• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jord

Taddea Zhaan - in a galaxy far farscape away

As shocking as this might be, for those of you in the know, I’ve never done a Farscape challenge. *GASP*.

tumblr_n6p4rzZpXH1tr2a1xo5_250.gif

Zotoh Zhaan is a delvian from the TV series Farscape and my NF character is Delvian Nomad (Warrior). Delvians are a plant-based species. Every character race test I’ve taken usually puts me as one of the elementals, and as such decided I wanted to be a plant last January. So I've been low key a plant for over a year now. Interpret that how you will.

Underpinning this Delvian challenge is that many Delvians are deeply spiritual and this will serve as a reminder to me to remain calm and forge ahead. I died last challenge in the form of a 3 day physical and metal breakdown of sorts from various stressors. 

1102883-zhaan_season2.jpg 

Delvian

• Daily mobility (at least 5 min, up from 3 stretches per day in the last two challenges)
  • 3 bottles of water per day (minimum) NEW (but did appear in 2016, mine are 22oz bottles)
  • 30 minutes of gardening per week NEW (because it’s gardening season you guys, includes houseplant care)

Nomad

• One Zombie 5K training session per week (I ummm, signed up for a 5k in October)
  • One hike per week (can be replaced by a second Zombie 5K session  if the weather is ugly)

Warrior

• 20 min of glute/core work per week (up from 15 min last challenge)
  • 15 min away from my desk each work day to refocus and energize, 30 min of work per day on the grant I have due this fall (work goals are under warrior because warriors get shit done)

As a recap for you all, for 2017, I repeat a challenge goal until I think it is an ingrained habit. These goals are mostly repeats to help me achieve my 2017 goals. This may seem like many goals, but several of these are close to being a habit and being moved out of the challenge and into the fiber of my being. Hence why lifting is not a goal, I will do that regardless. 

As always, message me for my Instagram handle if you would like to follow along for hiking and gardening pics as well as squat videos. 

My sincerest apologies in advance that Farscape is old enough that there is not a deep well of outstanding, stellar even, gifs.

Edited to add: I'm currently on a reverse diet, after 3 months of cutting, that runs through the end of this challenge perhaps longer. 

Edited by Taddea Zhaan
reverse diet info
  • Like 20

2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Underpinning this Delvian challenge is that many Delvians are deeply spiritual and this will serve as a reminder to me to remain calm and forge ahead. I died last challenge in the form of a 3 day physical and metal breakdown of sorts from various stressors. 

giphy.gif

Here to help prevent another...

Spoiler

obvs.

• Like 1

My sincerest apologies in advance that Farscape is old enough that there is not a deep well of outstanding, stellar even, gifs.

Shenanigans! 9db008cc970636d58964758256f6a4ff.gif

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, Blocky said:

989f8f0609abf6ca44782c8e9d6829ae.jpg

I know, sacrilege!!! I think I've always assume I had but I didn't.... 

19 hours ago, RedStone said:

giphy.gif

Here to help prevent another...

Reveal hidden contents

obvs.

WORD. I'ma try not to burn out and fade away....... 

18 hours ago, Grumble said:

Shenanigans! 9db008cc970636d58964758256f6a4ff.gif

So much hilarity in that show. Of course Rygel is the best. 

tumblr_mqjlpbTG6O1sboqq7o2_250.gif 

11 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Here! 

I tried again to watch Farscape, but season 1 won't open.  I'm putting it on my summer list. 

Goals are looking good!

Do it! Worth it!

2 hours ago, Blocky said:

I found a farscape goat! Was in 2 episodes apparently (I don't remember it though).

goat-inside.jpg

I don't believe it! I guess I'm just going to have to rewatch this show... 

• Like 3

I finally decided on a challenge layout in my little notebook and wrote out the days for this week yesterday. (Page 1. Chart and Monday, Pg 2. Tues - Th, Pg 3 Fri - Sun).

Then this morning I put in today's to-do items and checkboxes. At least the initial ones. It was weird to have some be different. But also refreshing. 

Please remind me any time about the water! 

