Park win

My nephews and I go to the park occasionally and they usually want me to do the monkey bars and stuff with them. I always try, but I have been super frustrated that I can't get across the monkey bars. Despite bar work we do at the gym, usually I can't even complete one transfer to another bar. A while back my nephew had a race at a park that had parallel bars and tried so hard to walk down the length, but could only get a few hand walks down before falling off. No where close!

This weekend we were at a park that had parallel bars and monkey bars and I was able to complete BOTH of them! In fact I completely walked down the full length of the parallel bars twice. I probably could have made it three times, but I stupidly suggested we play chicken joking and he took me seriously and knocked me off. :lol: Super stoked though!

18.10 |18.6 | 18.518.418.318.218.116.2 | 16.1 | My Character

Lean out: 4lbs / 70lbs

- - - - - - - - - -

On 4/5/2017 at 0:19 AM, ladymorella said:

My nephews and I go to the park occasionally and they usually want me to do the monkey bars and stuff with them. I always try, but I have been super frustrated that I can't get across the monkey bars. Despite bar work we do at the gym, usually I can't even complete one transfer to another bar. A while back my nephew had a race at a park that had parallel bars and tried so hard to walk down the length, but could only get a few hand walks down before falling off. No where close!

This weekend we were at a park that had parallel bars and monkey bars and I was able to complete BOTH of them! In fact I completely walked down the full length of the parallel bars twice. I probably could have made it three times, but I stupidly suggested we play chicken joking and he took me seriously and knocked me off. :lol: Super stoked though!

Congrats You beat the bars. you did great. But never jokingly play chicken with a child. They never catch the joke and then you are falling off so they don't get hurt. Great job. Keep it up

• Like 1

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

On 4/5/2017 at 4:08 AM, chemgeek said:

I find for me a lot of monkey bars is learning the technique - once you have it, it's easy, but until you have it, it's really hard. Sounds like you had your 'aha' moment - congratulations! :)

I use to spend whole recesses playing on the monkey bars as a kid. I was having issue with grip strength. I am tempted to go over to the other park and see if the diameter was the problem.

12 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Congrats You beat the bars. you did great. But never jokingly play chicken with a child. They never catch the joke and then you are falling off so they don't get hurt. Great job. Keep it up

Right?!

• Like 1

18.10 |18.6 | 18.518.418.318.218.116.2 | 16.1 | My Character

Lean out: 4lbs / 70lbs

- - - - - - - - - -

Woohoo! That's awesome! Congratulations!

• Like 1

"Nothing lasts forever." ~Natasha Romanoff~

"Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was. So will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." ~Thranduil~

"No matter who we are, no matter what our circumstances, our feelings and emotions are universal. And music has always been a great way to make people aware of that connection. It can help you open up a part of yourself and express feelings you didn't know you were feeling. It's risky to let that happen. But it's a risk you have to take-- because only then will you find you're not alone." ~Josh Groban~

"Those who are the happiest, never did have everything. But rather they are thankful for everything they do have." ~Anonymous~