Taddea Zhaan - in a galaxy far farscape away

Jord

Hooray reverse diet!!! Super exciting, especially with the gym getting frustrating. Fuel!!! And then surgery! What a roller coaster.

I've done the six weeks+ off of arms and it did suck, but my gains were still there at the end. I read an journal article that I cannot find for the life of me right now that said the same - it took quite awhile for the gains to leave, though it did take a few weeks "back" for the athlete to be up to full potential after a period of inactivity.

• Like 1

Challenge #1, #2, #3, #4

Good luck with the surgery! I think it'll give you plenty of time to focus on your other goals [emoji4]

I really need to watch Farscape, apparently.

Between you with farscape and RedStone with Firefly... 9b246b04b7e2e559376a9072cb251bf0.gif

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 4

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

On 4/16/2017 at 5:52 AM, Taddea Zhaan said:

As a recap for you all, for 2017, I repeat a challenge goal until I think it is an ingrained habit. These goals are mostly repeats to help me achieve my 2017 goals. This may seem like many goals, but several of these are close to being a habit and being moved out of the challenge and into the fiber of my being. Hence why lifting is not a goal, I will do that regardless. 

this is the best way to do it :)

• Like 2
Spezzy, the Arcane Skirmisher
Chaotic Good Quarter Elf Slayer/Magus
STR: 21 / DEX: 17 / CON: 14 / INT: 15 / CHA 15
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”
2 hours ago, Grumble said:

Between you with farscape and RedStone with Firefly... 

2 hours ago, elvenengineer said:

In my defense, I've seen firefly!

Hey man... I can super school ya'll on Simpsons and Futurama FWIW.... :P 

VYqYmgJcJl1cSylMcs846PyBW4E=.gif

16 hours ago, Deciduous said:

Hooray reverse diet!!! Super exciting, especially with the gym getting frustrating. Fuel!!! And then surgery! What a roller coaster.

I've done the six weeks+ off of arms and it did suck, but my gains were still there at the end. I read an journal article that I cannot find for the life of me right now that said the same - it took quite awhile for the gains to leave, though it did take a few weeks "back" for the athlete to be up to full potential after a period of inactivity.

I know, reverse dieting is really weird! I thought it would be hard to keep on track and not want to add back all the calories at once. But I'm finding it different and enjoying keeping control of my food. Now I have the opposite problem where I need to add more calories but I'm sad about my weight loss ending. Even though I knew this maintenance period was coming. I don't necessarily feel like I need to be smaller, but it feels good to see the scale numbers go down. Our brains are weird like that. 

I actually stopped lifting for 2 months at the end of last year, so I've been through it and this is less time. It just seemed like my bench suffered the most from the break. And this is exactly what I won't be able to do. I guess I'll just have poverty bench for the next year! 

15 hours ago, elvenengineer said:

Good luck with the surgery! I think it'll give you plenty of time to focus on your other goals :)

I really need to watch Farscape, apparently.

Yes, do the thang! It's worth it. But it has an older muppet feel... not sure about how you feel about watching older sci-fi. I love weird older stuff. And it's not even that old! It's just that there is a lack of CGI. 

14 hours ago, Grumble said:

Between you with farscape and RedStone with Firefly... 9b246b04b7e2e559376a9072cb251bf0.gif

LOLz Love that gif and Nick Frost. I'm watching Into the Badlands on AMC and he is in this second season and he is BAE in it. 

nick_action_cs_11162016_0083_v2.jpg

14 hours ago, elvenengineer said:

In my defense, I've seen firefly!

You are redeemed!

11 hours ago, RedStone said:

Hey man... I can super school ya'll on Simpsons and Futurama FWIW.... :P 

VYqYmgJcJl1cSylMcs846PyBW4E=.gif

11 hours ago, Grumble said:

That's helpful... When Pigs fly. e7e12ffdf05b9646d1d20e9cdc9a8ffe.gif

You guys are making my day. 

12 hours ago, spezzy said:

this is the best way to do it :)

Thanks! I really don't feel a goal for one challenge is really going to stick with me. I need to work on it for a long period of time, be forced to think about it constantly, until I don't have to think about it anymore. 

• Like 1

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

What day is it? Ok, so yesterday was Tuesday then. 

Tuesday it is. 

[x] work goals (sent over 100 e-mails jeezy creezy!)

[x] water 

[x] 5 min gardening (watered seeds I planted on Sunday)

[x] Zombies 5k training

[  ] mobility (forgot!)

I forgot to write down my goals for the day in my BuJo. And I think that played a factor in forgetting my mobility. I failed to set my intentions for the day at the start of the day. 

Work is improving and productivity is improving. I didn't do much work on the grant stuff yesterday but I got a ton of shit done. And for funsies towards the end of the day I counted how many emails I had sent... 

Came home and watered the garden areas where I had planted seeds. (Ordering a dot journal for gardening today! I wanted more of a square shape and spiral bound, which was apparently a tall order.) 

