• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

On 5/13/2017 at 0:58 PM, RedStone said:

Run yesterday, lift this morning. Today's oly stuff was better than last week. (I blame sharks!) Elbow is ouchie, but getting much better. Not doing anything that aggravates it, but that initial scare was obviously just that! Seems like it's aaaalll good and getting better! Should be fine for the dash next week! Off to see GOTG2 soon, can't wait!!! :D 

Hardcore on the bottom row squat! Also very glad to hear that your elbow is doing better. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trickstur said:

That beard is the beard one gets when they finish catching up on your posts, right? 

HEY MISTER!!! Look who's foruming!! :D From what I can tell, 2/3rds of this thread is a conversation about math education... to be honest I'm really falling off this one. Just trying to get used to the new schedule got me like WOAH :ambivalence:

1 hour ago, trickstur said:

Hardcore on the bottom row squat! Also very glad to hear that your elbow is doing better. :)

Thanks! I'm relieved and feel like maybe I over reacted when it hapenned. I was really nervous because Mr Red broke his ulna laterally after a fall like that and, well, you know. No bigs and I'm trying to just keep trucking! Excellent to see you active here! :D:D:D Even if I am just counting the days to the next challenge lol

• Like 4

Today's biz:

Morning at TSA

T&F

2X WAC

10X Banded Reverse Shoulder Press

10X Dive Bomber Pushups

10X Ring Rows

BB Clean and Press

5X5 72.5#

BB Floor Press

4X6 85#

3X Circuit (15X on all 3rd rep)

12X Ring Pushups

12X DB Lat Raises 12#

12X DB Upright Rows 15#

Evening at A/S

5X10 BW Dips

5X Monkey bar cross

Bunch of stretching and rolling and bridges and shit

3X10 Ab Wheel

• Like 10

Glad things are shaping into a sorta routine. 

And that elbow is not being so terrible.

Btw, your workout notes, divided by color, make me happy.   Like an internet forum post BuJo neatness.

• Like 4

On 5/15/2017 at 9:38 PM, RedStone said:

Just trying to get used to the new schedule got me like WOAH :ambivalence:

How's that been going? Still a headache? 

No bigs and I'm trying to just keep trucking! Excellent to see you active here! :D:D:D Even if I am just counting the days to the next challenge lol

Better to be a tad over worried than not worried enough and have something more drastic happen later. Also, I'm trying to stay more up to date and I've been writing on my battle log occasionally. Trying to be better about that too. :)

• Like 2

On 5/2/2017 at 11:05 AM, MaylaKae said:

I got a third love bra and "loved" it. I would recommend it!

Catching up on the thread and started with this post.  I had to read that multiple times.  For some reason, it went into my head as a third cup in your bra.  I was VERY confused.  I finally got it, though.  It's a brand, not an extra 'girl'.  Got it. 

HEY MISTER!!! Look who's foruming!! :D From what I can tell, 2/3rds of this thread is a conversation about math education... to be honest I'm really falling off this one. Just trying to get used to the new schedule got me like WOAH :ambivalence:

Thanks! I'm relieved and feel like maybe I over reacted when it hapenned. I was really nervous because Mr Red broke his ulna laterally after a fall like that and, well, you know. No bigs and I'm trying to just keep trucking! Excellent to see you active here! :D:D:D Even if I am just counting the days to the next challenge lol

Glad you are doing okay with the injury. 

Caught up.  So much awesome.  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Friday flex back pic.  SO SEXY AND STRONG!!!

• Like 5

I miss a week and it's become a damn novel. Looks good though.

Those bottom rack squats look gnarly though. Might have to add those in.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

GAH I've been out of it :o LITERALLY. Sleep has not been coming easy... lots of anxiety surrounding work, none of which is founded. I'm exhausted and lie down but can't sleep... last night was the first night I got 8 hours straight without help so I'm hoping the trend is over! I may take some melatonin the night before the dash, just in case :P 

I haven't been good about posting workouts. Monday was lifting, Tuesday I was dead and skipped my run until today. I also decided not to lift tomorrow so I felt super fresh for Saturday. I also had a picnic donut: maple glaze with bacon, pickles and sriracha. Pics below. It was boss. Food has not been great... Lately it's been <300cals until 3ish, then big lunch and dinner. I don't feel terrible... but I need to get into a better routine.

Wednesday:

T&F

2X Activation

2XD Banded monster walks

2XD Banded lat walks

12X Eccentric goblet squats 25#DB

Bottom Pin Squats

Ramp ups

5X5 135#

Speed Sumo Deadlifts

6X4 135#

(Boss came a took video, not sure if I did 6 or 7 sets.)

Stack cable Tri Pull downs 12kg

4X12

BW Dips

3X10 ish

Thursday:

4X 800m run, 400m walk

_____

WHAT????

YPwyj3q.jpg

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Grumble said:

looks like the cheeseburger donut I had last night, but better.

