• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Blocky

Blocky joins Section 9

Section_9.png

I'm currently fascinated by everything Ghost in the Shell related. So my challenge will revolve around this and is my forst foray into themed challenges. I'm also going to include some small life goals to work on as well.

MAIN OBJECTIVES:

Maintain combat readiness:

Strengthen cybernetic components: Aiming to hit 15 'great lifting' days out or 20                      +1 STR (+1 STR for every 4 PR's / rep PR's)

Maintain cardio-respiratory functions: Do 20 hard conditioning days out of 35 total days          +1 CON

Upgrades:

Install reactive software: Do 15 days of jumps/tumbling/balance work                                        +1 DEX

Install combat subroutines: Do 15 days of combat related shenanigans                                    +1 DEX

LIFE GOALS:

Tachikoma maintenance: Get my van serviced and get new tyres                                              +1 WIS

Note: A tachikoma is a weird little spider-tank thingy that section 9 uses for vehicular combat.

Upgrade body armour: Get my hiking gear ready for hiking season              

Observe combat weight limits: Get my weight back down a little - aiming for 95kg +/- 1kg            +1 CON

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, Blocky said:

It took way longer than it should have...

^^^ Why I got out of graphic design :P At least I can appreciate good work when I see it!

(And you know how much I love cubes... so.)

• Like 2

In an effort to start with a clean slate for this challenge, I spent some time today changing shit around in my gym and giving it a bit of a clean:

20170416_091754.jpg20170416_091839.jpg

• Like 6

In an effort to start with a clean slate for this challenge, I spent some time today changing shit around in my gym and giving it a bit of a clean:

Yet another reason to move where to a place I can have more buildings on my property.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Had a really good day in the gym. Program called for 3 doubles at 147.5kg and I hit it easily with good technique. Had to hold myself back from doing more. Also did some deadlifts vs chains, Paused SSB squats vs bands, Seated Box jumps and lunges.

Morning cardio was cool - did a combination of crazyball swings and cycling for a totalof 140 swings and 23 mins cycling. Was struggling to breathe after the cycle sprints so happy with calling 'hard' for the purposes of challenge tracking. Also did some forward roll practice (25 total front rolls) and had another crack at that darned crow pose - got 5 seconds this time (but did it twice).

Food has been on point: kept it quite low carb so far (still have dinner to go) and no naughty snacks. Mrs Blocky is happy to do another stint on AIP so I should see some weight loss from that.

Here's my Rolling and crow pose:

And here's todays 3rd set of skwaats at 147.5kg:

Fitness Goals:

Strengthen cybernetic components (Good Lifting):         1/15

Maintain cardio-respiratory functions (Hard Cardio):       1/20

Install reactive software (Jumping/Gymnastics):               1/15

Install combat subroutines (Practice Martial Arts):            0/15

Life Goals:

Tachikoma maintenance (Van Service/Tyres):                  0/1

Upgrade body armour (Get hiking gear ready):                0/1  

Observe combat weight limits (Get to 95kg):                    0/1

And this is Saito - the sniper for Section 9. He has the ability to link his cybernetic brain and vision to military satellites for those extra long sniper shots:

6ab834a87e92c447367329d5789db38d.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/16/2017 at 6:09 AM, Blocky said:

*heavy breathing* 

Where do you live? Trying to find out if it is feasible to overtake your home gym.... want a training buddy??!??!?! (halfway joking) (ok really though? only like 5% joking...)

• Like 1

On 4/16/2017 at 7:09 AM, Blocky said:

<sighs longingly>

• Like 2

7 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

*heavy breathing* 

Where do you live? Trying to find out if it is feasible to overtake your home gym.... want a training buddy??!??!?! (halfway joking) (ok really though? only like 5% joking...)

You'll have to move to Australia... if you find the eastern-most point on the continent then I'm 2 hours north by car.

Neither my wife nor I like commercial gyms, so we used some tax return money and built our own (I had been hoarding cheap equipment for many (5+) years but never had a place to put it all).

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Blocky said:

You'll have to move to Australia... if you find the eastern-most point on the continent then I'm 2 hours north by car.

