Swirling blackhole of muffins and coffee.

Hello beautiful people! I'm writing from the wonderful city of Boston, USA. I'm a third year university student studying bioengineering. My weight is always something I've struggled with. I was blessed with a wicked slow metabolism(thx mom) and my parents didn't enforce the good values of nutritional education as I was growing up. My first two years of college were not good, as I carried those uneducated eating habits with me in extreme ways. I started mega binge eating to cope with stress, closet eating, and only exercising minimally which ultimately led to horrific skin, weight gain, and pre diabetes. I knew I had to do something quickly. I did my first two years elsewhere, but when moved to Boston something in the atmosphere changed. I had some family help me out and have been such an amazing influence on me for the past year. Fall semester of 2016 was one of the best times of my life. My school work was going great, my work schedule was manageable, I pack day lunch everyday, and went to the gym 5 times a week. I looked and felt awesome and had so much encouragement from others to keep up the good work. Although i don't think i will ever go back to the horrific binge eating mindset i used to have, this semester is definitely different from the fall. My school work is MUCH more vigorous, I picked up more hours at work, the weather definitely has a large effect on my mood and motivation. I barely meal prep anymore and only go to the gym maybe once a week. My goal for being active on this forum is to stay accountable for what I'm eating, and find some motivation(and virtual friends!) to get back into going to the gym more often. I love working out, but I hardly have anytime, and what little time I do have, I want to actually relax! My biggest weakness is absolutely carbs, ESPECIALLY in the morning. Muffins are bae. Also, with having to get up early and generally a stressful hard day ahead, I'm always like "oh this day is gonna suck, you know what will cheer me up? A coffee and a muffin from Dunkin Donuts" THIS IS BAD.... Any who, I'd like to get out of that habit as well and find good breakfast recipes for those who are always on the go! I'm super excited to join the nerd fitness world. Any advice is SO APPRECIATED. Tomorrow is going to be a great day. 

Ooo i guess a bit about myself I'm very much a science nerd. I love love love biology and physics and chem. Honestly, just learning in general. It's addicting. I also loving reading and listening to sci-fi pod casts, listening to jazz, and watching dog videos. Looking forward to chatting with you all.

xoxo Mak

Welcome to the forum! 

Firstly, I think it's super cool that you're interested in biology, physics, and chemistry. I have a deep love for those things, and I wish I understood them better. 

I can can totally relate on carbs being a weakness, too. 

It sounds like you already have a decent foundation going for yourself, and I am sure you can start getting back into all the healthy habits you had began establishing for yourself. Maybe you could start making bulk meals, and packing those in advance for lunch, so you don't have to do it every day. Also, you should find a healthy recipe you like, and make it in bulk for breakfast. I find having something already ready and quickly available helps me to stay on track. 

Best set of luck with everything!

Hello Mak, welcome to the Rebellion! I'm glad to see that you're a fellow science nerd! If you ever want to geek out at something newly discovered (like the event plasma helium) then you'll find plenty of people willing to geek out with you!

So for now, you want to list out your long term goals, then list out short term goals to help you get to the long term ones. If you need help with this, there are plenty of others nerds willing to help

sent from my phone whilst exploring new dungeons

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Welcome on board.  I have some advice to help you with your breakfast carb craving, but I see that you haven't been back since your first post so just hit me up if you do come back. 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously