• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Blocky

Blocky joins Section 9

Bench testing done.

Hit a clean single at 122.5kg which is an equal PR. I was tempted to try 125kg but I pretty much know that it was going to be a fail based on how 122.5 felt. It's ok, I'll do better next time. Shoulder held up pretty well, but I did dial back the volume. I turned a lot of the assistance work into a metcon type deal - doing 100 floor presses at 60kg with 5 depth jumps every time i had to rerack the bar and trying to work as fast as possible. It turned into the 100 floor presses and 40 depth jumps but I was knackered at the end. My knees handled the depth jumps way better than I expected which is encouraging. Also did a bunch of bicep and tricep stuff for accessories.

On a bit of a downer - the fucking mechanics need my car for another day (I even took it to a dealer's workshop this time, knowing I would pay more but assuming they would have the required parts. They apparently do not have the parts and are waiting for them to come in) which means I'm going to lose a bit of money from clients and appointments. Also means I have to walk everywhere... Gah...cardio...

Fitness Goals:

Strengthen cybernetic components (Good Lifting):         16/15   Woo!

Maintain cardio-respiratory functions (Hard Cardio):       18/20   Should be able to get this done

Install reactive software (Jumping/Gymnastics):               14/15   Should be able to get this done

Install combat subroutines (Practice Martial Arts):            5/15    Not going to get this done

Life Goals:

Tachikoma maintenance (Van Service/Tyres):                  1/1   Done - get it back this afternoon.... maybe

Upgrade body armour (Get hiking gear ready):               1/1  

Observe combat weight limits (Get to 95kg):                    0/1    Still sitting around 97.2 as of today... Not looking good

• Like 4

11 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

so much conditioninggggg. awesome job with bench!

the dealer doesn't give you a rental while they twiddle their thumbs?!

They could have given me a small car but I need the van to lug stuff around. I got it back this morning. Glad that saga is over.

• Like 2

More conditioning today... gotta hit those targets!

10 powercleans at 60kg

10 pushups

5 forward rolls

And some crazyball swinging and deadball slamming.

Fitness Goals:

Strengthen cybernetic components (Good Lifting):         16/15   Woohoo!

Maintain cardio-respiratory functions (Hard Cardio):       19/20   Should be able to get this done

Install reactive software (Jumping/Gymnastics):               15/15   Woohoo!

Install combat subroutines (Practice Martial Arts):            5/15    Not going to get this done... boo

Life Goals:

Tachikoma maintenance (Van Service/Tyres):                  1/1   Done

Upgrade body armour (Get hiking gear ready):               1/1  

Observe combat weight limits (Get to 95kg):                    0/1    Still sitting around 97.0 as of today... Not looking good

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blocky said:

They could have given me a small car but I need the van to lug stuff around. I got it back this morning. Glad that saga is over.

I'm glad for you.  Phew....one less thing to stress over. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

I'm glad for you.  Phew....one less thing to stress over. 

It's hopefully going to be 2 less things this arvo... I smashed the screen of my android tablet and it turns out it was going to cost more to repair than it was actually worth, so I'm just getting a new (better) one and it should arrive today.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Blocky said:

It's hopefully going to be 2 less things this arvo... I smashed the screen of my android tablet and it turns out it was going to cost more to repair than it was actually worth, so I'm just getting a new (better) one and it should arrive today.

SHINY NEW TOYS ARE AWESOME. 

2 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

SHINY NEW TOYS ARE AWESOME. 

Yep... I am taking it to computer dude to move all the apps and files from the old one to the new one. So, it ill still be a day or so until I can really get up and running again. But it will have a better camera on it so my instagram stuff wont be so blurry.

12 hours ago, Blocky said:

And some crazyball swinging and deadball slamming.

I think you would make an entertaining trainer. 

• Like 3

Quick update before wrap up.

Friday did not go well. Deadlift max is down a little which is dissapointing. Squat went up, Bench stayed the same and Deadlift went down for what is pretty much a draw. Managed to do the last hard cardio session to meet my goals which was nice but it was very last minute.

Then on Sunday, instead of resting for the start of my next 9 weeks cycle, I helped my Dad move his shit into his new house. 3hr drive to get there, lots of heavy lifting and 3hrs home.Also managed to cut my thumb on some broken glass - it's not serious but it is extremely annoying whenever I pick something up. I think I must have done something to the nerve because the tip of my thumb constantly feels wet and I keep wiping it on my shirt - very weird.

