• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Blocky

Blocky joins Section 9

13 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

sorry about the globo gym disaster. is there any chance of going at a different time?

It was a different time... also a different idiot than last time.. Just can't win with that place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blocky said:

It was a different time... also a different idiot than last time.. Just can't win with that place.

That's most unfortunate. Maybe it is time to find a new gym.

• Like 1

Deadlift day.

My main sets were great - got 3 doubles with 180kg. I have never done multiple sets with that weight.

My assistance and accessorie were meh. Just did not have motivation. Did some block pulls, SSB box squats and leg pressing.

Fitness Goals:

Strengthen cybernetic components (Good Lifting):         13/15

Maintain cardio-respiratory functions (Hard Cardio):       10/20

Install reactive software (Jumping/Gymnastics):               8/15

Install combat subroutines (Practice Martial Arts):            5/15

Life Goals:

Tachikoma maintenance (Van Service/Tyres):                  0/1   Booked in for next Tuesday

Upgrade body armour (Get hiking gear ready):                0/1  

Observe combat weight limits (Get to 95kg):                    0/1    Still sitting around 97.8 as of today

• Like 3

On May 10, 2017 at 10:33 PM, Blocky said:

So... managed to get the boxing done... but was interrupted no less than 4 times in 15 mins. This is why I hate commercial gyms and why I need to get off my ass and build a punching bag rig at home...

Wait wait wait. In your glorious shed (room?) of gym equipment, outfitted better than most gyms, you have not constructed your own punching bag rig?

1270788237226.jpg?1322850623

dd084022e6df7a9803e21a47adc75d5a.300x169

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Wait wait wait. In your glorious shed (room?) of gym equipment, outfitted better than most gyms, you have not constructed your own punching bag rig?

I know right? However - the shed vibrates like a mofo if I attach the bag to the structure and it's unpleasant. We have a little outdoor rig, BUT there is no anchor for the bottomof the bag and it swings around like crazy. I have a plan in place to anchor some poles against the garden bed outside and attach the bag to that. I just haven't done it yet.

Today's cardio was mental. I am noticably getting fatter by the day so enough is enough.

I did:

20 kettlebellswings at 20kg + 1 min bike sprint     x 3  (as a warmup),

3 powercleans on the minute for 10 mins at 60kg. Went surprisingly well as I haven't done this in a while,

25 kettlebellswings at 20kg + 1 min bike sprint     x 3  (for shits and gigs),

Then, as fast as possible:

200 x skips

75 x box jumps

50 x kettlebell swings

25 x burpees   (It took me 17 mins - I had to slow the box jumps down because 1) I was dying from lak of air and 2) my knee was a bit janky),

5 min bike to finish.

About 45 mins of actual conditioning. Now I have to recover before taking a whack at some bench pressing later today...

• Like 2

Bench Day!

Moderately successful day. Hit a new 8 RM on benching with chains at 95+18kg and a new 5 RM on Pendlay rows with 95kg. There was also some less satisfying closegrip benching, OHP and pushdowns.

Fitness Goals:

Strengthen cybernetic components (Good Lifting):         14/15

Maintain cardio-respiratory functions (Hard Cardio):       11/20

Install reactive software (Jumping/Gymnastics):               9/15

Life Goals:

Tachikoma maintenance (Van Service/Tyres):                  0/1   Booked in for next Tuesday

Upgrade body armour (Get hiking gear ready):                0/1  

Observe combat weight limits (Get to 95kg):                    0/1    Still sitting around 97.8 as of today

• Like 2

Had another good conditioning day.

Started with 12 mins of bikesprints and crazyball swings - alternating with no breaks...

Then, a bunch of overhead presses and boxjumps for another 12 mins.

After lunch, I took the big pupper out for a hike. We walked for 45 mins and both of us had our weight vests on:

Then, just before din dins, I did some more stuff. 12 mins of Powercleans (1 every 30s), plus some pullups and tumbling. Gotta work hard to meet my challenge goals. Did get my hiking stuff out and cleaned the waterbottles and camelbak. The only thing I have to donow is attach my new machete.

Tomorrow will be interesting - testing my squat 1RM.

Fitness Goals:

Strengthen cybernetic components (Good Lifting):         14/15

Maintain cardio-respiratory functions (Hard Cardio):       13/20

Install reactive software (Jumping/Gymnastics):               11/15

Life Goals:

Upgrade body armour (Get hiking gear ready):               1/1  

Observe combat weight limits (Get to 95kg):                    0/1    Still sitting around 97.5 as of today

• Like 2

Squat testing today went fairly well. I squeaked out a single at 172.5kg. Not my best... but the best at this bodyweight (and the best since my injury).So I'm planning to rerun the 9 week cycle with all the percents adjusted up by 2.5% and see how that goes. I'm also adding some heavier box squatting back in on my deadlift day because the weight on my back today was a bit of a shock (I haven't gone over 160kg in the last 9 weeks). Also did my speedy deadlifts (10 doubles at 142.5kg) and 150 leg presses at 120kg as fast as possible (12 mins) - now have massive quad pump.

