I may join the next 4 weeks challenge, it's gives me time to prepare it ^^

Is there a particular place in the forum where I could ask for advices related to my current lifestyle and goals ? I'd love some advices ^^

Have a nice day/evening/night everyone !

9 hours ago, Ashy Pearl said:

Is there a particular place in the forum where I could ask for advices related to my current lifestyle and goals ? I'd love some advices ^^

That really depends on what questions you want to ask.  There is a forum for weight loss, and one for general fitness.  I'd suggest posting in one of those, unless you want specific advice about a sport or nutrition.  You might even find it helpful just reading through some of the existing threads, there's a lot of information already there. :)