• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tanktimus the Encourager

Tanktimus: Just Give Me All the Bacon and Eggs You Have

There are many protein powders out there to try, hopefully you'll find one that sits better with you. I recommend avoiding pea meal protein unless consumed immediately however. It seems to ferment and turn to a thick snotty texture. Not good.

I tried to blend pea protein powder to a chocolate milkshake. It was like a lumpy frosty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brovatar Korra said:

I tried to blend pea protein powder to a chocolate milkshake. It was like a lumpy frosty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I think I'm not gonna bother with Pea Protein. 

Today is a good day. I got lift day in (Bench and squat) and it went well. Lunch was chicken thighs sauteed with red bell pepper, coconut flakes, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, lime juice, salt, pepper and pineapple juice topped with mustard. (The recipe called for more complicated things to be done but I didn't feel like it). There was a recipe for a pineapple mango salad but I just had the pineapple with lunch and the mango with dinner (16 oz of each, hence the high carbs)

Totals 2,672 221 127 192 2,655 46  
Your Daily Goal  2,652 165 118 232 2,300 38  
Remaining -20 -56 -9 40 -355 -8  
  Calories 
kcal
Carbs 
g
Fat  
g
Protein 
g
Sodium 
mg
Fiber
g
  • Like 11

On 5/16/2017 at 1:45 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I think I'm going to have to go back to beef isolate or try caesin, whey in powder form doesn't agree with me (though I can have it in protein bars no problem). 

I usually have a scoop each of whey and casein which seems to agree with me rather well :)  

• Like 1

MFP seems to get sodium wrong every time... 

Have you tried egg protein? Is basically dried concentrated eggwhites. I don't imagine it being too yummy, but perhaps mixing it into something else might do the trick

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

If you're doing it right then high carbs should also mean high fiber.

*checks Tank's food journal*

Yep, you're doing it right. ^_^

Plenty o fiber.

11 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I usually have a scoop each of whey and casein which seems to agree with me rather well :)  

It may be just the particular whey protein by itself.

10 hours ago, Agnarr said:

MFP seems to get sodium wrong every time... 

Have you tried egg protein? Is basically dried concentrated eggwhites. I don't imagine it being too yummy, but perhaps mixing it into something else might do the trick

I haven't seen any, I'll keep an eye out for it.

Today is a good day. I got 3 miles in today and got some housekeeping stuff done for the wedding and the upcoming move. Dinner was Korean Beef with Apple Power slaw. I took 1/4 c coconut aminos, two big cloves of garlic minced, a big chunk of fresh minced ginger, 1/5 tbsp sesame oil, 1.5 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp rice vinegar and some paprika and used that to marinate a 1.55 lb flank steak that had been blade tenderized in the store. I cooked it to medium in a skillet and thin sliced it, then I boiled the leftover marinade for two minutes to make a sauce. I served that over the apple power slaw. I mixed 1/4 c olive oil, a fresh squeezed lime, 1/2 tbsp fish sauce, 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp rice vinegar, 1 tbsp honey, and fresh chopped mint. I added a package of power slaw, half a sliced red onion, and a chopped granny smith apple and stirred it up. It was garnished with sliced green onion.

Mi Prometida took a picture:

Image may contain: food

I ate twice that much :D 

I had posted calories but I realized MFP calculated the meat wrong. I have an extra 245 calories to eat!

• Like 12

11 hours ago, Sam Ashen said:

Who called my middle name?

Sam The-War-on-Sodium-Needs-to-End Ashen

2 hours ago, Xena said:

Jealous of the powerslaw! Wish we had HEB :-)

It has totally ruined me for other grocery stores.

I gave the protein powder another try last night to find the last calories. I made a pudding like thing with the protein, cocoa powder, maple syrup and a little water. It tasted good. I'm gonna not have any of the protien powder today to see what happens. It may only have been a dosage issue or something.

Final calories last night.

Totals 2,677 135 145 207 3,364 22  
Your Daily Goal 2,701 168 120 236 2,300 38  
Remaining 24 33 -25 29 -1,064 16  
  Calories 
kcal
Carbs 
g
Fat   
g
Protein 
g
Sodium  
mg
Fiber
g
  • Like 10

That dinner just made me hungry... :'D You're a wonderful cook!! Glad to hear that the move and wedding arrangements are coming along, too :)

• Like 1

On 5/18/2017 at 9:04 AM, Ensi said:

That dinner just made me hungry... :'D You're a wonderful cook!! Glad to hear that the move and wedding arrangements are coming along, too :)

Thanks, it was amazing.

Yesterday was a good day. No GI issues, so I'm thinking I can handle one scoop of the powder. I also didn't drink it, but used much less water. Maybe that has something to do with it. I used a variance yesterday and calories were closeish to target anyway, though it was panera bread so I was basically carb loading. I did NF Yoga Fire A, cleaned my apartment and did the minimizing I had planned. Two big black trash bags full of stuff to throw away, which I did, and 1 and a half to donate (haven't yet). That will help with the move. No calories because I didn't track dinner. It was over, as I have said. 

I do want to point out as well Mi Prometida and I have spent the last two evenings building with legos. She mentioned wanting to play with them at some point, assuming they were buried beyond recall. They were in fact easy to find, so we've been building stuff, mainly space ships. She and I have different building styles, and it's fun to see how we make stuff. I told her last night I never, in all those years I was building stuff, thought I'd ever be building stuff with a hot girl. I also mentioned younger me (like 4th grade through 6th or 7th) would not have believed LEGOs with a girl would be fun.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I do want to point out as well Mi Prometida and I have spent the last two evenings building with legos. She mentioned wanting to play with them at some point, assuming they were buried beyond recall. They were in fact easy to find, so we've been building stuff, mainly space ships. She and I have different building styles, and it's fun to see how we make stuff. I told her last night I never, in all those years I was building stuff, thought I'd ever be building stuff with a hot girl. I also mentioned younger me (like 4th grade through 6th or 7th) would not have believed LEGOs with a girl would be fun.

:D childhood dreams came true? There is just something about Lego's. Who can resist them?

• Like 1

Building Legos sounds like a fun date night. 

I'll have to check and see if my store has Power Slaw, that looks good. Costco has something similar, but it's Costco sized.

• Like 2