• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Blocky

Blocky joins Section 9

Just now, Blocky said:

It's an illusion.

I'm at that stage of powerlifting development where I can't push the peak of pyramid any higher without widening the base.

But it still comes back to a higher total.

Yeah, my pyramid more closely resembles one of those straw towers they make people build in leadership training courses...

• Like 4

Just now, Juni0r83 said:

Yeah, my pyramid more closely resembles one of those straw towers they make people build in leadership training courses...

At the moment, that's me as well... but mine keeps breaking in the middle and I need to fix that.

• Like 2

Thursday:

Slept like shit and skipped cardio but made up for it with decent eating and no snacks.

Friday:

Deadlift day. Got in and did the work, managed a rep PR with 147.5kg x 8. The rest of it was meh. Just one of those sessions that you have to grind through. Did some more rolling after - forward rolls feel good and I'm now trying to get into a brief handstand before rolling forward. Did some shoulder rolls - R shoulder roll is good but left is spastic and weird. Also tried some back rolls but can't seem to get it right yet.

Morning cardio was hard. Also had another good day of eating normally.

Fitness Goals:

Strengthen cybernetic components (Good Lifting):         3/15

Maintain cardio-respiratory functions (Hard Cardio):       3/20

Install reactive software (Jumping/Gymnastics):               3/15

Install combat subroutines (Practice Martial Arts):            1/15

Life Goals:

Tachikoma maintenance (Van Service/Tyres):                  0/1

Upgrade body armour (Get hiking gear ready):                0/1  

Observe combat weight limits (Get to 95kg):                    0/1

I found this to be quite amusing:

she-ghost-the-shell-in-18532658.png

• Like 5

Had a solid bench pressing session. Nothing magical, just grinding through some decent volume. Food has been decent today but no cardio because weekend.

Fitness Goals:

Strengthen cybernetic components (Good Lifting):         4/15

Maintain cardio-respiratory functions (Hard Cardio):       3/20

Install reactive software (Jumping/Gymnastics):               3/15

Install combat subroutines (Practice Martial Arts):            1/15

Life Goals:

More Tachikoma's:

BTr_Qo_VK.pngf5c.jpg

• Like 2

Had a bit of a lazy weekend (only in terms of exercise - did loads of house work and shit). Got a bunch of meal prepping done - we have a lot of breakfast sausages, some curried chicken and some sweet and sour pork. I did manage to fit in some martial arts practice and some more dexterity training (forward rolls, shoulder rolls and some parkour style jumping between 2 wooden beams).

Got in some good cardio this am with kettlebell swings and cycling intervals and did more tumbling drills. Now counting down the hours until heavy squatting...

Fitness Goals:

Strengthen cybernetic components (Good Lifting):         4/15

Maintain cardio-respiratory functions (Hard Cardio):       4/20

Install reactive software (Jumping/Gymnastics):               5/15

Install combat subroutines (Practice Martial Arts):            2/15

Life Goals:

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Blocky said:

Had a bit of a lazy weekend (only in terms of exercise - did loads of house work and shit). Got a bunch of meal prepping done - we have a lot of breakfast sausages, some curried chicken and some sweet and sour pork. I did manage to fit in some martial arts practice and some more dexterity training (forward rolls, shoulder rolls and some parkour style jumping between 2 wooden beams).

Now counting down the hours until heavy squatting...

Spoken like a true warrior.  :-)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Spoken like a true warrior.  :-)

It's half excitement and half dread - I have 3 singles at 90%+ programmed...

• Like 5

Skwaats = done. Was feeling a little overwhelmed going in - I'm feeling a bit sore and run down and just low energy. But it wasn't as bad I was expecting. Got all 3 singles at 92.5% (157.5kg) and could have possibly gone a bit higher. Did a bunch of deadlifts vs chains and some SSB squats with a pause plus some other assistance stuff.

Food has been good and I'm back in striking distance of my goal of 95kg. Weighed in today at 95.9kg (which is hilarious because last night I was 99.8kg - weird body is weird).

Fitness Goals:

Strengthen cybernetic components (Good Lifting):         5/15

Maintain cardio-respiratory functions (Hard Cardio):       4/20

Install reactive software (Jumping/Gymnastics):               5/15

Life Goals:

Batou with standard issue 'big gun':

Batou.jpg

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Blocky said:

Food has been good and I'm back in striking distance of my goal of 95kg. Weighed in today at 95.9kg (which is hilarious because last night I was 99.8kg - weird body is weird).

gotta love it. i'm hoping for the same type of drop myself between this morning and tomorrow morning!

• Like 1

On 4/24/2017 at 0:58 AM, Blocky said:

I don't record it, but I do also weigh myself at night and in the morning. (Long story, my scale is one of those weird ones that only records a weight difference if it is greater than 2#, so I hop on at night just to reset it for the morning and don't worry about the evening weight at all.)

MOST of the time I lose about 3 or 3.5 pounds overnight. But once in a while if I eat late, drink late, or am bloated I lose like 5# overnight and I'm always relieved! haha. I only record and monitor morning weights for obvious reasons. 

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I don't record it, but I do also weigh myself at night and in the morning. (Long story, my scale is one of those weird ones that only records a weight difference if it is greater than 2#, so I hop on at night just to reset it for the morning and don't worry about the evening weight at all.)

