Yay for injury recovery!

Ok so I just realized right now that I have been walking without a limp on my sprained knee most of the day! :)

My cautiously active approach seems to be helping speed recovery without re-injury and I couldn't be happier because I was seriously worried this would be another year-long episode of recovery like my knee sprain when I was 15 but it isn't! Whooo! I see the light at the end of the recovery tunnel. It is still a ways out, but it is there and beautiful. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, chemgeek said:

Ok so I just realized right now that I have been walking without a limp on my sprained knee most of the day! :)

My cautiously active approach seems to be helping speed recovery without re-injury and I couldn't be happier because I was seriously worried this would be another year-long episode of recovery like my knee sprain when I was 15 but it isn't! Whooo! I see the light at the end of the recovery tunnel. It is still a ways out, but it is there and beautiful. 

As someone who has a knee that had surgery on it when she was 19, I know how amazing that is. Stay slow and keep working on it and you will be walking without a limp in now time. Congrats. That tunnel is getting much shorter.

• Like 2

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

20 hours ago, chemgeek said:

I did lunges today! And kata! And front kicks! And sat seiza!

Like not 100%at all but closing on 70% and thrilled about it. 

OKay, so I know what one of those is, and that is still pretty cool. I am sure its even more amazing if I knew what the rest were. Your healing faster than you think. Just don't overdo it. Great job and keep up the hard work.

Kata are martial arts routines, front kicks are kicks in front of you (if you've ever seen the stereotypical karate kick, it's probably a front kick), and sitting seiza is basically a way of sitting where you're on your knees and your butt is resting on your feet. Seiza is probably the hardest of all of those on people's knees as it stresses strength and flexibility both - it was too painful for me to sit in until yesterday. :) 

7 hours ago, chemgeek said:

Kata are martial arts routines, front kicks are kicks in front of you (if you've ever seen the stereotypical karate kick, it's probably a front kick), and sitting seiza is basically a way of sitting where you're on your knees and your butt is resting on your feet. Seiza is probably the hardest of all of those on people's knees as it stresses strength and flexibility both - it was too painful for me to sit in until yesterday. :)

Okay, I was right that is WAY WAY more impressive even now. Being able to sit on your knees like that is huge. I just tried and man my thighs were sore almost immediately. LOL. (Hubby gave me a weird look as i got out of my chair, sat on the floor for a second and got right back up ). Great job I am glad you are feeling so much better. Keep getting healthy and do only what doesn't hurt.  You will be back to 100% in no time