OYV7dv61xSyrId284WoIX5rtKeVzsqqZOLPNakJS

I use one main color per week so it is easier to flip through weeks but then add little bits of color as I go. So in honor of the blue Delvians, this first week is a deep blue. Also, I'm at a new low weight (for 2017) today. So let's do this thang!

tumblr_mqeq4aeadi1qcxh7wo1_250.gif 

Edited to add: I was complaining to some folks last week about needing to find some "hardcore gardening" folks to follow on social media as I was about to go out and do some myself. I found one this morning! https://www.instagram.com/___flyinghorse___/ 

Edited by Taddea Zhaan
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Please remind me any time about the water! 

Edited to add: I was complaining to some folks last week about needing to find some "hardcore gardening" folks to follow on social media as I was about to go out and do some myself. I found one this morning! https://www.instagram.com/___flyinghorse___/ 

Hi Please drink water.

My little sister has a farm that she posts on IG about. It's a lot of bad grammar and lack of punctuation. But its punkinfarm (it's like a play on words.... pumpkin farm and then punk in farm, because like... punk music). 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

Hi Please drink water.

My little sister has a farm that she posts on IG about. It's a lot of bad grammar and lack of punctuation. But its punkinfarm (it's like a play on words.... pumpkin farm and then punk in farm, because like... punk music). 

The reminder worked!

Your sister has a new follower! 

49 minutes ago, Urgan said:

PLANT ALL THE THINGS. 

I INTEND TO. ALL OF THEM.

giphy.gif 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

OYV7dv61xSyrId284WoIX5rtKeVzsqqZOLPNakJS

I love your handwriting!!!! (To be fair, I kind of love handwriting in general, but, I LOVE YOUR HANDWRITING!!!)

• Like 1

I love your handwriting!!!! (To be fair, I kind of love handwriting in general, but, I LOVE YOUR HANDWRITING!!!)

Handwriting like hers is the reason I type.

17 hours ago, Br0din said:

Image result for farscape

That we are. Some of us are dying at slower rates than others. But we all end up worm poop. 

8 hours ago, RedStone said:

That is an interesting compliment and I will take it! I literally never think about my handwriting and consider it to be a sloppy print/cursive combination where sometimes two or three letters become one. 

8 hours ago, Grumble said:

Handwriting like hers is the reason I type.

I assume this is because your handwriting is so amazing that you don't want to make me look bad? 

30 minutes ago, Vibrantella said:

I like your BuJo challenge spread!  I also like gardening :D   And I used to watch Farscape (and liked it too!)

Thanks! I used to track electronically and it was so boring and didn't allow for notes or non-challenge to-do items. I'm glad you said you liked Farscape or we couldn't be friends. 

• Like 2

Monday

[x] work goals

[x] mobility 

[x] water

Actually, I can't recall if I managed all of my work goals but I know I got a ton of stuff done so I'm going to call that a win. 

Bench at training went terrible and at this point I'm basically losing strength on bench. Coach things it's from the long term cutting and weight loss. He said at least for him that bench is the first thing to go when he loses weight. Lower body work has been progressing though. We talked about calories and what I have been eating and he thinks I should probably add a couple hundred extra in. But that seems like a big jump to me. Instead of going from 1920 - 1980 this week I'm going to go to 2000. But not worry if I go a bit over. And then next week go up to 2100.

(loved this scene!)

backto_155.jpg

Also, I need more sleep, which is sort of a funny/terrible story where I forgot to set my alarm last night and woke up two hours late this morning.... 

Also, had my pre-op appointment and the arm surgery date is now set for May 11. (I'll have a four day weekend and I plan to watch Farscape!) Right after I run my current program out. I'll be thinking about what I want to do while I can't do upper body work for 6 weeks so I can talk it over with my coach. It's going to be: leg work, core, mobility, balance, conditioning. But I'll be thinking specifically of ideas for those and talking to him about it. Maybe scheduling a 1:1 session for that first week post-surgery. Trying not to be depressed about it. 

Oh and I got to the gym late because of my appointment and needed groceries after, so I cut some accessories. 

