• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

3 hours ago, Starpuck said:

All of this talk about running form (and I know I do not breath properly) and it makes me go... wait... there is potential to be less miserable during this activity?   Road trip for running teaches yes!

Can we also go to like, a water park or something? I heard it like... helps with running... or something.... cause oxygen? water? no?

Nerves and poor sleep make EVERYTHING HARD.   Hang in there chica.   There will be better-ness coming.

SO TRUE. More on this later but I just say a lecture about stress and what did they cover? Stress. Sleep. Water. Food. Over Training. BLeerrrgggg

That boat... that delicious looking boat.  O M G.   You have BuJo AND Food Pr0n.    You could almost start charging for this thread. ;)

For everything amazing I get out of this community, I figure sexy photos of food are the very least we can do! Truly. 

2 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

Awesome challenge you have here, Mere! Adventure time, Sexy BuJo, Firefly, Deadlifts, OCR goodness.....

Yes...the Ranger's guild is definitely the right place for you to be at the moment. You're cooky nature always puts a smile on my face!

Hey mister! I was wonderrrring when I'd be seeing you ;) ALL THE ANTICS!!!! RAWWWWRRR!!!! It's about time I showed up 'round your parts! And eventually I'll drop some vlogs, maybe over the weekend!!

giphy.gif

50 minutes ago, Jarric said:

Good luck for your interview tomorrow! You're gonna smash it!

I'm worn out just looking at all your challenge goals (and catching up with 3 pages on thread (on week zero (how???))).

Also, YOU NEED TO WATCH FIREFLY! Serenity not so much, but definitely Firefly.

P.S. I <3 Nathan Fillion

YAYY HIIIIIIIII Thank you! I... hope so lol Super looking forward to challenging with you this round! :D I will totally watch firefly one of these days lol maybe I'll have a full on challenge about it lmao

3 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

Chinups are also cool although when I do them on deadlift day it does end up testing my grip something rotten :)

Wait... chin ups are cool? :P It is totally a monster grip challenge for me... that's 100% why I'm using this as my 3rd grip day. Those chinup!!!  :o:o:o *shakes fist at sky

Preferred grip training:

giphy.gif

• Like 4

NEVER HAVE I SO BADLY WANTED TO BE A STRAW.

Ok... I kind of just full body blushed at that...

2 hours ago, raptron said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Wednesday! I got my tooth filled, thank goodness, but it still hurts a bit when I drink! Is that normal? I'm going to give it a few days before freaking out and calling the dentist, because the next step is extraction for this useless fucker. Blehhh :ambivalence:

Got a form and burpees in in the morning, and attended a webinar that I totally forgot about on "Mental and Physical Exercises for Long-Term Stress Management." Lots of talking about RHR and fight or flight, I thought about you more than once @miss_marissa :) Also @Sam Ashen of course! :P One of the interesting things came down to individual physiology commanding the need for more or less recovery time, and I'm very sensitive to this after my epic breakdown last year. This is the first week I'm reintroducing a 2/3 split since the summer, and I'm treading carefully and keeping good data to make sure I don't pass the thresh hold of poor decisions. 

Did get some interview clothing post tooth, pre webinar, and then training in the evening at TSA. I was feeling meh and fatigued, maybe 65%... but had a surprisingly easy session so apparently I had more. Even did my chin ups entirely without assistance, and took most of the pauses from a dead hang! :DIt's nice to see some progress hapenning there. Here's what today's activity has looked like so far. (I plan on sitting in some 3rd worlds in front of the tv after dinner. Which I NEED NOW LASAGNA HURRY UP AND COOK RAWR)

Morning:

Form

5X Burpees

Evening:

T&F

2XAWC

10X Band Dislocates

3X One Leg Lateral Box Jumps easi

10X Hip Hikes

4X Superset

4X DB Snatch 40# easi

4X One leg Box Jumps easi

Sumo Deadlifts

7X 135#

5X 155#

3X 175#

3X7 185#

3X Superset

15X KB Swings 50#

3,3,3* Chin ups (UNASSISTED FINALLY :D)

