• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Blocky

Blocky joins Section 9

20 minutes ago, Blocky said:

this morning was 300 kettlebell swings and 300 deadball slams and running around after pupper because she has worked out she can kinda climb the back stairs but can't get down.

Ouch. Ouch ouch ouch.

But awesome way to get cardio in!

37 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Ouch. Ouch ouch ouch.

But awesome way to get cardio in!

When you break it down, it's 300 hip hinges, 300 squats, 300 ohp with the ball... decent volume of all those things even if it is lighter weights. Hopefully my shoulders don't get tired and DOMSy - I have bench pressing in about 2 hours...

I had a fairly good bench session today. I managed to hit a new PR on bench with 10kg band tension, getting 1 @ 117.5kg (old PR was 115kg+bands). Which was good - however, as a note-to-self, high rep kettlebell swings i the morning prior is not so cool as I ended up with a massive lowerback cramp and couldn't get off the bench for like a minute until it subsided.I also managed to do 3 x 3 with my 3RM - counting that as a win. Also did a bunch of rows, upright rows and tricep pushdowns.

Food has been good, but it looks like Mrs Blocky is cooking up a bunch of carby goodness for dindins - so I see a lot of cardio in tomorrow's future (just not kettlebell swings).

Mrs Blocky has given me the dates for a July holiday which means that after this 9 week cycle is done, I'll able to do another 9 weeks exactly before the break. So I'm wasting time at work writing that up and getting it good to go. The last week of this cycle is 1RM testing, so I'll drop a bunch of volume out and use it as a bit of an unload week and then straight back into it (high volume fucks up my recovery way more than high intensity, so this should work ok).

Fitness Goals:

Strengthen cybernetic components (Good Lifting):         10/15

Maintain cardio-respiratory functions (Hard Cardio):       6/20

Install reactive software (Jumping/Gymnastics):               6/15

Install combat subroutines (Practice Martial Arts):            2/15

Life Goals:

Tachikoma maintenance (Van Service/Tyres):                  0/1

Upgrade body armour (Get hiking gear ready):                0/1  

Observe combat weight limits (Get to 95kg):                    0/1    Still sitting around 97.5

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Blocky said:

I had a fairly good bench session today. I managed to hit a new PR on bench with 10kg band tension, getting 1 @ 117.5kg (old PR was 115kg+bands). Which was good - however, as a note-to-self, high rep kettlebell swings i the morning prior is not so cool as I ended up with a massive lowerback cramp and couldn't get off the bench for like a minute until it subsided.I also managed to do 3 x 3 with my 3RM - counting that as a win. Also did a bunch of rows, upright rows and tricep pushdowns.

The sheer volume of your workouts is mind boggling. Please tell me you are eating buckets of carbs. 

Food has been good, but it looks like Mrs Blocky is cooking up a bunch of carby goodness for dindins - so I see a lot of cardio in tomorrow's future (just not kettlebell swings).

Oh look there we go. I think you are doing plenty of cardio! But it's your life. :P 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

The sheer volume of your workouts is mind boggling. Please tell me you are eating buckets of carbs.

I normally don't. Most days I'm around 120g carbs or less. I'm a high protein, high fat kinda guy.

1 hour ago, elvenengineer said:

New puppy is SO CUTE. Everyone is getting puppies!!!

Pupper just managed to sleep through the night.... winning.

• Like 5

Thursday - Did some hard cardio with kettlebell swings and battling ropes and high rep unweighted box squats.

Today - Did some light cycling and martial arts practice. My lower back is still a little unhappy (really bad yesterday but much better today) after the bench pressing lower back spasm thing and I have deadlifts later today, so I'll have to see how I go.

Puppy slept through the night on wedesday (it was my turn to look after her) but kept my wife awake all night last night. It's my turn again tonight so we'll see how that goes.

Fitness Goals:

Strengthen cybernetic components (Good Lifting):         10/15

Maintain cardio-respiratory functions (Hard Cardio):       7/20

Install combat subroutines (Practice Martial Arts):            3/15

Life Goals:

Observe combat weight limits (Get to 95kg):                    0/1    Still sitting around 97.5

• Like 3

Friday Deadlift Party:

giphy.gif

Wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Managed 5 doubles with 170kg. Followed with sets of 8 on blockpulls, sets of 8 on SSB squats. A billion sets of 8 on leg press (I added a couple of bands to the machine so the lockout is extremely hard) and some back extensions.

I would provide video proof of awesomeness BUT I killed my android tablet last night and he'll be in the computer hospital for 4 days while he gets his screen repaired. Which is ridiculously expensive...

Fitness Goals:

Strengthen cybernetic components (Good Lifting):         11/15

Life Goals:

giphy.gif

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Blocky said:

Friday Deadlift Party:

AND YOU DIDN'T INVITE ME, DL IS MY FAVORITE. YOU KNOW THAT. 

Wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Managed 5 doubles with 170kg. Followed with sets of 8 on blockpulls, sets of 8 on SSB squats. A billion sets of 8 on leg press (I added a couple of bands to the machine so the lockout is extremely hard) and some back extensions.

How are you even walking around? :P J/K you are fabulous. The real question is, pretty soon here, how will you find pants for your quads? 

I would provide video proof of awesomeness BUT I killed my android tablet last night and he'll be in the computer hospital for 4 days while he gets his screen repaired. Which is ridiculously expensive...

WHAT DID YOU DO? 

whatd_you_do_tommy_boy.gif 

giphy.gif 

tommy-boy-burning-o.gif 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

How are you even walking around? :P J/K you are fabulous. The real question is, pretty soon here, how will you find pants for your quads? 

WHAT DID YOU DO? 

giphy.gif 

tommy-boy-burning-o.gif 

what she said.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

WHAT DID YOU DO? 

giphy.gif 

tommy-boy-burning-o.gif 

*ahem*

• Like 2

Re: tablet

The screen has been cracked for a while now (9 months or longer) and the LCD finally cracked and all I could see was a few greenish lines. I thought the whole thing had fucked up... but then the alarm went off in the morning so I know it's still ok.

giphy.gif

Did some bench today:

Did my usual Saturday stuff - Benching with some chainweight. Hit a good single at 110kg + chains, then did 5 x 5 at 90kg, Assistance work was closegrip benches - 6 sets of 3, still with the chains. Then some seated rows, OHP, DB benching, tricep pushdowns and hammer curls. It was a solid workout but nor counting it as hard, there was a lack of enthusiasm. However, I did do some more forward rolling in between sets.

Fitness Goals:

Strengthen cybernetic components (Good Lifting):         11/15

Install reactive software (Jumping/Gymnastics):               7/15

Life Goals:

Gonna have to step my game up re: martial arts practice. I'll try to get some boxing stuff in at the commercial gym this week.

• Like 3

On 5/6/2017 at 5:19 AM, Blocky said:

Gonna have to step my game up re: martial arts practice. I'll try to get some boxing stuff in at the commercial gym this week.

!!!! :D !!!!

• Like 1

I'm having some more of that weird 'body composition' stuff - I've had little sleep and consequently have eaten like a jackass... and somehow weight is down and belt is fitting tighter in the gym (which was a little unfortunate - I wanted to be a little bloated for squatting today so I coud fill out the belt at 4 notches, but had to tighten it into the fifth notch which was just a little on the side of 'too tight').

Squatting went pretty well. 3 doubles at 152.5kg followed by a bunch of speed work on deadlifts which moved well. Some SSB squats, some more leg pressing with added band tension...

giphy.gif

Also did some decent cardio this morning (crazybal swings, high rep unweighted box squats and 2 min bursts on the bike - didn't go too hard to ensure my knees still worked for squats but I needed to do something due to lazy weekend and feeling very rusty when I woke up. Also managed a little kata practice (It's been nearly 18 years since I last did them but I still remember the bulk of them and apart from some minor form fixes, everything still looks pretty sharp)

Pupper is doing well with the toilet training... but it does mean that she needs to go outside once or twice per night... whch sucks for us but we are taking it in turns and tonight is my night to sleep through... yay! But pupper is no longer an out of control shitting machine... which is nice... There will be more pupper pics when I get my tablet back from the computer doctor (hopefully in the next day or too)

Oh...and out of interest... has anyone else here seen the movie 'Hardcore Henry'? I'd be interested in your thoughts...

Fitness Goals:

Strengthen cybernetic components (Good Lifting):         12/15

Install combat subroutines (Practice Martial Arts):            4/15

Life Goals:

• Like 1

Oh...and out of interest... has anyone else here seen the movie 'Hardcore Henry'? I'd be interested in your thoughts...

Entertaining, but mildly nauseating.

• Like 1

So... some good news. Little pupper is now sleeping downstairs with the big pupper and she hasn't freaked out about it, which means I am now sleeping through the night again. Which is good news for everyone.

Tuesday was annoying... went to the commercial gym to try and get some boxing stuff done - but just as I was about to start, a super annoying dude came in (he's nice enough, but you can't shut him up and he constantly interrupts whatever you are doing to chat)... so it was just nope. I went to get my car booked in for it's service - such an unpleasant experience. You can just tell you are being raped while standing at the counter. "Oh... you need a new super jiggy thingamajig... that's another 200..." That whole process took nearly an hour... I was going to go back to the gym to box, but just went home instead.

I did some running in the morning, which is the first running since I fucked my ankle up and it went ok.

