Ye Olde Ranger Guildhall: General Chatter

The door bursts open a ranger stepping in just in time for the door to fall shut again behind her:

"Order another round, people, and not the cheap stuff. I passed my written exam and you all get to celebrate with me. But only today, I have two weeks to prepare for the final practical testing. And I plan to ace it. But celebrate we must.

The ranger orders a huge pint of chai for herself, it's a thing here, and invites everyone to sit at the fire with her and and be merry.

I am training to become a trainer. In Germany, where I am, we have Turn- und Sportvereine, fitness clubs, of sorts. Membership is affordable and to train people there you have to get licensed. These licenses come in three grades: entry level (C), advanced (B), and (A). There's licenses for almost everything arobics, artistic gymnastics, dance, handball, tennis, step aerobics. I am getting the one called "Trainer C Fitness- und Gesundheitssport für Erwachsene und Ältere" (fitness and health sport for adults and elderly (=not for training kids)). We get 120 units of training and have to pass a written and a practical exam. Written was this past Sunday, practical, as I said: I have two weeks to prep.

Much excitement.

I'm gonna do a yoga sequence, since I haven't felt like doing one of those in forever, and then I am going to make myself one of those pints of chai for real.

• Like 10

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

3 hours ago, Katrin the Morag said:

"Order another round, people, and not the cheap stuff. I passed my written exam and you all get to celebrate with me. But only today, I have two weeks to prepare for the final practical testing. And I plan to ace it. But celebrate we must

I'll drink to that! Well done! 

• Like 2

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

4 hours ago, Katrin the Morag said:

The ranger orders a huge pint of chai for herself, it's a thing here, and invites everyone to sit at the fire with her and and be merry.

I'll join you in a pint of chai (tea). Congratulations on passing the written exam! You'll do great with the practical :loyal:

• Like 3

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

5 hours ago, Katrin the Morag said:

The door bursts open a ranger stepping in just in time for the door to fall shut again behind her:

"Order another round, people, and not the cheap stuff. I passed my written exam and you all get to celebrate with me. But only today, I have two weeks to prepare for the final practical testing. And I plan to ace it. But celebrate we must.

I am training to become a trainer. In Germany, where I am, we have Turn- und Sportvereine, fitness clubs, of sorts. Membership is affordable and to train people there you have to get licensed. These licenses come in three grades: entry level (C), advanced (B), and (A). There's licenses for almost everything arobics, artistic gymnastics, dance, handball, tennis, step aerobics. I am getting the one called "Trainer C Fitness- und Gesundheitssport für Erwachsene und Ältere" (fitness and health sport for adults and elderly (=not for training kids)). We get 120 units of training and have to pass a written and a practical exam. Written was this past Sunday, practical, as I said: I have two weeks to prep.

Much excitement.

I'm gonna do a yoga sequence, since I haven't felt like doing one of those in forever, and then I am going to make myself one of those pints of chai for real.

Congrats

tenor.gif

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

It's finally drying out a bit!  I can do some laundry again, and take (super quick) showers at home!  Here's hoping the rain holds off for a bit longer, and then sticks to something closer to normal levels for a while...

It's so nice to have clean pads again.  No more worrying about killing my team mates. :)

• Like 4

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

21 hours ago, Katrin the Morag said:

Congrats! Be rude not to keep you company, but caffeine and I have decided to part ways for a bit. A large ale for me!

• Like 3

"What does your heart tell you?" - Aragorn

Epic Quest: In the Footsteps of the Dúnedain: Aragorn's Journey

Current Challenge: The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Volume I: Courage

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27

Hey guys! Just fyi, ThinkGeek.com is having a huge spring sale this week:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/clearance/on-sale/?icpg=HP_Carousel_SpringClearance_1

Not that I'm encouraging you to abandon any financial goals or make any unwise purchases, but just in case you need some new workout tees ... ;) 

• Like 4

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 48

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2022 Books in Progress:

When Strivings Cease  |  Happiness Workbook The Gifts of Imperfection  |  Mistborn  |

On 5/9/2017 at 9:47 AM, SkyGirl said:

Hey guys! Just fyi, ThinkGeek.com is having a huge spring sale this week:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/clearance/on-sale/?icpg=HP_Carousel_SpringClearance_1

Not that I'm encouraging you to abandon any financial goals or make any unwise purchases, but just in case you need some new workout tees ... ;) 

I may or may not have issues with hoarding alllllll the water bottles and workout tees...... 

