PERFECT pirouette bail!

I've been working steadily on my handstand for the last 5 or so weeks (mostly consecutive days but I missed a few here and there). I'd got to the point where I could hold a 60-second wall stand about 6 inches from the wall, but I pretty much plateaued.

I didn't realize it was because I was afraid of falling over.

Not until today, when I held a 60-second wall stand THREE inches from the wall, and pirouette bailed perfectly on the landing! Then just to prove to myself it wasn't a fluke, I got up there and did the bail again!

(This is why I choose odd hours to go to the gym, so I can do my victory dance in peace. Because yeah, I was victory dancing in there!)

• Like 2

A skill I desperately need to learn. I just can't trust myself to try it from free-standing a few inches off the wall. Did you do anything special to work up to it or just take the leap?

Level 11 Brutish Scoutsassin (That's totally a thing, shut up)

Str: 30 Dex: 26 Sta: 27 Con: 11 Wis: 23 Cha: 18

NerdFitness Trials: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Hellfire Club 4LIFE!

Inspiration comes in many forms. Watch me fumble towards it at Accidentally Inspired.

I've been working from wall planks to wall stands, getting closer to the wall every time I can, making sure I can hold each stand for 60 seconds before moving closer. My biggest issue was bailing without being afraid of collapsing while trying it. But accomplishing it wasn't complicated; I just needed to give myself enough space to dismount (and having a mat in front of me didn't hurt, either). It was definitely a process of working up to it, and then just doing it without fear.

On 4/3/2017 at 2:39 PM, Deveney said:

I've been working steadily on my handstand for the last 5 or so weeks (mostly consecutive days but I missed a few here and there). I'd got to the point where I could hold a 60-second wall stand about 6 inches from the wall, but I pretty much plateaued.

I didn't realize it was because I was afraid of falling over.

Not until today, when I held a 60-second wall stand THREE inches from the wall, and pirouette bailed perfectly on the landing! Then just to prove to myself it wasn't a fluke, I got up there and did the bail again!

(This is why I choose odd hours to go to the gym, so I can do my victory dance in peace. Because yeah, I was victory dancing in there!)

That is completely awesome. Great job. And a happy dance was completely earned there. Keep up the good work.

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Wow, that's awesome! I'm so excited for you!

"Nothing lasts forever." ~Natasha Romanoff~

"Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was. So will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." ~Thranduil~

"No matter who we are, no matter what our circumstances, our feelings and emotions are universal. And music has always been a great way to make people aware of that connection. It can help you open up a part of yourself and express feelings you didn't know you were feeling. It's risky to let that happen. But it's a risk you have to take-- because only then will you find you're not alone." ~Josh Groban~

"Those who are the happiest, never did have everything. But rather they are thankful for everything they do have." ~Anonymous~