Hi there!

I'm not really sure how to start a good introduction, but here I go! I'm a 19 year old girl who only reaches about 158cms (5'2 ish) and weighs about 53 kgs (116 ish lbs). In other words, I'm of average weight, BUT I am by NO means healthy.

I spend most of my days sitting around in lectures or in front of my laptop. My diet consists of frozen meals and a disproportionate amount of carbs...so many carbs (my love for carbs is deep)!! Just recently I decided enough was enough! I needed to be healthier! Besides, I'd love to get rid of some of my excess fat and be confident in my body!

I also have this (secret) desire to start cosplaying! I just love the idea of becoming my favourite characters from my favourite shows! It's nice motivation for me (-- I just need to find people that will cosplay with me - or I could convince my friends to join muahaha!).

I CONFESS!!! I am pretty notorious for quitting...I'm going to set my goals realisticly:

1. Get more flexible (I want to be able to do the splits one day!!!)

2. Bye carbs...(on select days. I am NOT going cold turkey!)

3. Build stamina (running from app zombies? Sure!)

4. More to come later! :D

Thanks for sticking around for such a long introduction! I hope you all accept me as a member!

• Like 1

Welcome! You have a good little start for a 4-week challenge (3 weeks left), if you'd like to join in this round. Better late than never!

I started cosplay by going to the local ComicCon. There's no pressure as there are printed Pokemon t-shirts and a ball cap mingling with the most elaborate outfits you could possibly imagine, and everything in between. Your best first effort will fit in just fine, and everyone will just be happy that you're adding to the atmosphere. Plus, if you do go alone and are a bit embarrassed - no one will even know, and who cares what the strangers think? I still only have the one costume (go White Mage!), but maybe one day more.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, juliebarkley said:

Welcome! You have a good little start for a 4-week challenge (3 weeks left), if you'd like to join in this round. Better late than never!

I started cosplay by going to the local ComicCon. There's no pressure as there are printed Pokemon t-shirts and a ball cap mingling with the most elaborate outfits you could possibly imagine, and everything in between. Your best first effort will fit in just fine, and everyone will just be happy that you're adding to the atmosphere. Plus, if you do go alone and are a bit embarrassed - no one will even know, and who cares what the strangers think? I still only have the one costume (go White Mage!), but maybe one day more.

Thank you for the encouragement! You're absolutely right! I should stop worrying haha! I'm going to take your advice and search up some events I can go to :D

I'll also be participating in the 4-week challenge (well - 3-weeks for me) ~ hopefully all will go well!

• Like 1