• Like 2

WEEK 1 - H2O X X X | FOOD X X X X | ZUMBA X | 
WEEK 2 - H2O
X ✓ ✓ XX️ X️  | FOOD ✓ ✓ ✓ ️ ️   | ZUMBA  | 
WEEK 3 - H2O 
X️ X️ ✓ ✓ ✓ ️ ️X️️| FOOD ✓ ✓ ✓ X️️  X️ ️️| ZUMBA ️️ | 
WEEK 4 - H2O 
◽◽◽◽◽ | FOOD ◽◽◽◽◽️| ZUMBA ️️ | 

Challenges: 1 | 23 | 45 | 6 | 7 | 8Current
Find me on: MyFitnessPal & Fitbit  [[My Character]]   

There is a beast in every woman, and it stirs when you put a barbell in her hands.

❚█═══════█❚

Rangers

The challenge is almost over, and I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm just not feeling much enthusiasm for week four. I feel kind of blah. But you know what? I'm not gonna quit. I will keep moving, because I'm not a person who quits. I'm a healthy person who does healthy person things, and healthy people find a way to keep moving, to keep eating healthy, to keep taking care of themselves, regardless of how they feel. I'm going to keep moving forward because I am worth it. I love myself enough to give me what I need (stick with the challenge) rather than what I want (sit on my but and eat junk). I care about myself too much to go back to the old life, even in a week where I don't feel much excitement for good choices and workouts. 

I'll tell you a secret. You are worth it too. You deserve good choices and healthy movement. Whether you feel like it or not you can harness the power of screw it to your advantage. Screw it is not a bad thing, but it does get used for evil a lot. Imperial Screw it: I don't wanna work out, screw it! I'll just sit on my butt and eat junk food. Rebellion Screw It: I don't feel like working out, screw it! I'm gonna work out anyway.

I'm not going to appeal to emotion this week because emotions are fickle, they fade, they are not always the best barometers of progress. I'm going to appeal to your cynical side. The giving up part of us is never happy no matter how much we slack off or waste time, so let's tell it to go bad word itself and feed what's good for us regardless of how we feel. In a week the decision of whether or not we worked out today isn't going to affect our mood or motivation, but it will affect our health, our progress and our bodies.

SCREW IT! and go workout.

• Like 12

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

So, Uh, what happens when we mark ignore user on our settings? Because apparently, somehow I marked a couple of people to ignore. Not sure how long that's been on.:redface-new: Sorry does it not let me then see their messages? Really wasn't trying for that at all.

• Like 1

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

On 5/14/2017 at 6:52 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm not going to appeal to emotion this week because emotions are fickle, they fade, they are not always the best barometers of progress. I'm going to appeal to your cynical side. The giving up part of us is never happy no matter how much we slack off or waste time, so let's tell it to go bad word itself and feed what's good for us regardless of how we feel

This spoke to me, and I needed it.... thank you. 

• Like 1

WEEK 1 - H2O X X X | FOOD X X X X | ZUMBA X | 
WEEK 2 - H2O
X ✓ ✓ XX️ X️  | FOOD ✓ ✓ ✓ ️ ️   | ZUMBA  | 
WEEK 3 - H2O 
X️ X️ ✓ ✓ ✓ ️ ️X️️| FOOD ✓ ✓ ✓ X️️  X️ ️️| ZUMBA ️️ | 
WEEK 4 - H2O 
◽◽◽◽◽ | FOOD ◽◽◽◽◽️| ZUMBA ️️ | 

Challenges: 1 | 23 | 45 | 6 | 7 | 8Current
Find me on: MyFitnessPal & Fitbit  [[My Character]]   

There is a beast in every woman, and it stirs when you put a barbell in her hands.

❚█═══════█❚

My kettlebells are here! Earlier someone had posted a great article on how to do a kettlebell swing. Does anyone have an equally helpful guide to turkish get-ups? Browsing the internet gives some conflicting information.

*looks hopefully in @Elastigirl's direction*

• Like 4

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

6 minutes ago, Kestrel Grey said:

My kettlebells are here! Earlier someone had posted a great article on how to do a kettlebell swing. Does anyone have an equally helpful guide to turkish get-ups? Browsing the internet gives some conflicting information.

Hooray kettlebells!

A couple of good ones :

http://rdellatraining.com/video-how-to-do-the-turkish-get-up-unweighted

• Like 3

Am under orders from the guild master to come and poke about here and introduce myself!

