Deciduous's late start first ever NF quest

Deciduous

I'm a week late but figure there is still time left in this thing, and if I don't join in now I may never!

I'm a 5'10" early thirties lady, started out my fitness journey underweight and have put on 25 lbs while building my deadlift aka my pride and joy. Looking to drop 10-15 lbs, or less if I feel foxy and lean in the mirror before that, and maintain my strength while working on side projects of flexibility, cardio, and finishing fixing up this old house.

I've worked out at a strength training facility five days a week with a coach of the past year and a half, and currently also hot yoga four days and sometimes 'Zombies Run' on the weekend. Recovering Crossfitter/low-carber/Paleo devotee.

Quest:

1. diet: drink a litre of water before eating
  2. diet: start my first EC stack and limit treat/restaurant meals to 1-3 a week (treat meal is anything that isn't protein plus veggies plus fat plus squash/tato/whole grain starch. Fruit and protein shakes for snacks)
  3. cardio: finish next four runs in my progression (using zombies run)
  4. life enrichment: finish sanding and painting the doors in our perpetually under renovations old house

I'm hoping to log food and workouts here, and make some e-friends to keep me coming back every day. I used to keep a journal on a low carb forum and loved the connection and accountability, but haven't had an online home since I quit that way of eating. This is the first one that felt like a good fit.

• Like 3

Challenge #1, #2, #3, #4

Much like your namesake, it's alright to not going green on time.

This is also my first official foray into the NF challenges(and any forum where I've actually felt like I am accountable) and the people here have been amazing. Welcome aboard! 

• Like 2

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

Thanks for the warm welcome, both! @Grumble, I love it, I'm hoping to transform a bit at the same time as the trees here. I hope my experience mirrors yours - so far so good! @Emerald_Dragonfly, it is a bit disheartening that when it is finally done we'll have to start repairing some of the first stuff we fixed but it would feel pretty darn good to have round one of everything actually done, and I hear maintaining it will be less crazy. What project(s) are you working on?

• Like 1

Challenge #1, #2, #3, #4

More like what haven't we done!  We had to tear out the horse hair plaster, so we took it down to the studs, replaced a couple of those, and worked out way back up.  We did All the work ourselves, so yeah, we are finding that we...ee messed up some of it.  Oops.  We still have some finish stuff to do, but we are almost complete.  5 years in...

Still, though, it was a sound financial decision.  But there is more than a little of my blood and sweat in this house. 

Functional cardio sweat?  Maybe...

• Like 2

~Emerald_Dragonfly

Level 13 Warrior

2 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

More like what haven't we done!  We had to tear out the horse hair plaster, so we took it down to the studs, replaced a couple of those, and worked out way back up.  We did All the work ourselves, so yeah, we are finding that we...ee messed up some of it.  Oops.  We still have some finish stuff to do, but we are almost complete.  5 years in...

Still, though, it was a sound financial decision.  But there is more than a little of my blood and sweat in this house. 

Functional cardio sweat?  Maybe...

I'm 9 in! Sounds like our houses are similar eras, what a ton of work. It is so weird learning as you go, projects I thought a total success I look at now and... ! Hope you don't have any major re-fixes. I am sure the activity helps our fitness (says the person who skipped their run to do house stuff today). And yeah, wouldn't do it again but happy with the (almost) outcome.

• Like 1

Challenge #1, #2, #3, #4

Today was good! Made it to hot yoga and it was a tough one, walked to a friend's instead of driving (~30 mins round trip), and did a bit of priming and a bunch of caulking at home. And messed around on this site for way too long.

Progress:

1 - 1L water before eating! 

• Had water before every meal and snack was great. I felt more functional than I have in awhile and didn't want to snack at all, really!

2 - Lean out by starting EC stack and following meal plan!

• The supplements are still coming in the mail, but food was close to ideal:

Breakfast- avocado vega protein shake 

Lunch - 3 smoked salmon nori rolls (brown rice, half avocado, cucumber, carrot, romaine, wasabi/Tamari - Delish !) 

Snack - persimmon

Dinner - pork loin roast on mega mixing bowl salad (Brussels, carrot shreds, baby potatoes, romaine, spinach, tomato, Tahini/cherry preserve/mustard dressing) - couldn't finish it, was huge! Ate all the meat and potatoes though.
Snack pre-bed - casein with cashew milk

3 - Finish four runs to complete running progression! 

• Nope, rainy and just didn't want to even though I'd told myself I would run today. 

4 - Finish all the doors in the house!

• Today I primed 3/4 of the closet doors plus the door frame. So, I have 1-3/8 of 9 doors done now.
  • Like 1

Challenge #1, #2, #3, #4

Image result for hi funny

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

IMG_0282.GIF.4369cc34bdeaf8496182030bb3ce7d4a.GIF

So excited to have had you all visit! I will be by to creep on you shortly.

Yesterday was packed and felt a bit frantic, but I didn't abandon the guest - I drank my litre of water before eating (quest #1✔️), followed my meal plan (#2✔️), and my spouse finished priming the doors so we are 1.5/9 (#4✔️).

Lifting isn't a numbered quest because I have built the habit and don't have a specific goal there right beyond showing up M-F, and by showing up and doing the work slowly getting stronger. It is my main fitness activity, though, so I'm going to go ahead and document it for my own enjoyment.

Mondays are squat day, I'm slowly making progress on them and am trying to adjust my attitude because they are historically not my fave. I am on the last week of our four week training cycle so it'll be lower rep to prepare for next week when we re-test maxes. So we did a heavy % squat single then heavy drop sets, then a bunch of dumbbell and tension band accessory work, and sprints+weighted sled pushes for conditioning.