So, today I am going to have a look at my program and tweak it a little and see what happens over the next 9 weeks. If it still doesn't work, then I'll in it and go back to a straight conjugate program (which was always slow progress... but at least it's progress right?).

Fitness Goals:

Strengthen cybernetic components (Good Lifting):         16/15   Woohoo!

Maintain cardio-respiratory functions (Hard Cardio):       20/20   Woohoo!

Install reactive software (Jumping/Gymnastics):               15/15   Woohoo!

Install combat subroutines (Practice Martial Arts):            5/15    Not going to get this done... boo!

Life Goals:

Tachikoma maintenance (Van Service/Tyres):                  1/1   Done

Upgrade body armour (Get hiking gear ready):               1/1   Done

Observe combat weight limits (Get to 95kg):                    0/1    Still sitting around 97.5 as of today... Boo!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blocky said:

Quick update before wrap up.

Friday did not go well. Deadlift max is down a little which is dissapointing. Squat went up, Bench stayed the same and Deadlift went down for what is pretty much a draw. Managed to do the last hard cardio session to meet my goals which was nice but it was very last minute.

How do you test maxes for your programming? I ask because I would never get the opportunity to miss my last max - I don't know if I could handle it, I always test 5-10lbs over and assume I maintained my old strength if I miss.

Then on Sunday, instead of resting for the start of my next 9 weeks cycle, I helped my Dad move his shit into his new house. 3hr drive to get there, lots of heavy lifting and 3hrs home.Also managed to cut my thumb on some broken glass - it's not serious but it is extremely annoying whenever I pick something up. I think I must have done something to the nerve because the tip of my thumb constantly feels wet and I keep wiping it on my shirt - very weird.

That is super weird! Jeez! This does not sound like a good day. Good on you for the epic help out. Hope your thumb heals up, yikes.

So, today I am going to have a look at my program and tweak it a little and see what happens over the next 9 weeks. If it still doesn't work, then I'll in it and go back to a straight conjugate program (which was always slow progress... but at least it's progress right?).

I love progress.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Deciduous said:

How do you test maxes for your programming? I ask because I would never get the opportunity to miss my last max - I don't know if I could handle it, I always test 5-10lbs over and assume I maintained my old strength if I miss.

I test each lift on a different day and usually have a good idea of where I'm at (I normally follow a conjugate style program where you hit a max on squat and bench weekly using different variations).

However... this cycle had me doing a lot more sub max work and staying away from maxes and I really wasn't able to gauge strength. I've learned a lot from it though.

• Like 1

RECAP:

MAIN OBJECTIVES:

Maintain combat readiness:

Strengthen cybernetic components: Aiming to hit 15 'great lifting' days out or 20                      +1 STR (+1 STR for every 4 PR's / rep PR's)

Maintain cardio-respiratory functions: Do 20 hard conditioning days out of 35 total days          +1 CON

Upgrades:

Install reactive software: Do 15 days of jumps/tumbling/balance work                                        +1 DEX

Install combat subroutines: Do 15 days of combat related shenanigans                                    +1 DEX

LIFE GOALS:

Tachikoma maintenance: Get my van serviced and get new tyres                                              +1 WIS

Upgrade body armour: Get my hiking gear ready for hiking season              

Observe combat weight limits: Get my weight back down a little - aiming for 95kg +/- 1kg            +1 CON

OUTCOME:

Maintain combat readiness:

Strengthen cybernetic components:          YES    +1 STR  (Also +1 STR for at least 4PR's/Rep PR's - I lost a lot of data on my tablet so it may have been higher)

Maintain cardio-respiratory functions:       YES     +1 CON

Upgrades:

Install reactive software: Do 15 days of jumps/tumbling/balance work                 YES                       +1 DEX

Install combat subroutines: Do 15 days of combat related shenanigans              NOPE                   

LIFE GOALS:

Tachikoma maintenance: Get my van serviced and get new tyres                                          YES                       +1 WIS

Upgrade body armour: Get my hiking gear ready for hiking season                                       YES

Observe combat weight limits: Get my weight back down a little - aiming for 95kg +/- 1kg     NOPE     

Pretty happy with the challenge overall.

Pretty much just gonna focus on getting stronger on the next challenge. It's getting to me a little that my strength isn't improving. So even though better body comp makes me happy, it doesn't make me as happy as being strong. So I may be a little fatter in 5 weeks time, but hopefully much stronger.