Am very excited to have found nerdfitness, and looking forward to talking to you some more. I currently have a sprained knee (went too hard in my new gymnastics class ) so I'm hoping to build a four week challenge that works around that. 

My big long term girl is to be fit and strong enough to do a stunt riding training day. In the shorter term, I want to do a cartwheel and a handstand, as well as attend kickboxing classes without feeling pain for days. Shortest term goal: fix my knee and get exercising again! 

• Like 5

Keladris the Bard
Current XP: 132
Current Challenge - Counting Wins
---------------------------------------------------------
Previous challenges:

Respawn

Limbering up
Going Forth
Lifting the thing
Exploring

Staying the course
Stabilising
Preparing

1 hour ago, Keladris said:

Am under orders from the guild master to come and poke about here and introduce myself!

Am very excited to have found nerdfitness, and looking forward to talking to you some more. I currently have a sprained knee (went too hard in my new gymnastics class ) so I'm hoping to build a four week challenge that works around that. 

My big long term girl is to be fit and strong enough to do a stunt riding training day. In the shorter term, I want to do a cartwheel and a handstand, as well as attend kickboxing classes without feeling pain for days. Shortest term goal: fix my knee and get exercising again! 

Welcome again. I forgot to mention in the other thread to check out the below link on how to build a first challenge.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

1 hour ago, Keladris said:

Welcome! Glad you joined us now instead of waiting for your knee to heals. Lots of fun goals you have, looking forward to hearing about all your adventures

On 5/18/2017 at 0:52 PM, Kestrel Grey said:

I forgot to give you this link. It has some good reminders of how to perform the TGU correctly. If you scroll to the bottom, it has a link to the free 21 day TGU program I used. It's simple, and designed to do in addition to your regular workout.

http://rdellatraining.com/how-to-have-beautiful-strength-with-the-turkish-get-up

• Like 1

Sooooo, I have a situation, y'all.

My sister went to our local secondhand store this afternoon and brought back a DVD copy of "Fellowship of the Ring," to replace our VHS copy that is wearing out. So far, so good. But later in the afternoon, she opened up the case to look at the enclosed booklet, and she gasped out loud and her face went white as a sheet.

There is a replica of the One Ring tucked into the corner of the case. I was going to post a photo to prove it, but she reminded me that we don't know a) what powers a replica might have, and b ) how photography affects Sauron's ability to locate the Ring. He might have learned to use the Internet in the last thousand years or so.

So my question is - what do I do now? Do I take it to Mordor? Do I keep it safely closed up in the case (like Frodo's envelope) and hope he doesn't find it? Am I inviting the Nazgul to come to my house if I dare try to keep it hidden?

Thoughts are appreciated. 

• Like 4

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2022 Books in Progress:

When Strivings Cease  |  Happiness Workbook The Gifts of Imperfection  |  Mistborn  |

Sooooo, I have a situation, y'all.

My sister went to our local secondhand store this afternoon and brought back a DVD copy of "Fellowship of the Ring," to replace our VHS copy that is wearing out. So far, so good. But later in the afternoon, she opened up the case to look at the enclosed booklet, and she gasped out loud and her face went white as a sheet.

There is a replica of the One Ring tucked into the corner of the case. I was going to post a photo to prove it, but she reminded me that we don't know a) what powers a replica might have, and b ) how photography affects Sauron's ability to locate the Ring. He might have learned to use the Internet in the last thousand years or so.

So my question is - what do I do now? Do I take it to Mordor? Do I keep it safely closed up in the case (like Frodo's envelope) and hope he doesn't find it? Am I inviting the Nazgul to come to my house if I dare try to keep it hidden?

Thoughts are appreciated. 

You wear it, and if the Nazgul come to your house, you bend them to your will. One Ring to rule them all, after all.

Or occasionally slip it on to escape nasty relatives and tiresome situations. Bilbo did it; it can't be all bad.

• Like 5

Battle Log

Lifetime Training Goals

2017 Goals

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

20 minutes ago, mightstone2k said:

You wear it, and if the Nazgul come to your house, you bend them to your will. One Ring to rule them all, after all.

Or occasionally slip it on to escape nasty relatives and tiresome situations. Bilbo did it; it can't be all bad.

That's the problem; my brother came home and immediately started shouting "THE WORLD IS MINE! THE WORLD IS MINE!".

These men of Gondor and their obsession with shiny things ...  *heavy sigh*

• Like 2

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

2022 Books in Progress: