• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jean de Muret

Mental health board

8 posts in this topic

Mental health is a large part of health and sometimes there are mental health blocks to our physical health whether it be fear, depression, anxiety, anorexia, bulimia, or just procrastination habits. I feel we need a place to talk about, seek help for, give support for, or just vent about mental health. If we already have a dedicated board for this just ignore this, but if not I do think a dedicated board specifically for mental health would be relevant and welcome.

1 person likes this

There's no dedicated board. But I think it does come up often enough that a dedicated board would be useful.

Perhaps even make it a new guild. Wizards focus on mental health and overcoming unseen obstacles. Just a thought. I would at the very least like to see a dedicated board.

I'd totally dig a board (maybe in the off-topic forums) for this! Mental health struggles with emotional eating and beliefs around money have been really coming up for me lately and having a space to talk about things like that would be awesome.

Would this be a sub-board to Level Up Your Life or a sub-topic to Non-Fitness? 

What would be the objective of the board?  To serve as an area for sharing struggles and sharing triumphs? 

Personally, I see these areas as ones needing professional help; however, emotional support from the community for the struggles and triumphs is important.  I am on board (snicker) with the creation of an area to consolidate and direct people, but the purpose needs to be clear so that members do not misuse it.  I hope the forum leadership recognizes the need and finds a way to properly implement a solution.

A guild is an interesting idea, but maybe not the best implementation since the guilds are directed around fitness disciplines and goals. 

2 people like this

To some extent, mental health weaves its way into many of the challenges and quite a few people talk honestly about what they're going through.  To the credit of the community, I have seen nothing but support from fellow Rebels and quite a few people are open to saying that they are going or have gone through similar struggles.

1 person likes this

From what I have seen in other forums, anything dedicated to mental and emotional wellness goes to pot fairly quickly. It ends up being a place where people over-share, air grievances, and where predators circle looking for people who are vulnerable. I feel like it is a bad idea.

1 person likes this

On 6/16/2017 at 11:28 AM, Mr.Six said:

To some extent, mental health weaves its way into many of the challenges and quite a few people talk honestly about what they're going through.  To the credit of the community, I have seen nothing but support from fellow Rebels and quite a few people are open to saying that they are going or have gone through similar struggles.

On 6/21/2017 at 8:03 AM, ZFJango said:

From what I have seen in other forums, anything dedicated to mental and emotional wellness goes to pot fairly quickly. It ends up being a place where people over-share, air grievances, and where predators circle looking for people who are vulnerable. I feel like it is a bad idea.

QFT. You'll see accoutabilabudy groups form, and last for about one challenge. There's a great support network that thrives through the 4 week challenges, and anyone interested in mental health support should flip through the various guilds. While druids have a insider reputation as the mental health guild, all guilds have people trying to make progress in that area.

2 people like this