(*each set is 3, pause at the bottom, 3, pause, 3)

3X Chin ups (cause 30 is more pleasant to me than 27)

After stretches

_____

Tomorrow is weigh day... and I'm tempted to skip it. I'm feeling good in the head and don't want to mess that up. This is interesting... I hadn't really considered just... not doing it... until now. I'm just... not going to do it? Ok then! Done and done :D 

• Like 16

8 hours ago, RedStone said:

Tomorrow is weigh day... and I'm tempted to skip it. I'm feeling good in the head and don't want to mess that up. This is interesting... I hadn't really considered just... not doing it... until now. I'm just... not going to do it? Ok then! Done and done :D 

Just not doing a weigh in is probably a good move and something more of us could do with doing more often :)

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Yes.  Nathan Fillion <3

NEVER HAVE I SO BADLY WANTED TO BE A STRAW.

That is the most perfect caption in the history of anything.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, RedStone said:

Got a form and burpees in in the morning, and attended a webinar that I totally forgot about on "Mental and Physical Exercises for Long-Term Stress Management." Lots of talking about RHR and fight or flight, I thought about you more than once @miss_marissa :) Also @Sam Ashen of course! :P One of the interesting things came down to individual physiology commanding the need for more or less recovery time, and I'm very sensitive to this after my epic breakdown last year. This is the first week I'm reintroducing a 2/3 split since the summer, and I'm treading carefully and keeping good data to make sure I don't pass the thresh hold of poor decisions. 

YASSSS!!!! That sounds awesome and totally right up my alley! Any good tips?

• Like 1

On 4/19/2017 at 2:45 PM, RedStone said:

Hey mister! I was wonderrrring when I'd be seeing you ;) ALL THE ANTICS!!!! RAWWWWRRR!!!! It's about time I showed up 'round your parts! And eventually I'll drop some vlogs, maybe over the weekend!!

giphy.gif

I shoulda been here sooner if we're being honest with one another ;) And, YUSSSSS! Vlog all the things! #FormCheckIsAlsoButtCheck

20 hours ago, RedStone said:

Even did my chin ups entirely without assistance, and took most of the pauses from a dead hang!

What is this blasphemy?! 

-QTK37.gif

Well done, Mere ;)

Wolf

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mr_willes said:

Hi,

Took me a while to wander into here but ...

Re3jJ.gif

AWWW YEAHHH

6 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

YASSSS!!!! That sounds awesome and totally right up my alley! Any good tips?

Well... I'm sure you've come across a lot of it in your work... I guess some of the quick takeaways were to look for 5BPM>normal HRH = take a rest day, then there were a bunch of work "in" exercises for post workouts and before bed. Standard stuff, belly breathing, wall legs for time, and contractions which I like a lot... that always makes me feel better if I'm having trouble sleeping. And what to look for to determine if it's causing fight or flight... can you do it on a full stomach, if your mouth dry etc...

The bell curve of peak performance in it's relation to stress is really interesting, like, we want a certain amount of stress but not to go above it... but this can be physical or emotional as chemistry doesn't discriminate. And adults thoughts are 90% negative! That's so sad! Lots of CBT ideas on flipping the script towards positivity. ugh so much, now I want to go on but don't know where to start :P 

4 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Hello future OCR buddy! I'm here to follow along! 

HUZZAH!!!! :D 

1 hour ago, Wild Wolf said:

I shoulda been here sooner if we're being honest with one another ;) And, YUSSSSS! Vlog all the things! #FormCheckIsAlsoButtCheck

#donttemptme #activelytryingnottoflashtheinternet

1 hour ago, Wild Wolf said:

What is this blasphemy?! 

IKR??? It's my Rx... 1 set = 3 chinups --> deadhang -->3 chinups --> deadhang -->3 chinups - And this is supersetted with heavy KB ish!!! GAH! Someone's trying to kill me... but of course since it's hard I do them at home too :P cause I'm a glutton for punishment? :D 

5753054a9c3bb.gif

_____

Speaking of, that's basically all I've done today. A form this morning, interview, epic sandwich, some chinup/deadhang combos... laundry...anime... keeping it simple. Date night tonight, and possible room for a treat there? I did had half a scheduled treat yesterday (rice crispie pre workout treat), and have 2 more for the week. I'm having a little ick in my quads, gonna roll out and get my 3rd world in later. Last night I sat for about 1:15 before bed. 

