So as of around the middle of March I've been itching to get out on my bike after the cold winter where I used a turbo trainer a couple of times. I'm no cyclist though and up until the autumn of last year I barely cycled at all - I'd drag the bike out of the garage once every few years. But I got a new one in October so started using that to commute to work (its only like 2 minutes lol). So I've wanted to do more cycling and get into mountain biking (that's yet to happen unfortunately the trails near me are super intimidating and advanced). I've been off work for a couple of weeks now so I've been cycling around my local area using Strava (which I've found a little addictive and I've been going at a challenging pace for myself).

So far, starting March 12th, I've done 130.2km which as I live in a valley has included some steep hills (steepest was 10.1% average). So I thought I'll track that along with my other exercise progress which is mostly bodyweight exercises and zumba. I'm probably attending my first taekwondo class next Saturday so I'll have to see how that all goes too. but I figure it's useful to have a log to see how things are progressing.

Sunday 9th April

Cycling - 18km, 123m elevation, 49min

'A path is made by walking on it'

Character Profile

Strava

Tuesday 11th April

Today I did some strength training in the morning.

• 3 sets of glute bridges, goblet squats, bench pistols, deadlifts, and assisted pistols.
  • 3 sets of dumbell flys
  • Pushup progressions - 3 sets of 8 on diamond pushups, followed by uneven pushups 3 sets of 8 each arm.

Shoulders were feeling it so I stopped there for the day.

Character Profile

Strava

Sunday 16th April

Some strength based exercises today

3x8 Decline pushups. Also did a few diamond and decline elbows in - the latter I find tricky. I'd like to progress to one handed pushups some time so we'll see how things go.

60 second Plank plus some smal planche planks

Hollowrocks and candlesticks

Bench pistols 3x5 each leg

Assisted pistols 3x5 each leg

Character Profile

Strava

Tuesday 18th April

Back to work this afternoon so didn't do that much exercise-wise. Cycled there and back which I will do for as long as we have the work but that's less than 5 minutes to get there. Did 1 min of high knees before as part of the mini challenge (I did the first minute on the Monday) and I think that was it.

Wednesday 19th April

Full day of work today- did 1 min 30 of high knees before, cycled there and back - went to the village rec before coming home to 3x5 assisted pistols which was a bit rushed. Also a cheeky couple of pulups on the girder at work. The index fingers of both hands have swollen up because of work with skin rubbed off too so hands are kinda painful to do much which sucks. Will have to bandage them a bit for tomorrow's work.

Character Profile

Strava

Thursday 20th April

Aching today so didn't go to zumba just the short cycle to work and back (once I didn't feel so tipsy from the celebratory toast).

• Did 1min30 of high knees for the mini challenge.

Friday 21st April

Aching worse lol and fingers are still swollen which limits things. Was hoping to go cycling today - sadly not to be.

• 1 min of L-sits (heels on ground) - increased time per rep from about 13 seconds to 20 - most was 25.
  • 1min plank.
  • Last 1 min 30 of high knees.

Days not over yet, hope to do some more later.

Character Profile

Strava

Saturday 22nd April

• An hour of zumba at home today
  • Dumbell flys 3x20

Sunday 23rd April

• 60second plank
  • L-sit with heels 2x30 seconds
  • Planche planks
  • Elbows in pushups 2x8
  • Decline pushups 1x8
  • Hollowrocks, cycle crunches, candlesticks

Monday 24th April

Decided to up the ante as a noob to cycling and do 50km, last 10km the outside of my knees were pretty painful so I need to rest them now. Most I've done up until now was 32km and that was a more gentle cycle - probably too much of a leap for my body.

Character Profile

Strava