Finally joining instead of creeping

Evening all,

It's been a while since I discovered Nerd Fitness and I figured that now is as good a time as any to finally get involved in the community. I've been struggling with consistency in my workouts for the last 6-8 months. I moved from New York (back) to the DMV in Aug 2016, leaving behind a deep connection to my yoga studio and a generally active lifestyle. Financial constraints have kept me from getting a new membership around here and my lack of discipline in home workouts has gotten me off to a slow start. Things are starting to look up; I'm learning more about Ashtanga yoga, which is free to do at home and has consistency baked in to the tradition. As an added bonus, it builds off knowledge I already have (ego boost!) and makes me feel strong (double boost!).

My hope is that I get to know others and their goals while also being held accountable for my own. I am also a budding yoga teacher, so I'd love the opportunity to lead others in a practice. Right now, I lead a monthly class at my job, but am always looking to expand!

Best,

r

• Like 1

Occurred to me that I didn't post anything non-fitness about myself...

My favorite show is Archer. I'm in the middle of season two, having recently started my annual re-binge prior to the start of season 8 (April 5th!)

I loooove chocolate. M&Ms are my classic fav, but I'll take those chocolate covered açai berries or kit kats any day. Phish Food is my favorite Ben & Jerry's flavor.

New York is my spirit city. I graduated from NYU and would move back in a heartbeat, should the chance present itself. I've lived a lot of places, though. Born in Alaska, grew up an Air Force brat, lived in Portugal in high school, and Germany, Italy, and Ireland in college. My most recent trip was to Singapore and Malaysia. Next up (tentatively) is India!

• Like 1