• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Athaclena

Athaclena - the progress continues....

I've decided to go for it.  It will be a BIG change (IF I get it).  But change is good.  I realized, actually, that I've gotten very comfortable where I am and it's probably time to shake things up a bit.  Honestly - after 4 years I usually jump ship to another company (I've been here 4.5 years, the LONGEST I've stayed somewhere) - so maybe this time I can shake things up and STAY at the same company.

As for my challenge..... It's been pretty much failure on my step counts - so I'm keeping it at 3k per day this week and try to focus more on that.  Everything else has been pretty smooth sailing.  Even hitting my calorie goals.  And I'm starting to notice I'm feeling less like a big fat blob.  Of course I'll go throw on those skinny jeans and fix that LOL.  If I get the new job, I'll have to take an incremental "up" in my wardrobe because I'll be right below Executive Management - so I'll need to dress the part.  EEK!  I may need to meet face to face with Executive Management for interviews.  Oh crap - I need a new suit.  Guess I'm going shopping next week!

Oh - and I'm not counting calories tomorrow - Tea with the Girlz - there will be tea, munchies and much laughter with a bunch of friends who are extremely busy, but we set aside one day a quarter to do our DAMNDEST to get together and hang out a few hours.

Week 2 roundup! - overall B - I'm making progress which is what I'm focusing on....
Food Journaling with Calorie Limits

Stayed w\in about 100 calories each day (except Sunday) - A-

Probiotic - REMEMBER IT

Remembered it every day! - A

WALK

Only hit it 2 days this week (3 if I make it today - which I probably will) - D

Sleep

Caught my Zzzzz's..... A

Checking in here
Checked in with the threads I'm following - wish I had time to follow more! A

• Like 2

Put on freshly washed jeans this morning.  They fit!  Not my "skinny" jeans, but these had started getting tight too.  So - measurable progress. HUZZAH!!!

Now to keep the proverbial ball rolling.  I got in my 3k steps yesterday - gotta do it again today!

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Athaclena said:

Put on freshly washed jeans this morning.  They fit!  Not my "skinny" jeans, but these had started getting tight too.  So - measurable progress. HUZZAH!!!

Huzzah indeed! I love that feeling :D

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Athaclena said:

Now to keep the proverbial ball rolling.  I got in my 3k steps yesterday - gotta do it again today!

Congrats. I know that feeling when your like "Wow, this is actually working." Keep up the good work and we all have days where we don't track calories because we are actually hanging with friends (Mine were this weekend) and I confess to walking laps of the house to get my step goals too. Great job.

• Like 3

With the awesomeness that was jeans fitting - while I didn't TRACK my food - I didn't celebrate by eating everything in sight either.  I probably went a bit over in calories - but again - not much.  AND I got my steps in!

It's rainy and yucky outside.  And I'm working on tedious stuff this morning - but it has to get done.  I'm headed up to NJ (via Philly) this afternoon - so now to continue to stay on track on the road.  Say it with me - NO BURGERS\FRIES FOR DINNER AT THE HOTEL!!!!

I'm hoping that my foot swelling starts to go down a bit so I can wear some "normal" flats soon.  That would be a major bonus.  I HATE having cankles!

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Athaclena said:

With the awesomeness that was jeans fitting - while I didn't TRACK my food - I didn't celebrate by eating everything in sight either.  I probably went a bit over in calories - but again - not much.  AND I got my steps in!

It's rainy and yucky outside.  And I'm working on tedious stuff this morning - but it has to get done.  I'm headed up to NJ (via Philly) this afternoon - so now to continue to stay on track on the road.  Say it with me - NO BURGERS\FRIES FOR DINNER AT THE HOTEL!!!!

I'm hoping that my foot swelling starts to go down a bit so I can wear some "normal" flats soon.  That would be a major bonus.  I HATE having cankles!

Great job on the food and the steps. Going over just a bit is okay considering some celebration should be had. Good luck on your trip. I am sure you will do great.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Athaclena said:

I HATE having cankles!

I feel this. After my ankle break I have mismatched ankles. One shoe is always tighter. And I'm also acutely aware of the cold weather xD

Good job with your goals! You are doing well :P

• Like 1

Quick mid-week check in.  Doing well this week!  Need to keep it up!  Oh - and work slacks are getting a bit loose.  I, uh, may need to go shopping - like soon!  The job opening hasn't been posted yet - so no movement there other than encouragement from co-workers to go for it!

Stayed w\in about 200 calories each day (except Sunday) 

Probiotic - REMEMBER IT

Remembered it every day! 

WALK

Sunday through yesterday - hit my 3k goal.  Should hit today's as well (by the time I finish airport hiking this evening)

Sleep

Acid Reflux sucks.  I didn't dig my Zantac out and take it Monday night - and I really, really should have.  By the time I did, the damage was done.  I got MAYBE 4 hours of sleep.  Caught all my Zzzzz's last night - but still had trouble getting up this morning - BUT managed it with enough time to finish throwing stuff into my bag and make it to the client site on time.

Checking in here
Posting this - and about to take a few to catch up on other threads I'm following.  

• Like 4

On 2017-04-28 at 2:45 PM, Athaclena said:

I know I can DO the job - but it involves stepping back from being technical - and puts me in a role of cat herding (more or less).  BUT - some of the things that frustrate me is my inability in my current role to actually impact real change to make the consultant's lives better - but if I move up - I have a reasonable ability to do that in a million small ways, and maybe even some big ones.  AND it makes me infinitely more hirable outside into Director positions - meaning when I'm ready to jump ship and stop traveling, I won't have to take a HUGE salary cut to do so (in the area we're looking to move to).

15 hours ago, Athaclena said:

The job opening hasn't been posted yet - so no movement there other than encouragement from co-workers to go for it!

giphy.gif

If your co-workers think you can do the job, and you think you can do the job, then I KNOW you can do it! (And probably do it quite well!) Plus there is a possibility of long term benefits there, the only sucky thing is losing the hands on. I know my boss misses it and looks for excuses to help us code whenever he can, maybe you'll be able to find opportunities like that too. :) Get your resume/cv ready! :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hymnusal said:

If your co-workers think you can do the job, and you think you can do the job, then I KNOW you can do it! (And probably do it quite well!) Plus there is a possibility of long term benefits there, the only sucky thing is losing the hands on. I know my boss misses it and looks for excuses to help us code whenever he can, maybe you'll be able to find opportunities like that too. :) Get your resume/cv ready! :D

The NICE thing is, I have an idea for a "killer app".  So if I'm not doing technical stuff for WORK, I'm more likely to work on it in my spare time.  Then get it out there, get people using it, get businesses using it, then sell it and retire LOL.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Athaclena said:

Quick mid-week check in.  Doing well this week!  Need to keep it up!  Oh - and work slacks are getting a bit loose.  I, uh, may need to go shopping - like soon!  The job opening hasn't been posted yet - so no movement there other than encouragement from co-workers to go for it!

Stayed w\in about 200 calories each day (except Sunday) 

Probiotic - REMEMBER IT

Remembered it every day! 

WALK

Sunday through yesterday - hit my 3k goal.  Should hit today's as well (by the time I finish airport hiking this evening)

Sleep

Acid Reflux sucks.  I didn't dig my Zantac out and take it Monday night - and I really, really should have.  By the time I did, the damage was done.  I got MAYBE 4 hours of sleep.  Caught all my Zzzzz's last night - but still had trouble getting up this morning - BUT managed it with enough time to finish throwing stuff into my bag and make it to the client site on time.

Checking in here
Posting this - and about to take a few to catch up on other threads I'm following.  

First off, its great news about the pants and the job. Fingers crossed on the later. Doesn't it feel good that your seeing some progress

Good work with your probotic and calories. Although I can whole heartly agree about the acid Reflux. I am on nexium daily and if I forget it, I kinda wish I could just die. Glad you still got some sleep and made it to where  you needed to be on time.