MOST of the time I lose about 3 or 3.5 pounds overnight. But once in a while if I eat late, drink late, or am bloated I lose like 5# overnight and I'm always relieved! haha. I only record and monitor morning weights for obvious reasons. 

this is a good idea. i'm looking into a new non-digital scale because of the whole won't record a weight difference thing on mine too.

18 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

17 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

this is a good idea. i'm looking into a new non-digital scale because of the whole won't record a weight difference thing on mine too.

I have never seen such ridiculous scales! Mine sort of goes the other way - I can weigh myself 3 times and get three different numbers...

• Like 1

Boom! Good day today. I worked my widegrip (maximum legal width) bench up to a max and apparently it's 5kg stronger than my normal grip (still feels really hard on the wrists though) and I got a solid rep at 120kg. Went for 125kg and nearly got it - would have been nice as that would have been an all time PR (it's currently 122.5kg which was set when I was fatter and my spine wasn't all janky). Did a bunch of other stuff - some closegrip work (2's at 100kg), BB rows, ring rows, DB benching, upright rows and dips off a bench.

Morning cardio was a mix of kettlebell swings, situps and box jumps, followed by more handstand and forward roll practice.

Fitness Goals:

Strengthen cybernetic components (Good Lifting):         6/15

Maintain cardio-respiratory functions (Hard Cardio):       5/20

Install reactive software (Jumping/Gymnastics):               6/15

Life Goals:

the_gang.jpg

I still haven't seen the movie, but I've noticed that a bunch of peeps are getting their collective panties in a bunch because a white woman played the Major. However it's pretty obvious from the various anime that her cyborg body is that of a white woman (the backstory is that her soul/ghost was transferred to a cyborg body while she was still a foetus when her mother died in a car accident.)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Blocky said:

Boom! Good day today. I worked my widegrip (maximum legal width) bench up to a max and apparently it's 5kg stronger than my normal grip (still feels really hard on the wrists though) and I got a solid rep at 120kg. Went for 125kg and nearly got it - would have been nice as that would have been an all time PR (it's currently 122.5kg which was set when I was fatter and my spine wasn't all janky). Did a bunch of other stuff - some closegrip work (2's at 100kg), BB rows, ring rows, DB benching, upright rows and dips off a bench.

Morning cardio was a mix of kettlebell swings, situps and box jumps, followed by more handstand and forward roll practice.

Fitness Goals:

Strengthen cybernetic components (Good Lifting):         6/15

Maintain cardio-respiratory functions (Hard Cardio):       5/20

Install reactive software (Jumping/Gymnastics):               6/15

Life Goals:

Congrats on the bodyweight bench PR

11 minutes ago, Juni0r83 said:

Congrats on the bodyweight bench PR

Maybe I typed it out weird - current bodyweight is actually 97kg, I set my all time PR bench of 122.5kg when I weighed 110kg...

2 hours ago, Blocky said:

Maybe I typed it out weird - current bodyweight is actually 97kg, I set my all time PR bench of 122.5kg when I weighed 110kg...

Maybe I typed it weird. Congrats at a bench PR at this bodyweight.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Juni0r83 said:

Yeah... you're right... I missread it as 'bodyweight on the bar PR' instead of 'PR bench at this bodyweight'

stupid reading comprehension... this is why I lift weights and don't attempt to cure cancer....

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Juni0r83 said:

Cheers. It's been a long time coming...

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Blocky said:

I worked my widegrip (maximum legal width)

Question. I have a fairly wide grip normally. What's the max?? (I don't plan to compete, and doubt I'm over it, but just curious.)

Grats on your PR!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Question. I have a fairly wide grip normally. What's the max?? (I don't plan to compete, and doubt I'm over it, but just curious.)

Grats on your PR!

Your fingers must cover the rings on a standard power bar. There is a actually a grip style where you bend your wrists inwards so your grip is wider than normal for a legal grip, but your fingers still cover the rings.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Juni0r83 said:

Your fingers must cover the rings on a standard power bar. There is a actually a grip style where you bend your wrists inwards so your grip is wider than normal for a legal grip, but your fingers still cover the rings.

So, any grip where you can't see the rings, got it.

I have a 57" wingspan (tip of middle finger to tip of middle finger, arms spread), so my wide grip is actually barely legal in that it's almost too close, it seems :3 (I set up with my pinkies on the rings)

8 hours ago, ixaera said:

So, any grip where you can't see the rings, got it.

I have a 57" wingspan (tip of middle finger to tip of middle finger, arms spread), so my wide grip is actually barely legal in that it's almost too close, it seems :3 (I set up with my pinkies on the rings)

Wow... my normal grip that I've used for ages is pinkies about 1-1.5" inside the rings - it always felt ok because I'm very tricep dominant. For about 6 months I went out to pinkies on the rings and now I'm most comfortable with ring finger on the rings.

• Like 2

So... apparently I can't have nice things... Woke up today with a stupidly sore and swollen ankle (even though I don't remember injuring it at all). It feels like I'm stepping on lego constantly when I walk. I thought it was maybe a bruise but all the tendons and ligament son the inside of the ankle are angry too. I'm guessing it's come from the jumping I've doing but seriously can't remember even a twinge before today.

Still got through some morning conditioning - pushups and kettlebell swings. Totalled 110 pushups and 220 swings and then ran out of time. Not counting this as hard cardio because I felt like I could have done much better/more.

What is surprising is that pushups weren't hard after yesterday - normally I'm pretty sore after benching, so I guess the wider grip is taking some of the stress off the shoulders and triceps (which kinda makes sense)...