Today, I did some skipping, kettlebell swinging, deadball slamming and bike sprints... and it's 1 hour till Bench day! Although today, it's floorpress day! Which doesn't have the same ring to it.

Fitness Goals:

Strengthen cybernetic components (Good Lifting):         12/15

Maintain cardio-respiratory functions (Hard Cardio):       9/20

Life Goals:

Tachikoma maintenance (Van Service/Tyres):                  0/1   Booked in for next Tuesday

Observe combat weight limits (Get to 95kg):                    0/1    Still sitting around 97.5 as of today

• Like 1

Benchercise!

Managed to break a 3RM AND a 1RM on my floor press at 100kg x 3 and 112.5kg x 1. My left shoulder is a bit dinged up (I felt it sublux but not quite dislocate during some benching last week and it's been slow to heal) but the floor press didn't aggravate it at all. Also did some widegrip benching, some OHP and pullup sets and bunch of busy work with flyes, upright row and pushups.

1442478795-ab0b9f25d4d02fff9df495722bb5c

Pupper has first day of pupper school tonight. Which I'm sure will be challenging as she's very stubborn.

vlcsnap.png

Fitness Goals:

Strengthen cybernetic components (Good Lifting):         13/15

Maintain cardio-respiratory functions (Hard Cardio):       9/20

Life Goals:

Tachikoma maintenance (Van Service/Tyres):                  0/1   Booked in for next Tuesday

Observe combat weight limits (Get to 95kg):                    0/1    Still sitting around 97.5 as of today

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Blocky said:

Tuesday was annoying... went to the commercial gym to try and get some boxing stuff done - but just as I was about to start, a super annoying dude came in (he's nice enough, but you can't shut him up and he constantly interrupts whatever you are doing to chat)... so it was just nope. I went to get my car booked in for it's service - such an unpleasant experience. You can just tell you are being raped while standing at the counter. "Oh... you need a new super jiggy thingamajig... that's another 200..." That whole process took nearly an hour... I was going to go back to the gym to box, but just went home instead.

ughhhhhhhhhhhhh we have a couple offenders like that in my gym. luckily i am not involved in the conversations but i watch it happen. how can you literally just stand there for 20 minutes and talk to someone else while you're at the gym?? don't you all have places to be?!

is this just like an oil change service or does your area require yearly inspection stickers? i am so glad i found an honest mechanic. i have to twist his arm to convince him to do anything extra on my car.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

is this just like an oil change service or does your area require yearly inspection stickers? i am so glad i found an honest mechanic. i have to twist his arm to convince him to do anything extra on my car.

I need an honest mechanic badly.

The van needs it's major service (it's just gone over 100,000km)... major service is apparently code for "screw the customer in the backside"...

Conversation:

Them: This will include replacing the fuel pump which is $400

Me: Fuel pump isn't broken

Them: But it needs to be replaced

Them: It's getting old and needs to be replaced

Them: "Random bunch of filthy lies and made up potential problems"

Them: I guess we can not do it this time.

Me: Good... I'll bring it back when it breaks

• Like 7

Pupper did well at puppy school and was so knackered when she got home that getting her settled was easy and she slept all the way through without 1) waking us up and 2) pooping anywhere

Did some cardio this morning which included pushups and box jumps, this was followed by some more forward rolling practice (this time, running towards the mat, then launching myself through the air, catching myself on my arms and tucking into the roll). So in one workout I managed to tick off cardio and dexterity stuff. Am also about to do some boxing stuff at the commercial gym, so will be able to tick off that as well.

Fitness Goals:

Strengthen cybernetic components (Good Lifting):         13/15

Maintain cardio-respiratory functions (Hard Cardio):       10/20

Install reactive software (Jumping/Gymnastics):               8/15

Install combat subroutines (Practice Martial Arts):            5/15

Life Goals:

Observe combat weight limits (Get to 95kg):                    0/1    Still sitting around 97.8 as of today

• Like 4

So... managed to get the boxing done... but was interrupted no less than 4 times in 15 mins. This is why I hate commercial gyms and why I need to get off my ass and build a punching bag rig at home...

• Like 3

ugh! at least you got them to back down on one thing. i'd ask around for recommendations of places, i found mine through coworkers. online reviews of mechanics can be very hit or miss because you could get a bad review from someone who doesn't know the first thing about what a good mechanic should be doing or a good review from the same type.

success on the pupper! well done. i should do some box jumps before the spartan race. those are always a mindfuck for me to get over. also those running forward rolls, damn!

sorry about the globo gym disaster. is there any chance of going at a different time?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Blocky said:

So... managed to get the boxing done... but was interrupted no less than 4 times in 15 mins. This is why I hate commercial gyms and why I need to get off my ass and build a punching bag rig at home...

That would make my interruption my new punching bag.

• Like 3