Keep it up,  your doing great

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

First off, its great news about the pants and the job. Fingers crossed on the later. Doesn't it feel good that your seeing some progress

Good work with your probotic and calories. Although I can whole heartly agree about the acid Reflux. I am on nexium daily and if I forget it, I kinda wish I could just die. Glad you still got some sleep and made it to where  you needed to be on time.

Keep it up,  your doing great

Now to keep it up - right?!

I was on prilosac daily for a few months when my gut was all messed up.  The gastro was like - great it works for you!  But if you can't come off of it, we need to take a look to see if we can determine what's wrong.  So to avoid "the probe" - I stepped down and added the probiotic and now I only need an occasional Zantac.  I was pretty sure it was just that my gut flora\fauna was off - just hadn't done anything to correct it - although my family DOES have a history of such issues - but again - I think most of it is crap diet.

I also WAS a "splenda-holic" - and I've seen some anecdotal evidence that artificial sweeteners CAN impact your internal flora\fauna.  So I've cut it out as well and gone strictly with Stevia as my no-calorie sweetener of choice. Now I'm back to only having "issues" when I eat too much too close to bed time (which is what happened Monday) or something really spicy.  I just need to be mindful when I do either - I need to take a Zantac so I don't have those issues - and keep up with the probiotic to help head off the rest!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Athaclena said:

Now to keep it up - right?!

I was on prilosac daily for a few months when my gut was all messed up.  The gastro was like - great it works for you!  But if you can't come off of it, we need to take a look to see if we can determine what's wrong.  So to avoid "the probe" - I stepped down and added the probiotic and now I only need an occasional Zantac.  I was pretty sure it was just that my gut flora\fauna was off - just hadn't done anything to correct it - although my family DOES have a history of such issues - but again - I think most of it is crap diet.

I also WAS a "splenda-holic" - and I've seen some anecdotal evidence that artificial sweeteners CAN impact your internal flora\fauna.  So I've cut it out as well and gone strictly with Stevia as my no-calorie sweetener of choice. Now I'm back to only having "issues" when I eat too much too close to bed time (which is what happened Monday) or something really spicy.  I just need to be mindful when I do either - I need to take a Zantac so I don't have those issues - and keep up with the probiotic to help head off the rest!

That is the hard part.

I have been on meds for Acid reflux since I was 23 I think. We actually did the math and before the Nexium came off patent it was cheaper for us to pay for the meds than keep me in tums. I keep worrying they are going to start messing with things, but so far I am still okay after over 10 years. Most days if I take it I am fine, but occasionally I need dairy and starch to calm it down (Dairy to counteract the acid, starch to soak it up).

I can see the artificial sweetener stuff messing with things. Hopefully it is something as simple as things were off for a bit and you are slowly getting it back to where it needs to be. Honestly, I do wish mine was that simple.  As long as it is working, I think that is a much simpler plan and I am always a fan of less medicine.

On 5/5/2017 at 7:37 AM, Bean Sidhe said:

That is the hard part.

I have been on meds for Acid reflux since I was 23 I think. We actually did the math and before the Nexium came off patent it was cheaper for us to pay for the meds than keep me in tums. I keep worrying they are going to start messing with things, but so far I am still okay after over 10 years. Most days if I take it I am fine, but occasionally I need dairy and starch to calm it down (Dairy to counteract the acid, starch to soak it up).

I can see the artificial sweetener stuff messing with things. Hopefully it is something as simple as things were off for a bit and you are slowly getting it back to where it needs to be. Honestly, I do wish mine was that simple.  As long as it is working, I think that is a much simpler plan and I am always a fan of less medicine.

I never had a problem before - but I remember BOTH of my parents using a lot of antacids when I was younger.  Of course there were probably extenuating circumstances.  I know PART of my issue is weight basically pushing the acid up - and I'm a right side sleeper trying to learn to sleep on my left side.  I also know I have to make sure my food is digested before I lie down or I have issues - and avoid spicy foods.  I sometimes just flat ignore what I'm supposed to do - and pay the price.

