Another Mini-Win

I've got several wins to share, but the primary one is that I managed to avoid my old habits and peer pressure, while attending a funeral reception. The food was 95% bad, and I usually would have dug in heavily, but I simply got a small plate of kale and turkey, then got some fruit and more veggies for dessert. At the end of the day, my calories were right where I wanted them to be.

Other mini-wins:

I've officially lost 45 pounds (mini-win because I'm losing ~120 in total).

I went to the gym today, and completed most of my routine, despite not having dinner by that point. I finished about 11pm, so that gives you an idea of why it was so hard.

I listened to my body and lightened up on weights when I felt that my body was too worn out to go my usual full weight. Better to finish the set at a lower weight than not at all.

I've planned my cheat meal for the weekend. I usually save that for in-the-moment urges.

I'm starting to see major changes in my body, moving towards where I want to be. 

I've got a special appointment with a counselor tomorrow to talk about vulnerability. I'm a bit scared, but it's scheduled, so I'm not ditching.

My assisted pull-ups... well, I thought I was getting 200 pounds of assistance... I was actually getting 112. That's awesome. 

• Like 2

That is all great stuff, well done! 

I know how big a task it is to lose weight, and 45lbs is a HUGE deal, so mega congrats on that. It really sounds from all of that like you've reached the goal of actually changing your mindset, which is a very good thing indeed. Awesome sauce.

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

This is amazing stuff. Great job. It sounds like you done a great job of staying on track while in not ideal situations. I know its hard when your standing there staring at all the food while in a rough space emotionally, and it sounds like you did great. And 45 lbs is huge, so great job there. Keep up the great work.

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 4:31 AM, Guzzi said:

That is all great stuff, well done! 

I know how big a task it is to lose weight, and 45lbs is a HUGE deal, so mega congrats on that. It really sounds from all of that like you've reached the goal of actually changing your mindset, which is a very good thing indeed. Awesome sauce.

As stupid as it is, every time I recognize an achievement, I seem to hit a wall or stumble a bit. My therapist says that I'm not comfortable with praise, internal nor external. I think she's right there.

Since I made this thread, my mind has been all over the place, and as has my progress. My weight seems to have stalled, but it's my own fault. I missed some workouts and ate more than I had planned for. Starting yesterday, I've hopped back on the bandwagon. Who knows, maybe the screw-ups will result in a positive bump in my progress?

Ugh!  You're not alone in that respect.  Compliments - my nemesis!  Good on you for getting back on track though. 

Ps. Have you changed your name?  Your avitar looks like someone else's. ;) 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

17 hours ago, The Ox King said:

As stupid as it is, every time I recognize an achievement, I seem to hit a wall or stumble a bit. My therapist says that I'm not comfortable with praise, internal nor external. I think she's right there.

Since I made this thread, my mind has been all over the place, and as has my progress. My weight seems to have stalled, but it's my own fault. I missed some workouts and ate more than I had planned for. Starting yesterday, I've hopped back on the bandwagon. Who knows, maybe the screw-ups will result in a positive bump in my progress?

I am also a member of this club. I get real weird when someone praises me and I just want to hide.

I am sure you will do great. Maybe it just takes a bump to make sure your not getting too comfortable and will be back on track in no time.

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 9:22 AM, Bean Sidhe said:

I am also a member of this club. I get real weird when someone praises me and I just want to hide.

I am sure you will do great. Maybe it just takes a bump to make sure your not getting too comfortable and will be back on track in no time.

Well, it happened again, regardless. Turns out it's proportional. I finally reached the "official" 50 pound lost mark and I binged on honey mustard pretzels. Added 1800 kcal to an already heavy day.

4 hours ago, The Ox King said:

Well, it happened again, regardless. Turns out it's proportional. I finally reached the "official" 50 pound lost mark and I binged on honey mustard pretzels. Added 1800 kcal to an already heavy day.

So Accept it happened. Accept you had a craving and its over now. Tomorrow you start fresh and will do great. Keep going. You hit 50 lbs, you are doing awesome

• Like 1