5 minutes ago, Yasha92 said:

O_o good lord those donuts... I've never even seen anything like that! Amazing o_o

All of it is extremely questionable... but also somehow quite fantastic? Somehow? I did take video of trying the thing... maybe I'll post it eventually...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Well, I guess I know where my limit is now.

Call it a soft limit. There's something kind of magical when the hot stuff hits the sweet stuff...

(Or don't... and more for me! :P)

57 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Well, I guess I know where my limit is now.

TBPH, I think I've seen that doughnut fly out of a zombie after it was shot a few times while watching my husband play Resident Evil...or at least something that looks a lot like it. Not sure. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

TBPH, I think I've seen that doughnut fly out of a zombie after it was shot a few times while watching my husband play Resident Evil...or at least something that looks a lot like it. Not sure. 

giphy.gif?response_id=591e40c7da7975fb86

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

a donut line has been crossed

tumblr_n8ey7jAO4B1s2wio8o1_500.gif 

Honestly, I feel like it was a mistake. thinking about going back there feels like jumping the shark... they really need to get fillable options, not just this one jam. Maybe if it were fillable with jam... I could roll with that biz! Or a boston cream pie, I mean come on...

• Like 6

Sooooo We went and did the thing! And it's the last day of the challenge! :D I am very happy that this challenge is over. Okay, first OCR impressions first, then challenge recap!

Warrior Dash weekend has been a pleasure. @ArgSki77 came out on Friday afternoon and it was stupid hot in my house so we sat on the deck for awhile, then went down by the river where there are a few nice foot paths and had a casual stroll about. We had a nice walk, which was cool because I had decided to ditch my lift in favor of feeling fresh for Saturday. Funny enough, we ran into Mr Red on the trail who was totally randomly there for the first time ever for unrelated reasons. Dinner in the out skirts of town, and then brunch the next morning near the race with @Sylvaa <3 and <3  @NeverThatBored. I made big talk of pancakes, but we all loaded up on eggs and reasonable things of that nature. I drank inappropriate amounts of coffee.

My first impression of the OCR... and the impression I got as we walked in to the grounds... honestly.... I didn't expect it to be so muddy. I know that sounds silly, but I kind of thought that that was specific to tough mudders. Sure... some dirt... splashes here and there, but seeing the people heading to the hoses afterwards -  that much mud??? WHAT??? It was... a lot of mud. Everywhere. I was in way over my head... Sylvaa and NTB  

BUT OKAY. So I was going to get muddy. Fine. We get in to the event and get sorted, and rendezvous with @Rebel Pilot Gar There was some standing around, and warming up (sort of, I forgot my strength band in bag check...) and me going to the port o potties 400 times cause inappropriate amounts of coffee. Then we kind of decided on a wave (we all had similar/different times), lined up, and waited for the pyrotechnics to send us on our merry way!

Then the race! We took off, and it wasn't the elbow throwing shoving situation I kind of imagined. Groovy. We all politely jogged in place/waiting for each other to get through the bottle neck. The first few stretched were the longest, ups and downs in a beautiful piece of mountain property. I ran a bit of of in the beginning and then rendezvoused with most of the party to do obstacles. We walked and ran the paths depending on how we felt :P and had a run in with some district (3?) nerds at one point. (I'm guessing 3 cause pretty good shape, well fed, and in awe of a district 1...) The obstacles were fun and not enough, I could do with a whole park of them and forget the running altogether! They were also pretty easy, imo, other than a few that preyed on fears like heights and the dark, and I'm glad this was my first, a good low pressure trial run through with knowledgable folks... they tell my the spartan will be more challenging. The hardest one for me was the last one, the seemingly unnecessary mud trench pass where you get in the mud and navigate under barbed wire. This is basically where everyone got actually muddy, and I got stuck for a bit after loosing my footing from the ground... THE MUD WAS SO THICK I could barely move!  I ended up getting flipped on my back like a turtle :P And then the after pictures... well I look a little dejected...

We hung out after, hosed off in the freezing, not sexy coed showers, wiped off and changed (SO MUCH MUD IN MY BRA) and used our free beer tickets before heading back. The sky had been cloudy all day and I think we got a little exhausted from the quiet sun that needled our skin. Mr Red def got a sunburn and I think Sylvaa said the same later. Argski and I were both pretty wiped when we got back, and did the pizza and movies before crashing. Civil War Avengers was kinda serious flavor for me, so I finished it off with Ant Man, which, whatever, was adorable.

Sunday would have been an awesome time for more decom, but the inlaw are visiting so we walked town and got foods and did some things. It was nice, but with visiting and work, the next few days are going to be hectic and I don't think I'll be able to have a chill day until the end of the week. 

All in all I really enjoyed the dash, it was awesome to hang out with everyone and play on some crazy and silly obstacles, and I'm absolutely looking forward to the Spartan! There is talk of a viking themed one in September... I'm treading lightly with commitment, but seriously considering. So far as training goes, I think i'll swap my distance running for trails out back, it seems that a little more incline/natural obstacles will be useful :D and probs continue strength and agility as normal training goes. More monkey bars...

0eBpOArl.jpg

• Like 13