• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guzzi

What's your "sexy"?

Guzzi   

Ladies, we all know what it's like.  There are times when you feel like you're fat, and ugly, and shouldn't be allowed outside in case you frighten small children, and then there are the times when you feel Grrrrreat! *insert Tony the Tiger here* when you feel like you could give Beyoncé a run for her money, and proudly strut your stuff wherever you are: the kitchen, the bedroom, the club, the beach, wherever.

giphy.gif

So the big question is: what are the things, large or small, that make you feel good about yourself, that give you the confidence to feel sexy?  Whether it's your daily beauty routine or a favourite outfit, a trip to the salon or a killer workout, share your favourite confidence boosting tips with the rest of us.

RevQu   

Oh, fun thread! It is weird how sometimes it's little things that change how you feel. :)

- nice underwear (especially if it matches, lol)

- doing something different with my hair

- getting some sun

- high heels...not appropriate for my general lifestyle and I almost never wear them, but I always feel like a badass when I do. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Guzzi   

Oooh, yeah!  I'm one of those girls (women? Am I too old to be a "girl" these days?) that doesn't do feminine, I live my life in jeans and walking boots, but I always like to have pretty underwear.  It lets me feel like I'm still girly even if I don't look it. ;) 

And Hell Yes to the "sun" bit.  I feel so much better about myself if I have some colour.  Being Scottish I'm naturally a hideous shade of pale blue/dirty white for 9 months of the year, and an unflattering shade of lobster on at least 3 occasions (if I'm lucky) during the other 3 months. NICE!

• Like 2

RevQu   
Oooh, yeah!  I'm one of those girls (women? Am I too old to be a "girl" these days?) that doesn't do feminine, I live my life in jeans and walking boots, but I always like to have pretty underwear.  It lets me feel like I'm still girly even if I don't look it.  

And Hell Yes to the "sun" bit.  I feel so much better about myself if I have some colour.  Being Scottish I'm naturally a hideous shade of pale blue/dirty white for 9 months of the year, and an unflattering shade of lobster on at least 3 occasions (if I'm lucky) during the other 3 months. NICE!

Lol, Irish and super pale a lot of the year here too. ;)

I love getting a bit of a tan and I'm soooo looking forward to it!

I'm also going to add earrings to my list! I don't wear much jewelry but I always wear earrings, they make me feel awesome for who knows what reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DyDy   

Uhm, dunno. Never considered myself sexy. But those abs that are forming on my belly - that might be able to classify as 'sexy'.

• Like 1

Vaereyes   

At work: A three piece suit, wonderfully bright tie, hair down and light makeup.

On a date: Thigh highs, garter belts, feminine style dress, high heels, full sexy date face.

At a Leather bar: Tight jeans, tall laced up boots, form fitting tank top, leather vest. Hair down. (There's a trend here. I recently grew my hair out, and I'm in love with it's length.)

A lot of my sexy is channeled through outfits, as you can see. My sexy is also channeled through flirting. When I figure out that someone's interested in me I turn into a sultry predator, and then I get to use my sexy laugh. (It's deadly. Trust me.)

• Like 1

Guzzi   
6 hours ago, Vaereyes said:

At work: A three piece suit, wonderfully bright tie, hair down and light makeup.

On a date: Thigh highs, garter belts, feminine style dress, high heels, full sexy date face.

At a Leather bar: Tight jeans, tall laced up boots, form fitting tank top, leather vest. Hair down. (There's a trend here. I recently grew my hair out, and I'm in love with it's length.)

A lot of my sexy is channeled through outfits, as you can see. My sexy is also channeled through flirting. When I figure out that someone's interested in me I turn into a sultry predator, and then I get to use my sexy laugh. (It's deadly. Trust me.)

I wish I could be as confident as this.  I spend so much time second guessing myself and worrying that I might look silly that I hardly ever feel sexy.  (Plus I'm kinda un-sexy right now because of health so that doesn't help)  Even now that I've lost the weight I still worry that I can't "pull off" certain outfits. 

Sometimes I feel like all my stars have to align in order for me to feel sexy. The most important things are:

1.       My face looks okay (no acne flare ups or unkempt brows)

2.       My ladyparts are feeling okay (no nasty infections or TOM)

3.       My body otherwise feels okay (no sore neck, the cold, allergies, etc.)

Once those three things are in place, I can feel sexy even wearing flannel pajamas LOL.

• Like 1

I do not feel sexy very often. Or like ever, really. But some things that make me feel a little bit perkier are

1. Freshly-shaved legs
  2. Mini-skirts or shorts with heels, especially with cool socks/tights and/or knee high boots, or the afore-mentioned smooth leggy-legs
  3. When my hair has enough volume and shape to wear it down
  4. Visible, defined clavicle and/or exposed shoulders (aka The Japanese Hussy Neckline)

Tis the season for all of this, I guess I should take advantage of it!

