Leveling up my Stats?

Hello,

I just finished rolling my stats and they don't look good. Should have gone with point buy.

But in all seriousness I am new to all this even to forums, so be gentle. 

right about myself. I am just a late 20 something that is a big guy. I dont really have a goal just to get healthy. So hey...?

• Like 1

Welcome to the Rebellion, Napew! Getting healthy is a fabulous goal to be getting on with. You can always make more specific goals later down the line if you like. However, you should at least have a wee tiny bit of an idea of the route you'd like to take to get healthy. Mindset and diet/nutrition are excellent starting points, if you can't think of anything else. Try setting a goal/quest to drink a specific amount of water every day for a week, or take a 10-minute walk every day for two weeks. If you start being able to check off some quests (in your Epic Quest), you'll be more stoked to keep going.

Good luck to you!

=)

Laurie

On 4/11/2017 at 2:26 AM, Napew said:

I dont really have a goal just to get healthy. So hey...?

Hey there Napew! Not to worry, you've stumbled on one of the kindest and most supportive communities out there :D 

A useful way to get started is to think about how you can identify "getting healthy" so you know once you've gotten there (Don't worry, no wrong answers!) It will give you a way to get started, even if that means having more questions for us :) Good luck! 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Napew said:

Thanks guys. And thinking about it. I think I do have a bit of a goal. I want a strong lean body. Something that is small and powerful I am sure I can do it and all. But I have a round problem. (Haha, made myself laugh.) 

Sounds pretty straight forward and certainly very doable! Loosing weight starts with getting nutrition under control, and getting into some good, simple workout habit with help with being powerful. Have you thought about doing one of the 4 week challenges here? It's a great way to get started :) 

The 4-week challenges are self-determined. You pick a couple of goals (usually one or two fitness, nutrition, and life goals) with measurable specifics and go after them for four weeks. 

Some people are working towards developing a specific ability (handstands and muscle ups are common ones I see in the Assassin forums, but those are both pretty advanced skills), while others work towards developing greater awareness of what they're currently doing (tracking their meals or spending or steps). Others still create habit-forming goals like drinking a certain amount of water, as @Lovejoy444 suggested, or eating a certain number of vegetables every day or doing some number or time of exercise regularly, or even flossing!

The great thing about 4-week challenges is that you get to set your goals based on what's important to YOU. The four week period is a helpful framework, giving you a set period to work on the goal, but once you're going you can of course continue your challenge beyond that. It's also nice because for the most part everyone starts together, so it's fun to find other people with similar goals and cheer for each other (adds accountability too). 

We're a little more than two weeks into the current challenge period, so you might choose to spend the next couple of weeks checking out other people's challenges and thinking about what you might like to do for yours. Or if you're ready to jump in, there's no rule that says you have to start at the beginning! I just started a challenge yesterday with the intent of using these last two weeks to get back into the challenge cycle. 

Hi Napew, and welcome! I'm new too and I'm also starting off reeeeaaally slowly. I'm right there with you, wanting to be generally fit! My current goals just involve eating three meals a day (instead of mindlessly grazing because that's my weakness), doing the basic body weight routine 3x/ week, and just sharing my progress here. I love NF because it's about starting right where you are and taking one little step at a time. What is one little thing you think you could improve on today? 

"It matters not how strait the gate; how charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate; I am the Captain of my Soul."

"Invictus"- William Ernest Henley