Taddea Zhaan - in a galaxy far farscape away

Jord

If I had woken up today even more bloated then yesterday I would have called into work sick and stayed home with 5 gallons of water. Luckily I'm back to only being 3# bloated and the sharks seem to have appeared. 

tumblr_inline_oljfd6XQBO1qmrla4_500.gif

Wednesday

[x] work goals - including my new power outfit ;)

[x] water - 3 bottles is starting to be easy, which was the goal, to build confidence

[x] mobility - kind of shortened though because I was late to barbell club after power outfit shopping #WORTHIT

Many thanks to all the NF peeps who encouraged me to go bold and colorful for my Friday outfit. I now own my first pair of colored pants, kelley green. I wasn't going to but now I feel like I have to share. I don't do NF forum selfies but you can get the idea: 

ZeaWAjggD3GZek8XSMJj6UWE2g0f3bjmWo-xZZyk

Wednesday BB Club

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 5:47 PM

Suitcase Carry

Set 1: 36 lb × 1

Squat

Set 1: 55 lb × 3

Set 2: 80 lb × 6

Set 3: 80 lb × 6

Set 4: 85 lb × 6

Set 5: 85 lb × 6

Set 6: 85 lb × 6

Guess what? No more goblet squat Wednesdays. He says depth is good and what not. So now I get hypertrophy back squats. Which was funny until he said, don't complain I've had T and S doing 20 rep sets before. Please dear lord no. Mild doms today because it's been a few weeks since I had anything above 4 reps for back squats. 

Close Grip Bench

Set 1: 55 lb × 5

Set 2: 67 lb × 4

Set 3: 67 lb × 4

Set 4: 68 lb × 4

Set 5: 68 lb × 4

Set 6: 68 lb × 5

Just repeated last week's close grip to build confidence and work on form and breathing. I've been forgetting to work on my breathing pattern. 

Deadlift

Set 1: 135 lb × 3

Set 2: 185 lb × 1

Set 3: 185 lb × 1

Set 4: 185 lb × 1

Grip starting to go on these. He said they didn't look terrible. I said they felt close to my 1RM and he said "It went up okay, would be fine for a meet, but yeah, you probably don't want working sets at this weight." Next week is 1RM test!

Bent Over Row (Dumbbell)

Set 1: 35 lb × 7

Lunge (Bodyweight)

Set 1: 12 reps

Sandbag Carry

Set 1: BW (+55 lb) × 1

Set 2: BW (+55 lb) × 1

Set 3: BW (+55 lb) × 1

Continue to like the sandbag carry. I enjoy that it involves upper body work, which I need. I can't do them running yet, but I aim for a very fast walk. 

• Like 12

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

Look at you, Mis Fancy pants!

48 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Which was funny until he said, don't complain I've had T and S doing 20 rep sets before. Please dear lord no

Phase 4 of my program has a 20 rep set of Back Squats. I'm terrified.

• Like 3

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

4 hours ago, Grumble said:

Look at you, Mis Fancy pants!

Hoping to wow them starting my new work project tomorrow. ;) New crowd of people, gotta dress to impress. But at the same time try not to dress smarter than my boss. who wears blazers but much nicer ones/outfits. 

4 hours ago, Grumble said:

I can't even keep my form after 6-8 reps. It's too many! My cardio is seriously lacking. 

2 hours ago, Laghail said:

Reminded me of our conversation this morning:

20141116.png

Where is my cottage in the country damnit! At least I get to drive past horses/cows on my way into the city. I'll have to live vicariously through the locals. 

giphy.gif 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I can't even keep my form after 6-8 reps. It's too many! My cardio is seriously lacking. 

There exists a weight you can do for 6-8 reps. It may be light, but it exists. 

• Like 2

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

11 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Hoping to wow them starting my new work project tomorrow. ;) New crowd of people, gotta dress to impress. But at the same time try not to dress smarter than my boss. who wears blazers but much nicer ones/outfits. 

why can't you dress smarter than your boss? i do everyday...

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

3 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

why can't you dress smarter than your boss? i do everyday...

I can. I choose not to. But I don't know that I would want to. Her clothes look a lot less comfortable than mine. More formal. But she's also a slight woman and maybe these form fitting suits don't feel stuffy to her. But I would feel like a robot. All of my clothes must flex with my flex. 

(also, she's a wonderful friendly person, so I am not judging her clothes, I just wouldn't find them comfortable.)

How does your boss dress? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

It wasn't that terrible, I just love to complain about high reps. :devilish:

So say we all.

• Like 3

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

9 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I can. I choose not to. But I don't know that I would want to. Her clothes look a lot less comfortable than mine. More formal. But she's also a slight woman and maybe these form fitting suits don't feel stuffy to her. But I would feel like a robot. All of my clothes must flex with my flex. 

(also, she's a wonderful friendly person, so I am not judging her clothes, I just wouldn't find them comfortable.)

How does your boss dress? 

ahhh totally understandable, i thought it was a power thing. i HATE feeling constricted. 

my boss is male and we work in the environmental field... so jeans and a button up. maybe a fleece vest lol

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

2 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

ahhh totally understandable, i thought it was a power thing. i HATE feeling constricted. 

my boss is male and we work in the environmental field... so jeans and a button up. maybe a fleece vest lol

I had a work expo all morning and I had to wear a tie and blazer all morning while presenting...I've never more appreciated my typical jeans and a polo that I usually wear. Glad my boss straight up wears jeans and an untucked tshirt so even I can feel "dressed up" compared to that normally.