• Like 1

Guzzi   
On 05/04/2017 at 8:36 AM, JupiterStar said:

I do not feel sexy very often. Or like ever, really. But some things that make me feel a little bit perkier are

1. Freshly-shaved legs

I never used to shave my legs unless they were going to be on show (I live in Scotland so, like, never) so when I did, my legs would be covered in little red dots (plus they'd be blindingly white from the aforementioned living in Scotland) which isn't really a good look.  Last year I underwent an operation and I couldn't walk or do anything for myself for quite a while afterwards, my bf had to wash me and all that jazz.  Cue feeling like the least sexy person in the whole world.  Because of that I decided to try and do little things to make myself feel better, like shaving my legs regularly, having a proper face routine (not just a once over with soap) and applying (body) moisturiser.  It's amazing how much better I felt just by doing those simple little things.

1. Mini-skirts or shorts with heels, especially with cool socks/tights and/or knee high boots, or the afore-mentioned smooth leggy-legs

I can honestly say that the only time I've ever good enough about my legs to show them off in public in shorts or a mini skirt was the summer of 2014 when I was at my slimmest point EVER(!!!) and we went on holiday to Portugal.  I'm hoping to lose the last of the weight that crept on over the last 3 years while I wasn't well and have the confidence to show off my legs again this summer.  Kudos to you for being able to do that (and for rocking the tights/socks/knee high boots! ;) 

1. When my hair has enough volume and shape to wear it down

I am literally the opposite here.  Although my hair is really fine I have a LOT of it, and I'm growing it right now so I can donate it to a charity that makes wigs for sick children, so there really is a lot of it.  I get quite fed up of having so much of the bloody stuff.   What makes me feel good is when I've been to the hairdresser and she's thinned it out, lol!  Every time I go there my hairdresser says the same thing about half way though cutting it, "I forgot just how much hair you have!"  

This might sound like heaven to anyone with thin hair but honestly, my hair is just so unmanageable 90% of the time that it's just scraped back into a ponytail to keep it off my face, and you should see how much hair I lose in a single day...  It's EVERYWHERE!  I had to buy one of those hoovers that are specially designed to pick up pet hair and even then it doesn't really work, because it's too long to be picked up easily.  I've seen my going over the whole carpet with a lint roller to try and de-hair the floor

1. Visible, defined clavicle and/or exposed shoulders (aka The Japanese Hussy Neckline)

Tis the season for all of this, I guess I should take advantage of it!

Absolutely!!!  You rock that shit Girl!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

On 4/4/2017 at 3:51 PM, Plazmotic said:

Sometimes I feel like all my stars have to align in order for me to feel sexy. The most important things are:

1.       My face looks okay (no acne flare ups or unkempt brows)

2.       My ladyparts are feeling okay (no nasty infections or TOM)

3.       My body otherwise feels okay (no sore neck, the cold, allergies, etc.)

Once those three things are in place, I can feel sexy even wearing flannel pajamas LOL.

I just realized my list is less “things that make me feel sexy” and more like “things that need to happen for me not to hate myself”. :P

SO THEN, what is it that actually makes me feel sexy?

1.       An excellent push-up bra – I was very insecure about my boobs growing up (thought they were too small) but now I’ve got womanly curves and love how I look with cleavage.

2.       Short skirt, long jacket – Yes, just like the song. ;)

3.       Styling my hair – It tends to be either frizzy or limp, but if I take some time with it (volumize, straighten, apply some oil) it looks fantastic!

• Like 2

KnitJoy   

For me it's

1. Wearing super soft clothing, basically anything that makes me feel touchable

2. Cute underwear

3. Shaved legs

• Like 1

I know this is really shallow,  but I feel sexiest when my boyfriend randomly tells me I look good. When I try to dress sexy it usually backfires because no one notices and then I feel worse.

Quorra   

I absolutely LOVE looking my best, which I kinda have to as a style consultant, but staying that way takes a lot (too much?) of work.

1. Hairapy: I have a standing appointment every 6 weeks to see my stylist.

2. Shaving: everything that shows, and for me that's quite a bit more than ladies typically do. 

3. Make up: getting this down didn't take long, but a nice natural eye shadow, bright lip and some powder. Date nights get a little more dramatic.

4. Compliments: this is never shallow. When my gf tells me how nice I look I always feel sexiest.

Mary K   

For me it is simple...

Soft skin, clear skin, hair free skin, and glowing skin. 

Hair that is perfect (in my eyes) - nice, thick, and full yet soft.

Black everything.. Black tops, black pants, black shoes. LOVE love clothing and accessories! 

Nadoriel   

I wish I could honestly say what makes me feel sexy. It's so rare nowadays...

I guess that having a different guy other than my bf trying to flirt with me would help. I can't avoid not liking it.

Taking photos and actually look nice in them. That's a rare one as well. 

Sometimes just from waking up I feel slim, sexy and happy. Sometimes I seem to just wake up and feel like a sack of potatoes. 

Music sometimes also makes me feel sexy.

I reckon I'm just really hard to please to be honest O.o

Recently came to a realization that the days I feel sexiest coincide with my fertile window, LOL. Funny how hormones can completely change your state of mind.

Blethan   

New hair colour, definitely!
When the sun's "just right"
Leather trousers
Dancing (I've recently taken to dancing to EVERYTHING, however I like, no matter whose around )

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk