Taddea Zhaan - in a galaxy far farscape away

Jord

2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I had put chicken thighs in the crockpot that morning with marinara and tomato paste. I tasted some when I got home. AMAZEBALLS. Why is simple sometimes so fabulous?

This is basically one of my favorite dishes from childhood, my grandmother would slow cook it on the stove and serve it with polenta :D  Glad you are finding some simple pleasures in cooking for a break!

Current Challenge! Updated 9/18

Battle Log

Instagram

2019 Goal - Follow all 3 main programs of Strong Lifts (complete each on time)

I had put chicken thighs in the crockpot that morning with marinara and tomato paste. I tasted some when I got home. AMAZEBALLS. Why is simple sometimes so fabulous? I've gotten a little tired of complicated recipes and am spending a couple of weeks going back to the basics and not stressing so much about cooking. I'm excited to have pasta for lunch today! With steamer veg, so easy peasy. 

heyoooo! need to try this. also, weren't you the one who used to be weird about chicken thighs? have you found a way to enjoy them?! this is wonderful!!

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

57 minutes ago, TiffanyD said:

This is basically one of my favorite dishes from childhood, my grandmother would slow cook it on the stove and serve it with polenta :D  Glad you are finding some simple pleasures in cooking for a break!

29 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

heyoooo! need to try this. also, weren't you the one who used to be weird about chicken thighs? have you found a way to enjoy them?! this is wonderful!!

Yes, that was me! I find them too fatty and gelatinous. I have to roast the shit out of them, or apparently do this, and then I can find them edible. And since pasta and sauce has almost no fat, melting fat into the sauce works(worked) for me!

I'm not sure if it is a texture or flavor issue. But I have the same problem when a sandwich is too soggy with mayo etc, cannot eat a pile of fat. It could be subliminal from my body because no gallbladder. *shrug*. I am every awkward yeti cartoon. 

• Like 4

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

8 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Yes, that was me! I find them too fatty and gelatinous. I have to roast the shit out of them, or apparently do this, and then I can find them edible. And since pasta and sauce has almost no fat, melting fat into the sauce works(worked) for me!

I'm not sure if it is a texture or flavor issue. But I have the same problem when a sandwich is too soggy with mayo etc, cannot eat a pile of fat. It could be subliminal from my body because no gallbladder. *shrug*. I am every awkward yeti cartoon. 

no i don't think that's weird at all, i also can not eat those parts of meat. i pull them out of my mouth if it gets in there and put it on the corner of my plate... yayyyy awkward yetis togetherrrr

Instagram | pinterest

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Large amounts of fat in one place on my food weirds me out, too. Our tastes surely are informed by our bodies' needs, like cravings and such. 

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

2 hours ago, Urgan said:

Large amounts of fat in one place on my food weirds me out, too. Our tastes surely are informed by our bodies' needs, like cravings and such. 

hahaha not me

I'm the weirdo that will eat whole bitefuls of fat and go "YUMMMMMMM" while my boyfriend looks at me with wtf are you doing eyes (he trims all the fat off of everything, because he super hates the texture and taste)

• Like 6

Challenge Threads

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

3 minutes ago, ixaera said:

hahaha not me

I'm the weirdo that will eat whole bitefuls of fat and go "YUMMMMMMM" while my boyfriend looks at me with wtf are you doing eyes (he trims all the fat off of everything, because he super hates the texture and taste)

I stand with your BF. Do Not Want. More for you?

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

4 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Literally. I have been known to steal his fat trimmings at restaurants.

Waste not, want not.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I had put chicken thighs in the crockpot that morning with marinara and tomato paste. I tasted some when I got home. AMAZEBALLS. Why is simple sometimes so fabulous? I've gotten a little tired of complicated recipes and am spending a couple of weeks going back to the basics and not stressing so much about cooking. I'm excited to have pasta for lunch today! With steamer veg, so easy peasy. 

Ooh, this sounds delicious, I definitely will be stealing it next week for easy meal prep!

Following along for the challenge - hopefully your mobility consistency reminds me to actually do my ankle stuff!

Ballroom dancer, data nerd, calisthenics dabbler

I sometimes eat uncooked bacon right out of the package.

Yup.  I said it.

And it's even better if you wrap it around a mozzarella stick. 

#keto4lyfe

• Like 4

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

Yup.  I said it.

#keto4lyfe

Hardcore.

I've never done that but didn't realize when I was low carbing that pancetta is supposed to be cooked, would cut hunks off the little brick and it was like bacon chewing gum.

• Like 1

Challenge #1, #2, #3, #4

5 hours ago, Deciduous said:

Hardcore.

I've never done that but didn't realize when I was low carbing that pancetta is supposed to be cooked, would cut hunks off the little brick and it was like bacon chewing gum.

Basically the same thing. It's better if you can actually blow pancetta bubbles though.

• Like 4

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

20 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

no i don't think that's weird at all, i also can not eat those parts of meat. i pull them out of my mouth if it gets in there and put it on the corner of my plate... yayyyy awkward yetis togetherrrr

20 hours ago, Urgan said:

I mostly avoid fat globs but do love when skin is crispy AF. weirdly though I don't mind the fatty parts of pork or beef, just chicken. It doesn't make any sense. 

18 hours ago, ixaera said:

hahaha not me

18 hours ago, Urgan said:

I stand with your BF. Do Not Want. More for you?

17 hours ago, ixaera said:

Literally. I have been known to steal his fat trimmings at restaurants.

16 hours ago, Urgan said:

Waste not, want not.

This sounds like a relationship meant to last! ;)

16 hours ago, MikeWazowski said:

Ooh, this sounds delicious, I definitely will be stealing it next week for easy meal prep!

Following along for the challenge - hopefully your mobility consistency reminds me to actually do my ankle stuff!

It was super easy! About 2# of chicken thighs, one can of pasta sauce, and 3-4 tbsp of tomato paste. If fresh thighs low for 6 hours. The fat rendered out adds so much flavor!

12 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

Yup.  I said it.

#keto4lyfe

I can't even with this. 

11 hours ago, Deciduous said:

Hardcore.

6 hours ago, Grumble said:

Basically the same thing. It's better if you can actually blow pancetta bubbles though.

Warriors are amazing. 

• Like 6

Thursday

[x] work goals

[x] water

[x] mobility 

I was thinking yesterday about the difference between feeling sorry for yourself and self-care. I think if I just flat out say you shouldn't feel sorry for yourself that most people and myself would disagree with that. Sometimes life is shit and it's okay to be fucked up about it. But if I contrast that with self care then it seems like feeling sorry for yourself can be avoided if you transform it into self-care. It feels like two different mentalities to me. 

Occasionally people will mention that they are impressed with my recovery and my positive attitude. But really it wasn't always that way and I think it was the transition from feeling sorry for myself to developing a lifestyle of self-care. 

But you can do the same activity and it can be one or the other. You can have a shit day and come home and drown your sorrows in booze, or you can come home and say you know what, I had a shit day and I deserve some booze and I'm going to own that and relax. Feels like two different mentalities to me. 

Unrelated, I watched Louis C.K. come out as bi yesterday and I thought I was being punked. 

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Thursday

[x] work goals

[x] water

[x] mobility 

I was thinking yesterday about the difference between feeling sorry for yourself and self-care. I think if I just flat out say you shouldn't feel sorry for yourself that most people and myself would disagree with that. Sometimes life is shit and it's okay to be fucked up about it. But if I contrast that with self care then it seems like feeling sorry for yourself can be avoided if you transform it into self-care. It feels like two different mentalities to me. 

Occasionally people will mention that they are impressed with my recovery and my positive attitude. But really it wasn't always that way and I think it was the transition from feeling sorry for myself to developing a lifestyle of self-care. 

But you can do the same activity and it can be one or the other. You can have a shit day and come home and drown your sorrows in booze, or you can come home and say you know what, I had a shit day and I deserve some booze and I'm going to own that and relax. Feels like two different mentalities to me. 

agreed.

29 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Unrelated, I watched Louis C.K. come out as bi yesterday and I thought I was being punked. 

WAIT WHAT?! yes! haha good for him.

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

3 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

WAIT WHAT?! yes! haha good for him.

I mean, maybe it's open to interpretation but his new special has a 20 min bit about how'd like a boyfriend but he's nervous about the D. And it wasn't like a "oh I'm just joking" it was very on point. 

He also mentions at one point (earlier in the special) that one thing that he admires about people who are transgender is that they have figured out who they are and have gone for it. 

It sounds like he is still figuring himself out and I'm proud of him for exploring it on stage. 

You should watch it on Netflix and report back. 

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I mean, maybe it's open to interpretation but his new special has a 20 min bit about how'd like a boyfriend but he's nervous about the D. And it wasn't like a "oh I'm just joking" it was very on point. 

He also mentions at one point (earlier in the special) that one thing that he admires about people who are transgender is that they have figured out who they are and have gone for it. 

It sounds like he is still figuring himself out and I'm proud of him for exploring it on stage. 

You should watch it on Netflix and report back. 

challenge accepted! although my gaydar can be off sometimes. i still think kanye's in the closet.

• Like 2

Instagram | pinterest

This is really interesting and not something I've consciously thought about. I know during a rough time I was so so happy when my natural instinct was to start hitting the gym (I never had a gym habit before) and eating well; I felt like my body had good survival instincts vs drowning in sad/anger. I think your interpretation is more spot on that it was a drive towards self care vs feeling sorry. Also super interesting that you can be a total sad sack in both modes, I think "self care" in my mind is usually happy/content/zen but now that I read that I think it is usually self soothing, but you're still not feeling awesome - if that makes any sense. Thanks for posting.

• Like 2

Challenge #1, #2, #3, #4

You can totally realize you are in a bad situation, whether or not you have/had any control over it happening to you. It's all in how you choose to respond to that thing. You can choose to be helpless and abdicate what control you DO have (if it's only a change in how you frame your current situation inside your own head to keep yourself sane, if not happy), or you can do what you can to turn the very worst case around and put it in perspective. Letting go of responsibility for what you cannot help may be the hardest form of self-care.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Deciduous said:

This is really interesting and not something I've consciously thought about. I know during a rough time I was so so happy when my natural instinct was to start hitting the gym (I never had a gym habit before) and eating well; I felt like my body had good survival instincts vs drowning in sad/anger. I think your interpretation is more spot on that it was a drive towards self care vs feeling sorry. Also super interesting that you can be a total sad sack in both modes, I think "self care" in my mind is usually happy/content/zen but now that I read that I think it is usually self soothing, but you're still not feeling awesome - if that makes any sense. Thanks for posting.

No problem. I have lots of thoughts but no desire to have a blog so more of them might sneak out here. 

I know other people with chronic illnesses and some of them tend towards the side of "woe is me" and it paralyzes them from action. So I guess self-pity and self-care is perhaps the line between inaction and action? I'm not sure, I'm developing more thoughts. I think I can believe that it sucks to have certain problems but still take action to continue living, whether or not I can change the facts. It's not like I'm walking around saying "oh yeah it is fun to have physical (or mental) health problems". I'm saying "these things are true about me (health problems), but these other things are also true about me (hobbies/lifestyle)". 

3 hours ago, Urgan said:

You can totally realize you are in a bad situation, whether or not you have/had any control over it happening to you. It's all in how you choose to respond to that thing. You can choose to be helpless and abdicate what control you DO have (if it's only a change in how you frame your current situation inside your own head to keep yourself sane, if not happy), or you can do what you can to turn the very worst case around and put it in perspective. Letting go of responsibility for what you cannot help may be the hardest form of self-care.