Also need to figure out what a tiki picnic might consist of... if someone invited you to a tiki picnic, what might you expect?

OH! and the interview

Spoiler

went great :D Crushed it! Nailed all the test questions and literal quiz, and was told I have a calming aura and seem like someone that clients would be quick to trust. Now just a matter of seeing if my enthusiasm and willingness to do, pretty much anything, will beat out over my lack of experience. One down, another tomorrow. 

• Like 11

Oh my gosh there was a quiz??? I've only had that for government jobs! Wow!

Was curious how your interview went so finally figured out where you'd gone! And now see you got interviews everywhere! Hell yeah, lady!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Deciduous said:

Was curious how your interview went so finally figured out where you'd gone! And now see you got interviews everywhere! Hell yeah, lady!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had a speed math quiz (can you do 5 problems in under a minute) and a computer programming quiz for an interview - but it was for a software company.

Congrats on crushing the interview Red! Rinse, lather, and repeat tomorrow!!!!!!

• Like 2

I feel like a quiz or some kind of knowledge-y type thing makes sense for a trainer. And honestly I'm surprised more jobs don't require skill tests. 

Great job on crushing that interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Deciduous said:

I had a "quiz" going into consulting. To make sure I was familiar with Excel / PowerPoint and then a quick presentation to make sure I could do public speaking. 

Yay for the interview going well! 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Deciduous said:

HIIIEEEE!!!! :D 

10 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

YEAH FOR CRUSHING THE INTERVIEW!! 

9 hours ago, MikeWazowski said:

I had a speed math quiz (can you do 5 problems in under a minute) and a computer programming quiz for an interview - but it was for a software company.

Congrats on crushing the interview Red! Rinse, lather, and repeat tomorrow!!!!!!

4 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Awesome work in crushing the interview!!!

29 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I feel like a quiz or some kind of knowledge-y type thing makes sense for a trainer. And honestly I'm surprised more jobs don't require skill tests. 

Great job on crushing that interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

1 minute ago, Sylvaa said:

I had a "quiz" going into consulting. To make sure I was familiar with Excel / PowerPoint and then a quick presentation to make sure I could do public speaking. 

Yay for the interview going well! 

Thanks guys!!! I feel good about it. I did what I could... I def have had some performance based interviews in the past, for retouching for sure, having to do something on the spot. Also did a trial day for the company I ended up heading the photography department for, that was super fun. I guess more nerves cause untested water? Nothing like a little experience under your belt to boost the confidence! (And a lack there of going the other way...)

I was nervous about being asked for a sample program, which... of course they did :P I faltered for a minute, but pulled it out. No question this was my anxiety button! I worried about exactly that, and that's exactly where I faltered. But there was also a more medical/bio based one that was like second nature and we were laughing by the end of it. Always seems like a good thing if we're all laughing and being buds by the end! :D  

• Like 9

Very interesting date night last night... Mr Red and I ended up having a kind of heavy discussion about enabling negative behavior, and talked about some ways we could help each other reach certain goals. One of his comments was that with the meal planner, he forgets whatever planned pretty much after Tuesday, since he doesn't have access to the bujo, cause, my bujo :P (He also confided that he's thinking of starting his own bujo!!! AWWW YEAH)

So we brainstormed doing a shared spreadsheet that includes meal plans and also different accountability columns that could help us out. I figure there will be some trial and error, but cool to be working with him on a project like this! 

giphy.gif

Otherwise, today is interview #2, squat day, and I'm debating running tonight instead of tomorrow. I'm... wary of a 3/2 split after the stress lecture the other day, and scared it might be premature to make that jump before doing a 3/1 split for awhile first. Then again, it could be fine? I'm going to feel it out. Lou is keeping good tabs on me too. 