Then we went to the gym to do cardio. I had my Zombies 5k session. For the intervals I did 45 sec jog/60 sec walk. For the free form run I did 60 sec jog/ 60 sec walk. Up from 45 sec jogs on Sunday. This felt a lot harder than Sunday, but I think it was because I usually have more days between sessions and my stomach felt jostley. Paused at 30 min mark to go to the bathroom.... I feel like I need to go up to 90 sec jogs next week so I probably really need to work on recovery and mental attitude. I do still count each time I increase the jog length as a success! 

@elvenengineer signed up for the 5k in October with me. I'm appreciating the extra incentive already!

j5SPSRS.gif

Dinner was leftover steak from Easter that the in-laws made. I made a salad to go with it. Lettuce, red pepper, roasted potato, slivered almonds, made a tahini salad dressing. We won't talk about how I left my dressing at home this morning for lunch leftovers. 

EV_9bwmJaoNPIRu4bv2uFAezcTXSUeinZ-FtlxCu

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I forgot to write down my goals for the day in my BuJo. And I think that played a factor in forgetting my mobility. I failed to set my intentions for the day at the start of the day. 

I live and die by this. If I don't plan it, it doesn't happen. 

10 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Dinner was leftover steak from Easter that the in-laws made. I made a salad to go with it. Lettuce, red pepper, roasted potato, slivered almonds, made a tahini salad dressing. We won't talk about how I left my dressing at home this morning for lunch leftovers. 

Oopsie-doodles.

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

31 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Came home and watered the garden areas where I had planted seeds. (Ordering a dot journal for gardening today! I wanted more of a square shape and spiral bound, which was apparently a tall order.) 

YASSSSS

31 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

@elvenengineer signed up for the 5k in October with me. I'm appreciating the extra incentive already!

Oh fun! I would probably do a 5K with a friend. It might be the only way I would... :P 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

hiiiiiiiiiiii! i also haven't seen farscape but i know i'd love it.

can you grab some lemon and oil from your work caf for the salad?

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Then we went to the gym to do cardio. I had my Zombies 5k session. For the intervals I did 45 sec jog/60 sec walk. For the free form run I did 60 sec jog/ 60 sec walk. Up from 45 sec jogs on Sunday. This felt a lot harder than Sunday, but I think it was because I usually have more days between sessions and my stomach felt jostley. Paused at 30 min mark to go to the bathroom.... I feel like I need to go up to 90 sec jogs next week so I probably really need to work on recovery and mental attitude. I do still count each time I increase the jog length as a success! 

Any improvement in run time or length is a success. Even one second, so don't feel the need to push yourself on the free form portion. Maybe just jump up 10 seconds next time I stead of 30.

• Like 2

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

3 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Two warriors sign up for a 5K.....

The world is ending!!!!!

There is Viking swag with swords and axes though, so that's how I'm justifying it to myself :)

Question: why do you need to go up to 90 sec jogs? I think the program is kind of designed for you to do the same in free form that you did on the intervals, or to just walk if I remember correctly (I'm probably just going to walk for the first few at least). I just don't want you to feel bad about the running! I want us to have SO MUCH FUN :D 

Don't push TOO hard, you are a warrior after all :P

But if that feels good for you, then totes do what makes you happy!

• Like 2

Goal: Deadlift a (Female) Wookie (100 kg): 65.8%

43 minutes ago, elvenengineer said:

The world is ending!!!!!

There are us warriors still holding the line

Image result for hold the line

• Like 9

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

3 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

hiiiiiiiiiiii! i also haven't seen farscape but i know i'd love it.

can you grab some lemon and oil from your work caf for the salad?

I went to get ranch from the cafeteria and accidentally got fat free ranch. So basically, my lunch was a greek tragedy. 

2 hours ago, Grumble said:

Any improvement in run time or length is a success. Even one second, so don't feel the need to push yourself on the free form portion. Maybe just jump up 10 seconds next time I stead of 30.

2 hours ago, elvenengineer said:

The world is ending!!!!!

There is Viking swag with swords and axes though, so that's how I'm justifying it to myself :)

Question: why do you need to go up to 90 sec jogs? I think the program is kind of designed for you to do the same in free form that you did on the intervals, or to just walk if I remember correctly (I'm probably just going to walk for the first few at least). I just don't want you to feel bad about the running! I want us to have SO MUCH FUN :D 

Don't push TOO hard, you are a warrior after all :P

But if that feels good for you, then totes do what makes you happy!

I feel like if I don't make at least 30 second jumps each week there will be no way that I'll be ready by October! I guess we will see how I progress. After I get better I may need to do some weeks with 2x sessions instead of 1x/week. The Sun/Tues definitely was too much though. Need more space between. And better summer work shoes. My winter clog things have lots of cushion. But my sporty flat things are bugging my heels today. 