• Like 2

Level 12 Ranger - Instagram | MFP

Challenges

2016: First - Second - Third - Fourth - Fifth - Sixth - Seventh

2017: Eighth - Ninth - Tenth - Eleventh - Twelfth

Respawn 2017 - CH1

12 hours ago, Grumble said:

I would 1- lose count quickly and 2- get bored after rep 5... I have to admit that I do occasionally do 20 rep sets on leg press

Neutral Gargoyle Warrior with a dash of Ranger/Monk/Adventurer. Now LEVEL 9!  My Instagram

STR 78, CON 31, DEX 1, INT 21, WIS 13.5, CHA 4

Meet lifts: SQ 175kg, B 112.5kg, Dead 215kg.   Gym lifts: SQ 185kg, B 132.5kg, Dead 220kg

Nerd Stuff: Sci Fi TV, Sci Fi + Fantasy Books, Classic Space Lego, Warhammer 40K...

16 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

My ex worked in environmental and did field work, I can picture these exact outfits haha. I am sure you are in fact dressing smarter than most in the field. Cuz you got STYLE. 

16 hours ago, ArgSki77 said:

I had a work expo all morning and I had to wear a tie and blazer all morning while presenting...I've never more appreciated my typical jeans and a polo that I usually wear. Glad my boss straight up wears jeans and an untucked tshirt so even I can feel "dressed up" compared to that normally.

Seriously!! I am now very careful about which blazers I buy. Especially as I build up my shoulders. I have a significant appreciation for range of motion while in clothes LOL. And I had linebacker shoulders to begin with. 

11 hours ago, TiffanyD said:

I love the whole outfit!  I too am slowly moving into the world of colored pants

It's scary! I am officially out of the house and ready to present to the world my colored pants. I'll let you know if anyone throws rotten fruit at me. ;) 

8 hours ago, Blocky said:

I would 1- lose count quickly and 2- get bored after rep 5... I have to admit that I do occasionally do 20 rep sets on leg press

Yes, sooooo boring. This is why standard cardio isn't for me. 

8 hours ago, Deciduous said:

Loooovve your outfit, great choice! N'thing stretch everything, the whole size of my being seems to change based on workouts through the week (I've never had the shark bloat, phew!), and I don't think it is psychological ala imaginary lat syndrome.

To be fair I don't get any cramps or pain or anything. I just notice that I have a monthly change in my weight and I can now see the pattern on my weight graph. 

I agree that clothes should be able to accommodate bloat changes! Soooo nice. 

• Like 2

Busy day today so my short update is that I skipped cardio for physical and mental health reasons yesterday. I worked on my gardening journal instead:

s2rX4ncrFCMnr0mCKlQhMEuCoWjh3ixWQJzxxjCW

still working on this layout page and have fully decided on all the herbs yet. I also have a second page for what goes on when these finish. 

969zSkfGEAZRus9tbTBp5hjr-6MUnVOxKMEq8sVf

_XAniBfkkCXDGLi91R9e8ysDQ9dnmiYP1vLggedl

Other pages are are also in the works but you get the idea. :)

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

It's scary! I am officially out of the house and ready to present to the world my colored pants. I'll let you know if anyone throws rotten fruit at me. ;) 

We're waiting with baited breath.

• Like 1

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

Your gardening journal is beautiful on so many levels.  What a treasure to use today and look back on in future years.

suzyQlou * Ranger    

Old Challenges: #1(2015) * #2 * #3(push ups) * #4 * #5(food) * #6 * #7(2016)* #8(nerdiversary) * #9 * 10(animal) * Battle Log * 11(2017) * 12(garden) * 13 * 14(biking) * 15 * 16  * 17  * 18 * 19(2018) * 20(2019) * 21

4 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Here I am! Only 6 pages late.

But you are here! and you rock! 

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Grumble said:

We're waiting with baited breath.

No one threw fruit at me. V. disappointing. Also, was in the meeting all day so I haven't been around anyone who would say anything about my clothes. But I'll let you know. ;)

3 hours ago, suzyQlou said:

Your gardening journal is beautiful on so many levels.  What a treasure to use today and look back on in future years.

That's the idea! I wish I had done this last year. I do remember some things I learned from last year, but could use a lot more info. I'm thinking about switching to the square foot method to maximize space next year. Right now everything is in rows. I've literally just been too lazy to stagger my plantings and if I marked it out in a grid with string that would help me to feel like doing staggered plantings. Like this instead of rows: 

x        x        x

x        x

x        x        x

Also, I already amuse myself because I forgot on the third pic that I had drawn creepin' eyes next to the line about planting a creepin' perennial, and I just saw it again.  

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

But you are here! and you rock! 

giphy.gif

Also, I already amuse myself because I forgot on the third pic that I had drawn creepin' eyes next to the line about planting a creepin' perennial, and I just saw it again.  

i love that gifffff!

also i had to go back and really search for those creepin eyes.. it was worth it!

• Like 3

Instagram | pinterest

I told Mr Red about your garden Bujo... and explained there would be examples for him to look at. We will be stalking your IG ;) 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, RedStone said:

I told Mr Red about your garden Bujo... and explained there would be examples for him to look at. We will be stalking your IG ;) 

Mr. Red has homework. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Urgan said:

Mr. Red has homework. 

He does.... LOL He quietly mentioned last week that he's vaguely sort of maybe interested in doing a bujo of his own! I mentions TD's garden one since he's master minding ours this year... he is...very....curious :D 

• Like 3