And of course, while I hate taking pills, if I (or someone else) need to, take the damn pill.  Unfortunately I had a doc that just prescribed pills rather than addressing the underlying cause so I had a vicious cycle of BP from weight vs. beta blockers taking my energy and tanking my metabolism, thus gaining weight and raising my BP, repeat.  I wanted OFF that train.  Her response was to lose the weight first - which I literally COULDN'T do while on the beta blockers - so I took 3 months, stepped down the blockers and upped my walking as I got more energy and did it myself (with my BP staying w\in parameters).  Of course I then stopped the walking and gained the weight back - but my pressure isn't nearly as high so I think more was stress related than I wanted to admit.  Now I just need to get BACK to finishing what I started - and a less stressful (in spite of the travel) job is helping......

Anyway - checking in....

Stayed w\in about 200 calories each day (except Sunday) - B+ so far

Probiotic - REMEMBER IT

Remembered it every day! - A+

WALK

Hit my 3k goal 5 of 7 days.  Will go ahead and up to 3.5K for next week.  B+

Sleep

Other than the Acid Reflux day - I've been catching my ZZZZ's - A

Checking in here
Doing well again this week! A

• Like 4

On 5/6/2017 at 1:28 PM, Athaclena said:

Anyway - checking in....

Stayed w\in about 200 calories each day (except Sunday) - B+ so far

Probiotic - REMEMBER IT

Remembered it every day! - A+

WALK

Hit my 3k goal 5 of 7 days.  Will go ahead and up to 3.5K for next week.  B+

Sleep

Other than the Acid Reflux day - I've been catching my ZZZZ's - A

Checking in here
Doing well again this week! A

I understand all the issues for the pills. And I am on the same course. If I get healthy, I can get off the blood pressure pill. the Nexium, maybe even that. But right now, the Blood pressure one is the one I want off.

Grades look good this week. Keep it up. I am sure you will be hitting 3.5K in no time.

• Like 2

This week is the suck.  Haven't been making my walking goals.  Doing everything ELSE though.  I WILL NOT QUIT \ DISAPPEAR THOUGH!!!!  That way leads to totally slipping back.  Just need to figure out how to get walking more incorporated and make it a habit - exercising is the last key.  Just - BLARGH!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Athaclena said:

This week is the suck.  Haven't been making my walking goals.  Doing everything ELSE though.  I WILL NOT QUIT \ DISAPPEAR THOUGH!!!!  That way leads to totally slipping back.  Just need to figure out how to get walking more incorporated and make it a habit - exercising is the last key.  Just - BLARGH!

Do your hotels have gyms? I know treadmills suck but they're an option?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Do your hotels have gyms? I know treadmills suck but they're an option?

I'm home this week.  Weather sucked.  Then migraine - and today I just have 0 energy.  I did clean the guest bathroom though.  So - huzzah or something....

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Athaclena said:

I'm home this week.  Weather sucked.  Then migraine - and today I just have 0 energy.  I did clean the guest bathroom though.  So - huzzah or something....

I feel like everyone is hitting a funk right now. This is weird. Sorry it's been shitty. Cleaning a bathroom is certainly an achievement though.

• Like 1

On 2017-05-09 at 11:30 PM, fleaball said:

I feel like everyone is hitting a funk right now. This is weird.

I noticed that too.

On 2017-05-09 at 7:14 PM, Athaclena said:

^ this is like the theme of the week or something. But I'm with you. Not quitting, not now. Keep with us :)  we'll make it to the other side of this suck patch and rock it afterwards!

• Like 1

Since my thread is not only still on the first page, but in the top 3rd - I'm going with EVERYONE is having a rough time this week and go with that.  I had a serious migraine yesterday and ended up having to lie down for a couple of hours between meetings.  It means I'm behind in what I'd planned to do on one of my projects (but still good on the project timeline).  I'm just juggling 8 balls at work at the moment.....