After interview/before training I'll go get some groceries for the weekend. I need something for lunch and dinner tomorrow. I don't usually go for meat substitutes, but I'm thinking maybe some seitan kebabs for tiki night? Chicken or whatever for me... IDK. Still researching. Pineapple makes sense...

Otherwise, HAPPY FRIDAY NERDS! Here's some chinup action from rest day. I don't know why I find it so hard to describe this sequence...

• Like 11

1 minute ago, RedStone said:

Very interesting date night last night... Mr Red and I ended up having a kind of heavy discussion about enabling negative behavior, and talked about some ways we could help each other reach certain goals. One of his comments was that with the meal planner, he forgets whatever planned pretty much after Tuesday, since he doesn't have access to the bujo, cause, my bujo :P (He also confided that he's thinking of starting his own bujo!!! AWWW YEAH)

So we brainstormed doing a shared spreadsheet that includes meal plans and also different accountability columns that could help us out. I figure there will be some trial and error, but cool to be working with him on a project like this! 

Before we went giant sized wall calendar, we had something similar to this that we used to write our weekly meal plan on. We also ended up getting a second one where we wrote down daily chores for the week too. We had a spreadsheet with links to recipes, but it was nice to have it at a glance for getting things ready.

• Like 3

Just now, Sylvaa said:

Before we went giant sized wall calendar, we had something similar to this that we used to write our weekly meal plan on. We also ended up getting a second one where we wrote down daily chores for the week too. We had a spreadsheet with links to recipes, but it was nice to have it at a glance for getting things ready.

yessss love that!!! Sadly last night was a bit more in the heavy range, discussing the bad things... more than the solutions. But we went to sleep (well... I know I did) feeling good about what we discussed, and said we'd spend tonight more on the logistics for potential solutions. I'll bring this up! Thanks! :D 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, RedStone said:

#donttemptme #activelytryingnottoflashtheinternet

#ButTemptingIsFun #ButtTemptingIsFun #WeKnowYou'reNotShy

IKR??? It's my Rx... 1 set = 3 chinups --> deadhang -->3 chinups --> deadhang -->3 chinups - And this is supersetted with heavy KB ish!!! GAH! Someone's trying to kill me... but of course since it's hard I do them at home too :P cause I'm a glutton for punishment? :D 

5753054a9c3bb.gif

You're always movin and groovin though so I think it balances itself out well :) I actually do my pullups similar to your style. 3-5 then 15-20 second deadhang. Rinse and repeat. I loooooove deadhang because of the shoulder stretch it gives!!

35 minutes ago, RedStone said:

I'm thinking maybe some seitan kebabs for tiki night? Chicken or whatever for me... IDK. Still researching. Pineapple makes sense...

GRILLED PINEAPPLE!!!! YUSSSS! That sounds yummy.

epic sandwich

???

6fa8aca0eca265b095b1e67c67b0d68d.jpg

Wolf

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

#ButTemptingIsFun #ButtTemptingIsFun #WeKnowYou'reNotShy

SIGH I know there is a progress report in my not too distant future :P Ditching the scale has done wonders for my head. Turns out gains are not as bad as I thought... :ph34r:

You're always movin and groovin though so I think it balances itself out well :) I actually do my pullups similar to your style. 3-5 then 15-20 second deadhang. Rinse and repeat. I loooooove deadhang because of the shoulder stretch it gives!!

I've never really done much with dead hangs! Actually, today is the first day I have specific programing for them, so we'll see how I do LOL

Lou is def a fan of different chin up and pull up sequences like that. Sometimes it's like 3,2,1... or 1,3,5 etc. Always with pauses between. How do you write that out? I never know how to explain it...

GRILLED PINEAPPLE!!!! YUSSSS! That sounds yummy.

Sooo good. Actually... it looks like the weather will be good for grilling tomorrow!!!! I could make honey/sriracha wings cause they're F*ing amazing!!! Now I'm excited!!! GAH!!! LZIGFLAIRFH;ZORIUNPOERUYHLASJ!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

???

:D:D:D 

1XGLigem.jpg

• Like 3