Wolfen Strengthens His Chakras

For this challenge, I am trying something new. I've been meditating for a few years now but never worked mindfully within chakra healing. In light of some recent life stress, I think this is a needed experiment. I'll have some fun along the way, too, by channeling some Avatar: The Last Airbender characters, as well as other bits of fun.

Chakra Challenge

Practice at least one from each of the following daily:

Roots.jpg

Root (Earth/Red) Chakra:

• Grounding exercises: walk barefoot outside, feel the earth beneath your feet, sit or squat on the ground, sit beneath a tree and imagine connecting deep into the earth the way a trees roots connect to the earth.
  • Kundalini yoga; standing poses such as mountain, warrior, etc.
  • Listen to a guided meditation for root chakra or for feeling grounded
  • Eat earthy vegetables from the ground, like potatoes and carrots, as well as animal proteins like red meat and eggs, spices like cayenne or tabasco, and red foods like apples and beets.
  • Drink dandelion root tea

original.gif

Sacral (Water/Orange) Chakra:

• Practice deep, abdominal breathing exercises such as "breath of fire" or WHM breathing.
  • Eat orange colored foods such as an orange or a tangerine
  • Hip/core yoga poses such as cobra, camel, etc.
  • Listen to guided meditation for sacral chakra
  • Get near water and/or drink plenty of water; go for a swim if you can

bananas-925216.jpg

Vitality (Fire/Yellow) Chakra:

• Kundalini and abdominal/core poses, as well as abdominal breathing exercises (breath of fire, WHM).
  • eat yellow foods (bananas, lemons, sunflower seeds, yellow peppers.
  • Drink tea with ginger, chamomile, or mint.
  • Listen to a guided meditation for solar plexus/vitality chakra

1474887049_2369.gif

Heart (Green) Chakra:

• Bikram yoga and poses that open up the chest/heart
  • Open up your heart: express love, kindness, gratitude, and trust to others, even complete strangers.
  • Eat green colored foods life leafy green vegetables, spinach, green peppers, etc.
  • Drink green tea.
  • Go for a hike; surround yourself with the color green.
  • Do exercises that work the pectoral/chest area (pushups, etc.)
  • Listen to a guided heart chakra meditation.
  • Breathing exercise in which you hold your hand over your heart and feel your heartbeat as you breathe.

life-is-too-short-to-walk-around-angry-so-be-happy-and-sing-it-out-loud-quote-1.jpg

Throat (Sound/Blue) Chakra:

• Sing a favorite song with passion and as loud as you want.
  • Drink plenty of water.
  • Observe the color blue, especially in nature.
  • Speak the truth with love: if you have to say something tough, be honest but not hurtful.
  • Listen to a guided meditation for throat chakra, especially one with chanting or humming.
  • Laugh out loud, even if you don't feel like it.
  • Find a secluded place, preferably in nature, and just roar!
  • Read a poem out loud.
  • Do a brief silent retreat in which you don't speak for an allotted period of time.
  • Do a shoulder stand and/or similar poses.
  • Fast to give your mouth/throat a break.

giphy.gif

Third Eye (Light/Indigo) Chakra:

• Child's pose or other forward bend exercises.
  • Drink tea with coconut oil, raw ACV, and honey. Add lavender if possible.
  • Watch the sunrise/sunset.
  • Listen to a third eye chakra guided meditation.
  • Massage the center of your forehead (location of "third eye") with your fingers.
  • Eat purple colored fruits like grapes or blueberries.
  • Eat dark chocolate (the heavier the cocoa the better).

giphy.gif

Crown (Thought/Violet) Chakra:

• Take a nature bath: shinrin-yoku
  • Listen to a guided meditation for crown chakra.
  • Sit in silence, eyes closed, and just breathe.
  • Drink plenty of water.
  • Drink tea with lavender

Also do the following:

Chakra healing guided meditation at least once/week

Intense mindful movement session such as tai chi, qigong, or kung fu at least 3 times/week.

Mindful walking at least 5 times/week.

At least one day/week without technology (exception: phone for calls only).

Take a "sabbath" or "retreat," a day of rest at least once/week.

Read Frank Forencich's Beautiful Practice.

• Like 13

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Embraces His Wild Poet

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals More

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

• Like 5

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals More

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

I like your chakra theme and will watch that video later. I've been meaning to learn a little more about the chakras so I guess I'll get some just following you again. :D

• Like 1

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

5 minutes ago, Dagger said:

I like your chakra theme and will watch that video later. I've been meaning to learn a little more about the chakras so I guess I'll get some just following you again. :D

Thank you. As always, you are welcome!

tenor.gif

• Like 2

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

25 minutes ago, annyshay said:

Onion and banana juice?

latest?cb=20140510203833

Haha! I would have been disappointed had you not offered me some. ;)

Would you like some tea?

d58ee2cc8b311b5411d82f33ebca804e.jpg

• Like 4

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Found this on Reddit via user madhatter69. Obviously he edited out show-specific parts and various other unnecessary details:

I typed out the guru's (from the Avatar: The Last Airbender) lessons on opening the chakras, thought you guys might find this handy

Chakras are pools of spiraling energy in our bodies. There are seven chakras that go up the body. Each pool of energy has a purpose, and can be blocked by a specific kind of emotional mark. Be warned: opening the chakras is an intense experience, and once you begin this process, you can not stop until all seven are open.