I've had "spots" of getting stuff done.  The bathroom is now completely clean and I've made some progress in my office.  Still have some stuff to take out to the trash and into the Jeep for a trip to GoodWill (or similar) - BUT - I think there's room to put a couple of people in here in sleeping bag and\or air mattress.  We're having some folks over for a gaming weekend next weekend so need to have some clean(ish), out of the way so people can sleep areas.

Now to find the energy to clean off the dining room table and work on the grill this weekend so I can grill out when folks over over NEXT weekend....

Still good on everything BUT steps and a bit behind on checking in other's threads.  If I get another rush of energy, I still may make my goal today.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Athaclena said:

Since my thread is not only still on the first page, but in the top 3rd - I'm going with EVERYONE is having a rough time this week and go with that.  I had a serious migraine yesterday and ended up having to lie down for a couple of hours between meetings.  It means I'm behind in what I'd planned to do on one of my projects (but still good on the project timeline).  I'm just juggling 8 balls at work at the moment.....

I've had "spots" of getting stuff done.  The bathroom is now completely clean and I've made some progress in my office.  Still have some stuff to take out to the trash and into the Jeep for a trip to GoodWill (or similar) - BUT - I think there's room to put a couple of people in here in sleeping bag and\or air mattress.  We're having some folks over for a gaming weekend next weekend so need to have some clean(ish), out of the way so people can sleep areas.

Now to find the energy to clean off the dining room table and work on the grill this weekend so I can grill out when folks over over NEXT weekend....

Still good on everything BUT steps and a bit behind on checking in other's threads.  If I get another rush of energy, I still may make my goal today.

So its not just you that has hit that funk. I am behind where I want to be too, and honestly, I actually just laid on the couch yesterday for over an hour and zoned out. It was weird since I never do that.

For the steps, try walking laps of the house, its boring as all get out (I would honestly use a treadmill first since then I can at least watch TV, but its is something. I hope you feel better and I am sure you will have the house in shape for company. Just do what you can when you can.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

So its not just you that has hit that funk. I am behind where I want to be too, and honestly, I actually just laid on the couch yesterday for over an hour and zoned out. It was weird since I never do that.

For the steps, try walking laps of the house, its boring as all get out (I would honestly use a treadmill first since then I can at least watch TV, but its is something. I hope you feel better and I am sure you will have the house in shape for company. Just do what you can when you can.

I have 0 excuse.  I'm in a quiet neighborhood (even if I don't quite get along with most of my neighbors).  I even have a treadmill IN FRONT OF THE TV - it's just loud so I have to turn the volume WAAAY up to hear.

I did make progress on cleaning my office - gonna make some more progress there tonight - and get the hot tub back to usable.  Then investigate what needs to be done with the grill.

Oh - and realized I haven't been tracking food the last 2 days.  *sigh* So need to go enter that info.

Just need to get OUT of this funky funk.  I DO now have Tix opening weekend for Wonder Woman - and going to see it with 2 strong female friends.  GIRL POWER!  So there's that to look forward to :)

Now - back to finishing up that stored procedure that has been kicking my butt......

• Like 3

Wait - STOP EVERYTHING!  I HAVE IT!

I've been wanting to watch Supernatural for quite a while.  I'm pretty sure EVERY SEASON is on Netflix.  I have a Roku - and I'm PRETTY sure I can use the headphone jack on the remote to listen.  And if not - it's not like I don't have tablets (yes, plural) I can't stream to.  Which means I can ALSO download and use that while on the road.

So - I'm making the following commitment.

1) I'm going to start from Season 1, Episode 1 of Supernatural - so I can FINALLY watch it
2) I'm ONLY allowed to watch Supernatural if I'm working out.  Period.  Doesn't matter if I"m only walking 1mph at this point.

This starts tonight - if I have to figure out a way to mount my table to the treadmill......

• Like 3