On Wednesday I'll test my bench and then deadlifts on Friday. I'll probably have an easy Saturday and then back into the next 9 week block the follwing Monday.

Fitness Goals:

Strengthen cybernetic components (Good Lifting):         15/15   Woo!

Maintain cardio-respiratory functions (Hard Cardio):       15/20   Should be able to get this done

Install reactive software (Jumping/Gymnastics):               11/15   Should be able to get this done

Install combat subroutines (Practice Martial Arts):            5/15    Not going to get this done

Life Goals:

Tachikoma maintenance (Van Service/Tyres):                  0/1   Booked in for tomorrow

Observe combat weight limits (Get to 95kg):                    0/1    Still sitting around 97.5 as of today

• Like 2

It was definitely a 10/10 effort squat... I just looked in the mirror and I have a bunch of little burst blood vessels around my eyes... oops...

• Like 5

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:16 PM, Blocky said:

I just... can't think of a reason to interrupt someone punching a bag.

Like, I don't want to get punched. Why would I interrupt them?

*sigh* people. But seriously, finish your own. Ridiculous.

Sounds like you had a kick ass weekend though, so that's nice :)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

giphy.gif 

I might have... felt like I was dead when I woke up this morning. So many ouchies. And my eyes look like someone has punched me.

However, I did some more box jumping (legs were feeling quite leaden) and some jints (jog/sprints) on the treadmill. I felt like I was sprinting but looked like a fat panda waddling around.

Van is in for it's service.... now just waiting for the enema bill...

Fitness Goals:

Maintain cardio-respiratory functions (Hard Cardio):       16/20   Should be able to get this done

Install reactive software (Jumping/Gymnastics):               12/15   Should be able to get this done

Install combat subroutines (Practice Martial Arts):            5/15    Not going to get this done

Life Goals:

Tachikoma maintenance (Van Service/Tyres):                  1/1   Done

Observe combat weight limits (Get to 95kg):                    0/1    Still sitting around 98 as of today... Not looking good

• Like 2

glad you were able to get something in to loosen up the muscles! you had a lot of goal this go-round and are killing most of them! I can't remember, did you have a food-related goal? that might be the stinker that's keeping your BW where you don't want it.

11 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

glad you were able to get something in to loosen up the muscles! you had a lot of goal this go-round and are killing most of them! I can't remember, did you have a food-related goal? that might be the stinker that's keeping your BW where you don't want it.

I wasn't 'focused' on food this go around - just trying to keep the same eating patterns as last time (Which has mostly worked - I'm not gaining steadily and it seems like my body is happiest at 97.5 kg at the moment). I think the biggest influencer is the new pupper - on days that I'm not getting good sleep, I'm definitely eating worse/more

The biggest issue I have with being 97.5 is wearing my belt in the gym - I'm not fat enough to really push into it and brace and not small enough to bring it in to the next notch. When I did my max squats on Monday, the belt slipped a little in the hole and it threw me off. It's also awkward for deadlifting - when I get down into the bottom, it's pinching my fat and being super annoying...

More cardio! More box jumps! Did some more conditioning this morning with light deadlifts (50%ish) and box jumps and supine rows. 45 total reps of everything as fast as possible... I wanted to vomit... I have some bench later today - which normally would make me say Yay! but today my left shoulder is all fucked up from the heavy squatting on monday, so I'm a little worried about how it will go.

Fitness Goals:

Maintain cardio-respiratory functions (Hard Cardio):       17/20   Should be able to get this done

Install reactive software (Jumping/Gymnastics):               13/15   Should be able to get this done

Life Goals:

Tachikoma maintenance (Van Service/Tyres):                  1/1   Done - get it back this afternoon

Observe combat weight limits (Get to 95kg):                    0/1    Still sitting around 97.2 as of today... Not looking good

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Deciduous said:

Can't believe your dog runs with you and you both wear weight vests. You are such bad asses. You also shame me & my dog's team cardio efforts.

He runs, I walk.

He has a lot of working dog genetics and actually behaves better when he thinks he's working.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Blocky said:

He runs, I walk.

He has a lot of working dog genetics and actually behaves better when he thinks he's working.

Ah. That does make me feel better. I was imagining you both adventure racing wearing weights because you were too fit for bodyweight cardio.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deciduous said:

Ah. That does make me feel better. I was imagining you both adventure racing wearing weights because you were too fit for bodyweight cardio.

The terms 'Blocky' and 'racing' don't go together...unless you are talking about pie eating....

• Like 5