1 hour ago, Br0din said:

There are us warriors still holding the line

Image result for hold the line

In my defense I do have squat/bench/deadlift tonight! I am telling myself that this little hobby will better prepare myself for high rep sets.... That is my story and I am sticking to it.

tenor.gif 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

In my defense I do have squat/bench/deadlift tonight! I am telling myself that this little hobby will better prepare myself for high rep sets.... That is my story and I am sticking to it.

tenor.gif

I wouldn't think someone who has been through the wringer like you have would need to work on your pain tolerance. :panda:

• Like 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

tenor.gif 

I keep telling you peoples. As a warrior, if we are practicing running its only to improve our ability to charge the enemy line with greater ferocity.

e93eb83eddae2934677393152cd1c5b3.gif

• Like 5

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

14 minutes ago, Grumble said:

I keep telling you peoples. As a warrior, if we are practicing running its only to improve our ability to charge the enemy line with greater ferocity.

Quoted.

For.

Truth.

(Unless you are a warrior that loves to run, then I'm just bemusedly happy for you.)

• Like 5

~Emerald_Dragonfly

Level 13 Warrior

53 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Too old to run away, too young to die...

Image result for warriors fighting

• Like 4

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

I just want a medal with a sword on it lol

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Goal: Deadlift a (Female) Wookie (100 kg): 65.8%

Maintenance has always been a weird spot for me too - I think part of why I love lifting is that you get to see the graph move (I know you like this too) and aiming for flatlining doesn't have the oomph of a moving target. Wonder if there is a way to make it one. Like divide maintenance weight by days maintained or something! But with a non-nonsense number result.

Mmmmmmm tahini

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Challenge #1, #2, #3, #4

17 hours ago, Urgan said:

I wouldn't think someone who has been through the wringer like you have would need to work on your pain tolerance. :panda:

Apparently, I just like to torture myself. ;) 

tenor.gif

14 hours ago, Grumble said:

I might one day become a combat archer for our local medieval group, does that count? 

14 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Quoted.

For.

Truth.

(Unless you are a warrior that loves to run, then I'm just bemusedly happy for you.)

PEOPLE WHO LOVE TO RUN ARE HILARIOUS

13 hours ago, Br0din said:

Too old to run away, too young to die...

Image result for warriors fighting

I FOUND ONE FOR YOU

tumblr_omoznfV2ak1vkzuj9o1_250.gif 

10 hours ago, elvenengineer said:

I just want a medal with a sword on it lol

Me too! But I'm still considering the battle axe! We already have swords on the wall..... 

9 hours ago, Deciduous said:

Maintenance has always been a weird spot for me too - I think part of why I love lifting is that you get to see the graph move (I know you like this too) and aiming for flatlining doesn't have the oomph of a moving target. Wonder if there is a way to make it one. Like divide maintenance weight by days maintained or something! But with a non-nonsense number result.

Or maybe make it a game to see how flat I can get the line? 

• Like 4

WEDNESDAY YA'LL

[x] work goals

[x] water 

[x] mobility 

Wednesday BB Club

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 5:42 PM

Goblet Squat

Set 1: 50 lb × 4

Set 2: 50 lb × 4

Set 3: 50 lb × 4

Set 4: 50 lb × 4

Set 5: 50 lb × 4

These are starting to get unwieldy. But coach says after this program I probably won't have them again because my depth is good. 

Close Grip Bench

Set 1: 55 lb × 5

Set 2: 65 lb × 5

Set 3: 67 lb × 5

Set 4: 68 lb × 5

Set 5: 68 lb × 5

Set 6: 68 lb × 4

Lowered the weight and worked on making all of the prescribed reps. I was thinking this morning on my drive about how I dedicated a whole challenge to reviewing my squat form notes before each session. After I heal from my arm surgery I'm going to have a bench challenge that involves watching form instruction videos, taking notes, and reviewing them like I have done for squats. Which has helped immensely. I still have 3 weeks until my surgery so I'll do some form review, but not go too crazy. 

Deadlift

Set 1: 135 lb × 3

Set 2: 180 lb × 1

Set 3: 180 lb × 1

Set 4: 180 lb × 1

First two sets grip was shit but eecked it out. The second two I really worked on setting my grip and they were fabulous. I test 1RM in two weeks! 

Bent Over Row (Dumbbell)

Set 1: 35 lb × 6

Set 2: 35 lb × 5

Lunge (Bodyweight)

Set 1: 10 reps

Sandbag Carry

Set 1: BW (+55 lb) × 3

(I think I entered this wrong, it was three sets, each one across the turf and back.)

Decided to do HIIT that involved arms... I have arm DOMS today... 

I had put chicken thighs in the crockpot that morning with marinara and tomato paste. I tasted some when I got home. AMAZEBALLS. Why is simple sometimes so fabulous? I've gotten a little tired of complicated recipes and am spending a couple of weeks going back to the basics and not stressing so much about cooking. I'm excited to have pasta for lunch today! With steamer veg, so easy peasy. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Or maybe make it a game to see how flat I can get the line? 

It's like archery/target shooting....but with chicken and veggies.

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I had put chicken thighs in the crockpot that morning with marinara and tomato paste. I tasted some when I got home. AMAZEBALLS. Why is simple sometimes so fabulous? I've gotten a little tired of complicated recipes and am spending a couple of weeks going back to the basics and not stressing so much about cooking. I'm excited to have pasta for lunch today! With steamer veg, so easy peasy. 

Tomatoes are powerful.