• The first chakra is the Earth chakra, located at the base of the spine. It deals with survival, and is blocked by fear.

What are you most afraid of? Let your fears become clear to you. You are concerned about your survival, but you must surrender those fears. Let your fears flow down the creek.

• Next is the Water chakra. This chakra deals with pleasure and is blocked by guilt.

Look at all the guilt that burdens you so. What do you blame yourself for? Now accept the reality that these things happened. But do not let them cloud and poison your energy. If you are to be a positive influence on the world, you need to forgive yourself.

• Third is the Fire chakra, located in the stomach. This chakra deals with willpower, and is blocked by shame.

What are you ashamed of? What are your biggest disappointments in yourself? You will never find balance if you deny this part of your life.

• The fourth chakra is located in the Heart. It deals with love and is blocked by grief.

Lay all your grief out in front of you. Love is a form of energy, and it swirls all around us. A love of your lost ones has not left this world, it is still inside of your heart; and it is reborn in a form of new love. Let it flow through you.

• The fifth in the chain is the Sound chakra, located in the throat. It deals with the truth, and is blocked by lies, the ones we tell ourselves.

You can not lie about your own nature. You must accept yourself as you are.

• The sixth pool of energy is the Light chakra, located in the center of the forehead. It deals with insight, and is blocked by illusion.

The greatest illusion of this world is the illusion of separation. Things you think are separate and different are actually one and the same. We are all one people, but we live as if divided. We are all connected, and everything is connected. Even the separation of the four elements is an illusion. If you open your mind, you will see that all the elements are one; four parts of the same whole. Even metal is just a part of earth that has been purified and refined.

• The final chakra is Thought chakra and is located at the crown of the head. It deals with pure cosmic energy and is blocked by earthly attachment.

Once you open this chakra, you will be able to go in the state of mind where you will have complete control and awareness of all your actions. Meditate on what attaches you to this world. Now, let all of those attachments go, let them flow down the river; forgotten. You must learn to let go, otherwise you won’t be able to let the pure cosmic energy flow in from the Universe.

• Like 7

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

This is a cool theme, I look forward to following along!  I haven't done any chakra work in years.

• Like 1

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

13 minutes ago, MichiruSedai said:

This is a cool theme, I look forward to following along!  I haven't done any chakra work in years.

Thank you. I'm glad you're here.

sfxdx.jpg

• Like 5

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Week 0, Day 1: Happy Easter! This is the day to celebrate resurrection!

giphy.gif

• Took a morning barefoot walk in light rain.
  • Managed a quick swim across the river; the water was cool and the raindrops whispered on the water's surface.
  • On the walk back home, I picked and munched on some wild onion.
  • Made some green tea with ACV, coconut oil, lavender and honey.

7d3f4a894b81b12c161d1b33c9bfa607.gif

• Ate an orange with breakfast.
  • Sang "Remember the Mountain Bed" by Billy Bragg and Wilco.
  • Drank about 44 ounces of water.
  • Tried some Naked pressed Bold Beet juice; it was delightfully earthy.
  • Made some afternoon tea from dandelion tops and roots, as well as some ACV and honey.

tumblr_mw16hefDyo1rozvtbo3_r1_400.gif

• Snacked on blueberries and strawberries drizzled with honey
  • Cleaned out and turned on the water fountain on my porch so I can enjoy the relaxing sounds of water while watching the sunrise from my porch.

tumblr_oavzrlQ9wO1v54jauo1_500.gif

• Like 7

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

I approve of all the Uncle Iroh in this thread.  *thumbs up*

• Like 2

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

7 hours ago, Wolfen said:

Cleaned out and turned on the water fountain on my porch so I can enjoy the relaxing sounds of water while watching the sunrise from my porch.

Ååååh... (That would probably be Oooh in English, but whatever, Swedish letter wins)

That sounds absolutely wonderful. Well, maybe not getting up in time for the sunrise every day. But then the sun rises around 5:30 right now and in two weeks it'll be 4:50 and continue to be earlier for more than a month after that.

• Like 3

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

Love this all so much!!

I especially appreciate how much pleasure you put into your practice right from the start. As a former energy worker (still heal with energy just not with working at it anymore ;) ) I have seen too many people go at chakra balancing with stern discipline and a concept of hard work, which I found over my years of personal experience rather hindering than helpful. Our vibrational bodies are like nature, extremely intelligent and way more in the flow than we trust them to be. Getting back in touch with them does open up that flow even more, yes, but I often feel the best part is simply being at home there and therefore remember our completion within the incompletion again, sorry if this doesn't make much sense, I'll stop rambling :D

Just wanted to say, I really love your approach and wish you many fulfilling moments along this challenge's journey

tumblr_mx428jPhyu1s69it0o1_500.gif

• Like 6

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

2 hours ago, Dagger said:

Ååååh... (That would probably be Oooh in English, but whatever, Swedish letter wins)

That sounds absolutely wonderful. Well, maybe not getting up in time for the sunrise every day. But then the sun rises around 5:30 right now and in two weeks it'll be 4:50 and continue to be earlier for more than a month after that.