Neither my wife nor I like commercial gyms, so we used some tax return money and built our own (I had been hoarding cheap equipment for many (5+) years but never had a place to put it all).

Or alternatively, 22hrs drive from where I live... Although I recognize the lack of reference point still won't help.

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 1:57 AM, Blocky said:

Here's my Rolling and crow pose:

Both here an on instagram I watched your rolling for multiple minutes wondering where the crow pose was.

(spoiler: you have to click the arrow thingie)

Nice work on the crow pose! Tricksy, tricksy crows.

• Like 3

On 4/16/2017 at 4:09 AM, Blocky said:

gimme.

Had an excellent benchy bench session today. Went for a max single off a 1-board and got close to my all time max (got to 120kg today, failed at 125kg which was all time best which I set when I was 12 kg heavier). I thought the miss at 125kg would affect me mentally (normally I get a bit angry/dissapointed) but I was just happy at getting close (which is weird and suspicious in itself - I normally don't do positivity very well). Followed with a further 5 singles at 95% or 115kg and got them all easily. Should also mention that I hit a rep PR on my work up sets which was awesome. Must have been working pretty fast, I managed to fit in a boat load of accessories (wide grip bench, DB bench, OHP, Cable rows, some pullups (another Blocky first), narrow grip pushups and some curlz.

Got a good conditioning session in this morning as well: did a bunch of deadball slams and burpees (voluntarily) and thought I was going to die. Followed that with some more tumbling work - trying to get up into a brief handstand before tucking and rolling and also diving forward into the roll.

Yesterday I got in a run with the pupper (which I'm not counting as 'hard' conditioning because he was sooo slow) and did 20mins of karate practice (I was quite good at it as a teen) with some basic kicking, punching and blocking.

Food has been pretty good for the last couple of days too, so I'm hoping the scale will start to move again soon.

I'm going to really attack the goals I've set out and try and get the bulk of it done early in the challenge so I hit my targets before the enthusiasm wears off.

Fitness Goals:

Strengthen cybernetic components (Good Lifting):         2/15

Maintain cardio-respiratory functions (Hard Cardio):       2/20

Install reactive software (Jumping/Gymnastics):               2/15

Install combat subroutines (Practice Martial Arts):            1/15

Life Goals:

Tachikoma maintenance (Van Service/Tyres):                  0/1

Upgrade body armour (Get hiking gear ready):                0/1  

Observe combat weight limits (Get to 95kg):                    0/1

Here is a pic of the Tachikoma's that I referred to in my original post. These things were a cool idea that were executed badly. While being an agile 1-man tank with cool guns and a spiderman-like ability to use cables to swing between buildings, they also chatter amongst themselves like 12 year old school children. Which just gets more annoying as the show goes on.

Tachikoma.jpgneotank_motivational_poster_by_ninjatoes

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Blocky said:

Got a good conditioning session in this morning as well: did a bunch of deadball slams and burpees (voluntarily) and thought I was going to die. Followed that with some more tumbling work - trying to get up into a brief handstand before tucking and rolling and also diving forward into the roll.

giphy.gif 

(never gets old)

if everyone could stop voluntarily doing burpees, that'd be great. 

• Like 6

giphy.gif 

(never gets old)

if everyone could stop voluntarily doing burpees, that'd be great. 

I can get behind this philosophy.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

limits.png

I get it...burpees suck. But I would still encourage everyone to occasionally do the things that you don't like or are not good at.

Work on your weaknesses...  /quasi-motivational-rant

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Blocky said:

limits.png

I get it...burpees suck. But I would still encourage everyone to occasionally do the things that you don't like or are not good at.

Such fitness, much adult.

Kudos, Warrior.  Kudos.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Blocky said:

limits.png

you're starting to sound like a ranger...

• Like 1

Just now, Juni0r83 said:

you're starting to sound like a ranger...

It's an illusion.

I'm at that stage of powerlifting development where I can't push the peak of pyramid any higher without widening the base.

But it still comes back to a higher total.

• Like 2