Food yesterday:

Breakfast - Large takeout coffee with 'one' (how the restaurant qualifies that I have no idea!) half and half and a pear

Lunch - slice of roast pork loin and six baby potatoes with carrot cashew sesame oil/PB/molasses/raisin slaw and greens

Snack pre lifting - persimmon vega smoothie

Dinner - two eggs and three bacon on two rice cakes with lettuce and tomato

• Like 2

Challenge #1, #2, #3, #4

13e0e522fa26a425e94f9d96f17ca01a.jpg

I'm four days into eating like a rational creature and I am feeling pretty darn good.

Progress on a few quests: water before meals seems to be essential, as it is the only thing I've changed since getting better at sticking to 'the plan' (quest #1✔️), and meal plan went well (#2✔️). Today I start the supplement stack and hope it makes it easier to cut through this and the next challenge into summer.

Yesterday at the gym was bench press day; heavy single and coach assisted above max singles (I despise the slingshot, so coach boops the bar up as an alternative), and heavy drop sets. Then db/banded accessories, and I totally skipped conditioning! I did go to hot yoga after and that felt great.

Food:

Breakfast - pear and 2 tbsp half and half

Lunch - two slices pork yellow curry/tahini stir fry with copious frozen stir fry veggies, carrot shreds, tomato, lettuce, with half a cup brown rice

Snack pre-lifting - persimmon vega protein shake

Dinner - slice roast pork loin with half sweet potato and a big spoonful of tahini, half a cucumber

Snack pre-bed - casein with water

• Like 1

Challenge #1, #2, #3, #4

27 minutes ago, Deciduous said:

Yesterday at the gym was bench press day; heavy single and coach assisted above max singles (I despise the slingshot, so coach boops the bar up as an alternative), and heavy drop sets. Then db/banded accessories, and I totally skipped conditioning! I did go to hot yoga after and that felt great.

Food:

Breakfast - pear and 2 tbsp half and half

Lunch - two slices pork yellow curry/tahini stir fry with copious frozen stir fry veggies, carrot shreds, tomato, lettuce, with half a cup brown rice

Snack pre-lifting - persimmon vega protein shake

Dinner - slice roast pork loin with half sweet potato and a big spoonful of tahini, half a cucumber

Snack pre-bed - casein with water

@Br0din, here's another hot yoga fan! You guys are nuts. 

I seriously love tahini, you are speaking my language. Tahini based salad dressings are where it is at. So much so that I don't even buy dressing, just mix some tahini with whatever TF I want. ;) That all looks delicious!

• Like 1

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

I seriously love tahini, you are speaking my language. Tahini based salad dressings are where it is at. So much so that I don't even buy dressing, just mix some tahini with whatever TF I want. [emoji6] That all looks delicious!

YES! My people! You're the first person I've ever met that buys it! Tahini improves literally everything (smoothies, salads, stir fry!) but sucks enough on its own that I don't eat it with a spoon ala peanut butter. It is one of my favourite things on the planet.

PS - never thought I'd have a hot yoga membership. I bought a cheap month trial with a friend so we could get some quality time in and only realized it was hot the first class, but I feel so great since I started that I bought a year [emoji29]

• Like 2

Challenge #1, #2, #3, #4

33 minutes ago, Deciduous said:

PS - never thought I'd have a hot yoga membership. I bought a cheap month trial with a friend so we could get some quality time in and only realized it was hot the first class, but I feel so great since I started that I bought a year emoji29.png

When you lift heavy and get strong AF...  you need a little recovery and lengthen out those muscles.

• Like 3

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

23 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

I just watched that kid get hit in the face about ten times more than strictly necessary...

There's a limit of necessary? Cause I could watch it all day.

• Like 2

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

4 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

I just watched that kid get hit in the face about ten times more than strictly necessary...

Me too... but I don't feel bad about it....

• Like 2

Neutral Gargoyle Warrior with a dash of Ranger/Monk/Adventurer. Now LEVEL 9!  My Instagram

STR 78, CON 31, DEX 1, INT 21, WIS 13.5, CHA 4

Meet lifts: SQ 175kg, B 112.5kg, Dead 215kg.   Gym lifts: SQ 185kg, B 132.5kg, Dead 220kg

Nerd Stuff: Sci Fi TV, Sci Fi + Fantasy Books, Classic Space Lego, Warhammer 40K...

reminds me of a saying...  if you're going to be dumb, you got to be tough.

• Like 4

Wheymen

Feeling good.

AoMQm_s-200x150.gif

Actually pretty great. Haven't been starving famished since I started posting here and drinking my water and following my meal plan, lifts still going well - literally zero complaints.

Same progress, quest #1 water before eating ✔️although yesterday I felt I'd float away, quest #2 meal plan and EC stack day 1 ✔️

Deadlift day yesterday! This program has been off a deficit and I have not enjoyed it. Yesterday was three heavy singles off the highest deficit yet. Good riddance! Then heavy dumbbell accessories, banded accessories, and heavy farmers carries. Starting to get amped up for max out week next week, although I don't have big goals beyond trying to go up 5 lbs on everything.

Food stuffs:

Breakfast - small homemade sausage patty and two tbsp half and half

Lunch - slice roast pork loin with half sweet potato and a spoonful of tahini and greens/carrot shreds plus two mini potatoes

Snack - pear

Snack pre lifting - mango vega protein shake

Dinner - sushi rolls! 3 smoked salmon nori rolls (brown rice, half avocado, cucumber, carrot, baby greens, wasabi/Tamari - Delish !)

Snack - pomelo

• Like 2

Challenge #1, #2, #3, #4