I think the control thing is also part of what leads people to fitness. It gives you control over your life in a way that wouldn't otherwise be possible. Not to say one should be a "control freak". But saying I am gonna do this diet and this fitness program is a form of taking ownership over your life. 

56 minutes ago, Urgan said:

A good example...

6fcd7ce0edce462d471928d2083b3032.jpg

real mad real real mad

• Like 4

On 19/04/2017 at 7:15 PM, Taddea Zhaan said:

I went to get ranch from the cafeteria and accidentally got fat free ranch. So basically, my lunch was a greek tragedy. 

:lol:

On 20/04/2017 at 7:53 PM, ixaera said:

I have been known to steal his fat trimmings at restaurants.

I'm also a fat fiend, but so is Mr V.  We ask for other people's (well, friends at our table) fat trimmings! :D

• Like 1

Level 16 Warrior Druidess

Walk FROM Mordor   Challenges: Current (#17)   Previous (#1-16)

Keto:  https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto      Fasting:  https://idmprogram.com/tag/fasting/

Friday beottcchessssss finally

[x] work goals

[x] water

[x] mobility

[x] 20 min of glute/abs

Day 3 is my shorter session and sucked it up and worked out at my local gym instead of the fancy gym I PL club at, which is 35 min away (no BB club this weekend). My time and gas money were too precious. Someone was using MY power rack goddamnit, so I did my pause squat singles at the regular squat rack which requires me to walk the bar all of the way out of the rack to squat it. But whatever, I got it done. The pauses may have just been a touch short time wise without the safety of being inside the rack. 

After the lifting/accessories I went into the fitness classroom and did my weekly goal of 20 min combined glutes/abs work. 

• clamshells
  • lateral walks
  • knee banded bridges
  • dead bugs
  • planks
  • few yoga lunge balance things
  • also hip stretches 

Saturday BB Club (but done Friday)

Friday, April 21, 2017 at 7:25 PM

Pause Squats

Set 1: 45 lb × 3

Set 2: 65 lb × 3

Set 3: 80 lb × 1

Set 4: 85 lb × 1

Set 5: 85 lb × 1

Set 6: 85 lb × 1

Set 7: 85 lb × 1

avFocUP.gif

Feet Up Bench

Set 1: 45 lb × 5

Set 2: 55 lb × 3

Set 3: 70 lb × 4

Set 4: 70 lb × 4

Set 5: 70 lb × 4

Went conservative and made all my lifts. Really hoping to make all my bench lifts on Monday. I'm debating going to the PL gym on Sunday instead, because I have to work late on Monday. I know a lot of people there so there is likely to be a spotter, but it'd be 100% spotterdom if I go Monday night, it's just that I'd get there so late I'd be wiped out and barbell club would be half over. 

Hip Thrust (Bands)

Set 1: BW (+40 lb) × 14

Set 2: BW (+40 lb) × 14

No hip thrust bench at regular gym for bands, went with two 20# DB, easy. Should have sucked it up and set up inside the smith machine for hip thrusts but with only two sets... #lazy.

Hip thrusts be like: 

fs3121.gif 

Lat Pulldown

Set 1: 75 lb × 10

Set 2: 75 lb × 10

Bird Dog

Set 1: 14 reps

Set 2: 14 reps

P.S. Started my gardening BuJo! It has no color yet but I've laid out the pages and written some notes. It is not fun and playful but I had no idea what I was doing. I'll play around with ideas this year and maybe my 2018 gardening BuJo won't be so boring. I'll try adding color today when I figure out where Mr. T keeps his coloring pencils. 

Gonna go dig up roots in the garden while listening to a podcast about being calm in chaotic times and try to channel this blue lady (zotoh zhaan, duh): 

ee0a6dfdd4ae167416208a0da23d31e0.jpg

• Like 8

I'm excited to hear how your garden comes along!  I really want to get into container gardening, but I freely admit I'm a giant slacker. :P

• Like 2

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-