Yikes! (Not sure what that would be in Swedish, lol). Sunrise here is around 6:50 and it will get earlier, but only to about 5:30 (which is a common wakeup time for me).

• Like 2

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, lucky fire dragon said:

sorry if this doesn't make much sense, I'll stop rambling

You're not rambling at all. It does make sense.

4 minutes ago, lucky fire dragon said:

Just wanted to say, I really love your approach and wish you many fulfilling moments along this challenge's journey

And thank you. I hope to see you popping in from time to time to offer more insight. :)

• Like 1

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Thank you, I didn't pop in all that much with you or anyone the last few weeks, because I was sitting the last challenge out and am not yet sure about this one. But will definitely come by from time to time to peek :)

You're set up excellently, so I'll probably come "only" for watching you rock as is ;)

Enjoy!

• Like 2

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

57 minutes ago, Wolfen said:

Yikes! (Not sure what that would be in Swedish, lol). Sunrise here is around 6:50 and it will get earlier, but only to about 5:30 (which is a common wakeup time for me).

Haha this is nothing when comparing to the north of Sweden, but then I haven't lived there. ^___^

In summer where I live, you can expect pretty decent light until midnight or at least 23:00. And then it is dark (well not winter dark, but you get what I mean) until the sun rises about 4. It is what I'm used this.

This discussion made me realize that my sun calendar (subscription in my calendar program) will be out of date soon and I'll have to keep up by checking online instead.

• Like 3

oooh, actually now that I think of it, I do have something to offer that you might want to add into your chakra treat options (isn't it awesome that treatment includes treat as in something really nice?)

as you can meditate on your vibrational roots for your root chakra, where you imagine the roots connecting the soles of your feet with Earth and all the delicious nourishing connection between your own enery system and Earth, the stability it offers, the life energy, the unconditional support and relief... you can also meditate on vibrational wings connected to your heart chakra. The roots help you ground and stand strong, the wings help you lighten up, stay flexible, open and enhance tremendous joy. As you imagine spreading them and letting them swing, you can gently play with what feels appropriate each day: some days they might want to move slow and majestically, powerfully, other days they might feel best moving swiftly, exuberantly, yet again other days they might just feel calm and steady,... you get the idea. If you'd like to you could even accompany the movement with your arms, opening them wide and then folding in as if giving yourself the comfort of these huge, glorious wings :)

Just a suggestion, of course, no offence taken if you say it's not your thing :) 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, lucky fire dragon said:

Just a suggestion, of course, no offence taken if you say it's not your thing :)

It's an excellent suggestion. Thank you. I probably won't post it into the actual challenge, but I will bear it in mind during my meditations for heart chakra.

11 minutes ago, lucky fire dragon said:

(isn't it awesome that treatment includes treat as in something really nice?)

That is awesome! And what better treat than flapping my arms like I have wings! I'll feel like a kid again. :)

• Like 4

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

I'll be following along, I'm in the Rebel forum usually but somehow I landed here this morning so I'm taking that as a sign. Besides, you said Last Airbender, so how could I not? I love what you've done to make this measurable and fun and self-care focused. I can learn something here, I just know it.

• Like 2

J3NN

Current Challenge || Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

9 minutes ago, J3NN said:

I'll be following along, I'm in the Rebel forum usually but somehow I landed here this morning so I'm taking that as a sign. Besides, you said Last Airbender, so how could I not? I love what you've done to make this measurable and fun and self-care focused. I can learn something here, I just know it.

Thank you. And welcome!

tumblr_m6v6hcV5DD1rsrt78o1_r1_500.gif

• Like 2

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

I read this article a few years ago, but I stumbled onto it again via Facebook memories. It's an article about accepting ourselves as we are based on the Japanese concept of wabi-sabi, or "imperfect beauty." Link below:

The Wabi-Sabi Self

Wabi-Sabi-Self.jpg

"But apparent imperfections are often our better parts, especially when viewed from a fresh angle."

"Using a wabi-sabi perspective to view so-called flaws doesn’t mean relinquishing your standards, but it does allow you to see and care for your present self exactly as you are."

• Like 6

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

18 minutes ago, Coco P Loco said:

Barefoot walking and swimming in the river sound blissful!

So take off your shoes and go for a swim! LOL. Those are two of my favorite things to do. :)

• Like 2

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Wolfen said:

I read this article a few years ago, but I stumbled onto it again via Facebook memories. It's an article about accepting ourselves as we are based on the Japanese concept of wabi-sabi, or "imperfect beauty." Link below:

The Wabi-Sabi Self

Wabi-Sabi-Self.jpg

"But apparent imperfections are often our better parts, especially when viewed from a fresh angle."

"Using a wabi-sabi perspective to view so-called flaws doesn’t mean relinquishing your standards, but it does allow you to see and care for your present self exactly as you are."

I'm going to read the article when I have time, but I just wanted to mention how I love wabi-sabi, or maybe I just love so many things Japanese, lol.

• Like 3