Monday BB Club

Monday, April 17, 2017 at 6:02 PM

Suitcase Carry

Set 1: 44 lb × 1

Squat

Set 1: 45 lb × 3

Set 2: 70 lb × 3

Set 3: 95 lb × 3

Set 4: 95 lb × 3

Set 5: 95 lb × 3

Set 6: 95 lb × 3

Bench Press

Set 1: 45 lb × 5

Set 2: 77 lb × 2

Set 3: 75 lb × 2

Set 4: 65 lb × 6

Set 5: 65 lb × 6

(dropped weight after only getting 75x2 when I've done multiple sets of 75x3 two weeks ago)

Trap Bar Deadlift

Set 1: 155 lb × 3

Set 2: 190 lb × 1

Set 3: 190 lb × 1

Set 4: 190 lb × 1

Set 5: 190 lb × 1

Set 6: 190 lb × 1

TRX Inverted Row

Set 1: 12 reps

Set 2: 12 reps

Set 3: 12 reps

• Like 4

If your recovery is off, these things happen. Try not to get too discouraged while you are finding maintenance. Your poor body thinks it's still cut cut cut tiems. Good luck on the surgery (yeah, it's still a ways out, but it's NEVER too early for good luck), maybe it'll give you some time to focus on getting your nutrition squared up to your activity level. 

• Like 1

I assume this is because your handwriting is so amazing that you don't want to make me look bad?

Yes, that's it exactly. Definitely not because I write like an epileptic doctor.

ea2d7e8fec7eade3dc1ccbd3304d3b1b.gif

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Urgan said:

If your recovery is off, these things happen. Try not to get too discouraged while you are finding maintenance. Your poor body thinks it's still cut cut cut tiems. Good luck on the surgery (yeah, it's still a ways out, but it's NEVER too early for good luck), maybe it'll give you some time to focus on getting your nutrition squared up to your activity level. 

Thanks! Recovery is definitely off. I sort of intend this as a recovery challenge, with the Delvian theme, but I'll need to remind myself of it. It may not be part of the challenge but I should put a spot in my BuJo for writing down what I did as self-care that day. Today it was definitely having mac and cheese for lunch. ;) Which was a by-product of grocery shopping after lifting... 

40 minutes ago, ArgSki77 said:

Following along! Looking forward to gardening updates...Ive been trying to layout a setup for a garden on the back patio of my apartment!

I have done container gardens! They work well! Definitely start with easier stuff like tomatoes and greens before you tackle anything like eggplant or peppers. I love to replant green onion scraps from the grocery store at the start of the summer because I eat so many and they just start growing and boom infinite green onions. 

I'll try to get some "before" pics of my gardening spaces this weekend. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I have done container gardens! They work well! Definitely start with easier stuff like tomatoes and greens before you tackle anything like eggplant or peppers. I love to replant green onion scraps from the grocery store at the start of the summer because I eat so many and they just start growing and boom infinite green onions. 

When I was in my old apartment, I grew cherry tomatoes and herbs(basil, rosemary). What I would really like to grow is cucumbers because that is what we eat the most in the summer. I need to find a variety that grows small and/or is more of a bush type than a long vine type. That could be kinda hard given I dont have time to grow from seeds.

13 minutes ago, ArgSki77 said:

When I was in my old apartment, I grew cherry tomatoes and herbs(basil, rosemary). What I would really like to grow is cucumbers because that is what we eat the most in the summer. I need to find a variety that grows small and/or is more of a bush type than a long vine type. That could be kinda hard given I dont have time to grow from seeds.

What about growing them in a pot up a trellis? I always grow my cucumbers up a trellis so they don't take up so much space. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=cucumber+growing+container&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjXk8f8xq7TAhUi74MKHQFHCjQQ_AUICSgC&biw=1522&bih=782

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

What about growing them in a pot up a trellis? I always grow my cucumbers up a trellis so they don't take up so much space.

I was thinking this but had second thoughts because I was unsure if the trellis could support the cucumber or vice versa. But it looks like plenty of people have success so that is likely the way I will go.

• Like 1